GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Randy Jackson / bass, guitar
- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

Soundtrack
Geffen Records 1990
GENESIS Journey To The Moon VG 45 RPM US $0.99 [1 bids]
33m 29s
Appalachian Journey, Yo-Yo Ma, New Original recording remastered US $11.50 Buy It Now 37m 59s
Laura Risk / Athena Tergis - Journey Begun (CD, Oct-1995, Culburnie Records) US $4.99 Buy It Now 38m 50s
Various Artists Romantic Journey (London Brass) CD US $4.01 Buy It Now 45m 49s
STEVE PERRY STREET TALK LP ALBUM OH SHERRIE JOURNEY US $5.99 Buy It Now 47m 16s
WISHART - JOURNEY INTO SPACE NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 47m 35s
DOC SEVERINSEN "Night Journey" LP 1976 Epic ? PE-34078 US $13.95 Buy It Now 53m 14s
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA) GR8 SHAPE!! US $2.25 [2 bids]
54m 45s
CHARLES LLOYD-JOURNEY WITHIN-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 58m 39s
The Journey Continues by Cecilio & Kapono (CD, Jul-1999) SEALED BRAND NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SPOTLITERS twilight time/sentimental journey 7" VG Private MOD Instro 45 on BIG US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
JOURNEY // GREATEST HITS, VOL 2 // NEW DOUBLE RECORD LP VINYL US $26.88 Buy It Now 1h 8m
full frequency sterophonic sound london records a journey into stero sound 33.3r US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY Escape LP Columbia TC 37408 (1981) VG+ original album w/ lyrics US $13.79 Buy It Now 1h 12m
"JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH" RICK WAKEMAN LP VG+ US $3.76 Buy It Now 1h 13m
TERENCE/JMK!/VARIOUS - On A Ibiza Journey - mixed CD US $24.07 Buy It Now 1h 15m
YOUNG, NEIL Journey Through The Past REPRISE 1972 orig 2LP US $37.98 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Infinity by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jun-1994, Master Sound/Legacy) US $3.99 [0 bids]
DEL AMITRI When You Were Young 7" Ps, B/W Long Journey Home, Am0132 US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 33m
ARMAGEDDON CD Soundtrack Aerosmith, Journey Bon Jovi ZZ Top US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Stevie Wonder's Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants V II SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY - CAPTURED - NEAR MINT DOUBLE COLUMBIA RECORD 1981 US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
(372J) Journey South, Reconcile Our Love - DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Journey Next lp,1977 FIRST PRESSING,ROLIE & VALORY,ORG. INNER,NO HOLE MARKS, NM! US $22.95 Buy It Now 2h
Stanley Clarke Journey To Love NE433 R VG+ C EX (LP-8729) US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 3m
(EA926) Journey South, What I Love About Home - 2009 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Naked Rhythm Frequency A great Musical Journey US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 8m
INCOGNITO FEATURING JOCELYN BROWN Always There 7" Ps, Edit B/W Journey Into Sun US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h 9m
AREPA 3000: A VENEZUELAN JOURNEY INTO SPACE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Soulside Journey by Darkthrone (CD, Jun-2001, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [1 bids]
Jabulani-JOURNEY/Africa-INSPIRATIONAL/Soul-R&B-Dance-Cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [Original Score] by Howard Shore (Composer)... US $10.03 Buy It Now 2h 16m
NEIL CARSWELL - GOOD MAN'S JOURNEY - NEW CD US $12.26 Buy It Now 2h 17m
The Journey: A Film by Harish Saluja (CD, 2001) Selections from the soundtrack US $5.00 [0 bids]
JOURNEY -STEVE PERRY Oh Sherrie 7" Ps US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY Be Good To Yourself 7" Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY I'Ll Be Allright Without You 7" Usa Issue Vinyl Single, Ps US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY I'Ll Be Alright Without You 7" Ps, Hot Mix B/W The Eyes Of A Woman, 650 US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY Only The Young 7" Ps, Dutch Issue, B/W I'Ll Fall In Love Again By Sammy US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY Open Arms 7" Ps, Dutch Issue, B/W Little Girl, Cbsa 2057 (Vg/Ex) US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JOURNEY Who'S Crying Now 7" Ps, 1988 Issue, B/W Open Arms, 654541 7 US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 18m
CRUSE: Long Journey Home Greentree RO2323 STILL SEALED Xian Vinyl LP Record US $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Barbie Brueur Sipple: Journey to Jesus - Bond B101 Gospel LP Record VG Shrink US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
The Greatest Journey: Essential Collection * by Celtic Woman (CD, 2008,... US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Journey 70s ROCK POP DJ 45 Just the Same Way Mono / Stereo Versions US $11.98 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Black Coffee - The Journey 3 CD Boxset - South African CD *New* MESH019 US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Africa to America The Journey of the Drum Sounds of Blackness CD! GOSPEL MUSIC US $3.99 [0 bids]
Doris Day- Doris Day's Sentimental Journey LP US $10.56 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Various Composers : Terrifying Journey through Music [IMPORT] CD (2005) US $5.68 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Sonneborn Orchestra^Lauterbach^Mosche : Journey Down the Rhine CD (1991) US $3.96 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Journey In The Studio for Infinity Music & Interview Radio Show CD Steve Perry US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
