GREATEST HITS

Good, but non-essential

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

Dont Stop Believin: Best ofDont Stop Believin: Best of
Sony UK 2009
Journey - Greatest Hits LiveJourney - Greatest Hits Live
Sony 1998
Greatest Hits (Eco-Friendly Packaging)Greatest Hits (Eco-Friendly Packaging)
Sony 1992
Playlist: Journey Greatest Hits LivePlaylist: Journey Greatest Hits Live
Sony Legacy 2014
Greatest Hits Live by Journey (Rock) (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia (USA)) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 by Journey (Rock) (Vinyl, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, Sony Legacy) USD $32.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Journey GREATEST HITS 180g Gatefold ESSENTIAL BEST OF New Sealed Vinyl 2 LP USD $41.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Greatest Hits 1 & 2 - Journey New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $21.91 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Michael Card - Joy in the Journey: 10 Years of Greatest Hits (Audio CD) USD $19.79 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Journey GREATEST HITS 180g Gatefold ESSENTIAL BEST OF New Sealed Vinyl 2 LP USD $16.00 [10 bids]
Journey - Journey's Greatest Hits (CD 1996) USD $2.88 [0 bids]
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS CD ~ STEVE PERRY ~ DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' 70's 80's *NEW* USD $8.48 Buy It Now 22h 35m
2016 'FIRE SALE', Everything Must Go! ITEM #19: Journey: Greatest Hits (CD) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $19.50 Buy It Now
JOURNEY-ULTIMATE BEST -GREATEST HITS I & II- -JAPAN Blu-spec CD2 G50 zd USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey - Greatest Hits (2006 Sealed CD w/Bonus) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey - Playlist: Greatest Hits Live (2014 Sealed CD) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOURNEY CD - GREATEST HITS - USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
MINT Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, 1988), Columbia (USA) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ultimate Best: Greatest Hits 1 & 2 Journey Audio CD USD $73.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Joy in the Journey: 10 Years of Greatest Hits by Michael Card (CD, Feb-1994,... USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey - Journey's Greatest Hits (Vinyl) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey's Greatest Hits USD $12.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits [LP] by Journey (Rock) (Vinyl, Columbia USA) NEW AND SEALED USD $21.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Michael Card - Joy in the Journey CD 10 Years of Greatest Hits (1994) CCM USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS STEVE PERRY CD USD $4.95 [0 bids]
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS cd-15 Great Songs - STEVE PERRY USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $3.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits I & II by Journey (Blu-spec CD2, 2013, Dual Disc, Sony Japan) USD $39.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey - Greatest Hits CD NEW USD $19.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits 1 & 2 - Journey (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits - Journey (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits [+Bonus Track] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Aug-2006, Sony Music... USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits - Journey 5099746314927 (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey Greatest Hits Volume 2 180gm vinyl 2 LP + download NEW/SEALED USD $49.54 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY "Greatest Hits" *original 1988 Lp MINT still in SHRINK USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey : Greatest Hits CD. USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits 5099746314927 by Journey, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey - Greatest Hits Vol.1 (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) USD $34.19 Buy It Now 4 days
W21 3 Cds Journey Greatest Hits Chris Jamison Sky Below Ground Pretenders USD $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey - Greatest Hits 1998 Colubia Records USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $1.00 [0 bids]
JOURNEY Greatest Hits CD SEALED/NEW bonus track USD $5.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Playlist: Greatest Hits: Live by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jan-2014, Columbia (USA)) USD $10.62 Buy It Now 4 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS VOL.1 & 2 180 GRAM VINYL + FREE, HIGH QUALITY DOWNLOAD USD $67.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits Journey CD album (CDLP) Dutch 4631492 CBS 2011 USD $22.39 Buy It Now 5 days
JOURNEY Greatest Hits CD USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Journey - Greatest Hits USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5 days
JOURNEY'S vg cond CD 15 tracks GREATEST HITS incl Don't Stop Believin' USD $2.89 [0 bids]
Journey's Greatest Hits - Journey New & Sealed LP Free Shipping USD $44.07 Buy It Now 5 days
