GREATEST HITS

Journey Greatest Hits album cover

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

Search JOURNEY Greatest Hits lyrics

- Larrie Londin / drums

Columbia Records release 44493

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

JOURNEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOURNEY Greatest Hits Music

Journey: Greatest HitsJourney: Greatest Hits
Sony Legacy 2006
Greatest Hits 1 & 2Greatest Hits 1 & 2
Sony Legacy 2011
The Essential JourneyThe Essential Journey
Limited Edition · Remastered
Sony 2001
Raised on Radio [Extra tracks][Original recording remastered]Raised on Radio [Extra tracks][Original recording remastered]
SONY MUSIC SPECIAL PRODUCTS 2006
DepartureDeparture
Remastered
SonyBMG Special Markets 1996
Greatest Hits Volume 2Greatest Hits Volume 2
Sony Legacy 2011
JourneyJourney
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 1990
Ameri-Sing JOURNEY ANTHOLOGY Karaoke CDG AMS-4005 18 Huge HitsAmeri-Sing JOURNEY ANTHOLOGY Karaoke CDG AMS-4005 18 Huge Hits
BIDDU ORCHESTRA journey to the moon uk epic 7" WS EX/ US $11.41 Buy It Now 30m 8s
Timeless Journey by Patti LaBelle (CD, Mar-2003, Def Soul (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
32m 16s
MEAV-Celtic Journey-CD-2005 EMI Issue-Celtic Women Presents Series US $15.92 Buy It Now 32m 48s
Journey - Greatest Hits 2 - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! 072514 US $23.83 Buy It Now 34m 47s
Chico Hamilton - A Different Journey - Japan Edition (NEW CD) US $11.01 Buy It Now 37m
Journey - Captured - Double LP - Gatefold Cover US $7.99 [0 bids]
40m 8s
Journey Evolution Vinyl LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
42m 55s
JOURNEY who's crying now/escape A 1467 promo uk cbs 1981 7" PS EX/EX US $11.41 Buy It Now 43m 3s
KARISE EDEN - MY JOURNEY - NEW CD US $28.66 Buy It Now 43m 15s
Philip Chapman - Journey To The East [CD New] US $15.53 Buy It Now 45m 15s
Frontiers - Journey (Cassette, 1983, CBS Inc.) VERY RARE (OOP) BUY This 1 US $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 54s
Humpers - Journey To The Centre Of Your [CD New] US $11.95 Buy It Now 51m 41s
Journey - Escape/Frontiers/Infinity [CD New] US $24.45 Buy It Now 51m 54s
AMERICAN DREAMS santana/journey/boston/toto/air supply/asia DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX US $14.68 Buy It Now 52m 20s
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 LP PS EX/EX gatefold US $14.68 Buy It Now 52m 20s
CD " CLASSICAL JOURNEY vol 6 . SPAIN " Rodrigo Albeniz Falla Chabrier Bizet vgc US $4.83 Buy It Now 52m 32s
NEAL SCHON (JOURNEY) AND JAN HAMMER untold passion 85355 dutch cbs LP PS EX/VG+ US $17.24 Buy It Now 53m 9s
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS VG+/EX US $14.68 Buy It Now 53m 59s
JOURNEY any way you want it XPR 1881 promo uk columbia 1992 12" WS EX/ US $16.75 Buy It Now 53m 59s
AMERICAN DREAMS santana/boston/journey/toto/survivor/asia/etc DOUBLE LP PS NM/EX US $14.68 Buy It Now 55m 20s
SPECIMEN returning (from a journey) LONX 24 uk london 1983 12" PS EX/EX US $18.44 Buy It Now 55m 20s
JOURNEY be good to yourself TA 7095 near mint disc uk cbs 1986 12" PS EX/EX US $14.70 Buy It Now 55m 20s
RICK WAKEMAN journey to the centre of the earth AMLH 63621 A1B1 1st LP PS EX+/EX US $14.68 Buy It Now 57m 2s
BADLY DRAWN BOY - 2 x Mini Promo Poster/Shop Flats - A Journey/Nothing's Gonna US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h 2m
ANTONIO JASEVOLI - QUIET JOURNEY - NEW CD US $21.13 Buy It Now 1h 7m
JOURNEY SELF TITLED JAPAN AUTHENTIC MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT MHCP-1164 US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Journey to the Urge Within by Courtney Pine (CD, Jun-2010, Cherry Red) US $10.63 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Steve Miller Band Recall the Beginning A Journey From Eden Japan LP OBI US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY - FRONTIERS - ORIGINAL 1983 UK VINYL ALBUM ON CBS RECORDS ( 25261 ) EX US $1.62 [0 bids]
PENTHOUSE RECORDS: THE JOURNEY CONTINUES (054645196826) - NEW DVD BOXSET US $19.41 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DORIS DAY - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY [DOCUMENTS] (885150334737) - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.01 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Cathedrals Anthology Cassette: A 35 Year Musical Journey:Religious,Mini Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
RINGO STARR SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY BEATLES EXYUGOSLAV LP US $28.69 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Vol. 1-journey of Sound & Rhythm - Norris,Jason K. New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fr US $25.03 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Mad Styles & Crazy Visions 2: A Journey Into Electronic Soulful Afro & Latino... US $22.84 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Cassette Tape Bulk Lot~~~JOURNEY~~{5}~~EVOLUTION-RAISED ON RADIO-ESCAPE-INFINITY US $5.99 [0 bids]
