GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

Sony Legacy 2011
The Essential JourneyThe Essential Journey
Limited Edition · Remastered
Sony 2001
Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
InfinityInfinity
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2006
DepartureDeparture
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
Raised on Radio [Extra tracks][Original recording remastered]Raised on Radio [Extra tracks][Original recording remastered]
SONY MUSIC SPECIAL PRODUCTS 2006
FrontiersFrontiers
Extra tracks
Sbme Special Mkts. 2006
LP RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH *NM VINYL* 399 US $11.99 Buy It Now 30m 43s
JOURNEY ~ TRAIL BY FIRE ~ CD 1995 COLUMBIA US $2.99 Buy It Now 33m 12s
Escape by Journey (1996)(Audio Cassette) US $6.01 Buy It Now 34m 30s
Journey Open Arms/Little Girl 18-02687 45 RPM Vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 14s
Journey - Frontiers - With A poster 1981 US $1.61 [0 bids]
37m 30s
JOURNEY**ORIGINAL ALBUM CLASSICS: JOURNEY/LOOK INTO THE FUTURE/NEXT**CD US $11.88 Buy It Now 39m 43s
THE KNACK-...BUT THE LITTLE GIRLS UNDERSTAND CASSETTE MINT COND // JOURNEY/ YES US $12.74 [0 bids]
41m 58s
Journey - Frontiers (1983) Early Pressing DADC CD Original CBS/Columbia Version US $14.00 Buy It Now 44m 18s
HEAVY D & THE BOYZ-PEACEFULL JOURNEY-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 1h
For the Love of Strange Medicine by Steve Perry (Journey) (CD & SLEEVE ONLY) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
250 Lbs of Blue, Journey into a blue soul Audio CD US $4.45 Buy It Now 1h 5m
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M REC. SP-3621 VG+ YES US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
JOURNEY: Evolution (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Dastan Trio, Journey to Persia Audio CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Celtic Classics An Enchanted Journey CD by Shanon - Dublin Ireland 1995 US $7.00 [0 bids]
CHRIS FITZ BAND / JOURNEY OF HOPE / SIGNED CD / FREE SHIPPING US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
JOURNEY "INFINITY" LP 1978 WITH INNER SLEEVE WITH LYRICS STEVE PERRY US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman (CD, May-2005, A US $4.95 [0 bids]
Playlist: Very Best of Journey * by Journey *New CD* US $4.61 Buy It Now 1h 18m
LOT OF FOUR ASSORTED RECORD ALBUMS JOURNEY, ABBA, ETC US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Castanarc: Journey To The East LP: Rare 1984 UK Release: Prog Rock. US $4.83 [0 bids]
POLICE ASIA PETER FRAMPTON JOURNEY 7" BRAZIL HOLLYWOOD EXCLUSIVE P/S US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
JOURNEY "AFTER THE FALL" COLUMBIA Records Vinyl 45 Rpm Free S/H USA! US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JOURNEY - Captured CD 1993 JAPAN OBI SRCS6267 SONY US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Paul Oakenfold - Journeys by DJ Volume 5 (1994 Journey through the Spectrum) US $16.13 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Journey 4 CD lot Trial By Fire Captured When You Love a Woman Test of Time RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
JOURNEY - Trial by Fire (Rock) (CD, Oct-2006, Columbia (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JOURNEY RAISED ON RADIO US $7.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY - LOOK INTO THE FUTURE / NEXT NEW CD US $27.86 Buy It Now 1h 48m
PAULA MACASKILL - PART OF THE JOURNEY - CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Loreena McKennitt: The Journey so far - Best of (2014) CD OBI TAIWAN US $22.79 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Les Brown Orchestra - Got My Love to Keep Me Warm / Sentimental Journey US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Deaf Dealer - Journey Into Fear cd OFFICIAL new epic VIPER manowar Iron maiden US $13.59 [7 bids]
PORTUGUESE MUSIC - THE JOURNEY OF SOUNDS US $150.00 Buy It Now 1h 54m
JOURNEY - PLAYLIST: THE VERY BEST OF JOURNEY NEW CD US $12.53 Buy It Now 1h 59m
LEI OHU RYDER - JOURNEY OF LIGHT: EARLY YEARS NEW CD US $26.40 Buy It Now 2h
45 Record LOS INDIOS TABAJARAS - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY - VG++ US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
CD . The Mab's . The Journey..The Post Ice Age . Single US $7.96 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Joy in the Journey: 10 Years of Greatest Hits by Michael Card (CD, Feb-1994,... US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
HK CD Aaron Kwok ??? Journey Cheer ???? US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 7m
COME AND JOURNEY - HAUGEN/HAAS/JONCAS, CASSETTE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
BAD ENGLISH - Bad English (CD 1989) JOURNEY SCHON IMPORT EPC4634472 US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 8m
The Journey Live...From the Heart by Howard Hewett (CD, Oct-2009, Eagle... US $3.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY Frontiers HALF SPEED MASTERED HC 48504 LP record VINYL US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
COLETTE BARON-REID**JOURNEY THROUGH THE CHAKRAS**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Journey Captured 1981 2LPSEXC.CON!! Rec.LP Album Vinyl(22) Master Disk US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Musical Journey: Asia by Andy Street (CD, May-2001, BCI Music (Brentwood... US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rick Wakeman: Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP NM USA A&M SP-3621 Gatefold US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Roots For the Journey [Digipak] * by Yancy (CD, Jun-2013, Jeff Jackson) US $2.95 [0 bids]
