GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Randy Jackson / bass, guitar
- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2006
Vision QuestVision Quest
Soundtrack
Geffen Records 1990
Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
RevelationRevelation
CD+DVD
Sony 2008
Tears of the Forest: Mystical Journey by Talbert St. Claire (CD, Aug-2004,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
30m 8s
LONGINES SYMPHONETTE SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY SET USED US $2.95 Buy It Now 35m 45s
JOURNEY-ECLIPSE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK BONUS TRACK G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 41m 23s
Endless Journey Phase 3 LP (1983) PSYCHO 19 VG/VG US $41.52 Buy It Now 44m 44s
"Journey In The Beginning"/ VG+,MT- US $9.99 Buy It Now 49m 21s
TRAVELLERS - A JOURNEY INTO THE SUN WITHIN - MMPCDDG0687 US $19.25 Buy It Now 51m 57s
Strauss/Wagner(Vinyl LP)Don Juan/Siegfrieds Rhine Journey US $21.99 Buy It Now 54m 39s
Journey(Vinyl LP)Look Into The Future-UK-S 69203-CBS-VG+/VG+ US $21.99 Buy It Now 54m 42s
Courtney Pine(Vinyl LP)Journey To The Urge Within-UK-ILPS 9846-I US $18.99 Buy It Now 54m 59s
BAKA BEYOND - JOURNEY BETWEEN - HNCD1415 US $15.94 Buy It Now 55m 55s
Peaceful Journey by Heavy D (CD, Jul-1991, Uptown/MCA) US $5.09 Buy It Now 56m 59s
Norman Connors - You Are My Starship / Romantic Journey - CDSBPJ42 US $20.54 Buy It Now 58m 43s
Sacred Journey of Ku Kai:vol 2 - Kitaro New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.79 Buy It Now 59m 40s
Rossini(Vinyl LP)The Barber of Seville, Semiramide, Wiliam Tell, he Journey to R US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
3 harmonia mundi cds LIED a journey into the heart of ROMANTIC GERMANY Schumann US $4.86 [3 bids]
ANTHONY POPE - JOURNEY: AUSTRALIAN CONTEMPORARY TRUMPET & ORGAN NEW CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
911 - CD Album Award - THE JOURNEY - SALE!!! Special Offer US $91.34 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Gordon Giltrap Band(Vinyl LP)Perilous Journey-Pye-TRIX 4-UK-VG/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Gordon Giltrap Band(Vinyl LP)Perilous Journey-The Electric Record Company-TRIX 4 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
DUNCAN BROWNE 'JOURNEY' UK 7" SINGLE US $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Rick Wakeman(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Journey to The Center-A & M-VG/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
BRAINSTORM - Journey To The Light - CD US $16.61 Buy It Now 1h 16m
RICHARD YONGJAE O'NEILL - Winter Journey 2CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Journey Infinity 1978 1st Kendun A Press, Steam Clean, A+ SOUND, Excellent US $12.80 Buy It Now 1h 22m
SUSAN McCANN SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY 40 SONGS FROM THE HEART OF IRELAND 2 CD US $11.59 Buy It Now 1h 23m
AVIV GEFFEN journey ISRAEL israeli CD Blackfield Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
NOSTALGIA 77 - A JOURNEY TOO FAR - TRUCD284 US $16.71 Buy It Now 1h 28m
DEADMAN / MAIDA VALE SINGERS / DEE / JONES / CAPRA - CLARE'S JOURNEY NEW CD US $23.91 Buy It Now 1h 39m
MOZART / OVENDEN / OAE / COHEN - AN ITALIAN JOURNEY NEW CD US $25.07 Buy It Now 1h 39m
VASILE BELUSKA / DAVIS / GALU BROOKS - BRIDGES : JOURNEY THROUGH EAST NEW CD US $22.37 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Patti LaBelle - Timeless Journey (CD, Def Soul) Carlos Santana, Shelia E US $1.45 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Journey NEW US $21.37 Buy It Now 1h 59m
THE QUADS 'UFO/ASTRONAUT'S JOURNEY' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $16.59 Buy It Now 2h
Powerline "Double Journey" Disco Boogie 12" Prelude mp3 US $7.99 [2 bids]
2h
JOURNEY suzanne JAPAN 7" Used Rental US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Wakeman,Rick - Journey To The Centre Of The E [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Brainstorm ~ Journey To The Light LP ~ Tabu ~ WLP VG++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
JALAJA BONHEIM - DESCENT INANNA: JOURNEY THROUGH ANCIENT SUMERIAN NEW CD US $19.71 Buy It Now 2h 9m
ANITA JUNG - RIVER BETWEEN: TRANCEFORMATIONAL JOURNEY TO AWAREN NEW CD US $26.60 Buy It Now 2h 9m
REHAB A MUSICAL JOURNEY NEW CD US $19.71 Buy It Now 2h 9m
NAWANG KHECHOG - TIBETAN DREAM JOURNEY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.40 Buy It Now 2h 9m
JUNG MIN - JOURNEY HOME NEW CD US $27.37 Buy It Now 2h 9m
London Brass - Romantic Journey - Symphonic Brass - 1989 CD US $2.47 [1 bids]
Acid Jazz, Funk 45, Alice Coltrane, Journey to Satchidananda, M-, rare PS US $49.99 [0 bids]
HAMPTON,LIONEL-SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY CD NEW US $16.92 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Lot of heavy metal cds rush acdc gnr journey def leppard HIM US $12.00 [3 bids]
Asmodee-Black Drop Journey 7" EP FRENCH TECHNICAL BLACK US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DIVA GRAY AND OYSTER HOTEL PARADISE WHITE LABEL PROMO VG++ HEAR IT US $17.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Celtic Journey (New 3-CD) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
