GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

InfinityInfinity
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2006
EclipseEclipse
Nomota
Kitaro Sacred Journey of Ku-Kai Box Set Vol.1 (IMPORT) US $85.00 Buy It Now 30m 31s
SPANDAU BALLET "Journey Of Glory" RARE ISRAELI 1981 LP* HEBREW PRINTS US $10.00 Buy It Now 30m 58s
Peaceful Journey by Heavy D & the Boyz (CD, Jul-1991, Uptown/MCA) US $8.99 Buy It Now 32m 25s
MARY J. BLIGE**MY LIFE VOL. 2: THE JOURNEY CONTINUES (ACT I)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 34m 27s
K-OS**THE TRILL: A JOURNEY SO FAR**CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 35m 28s
JOURNEY -Escape- '96, Japan obi ~[SRCS-9082] US $6.60 [4 bids]
41m 43s
(3) ROCK ALBUMS GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, JOURNEY & GARY WRIGHT US $3.00 Buy It Now 42m 25s
1992/ JOURNEY TIME 3/ Columbia C3K 48937 (3 CD Compilation Boxed Set w/ Booklet) US $12.99 [0 bids]
48m 15s
Journey to Bethany Vol. 1, 2 LP - Lor Productions 1964 - Gospel - FAST SHIPPING US $9.95 Buy It Now 49m 5s
A JOURNEY INTO STEREO SOUND Various Artists LP EX- US LONDON FFSS 1958 US $9.98 Buy It Now 50m 41s
Journey to Bethany Vol. 2, 2 LP - Lor Productions 1964 - Gospel - FAST SHIPPING US $9.95 Buy It Now 51m 10s
CD - Arhoolie Records - The Journey of Chris Strachwitz - 5 CD set US $74.99 Buy It Now 53m 39s
THE FRIENDLY BROTHERS "You Can't Win" b/w "Need Jesus On My Journey" Vee Jay 45 US $39.95 Buy It Now 54m 21s
Journey to Bethany Vol. 3, 2 LP - Lor Productions 1964 - Gospel - FAST SHIPPING US $9.95 Buy It Now 54m 36s
AMERICAN AMBOY DUKES**JOURNEY TO CENTER OF MIND**CD US $16.79 Buy It Now 54m 57s
Avalon: Celtic Journey - New Various Artists CD! + Short Quicktime Video! US $3.99 Buy It Now 55m 17s
Stanley Clarke-Journey To Love US $2.00 [0 bids]
55m 21s
Journey to Bethany Vol. 4, 2 LP - Lor Productions 1964 - Gospel - FAST SHIPPING US $9.95 Buy It Now 56m 25s
Journey to Bethany Vol. 6- Lor Productions 1964 - Gospel - FAST SHIPPING US $9.95 Buy It Now 58m 2s
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey [ LP, Peaceville Records, NEW ] Marduk Watain US $31.99 Buy It Now 58m 52s
(EN201) Orchestra Of Spheres, Journey - 2013 DJ CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 3m
JOURNEY ONLY YOUNG SAMMY HAGAR FALL LOVE NM 7IN 45RPM SLSH 94 ACL US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Journey-Look Into The Future*Japan CD*1st/Early press CSCS-6005 US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
ladysmith black mambazo l.p. journey of dreams............ US $12.00 [0 bids]
EBERHARD WEBER**STAGES OF A LONG JOURNEY**CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Peace Journey * by Kimba Arem (CD, Jun-2003, Heartherapy) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
VARIOUS ARTISTS**HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY (SPECIAL EDITION)**2 CD SET US $20.87 Buy It Now 1h 18m
(EN340) Orchestra Of Spheres, Journey - 2013 DJ CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 18m
A Head Nädda's Journey to Adidi Skizm by Shä-Key (CD, Nov-1994, Imago) US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Journey Captured 1981 2LPSEXC.CON!! Rec.LP Album Vinyl(ss) W/POSTER!! US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Sentimental Journey with LES BROWN CD - The Best of the Big Bands US $3.00 [0 bids]
Sentimental Journey (LIKE NEW) by Les Brown and his Orchestra with Doris Day CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Journey 5019282321425, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $23.57 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Generations by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-2005, Sanctuary (USA) PRE-OWNED US $13.97 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Journey 0828766135824, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $15.62 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Mountain Journey: Stars of Old Time Music 0011661054622, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $25.73 Buy It Now 1h 39m
JOURNEY - THE ESSENTIAL 2CD SET (2010) US $12.81 Buy It Now 1h 39m
NEAL SCHON Late Tonight 1989 EUROPEAN CD issue journey US $17.60 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Aug-2006, Sony Music Distribu US $3.25 [4 bids]
Spacey Psych Funk (45) GENESIS "Journey to the Moon (Pt 1)" (Buddah) HEAR IT US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Gillian Welch Soul Journey 2003 CD Look at Miss Ohio Wrecking Ball Lovers Prayer US $8.97 Buy It Now 1h 53m
LIL LOUIS & WORLD - JOURNEY WITH THE LONELY NEW CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 1h 56m
ASIAN JOURNEY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $20.61 Buy It Now 1h 56m
SIBELIUS / CAPELLA ISTROPOLITANA / LEAPER - MUSICAL JOURNEY: FINLAND NEW DVD US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 58m
ANTONIO JASEVOLI - QUIET JOURNEY NEW CD US $29.24 Buy It Now 1h 58m
SALSOUL ORCHESTRA - MAGIC JOURNEY - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $28.86 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MICHAEL BANNETT - JOURNEY THROUGH THE BRITISH ISLES NEW CD US $25.27 Buy It Now 2h
CD Triton Trombone Quartet Triton's Journey US $7.64 Buy It Now 2h
LES BROWN - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY WITH LES BROWN NEW CD US $16.65 Buy It Now 2h
LP Journey To Love Stanley Clarke (33 RPM M) 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
