Brian Eno - Wrong Way Up (with John Cale) CD (album) cover

Brian Eno

Progressive Electronic

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
2 stars "Wrong Way Up" indeed. This is a simple album of simple, pleasant pop songs. Nothing at all progressive, and not terribly interesting. In fact, the entire album sounds reminiscent of some of Eno past productions, most notably The Talking Heads (which for the most part bore me to tears).

As I noted above, the songs are all pleasant, there is no hint of the underlying darkness that seemed to loom about the early Eno albums, making them interesting listens. Here we get song after song of tribal rhythms, with Eno and/or Cale singing not very interesting lyrics (for the most part).

Evolver | 2/5 |