NEW Journey into Light by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $25.58 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Monkey - Journey To The West (CD 2008) Gorillaz Promo US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 25m
CHICO HAMILTON-A DIFFERENT KIND OF JOURNEY-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Charles Lloyd Quartet ~ Journey Within LP ~ Atlantic ~ VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
Journey - Kim Sjogren New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $24.39 Buy It Now 2h 32m
GEORGIAN TRADITIONAL / ANTCHIS CHATI CHOR - GEORGIAN JOURNEY : SECULAR US $39.64 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Journey South by Jourmey South US $1.66 Buy It Now 2h 55m
MEG - journey - Japan CD - J-POP - 7Tracks US $17.09 Buy It Now 3h
DJ DKHT - JOURNEY OF DONKIHOTE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $30.80 Buy It Now 3h
SECOND MOON - BEGINNING OF THE JOURNEY NEW CD US $29.27 Buy It Now 3h
JOURNEY - EVOLUTION - ORIGINAL LP - VERY GOOD CONDITION - PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $1.66 [0 bids]
3h
JOURNEY - FRONTIERS - ORIGINAL LP - VERY GOOD CONDITION - PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $1.66 [1 bids]
3h
GENERATOR - Infinite Journey - 12" US $17.59 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Motown A Journey Through Hitsville USA US $3.96 Buy It Now 3h 7m
JOURNEY-the journey continues...COMPLETE BEST Japan SRCS-2417 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Celtic Journey Instrumental Moods Irish Fiddle,Harp,Uilleann Pipe Music New CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
JOURNEY-starbox Japan 25DP-5204 US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
UPROAR TIME MACHINE 7 CD PACK 2014 A JOURNEY THROUGH HARDCORE US $33.20 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ROBIN LENT-SCARECROW'S JOURNEY-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 3h 11m
JOURNEY (NEW SEALED 2 CD SET) ESSENTIAL GREATEST HITS COLLECTION / VERY BEST OF US $11.54 Buy It Now 3h 13m
WILLIE NELSON "REVOLUTIONS OF TIME: THE JOURNEY" CASSETTE 1995 columbia sealed US $3.82 Buy It Now 3h 18m
LLANES, George Jr - Spiritual Journey - 12" US $17.59 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Rick Wakeman-Journey To The Center Of The Earth US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
FRANK SINATRA ''SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY.'' NM 45 CAPITOL ORIGINAL/W SLEEV, FREE SHIP US $7.95 [0 bids]
JOURNEY TO THE HEARTLAND BY KOLODNER,KEN (CD) US $20.65 Buy It Now 3h 35m
The Golden Harvest Quartet " Sweeter Gets The Journey " US $5.00 [0 bids]
DARKTHRONE - SOULSIDE JOURNEY - RARE VINYL TEST PRESSING US $49.81 [2 bids]
PATH An Ambient Journey From Windham Hill CD 1995 US $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Long Journey Home by Stanley Brothers US $8.36 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Heavy D and the Boyz - Peaceful Journey. US $1.00 [0 bids]
Journey, Eclipse Audio CD Kansas Sammy Hagar Survivor Outfield Hardline Asia Yes US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
STANLEY CLARKE- Journey To Love - Rare 12" Vinyl 33 RPM LP - Nemperor Records US $3.79 [0 bids]
MIHO - FIRST JOURNEY NEW CD US $25.44 Buy It Now 3h 49m
My Life II: The Journey Continues: Act 1 [Deluxe Edition] by Mary J. Blige... US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Center of the Earth sealed MFSL 200g mint numbered US $149.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Frontiers by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Journey LP , Evolution, Columbia 35797, ORIGINAL 1979 No Bar Code, VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 4h
NEW - Journey Live from the heart US $2.40 Buy It Now 4h 9m
NEAL SCHON"I'LL COVER YOU"CDSI PROMO(JOURNEY,BAD ENGLIS US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
2014 Rick Wakeman Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 2 LP 180 Gram Vinyl NEW US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
IAN & SYLVIA: NORTHERN JOURNEY ~ 180 Gram CISCO MUSIC Lp NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Readers Digest cd The Best Of The Big Bands Sentimental Journey With Les brown US $4.75 Buy It Now 4h 13m
5 Album Lot - Jethro Tull, Rolling Stones, and Journey US $15.00 [0 bids]
WINDS - JOURNEY NEW CD US $31.20 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Starfire - Jorn CD 2001 Maximum. Journey, Foreigner, Deep Purple covers. OOP! US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Journey 45 RPM Records Columbia & Geffen LOT Sale of 5 1980's US $2.50 [0 bids]
BIDDU ORCHESTRA Futuristic Journey 1978 vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION RECORD US $24.89 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Journey - Frontiers LP - AL 38504 US $0.99 [0 bids]
MAT GURMAN - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE GROOVE NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Rules of the Road [PA] by Tobin James (CD, Mar-2008, Global Journey) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Monkey - Journey To The West CD Album Damon Albarn Gorillaz XL Recordings 2008 US $1.64 [1 bids]

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"