JOURNEY: EVOLUTION US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
NICHOLAS GUNN - JOURNEY TO YELLOWSTONE NEW CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 2h 12m
JOURNEY "Escape" W/Bonus Tracks 82876 85897 2 NEW/Sealed (CD, 2006) US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Journey LP Dream After Dream JAPAN OBI US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
CHUBBY JACKSON & BILL HARRIS JAZZ JOURNEY 1950 MG 25076 MERCURY MICROGROOVE 10" US $49.99 [0 bids]
500 Nations: A Musical Journey (1996 Television Documentary), , , New Soundtrack US $36.05 Buy It Now 2h 20m
S-Tone Inc., Devivo, Now & Then,, Journey into Ambient Groove Audio CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
1982 OMARTIAN ODYSSEY The Musical Journey Of Michael And Stormie myrrh MSB-6731 US $19.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth Lp RECORD GATEFOLD CENTER 1974 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Biddu orchestra-Journey to the moon-1977 12" single US $9.60 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Journey Blue Oyster Cult Santana Joe Perry Near Mint Vinyl LP Record Guitar Wars US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE SINGERS UNLIMITED sentimental journey LP Mint- PR 7090 DBX Audiophile 1981 US $48.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
STARLAND VOCAL BAND MR WRONG TOO LONG A JOURNEY NM 45RPM INTL SHIP SLSL 263 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Journey of Dreams by Ladysmith Black Mambazo (CD, Aug-1988, Warner Bros.) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Earl Klugh, The Journey, 1997 Warner Bros. CD, SEALED US $5.00 [0 bids]
Speaker Death PROMO LP 1981 RARE HTF OOP JUDAS PRIST OZZY BOC TED NUGENT JOURNEY US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
MARCEL COENEN - COLOUR JOURNEY - NEW promo CD 2006 SEALED RARE HTF OOP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
JOURNEY Evolution LP 1979 VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
JOURNEY Frontiers LP 1983 EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Verity Lp Interrupted Journey Nr Mint Disc US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
JOURNEY Frontiers orig '83 LP STILL SEALED no cutout~"Separate Ways" US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 44m
POLICE DARKNESS SECRET JOURNEY NM 7IN 45RPM INTL SHIP? ved 66 acl US $89.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
JOURNEY Infinity LP VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
STEVIE WONDER Journey Through Secret Life of Plants LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
SIGNED EMBRYONIC JOURNEY CD JORMA KAUKONEN & TOM CONSTANTEN AUTOGRAPHED AIRPLANE US $59.95 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Journey by Journey (Rock) (CD, Columbia (USA)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
PETE PETERSEN - JAZZ JOURNEY (PAUSA PR 7163) US 1984 LP FEAT ASHLEY ALEXANDER US $6.40 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Raised on Radio by Journey (Casssette 1986 CBS) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Journey - Departure 1980 USA Orig. E/E US $4.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY Look Into The Future LP NM US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Trail By Fire - Journey (Cassette 1996) in NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Stevie Wonder Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants 2LP Vinyl Record VG+ US $7.00 [0 bids]
3h
Third World, Journey To Addis, 1978 Island Records Reggae Vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
3h
Vision Quest Original Soundtrack - Geffen Journey Madonna Dio Red Rider Vinyl Lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h
The Journey Continues * by Sundad (CD, Jun-2008, Sundad Records) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
JOURNEY - CAPTURED - Vinyl Record/Album US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE CRUSADERS Don't Let It Get U Down / Journey From Within used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Journey: Departure ~ 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Reel to Reel Tape Steve Perry US $49.99 [0 bids]
Journey: Escape ~ 4-Track 3 3/4 IPS Reel to Reel Tape Steve Perry US $49.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the Centre of the Earth LP VG+ WITH POSTER INSERT!! US $11.21 Buy It Now 3h 13m
The Piper's Journey, Rob Crabtree, New Soundtrack, Import US $24.15 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Jerry Moore - Life Is A Constant Journey Home - New Sealed CD 1967 US $9.50 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Hewett, Howard Journey Live from the heart CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Unknown Artist Peaceful Journey: A Celebration of Nort CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 3h 18m
JOURNEY THROUGH THE CLASSICS - HOOKED ON CLASSICS 3 (RCA AFL1-4588) US $1.25 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist An instrumental journey for Chased by th CD US $6.20 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Brian Lynch : A Musical Journey Through Ireland - 38 Great Irish Tracks CD US $9.66 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Journey to Next by Dizzy Gillespie/Quincy Jones/Benny Carter (Sax) (CD, May-1996 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Journey To The Centre Of The Earth - Wakeman,Rick US $12.98 Buy It Now 3h 25m

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"