DONNA SUMMER - The Journey (The Very Best Of Donna Summer) - CD Album *Hits* US $8.06 Buy It Now 2h 18m
SHOOTING STAR - III Wishes (1982) HARD ROCK AOR Journey REO Speedwagon US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
JOURNEY (ROCK) - TIME3 [TIME CUBED] [LONG BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $35.66 Buy It Now 2h 28m
JOURNEY Departure + Frontiers 2LP lot STEVE PERRY STEVE SMITH NEAL SCHON 2LP lot US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Journey Begins: Elemental/To Drive the Cold Winter Away/Parallel Dreams... US $38.50 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Naturally You...A Jazzetry Love Journey by Nelson Brown (CD, Aug-2003) NEW! US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
45 RECORD LES BROWN & AMES BROTHERS: SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY, UNDECIDED US $2.23 Buy It Now 2h 34m
? Rick Wakeman - Journey to Centre (booklet) (of Yes) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
J.S. BACH - MUSICAL JOURNEY: POTSDAM NEW DVD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2h 46m
HAYDN / CAPELLA ISTROPOLITANA / WORDSWORTH - MUSICAL JOURNEY: OXFORD NEW DVD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Mortal Combat: The Journey Begins - Original Score, Jonathan Sloate PROMO CD US $7.99 [1 bids]
Jan Peerce: Journey Through Opera: Orchestra of the Vienna Festival/Julius Rudel US $15.00 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Celtic Journey 6: Putting on Airs ( CD Album ) Used Very good US $2.83 Buy It Now 2h 52m
JOURNEY Frontiers LP Vinyl Record Album RARE EX+ A1 / B1 1st UK US $4.44 [0 bids]
GILLIAN WELCH- Soul Journey CD (2003 ALBUM) US $7.74 Buy It Now 2h 54m
GRAEME BELL - CZECHOSLOVAK JOURNEY (0 15 1455) CZECH LP 1947 TRAD JAZZ RECS VG+ US $6.46 Buy It Now 2h 59m
VARIOUS ARTISTS*GLOBAL CHILLOUT: A TRANQUIL JOURNEY*CD US $2.91 Buy It Now 3h
Norman Connors - Romantic Journey - 1977 Expanded Edition CD US $1.60 [1 bids]
3h
SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY 3: Tony Bennett,Les Paul,Mary Ford,Dean Martin,Doris Day+ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 3h 2m
used Bernie William The Journey Within CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Rock Album Vinyl LP - K-Tel TU 2680 - Boston, Journey, Tull, Kansas, Styx US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Cunninlynguists - Strange Journey 3 [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Yogiray - Ong Gong Journey [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Mark Evans - Journey Home (Adre'N Ol) [CD New] US $19.44 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Praying Mantis - Journey Goes On [CD New] US $29.18 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Journey, Evolution Audio CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY WITH LES BROWN MUSIC CD - USED US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
LOVIN' TOUCHIN' SQUEEZIN' journey 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Sentimental Journey by VARIOUS ARTISTS US $2.27 Buy It Now 3h 20m
JOURNEY Escape LP CBS 460185 1 UK 1981 EX/EX US $14.52 Buy It Now 3h 34m
huge lot of 326 8 Track Tapes! Styx black sabbath journey led zeppelin and more! US $256.00 [8 bids]
BRUCKNER ~ SYMP NO 2 IN B FLAT MAJOR ~ WAGNER ~ DAWN & SIEGFRIED'S RHINE JOURNEY US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 35m
DI COLLINI, Sigi vs MENDEZZ/ANDREW - Second Journey - 12" US $15.81 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Glee: The Music, Journey to Regionals [EP] by Glee (CD, Jun-2010, Columbia (USA) US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Classical Journey: Russia (CD, Aug-1991, Laserlight)*** US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 40m
NOS JOURNEY...SUZANNE US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
JOURNEY 2004 DETOUR TOUR SHIRT OFFICIAL STEVE PERRY FOREIGNER BOSTON STYX ASIA US $4.99 [0 bids]
DREAM DEATH - Journey Into Mystery - LP - PENANCE, CATHEDRAL, CELTIC FROST, RARE US $32.28 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Epsilon Journey: Live in Eindhoven, Netherlands 2008... US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
RICK WAKEMAN "NM WAX" Journey to the Centre of the Earth SP-3621 LP V6446 US $7.99 [0 bids]
TRINI LOPEZ Mental Journey / Good Old Mounta 45 Mn 0687 VG (45s-3207) US $6.49 Buy It Now 3h 51m
EDDIE STOBART TRUCKING SONGS (2013) 3-CD: RAINBOW BOSTON JOURNEY PATTI SMITH US $5.49 [2 bids]
Patti Labelle, Timeless Journey Audio CD US $4.61 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Jim Copp / Ed Brown- A Journey to San Francisco with the Glups -LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h
Sentimental Journey, Denny Berthiaume, Good US $3.75 Buy It Now 4h
Suraj Holzwarth - Journey Of The Heart [CD New] US $26.98 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Michele Mclaughlin - Journey [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Vicki Logan - Journey To Places In My Soul [CD New] US $12.98 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Sherry Finzer - Desert Journey [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Kanniks Kannikeswaran - Vismaya 2-An Indo Celtic Musical Journey [CD New] US $21.03 Buy It Now 4h 3m

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"