GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Randy Jackson / bass, guitar
- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

Sony Legacy 2011
DepartureDeparture
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]Trial by Fire [EXTRA TRACKS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA magic journey Lp RECORD DISCO US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 4s
TAYLOR SWIFT - JOURNEY TO FEARLESS (WS) NEW DVD US $22.98 Buy It Now 36m 31s
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS 1 & 2 NEW CD US $25.30 Buy It Now 36m 31s
YO MA -YO - APPALACHIAN JOURNEY NEW CD US $17.16 Buy It Now 36m 37s
Another Day's Journey, New Music US $14.02 Buy It Now 36m 58s
MOZART / CAPELLA ISTROPOLITANA / SOBOTKA - MUSICAL JOURNEY: AUSTRIA NEW DVD US $15.61 Buy It Now 37m 10s
UGLY DUCKLING-JOURNEY TO ANYWHERE-15 TRACK CD-2001-INCLUDES A BONUS TRACK US $11.32 Buy It Now 41m 38s
Journey to Love by Teddy Randazzo (33 RPM, 12" LP Vinyl, ABC-352, ABC Paramount) US $2.99 Buy It Now 43m 42s
U2 The Unforgettable Journey DVD Free Post US $13.17 Buy It Now 44m
JOURNEY - LOOK INTO THE FUTURE NEW CD US $11.37 Buy It Now 47m
SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $13.29 Buy It Now 47m 12s
Last Journey of a Jazzman, Lester Santiago, Paul Barbarin Vol 2 LP Nobility 702 US $15.00 [0 bids]
56m 28s
Last Journey of a Jazzman, Lester Santiago, Paul Barbarin Vol 1, Nobility LP 708 US $15.00 [0 bids]
58m 37s
STANLEY CLARKE - JOURNEY TO LOVE NEW CD US $10.60 Buy It Now 58m 42s
YULYA - JOURNEY INTO RUSSIA WITH YULYA NEW CD US $24.52 Buy It Now 58m 48s
JOURNEY - RAISED ON RADIO NEW CD US $11.37 Buy It Now 1h 7m
JOURNEY - FRONTIERS NEW CD US $11.37 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Dream Death - Journey Into Mystery CD New Renaissance Records 2000 HAND-NUMBERED US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Third World ?- Journey To Addis LP US $9.43 Buy It Now 1h 17m
ACOUSTICON - JOURNEY TO DAMASCUS NEW CD US $25.30 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Megadeth - Music From Bill & Teds Bogus Journey - Promo Only CD Single (PRCD 39 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Highland Journey Music In The Glen Vol. 2-Highland Journey Music In The Glen CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Mary J. Blige - My Life Ii The Journey Continues (Act 1) CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Lot 10 CD HARD ROCK: Journey Cindy Bullens Colin James LA Guns King's X... US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Ron Geesin - Roncycle1-The Journey Of A Melody CD US $26.57 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Appalachian Journey, Yo-Yo Ma, New Original recording remastered US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
NEAL SCHON (Journey) - Electric World (CD, Jul-1997, 2 Discs, Virgin) LIKE NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
AMERICAN JOURNEY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $26.07 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Akron/Family S/T II: The Cosmic Birth And Journey Of Shinju TNT 2LP New Vinyl US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
TIESTO - Magikal Journey (The Hits Collection 1998-2008) - EU 2CD - *NEW* US $14.11 [0 bids]
JOURNEY TO THE END OF THE NIGHT / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $21.43 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Medicine Man - The Journey - Cassette (Pendragon, Marillion, Aragon, Ladmarq US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Journey - Infinity - Cassette Polish Press US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (CD) Original Master Recording US $35.77 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Primus - Music From Bill & Teds Bogus Journey - Promo Only CD Single (PRCD 3914 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Hampton,Lionel - Sentimental Journey [CD New] US $14.02 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Heavy D. & The Boyz - Peaceful Journey [CD New] US $12.94 Buy It Now 2h 4m
JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS 1978-1997 / NEW DVD US $17.57 Buy It Now 2h 7m
DONNA SUMMER Hot Stuff / Journey To The Centre Of Your Heart 1970's OZ 45 US $9.39 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Amos Saint Jean presents...In The Secret Place Vol. 1 Journey of the Soul CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Journey, New Music US $10.35 Buy It Now 2h 16m
JOURNEY - INFINITY NEW CD US $11.37 Buy It Now 2h 17m
EK SAFAR - ONE JOURNEY (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.58 Buy It Now 2h 17m
REAL LIFE JOURNEY OF THE CARCHARADON 12" VINYL [N TONE Paul Castle] US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h 19m
JOURNEY INFINITY LP 769 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
South - Adventures in the Underground Journey to the Stars - Promo Only CD (YAM US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
JOURNEY Japan LP, Journey US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
KARLA PUNDIT - JOURNEY TO ANCIENT CITY (KORLA) (PANDIT) (SALUTE) NEW CD US $15.61 Buy It Now 2h 27m
JOURNEY - REO- PERFECT S/T - TOP GUN S/T- LOT OF 4 COLLECTOR'S RECORDS US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
BEEGIE ADAIR - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY: SALUTING GREATEST GENERATION NEW CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 2h 37m