AMBOY DUKES Journey to the Center of Your Mind 60s Ted Nugent 180 Gram sealed LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
THE JOURNEY OF SOUNDS US $150.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Journey - Frontiers 1983 USA Orig. SW Lyrics M-/E US $5.99 [0 bids]
SIERRA - The Journey - Christian Music CCM Worship Pop CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
SANDY CATALANO - Strength For The Journey - Christian Music CCM Pop Praise CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
(CG993) Journey South, What I Love About Home - 2009 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Timeless Journey by Patti LaBelle (CD, Mar-2003, Def Soul (USA)) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Live in Houston 1981: Escape Tour by Journey (Rock) (CD, May-2006, Legacy) US $5.02 Buy It Now 3h 16m
The Essential Journey by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-2001, 2 Discs, Sony Music... US $11.95 Buy It Now 3h 16m
A New Journey by Celtic Woman (CD, Jan-2007, Angel Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Journey by The O'Neill Brothers CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
JOURNEY raised on radio LP PROMO MINT w PRESS KIT & PHOTO RARE 86' ORIG styx US $12.00 [0 bids]
Journey DON'T STOP BELIEVIN Best Of 34 Song New Sealed 2 CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Various : Ride & Pride: A Journey Through Dance CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Lot of 5 Christmas CDs: 2002 Sampler/Winter's Journey/Classics/White Christmas US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 27m
DANIEL HOPE**A BAROQUE JOURNEY**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Revelation [Digipak] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jun-2008, 2 Discs, Nomota) US $26.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Various Artists Sea Power - A Global Journey CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 3h 35m
LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO Journey of Dreams LP NM- US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Llewellyn : Journey to the Temple CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Ian & Sylvia LP Northern Journey US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Joanne Shenandoah : Peacemakers Journey CD (2000) US $4.34 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Armageddon the Album Soundtrack Great 80s AEROSMITH JOURNEY PATTY SMYTH Rare US $8.87 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Jack Jezzro A Days Journey CD 1991 Agenda Jazz Acoustic Guitar cut out hole US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Journey - Escape 1981 USA Orig. Lyrics E/E US $5.99 [1 bids]
Various Artists : Journey to the Center of the Earth CD (1999) US $4.49 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Lenair, Brian Journey CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 4h 15m
VINYL LP Journey - Frontiers Columbia AL 38504 cbs 1983- Good Condition US $7.95 [0 bids]
JOURNEY "RAISED ON RADIO" LP VINYL OC 39936 US $0.99 [1 bids]
Ann Mortifee : Healing Journey CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Katherine Journey Perhaps Love CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
MEDITATION A JOURNEY TO A GREATER HEALTH SCRIPTED BY SUSAN A TWEED CD US $0.01 [0 bids]
+ HOME SONGS OF HOPE & JOURNEY Various CD near mint! US $4.11 Buy It Now 4h 21m
ATHLETIC AUTOMATON A Journey Through Roman's Empire CD NEW Experimental Rock2007 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Lot Of 2 Journey Lp's Frontiers & Escape US $10.00 [0 bids]
Timeless Journey by Patti LaBelle (CD, Mar-2003, Def Soul (USA)) US $0.49 [0 bids]
Cyril Forman (alias Atissou Loko), tambo Adjabel: Caribbean Journey CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
JOURNEY: Captured LP COLUMBIA RECORDS KCZ37016 US 1981 2XLP Gatefold PROMO NM+ US $26.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Rick Wakeman- Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP US $11.41 Buy It Now 4h 26m
JOURNEY: Escape LP COLUMBIA RECORDS TC37408 US 1981 Inner Sleeve NM US $27.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
JOURNEY: Next LP COLUMBIA RECORDS PC34311 US 1977 Stereo PROMO NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Journey Raised On Radio Holland Cassette Tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Sentimental Journey with LES BROWN / Best of the Big Bands ** Sealed CD (1999) US $6.73 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Imer Santiago Hidden Journey CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Dark Throne - Soulside Journey Album Art Patch MAYHEM BURZUM BATHORY NOCTURNUS US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Trial by Fire by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-2006, Columbia (USA)) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
JOURNEY Infinity LP 1978 Columbia JC 34912 aor hard rock US $3.99 [2 bids]
THE AMBOY DUKES JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND NM/VINYL 45RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Various : Sailboat Journey 1 CD (1999) US $3.96 Buy It Now 4h 54m

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"