Journey - Greatest Hits CD (album) cover

GREATEST HITS

Journey

snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

snobb | 3/5 |