SPACE VISION - JOURNEY INTO SPACE (UK) NEW CD US $29.55 Buy It Now 2h 37m
TCHAIKOVSKY / POLISH NATIONAL RADIO SYM ORCH - MUSICAL JOURNEY: RUSSIA NEW DVD US $15.61 Buy It Now 2h 37m
EMMY ROSSUM - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY NEW CD US $19.48 Buy It Now 2h 37m
CELTIC WOMAN - GREATEST JOURNEY : COLLECTION CD *NEW* US $23.36 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Lot of 6CD'S-You've Got Mail/The Preacher's Wife/Bill&Ted's Bogus Journey/OZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
ADAMSKI ~ The Space Journey ~ 12" Single PS US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Life Journey by Leon Russell : Format: Audio CD US $12.54 Buy It Now 3h 2m
THE HOBBIT CD SOUNDTRACK - AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY [2CD SPECIAL EDITION] - NEW US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
CARLOS GARNETT - JOURNEY TO ENLIGHTENMENT 1974 Japan CD w/OBI Mega Rare SRCS9558 US $188.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
DORIS DAY - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY NEW CD US $35.73 Buy It Now 3h 6m
JOURNEY Cassettes x2 Escape (1981) - Frontiers (1983) - Steve Perry US $9.44 [0 bids]
Andre Rieu - A Musical Dream Journey (NEW CD) US $26.82 Buy It Now 3h 18m
VARIOUS ARTISTS-40 TIMELESS CLASSICS-SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY-DOUBLE UK CASSETTE TAPE US $22.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Louis Clark : Hooked on Classics 3 (Journey through the Classics) CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
PRAYING MANTIS - THE JOURNEY GOES ON CD Frontiers Records 2003. Brand new,sealed US $23.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
THE ESSENTIAL . . GREATEST HITS. . JOURNEY. . DOUBLE Cd . . MINT CONDITION US $11.33 Buy It Now 3h 24m
PARLOTONES - JOURNEY THROUGH THE SHADOWS NEW CD US $17.16 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Maniac Love presents journey into the sound Japan CD NEW US $18.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Journey-Documentary Of The Beatles CD US $33.12 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Sentimental Journey (US Import) CD US $4.23 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Journey; Evolution on LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
BEETHOVEN, LUDWIG V. - THE BEETHOVEN JOURNEY: PIANO CONCERTOS NOS. 2 US $11.54 Buy It Now 3h 35m
CELTIC WOMAN CD - A NEW JOURNEY (2007) - NEW UNOPENED US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
JAY STOCKER CD - HIDDEN IN MY HEART VOL.III: LULLABY JOURNEY THROUGH JESUS - NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
MEDICINE MAN - THE JOURNEY Brand NEW Prog Rock MC Pendragon Psyche Arena Eloy US $8.90 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Musical Journey: Sicily, New DVDs US $9.07 Buy It Now 3h 48m
NEW JOURNEY STEVE MILLER AMERICA TOUR DATES 2014 WHITE SHIRT S,M,L,XL SIZE BONA US $17.48 [0 bids]
Rare Metal CD SOUND OF SILENCE Spiritual Journey ORG Sleazy Rider 2003 US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
LUMINUS - JOURNEY INTO YOUR DREAM New Goa Trance Rare US $19.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
PRAYING MANTIS - THE JOURNEY GOES ON CD Frontiers Records 2003. US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Journey - Look Into The Future/Next [CD New] US $16.18 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Soundtrack - Bill And Teds Bogus Journey (1991) - New - Compact Disc US $13.82 Buy It Now 4h 14m
VINTAGE USED 8 TRACK TAPE JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH RICK WAKEMAN US $1.11 [0 bids]
Reflections Series - Pacific Journey (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 4h 15m
HOWARD SHORE - HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY (SCORE) - SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 4h 17m
TRIP TRACKS: MUSIC FOR THE JOURNEY / VARIOUS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.98 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Randy Travis - Inspiratonal Journey (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
GLOBAL JOURNEY - BATHTIME SERENITY NEW CD US $18.71 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Jerry Moore - Life Is A Constant Journey Hom (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.40 Buy It Now 4h 30m
TANGERINE DREAM The Electronic Journey 10-CD box set SEALED / NEW US $20.43 Buy It Now 4h 32m
BOBBY BELL - LONG JOURNEY (EP) NEW VINYL US $18.71 Buy It Now 4h 47m
South - Adventures In The Underground Journey To The Stars JAPAN CD+4Bonus #09 US $2.79 Buy It Now 4h 55m
NESHAMA CARLEBACH - JOURNEY NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 4h 57m
CHUCK MANGIONE " JOURNEY TO A RAINBOW" 45 VINYL COLUMBIA US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
JOURNEY "FRONTIERS" MUSIC CASSETTE ROCK EX! US $2.69 Buy It Now 5h 5m
MISHKA - JOURNEY NEW CD US $18.71 Buy It Now 5h 7m
JOURNEY 'SPACEMAN" 45 VINYL COLUMBIA US $7.25 Buy It Now 5h 14m
JOURNEY " JUST THE SAME WAY" 45 VINYL COLUMBIA US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
JOURNEY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE/ ON A SATURDAY NITE/ IT'S ALL TOO MUCH 45 VINYL US $2.20 Buy It Now 5h 20m
NEKTAR ~ JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE ~RARE BELLAPHON PSYCH LP 1971 ~ FIRST PRESS A1/B1 US $255.63 Buy It Now 5h 20m

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"