JOURNEY Greatest Hits 2 2x VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! USD $29.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey - Greatest Hits Live (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia) USD $8.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Steve Perry - Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased (CD, 1998, Columbia) Journey BMG USD $8.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey Greatest Hits 2/2LPS Mint -Condition Rec.LP Album Vinyl(56)Mirror Finish USD $28.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! USD $195.16 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey Rock 1988 Sony Music USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Playlist: Greatest Hits: Live by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jan-2014, Columbia (USA)) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Journey Greatest Hits * Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 CD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS (BONUS TRACK) (EXPANDED) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $13.87 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Playlist:journey Greatest Hits Live - Journey New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shi USD $9.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey - Playlist Greatest Hits Live (2014) - Used - Compact Disc USD $2.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Journey-Journey`S Greatest Hits VINYL LP NEW USD $35.94 Buy It Now 6 days
LP-JOURNEY-GREATEST HITS VOL.1 -2LP- LP-JOURNEY-GREATEST HITS VOL.1 -2LP- USD $34.28 Buy It Now 6 days
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS 2 NEW CD USD $11.80 Buy It Now 6 days
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS HQ-180 GRAM SEALED PROMO 2011-LP/Vinyl/Record USD $4.30 [3 bids]
JOURNEY greatest hits SEPARATE WAYS when you love a woman OPEN ARMS nu 16song cd USD $11.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $2.49 Buy It Now 6 days
JOURNEY'S: BEST GOLD SERIES IN ITS ORIGINAL CD + GREATEST HITS + ECLIPSE VINYL USD $169.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Journey - 's Greatest Hits (CD 1988) USD $5.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Journey- Greatest Hits- 180gram (2LP) 2011 - New & Sealed USD $38.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Journey "Greatest Hits" 1988 CBS Used CD/ Netherlands Release USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JOURNEY "THE JOURNEY CONTINUES" CD PROMO Neil Schon Perry Greatest Hits **NEW** USD $28.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Aug-2006, Sony Music Dist USA USD $19.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Playlist: Journey Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jan-2014, Columbia (USA)) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
JOURNEY-GREATEST HITS USD $2.88 [0 bids]
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS CD USD $5.77 Buy It Now 7 days
LOREENA MCKENNITT THE JOURNEY SO FAR BEST OF SEALED CD NEW 2013 GREATEST HITS USD $6.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Greatest Hits Vol.II Journey Audio CD USD $15.74 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY Greatest Hits 180g 2LP gatefold New Sealed Vinyl USD $27.98 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY - Greatest Hits Live - CD - 1998 - CK 69139 - UPC 0 7464-69139-2 5 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY: Greatest Hits LP (inner, promo stamp obc, v. sl cw) rare Rock USD $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS 1 & 2 NEW CD USD $24.45 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY Greatest Hits Live (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia (USA)) perry schon USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Greatest Hits/Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 by Journey (Rock) (CD, Nov-2011, 2 Discs,... USD $13.18 Buy It Now 7 days
Journey - Greatest Hits 1 & 2 [CD New] USD $15.68 Buy It Now 7 days
Journey Greatest Hits Import Canada CD Lot Set of 2 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS HQ180 GRAM DOUBLE VINYL GATEFOLD LP SEALED LYRICS USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY *VG+* 2002 US COLUMBIA CD "GREATEST HITS LIVE" USD $8.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Journey - Journey Greatest Hits Japan ver. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JOURNEY'S Greatest Hits: BEST OF THE BEST GOLD SERIES IN ITS ORIGINAL SEALED CD USD $84.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Aug-2006, Sony Music... USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey 8-Bit Greatest Hits Tribute RED VINYL CHIPTUNES NINTENDO foreigner moon8 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey - Greatest Hits CD. cdb2646 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey's Greatest Hits USD $2.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey - Journey: Greatest Hits, Audio CD New USD $9.38 Buy It Now 8 days
Journey: Greatest Hits (Audio CD) USD $10.59 Buy It Now 8 days
Greatest Hits Journey CD; Brand New/Sealed; 2 small cracks; Free Ship USD $9.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Journey CD.. Greatest Hits ..THE BEST OF USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Journey - Journey's Greatest Hits (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $3.60 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(22%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(37%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"