Trial by Fire by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-2006, Columbia (USA)) US $3.06 [0 bids]
Compound Eye *Journey From Anywhere - Editions Mego LPx2* Throbbing Gristle Coil US $25.99 [0 bids]
A Holiday Journey Volume 2 CD and Green Hill Signature Series (TWO CDs) US $1.29 [0 bids]
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
1992 sony music Journey Time 3 cd box set NICE! US $14.99 [0 bids]
PAUL WILLIAMS (MANDO - WHAT A JOURNEY - NEW CD US $11.34 Buy It Now 2h 6m
JOURNEY SIGNED NEW JUMBO KEYRING.FREE P&P. US $4.54 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Sentimental Journey~Les Brown~HL-7211 ~ Vinyl ~LP US $6.29 Buy It Now 2h 6m
HEAVY D & THE BOYZ PEACEFUL JOURNEY 12" ORIG '91 MCA PROMO R&B HIP HOP MINT- US $2.99 [0 bids]
Journey Captured CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Journey - Gareth New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.03 Buy It Now 2h 27m
THE AMBOY DUKES-(45)- JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND/MISSISSIPPI MURDERER-'68 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
RAY - Ethereal journey - CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
A Compelling Musical Journey Chronicling the Footsteps US $2.20 Buy It Now 2h 38m
AKASHA Brown Sugar 10" PFM's Cosmic Journey Mix wall of sound US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Bad English Backlash Cassette (Epic 1991) Journey Babys US $2.99 [0 bids]
Street Talk by Steve Perry (Journey) (Cassette, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Hardline Double Eclipse (Cassette, MCA, 1992) Journey Neal Schon US $3.99 [0 bids]
Journey Next (Cassette, Columbia, 1977) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Journey Captured (Cassette, Columbia, 1980) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Frontiers by Journey (Rock) (Cassette, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Journey Look into the Future (Cassette, Columbia, 1976) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Paul Hillebrand Journey To You Cd US $1.99 [0 bids]
4HERO Journey From The Light EP Reinforced 4 hero 1993 uk jungle hardcore rave US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
You Better Wait [Maxi Single] by Steve Perry (Journey) (CD, Sep-1994) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Gregg Rolie Self-Titled (Cassette, Columbia, 1985) S/T Journey US $7.99 [0 bids]
Departure by Journey (Rock) (Cassette, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Journey Infinity (Cassette, Columbia, 1978) US $3.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY- ESCAPE buy 2 or more and save on shipping & look at my stuff mix match US $3.10 [0 bids]
For the Love of Strange Medicine by Steve Perry (Journey) (Cassette, 1994) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Evolution by Journey (Rock) (Cassette, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Escape by Journey (Rock) (Cassette, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Denny Berthiaume, Sentimental Journey Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Journey Raised on Radio (Cassette, Columbia, 1986) US $1.99 [0 bids]
JOURNEY-ESCAPE-LP-VG+-COLUMBIA-DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'-STONE IN LOVE-LAY IT DOWN US $5.99 [0 bids]
SUSAN MCCANN 'SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY' 2 CD SET US $11.41 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Journey Self-Titled S/T Cassette US $3.99 [0 bids]
NEAL SCHON I'll cover you USA promo CD single Rare JOURNEY US $0.99 [0 bids]
3h
JOURNEY when you love a woman USA CD single US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Journey US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: A Musical Journey Box CD, Sep-2003, 5 Disc US $45.00 [0 bids]
American Journey [Box] by John Stewart (CD, May-1996, 3 Discs, Laserlight) US $25.00 [0 bids]
7" EP P/S 45 - THE JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - PAT BOONE - 1959 -Brazil US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Nostalgia 77 - A Journey Too Far Promo Cd Album US $6.55 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Journey - Don't Stop Believin' 2 x CD (The Best of , 2009) US $7.33 Buy It Now 3h 21m
TANE CAIN @TRYANGLZ CD+2 Journey/Terminator Soundtrack/Doug McCLure/Female Metal US $16.95 [0 bids]
LISTEN - ROCK - THE BEY SISTERS - SUGAR COOKIE - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY US $9.99 [0 bids]
WILLIS JACKSON PLAYS WITH FEELING DESIGNATED PROMO VG++ HEAR IT US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h 34m
JONATHAN CAIN BAND Windy City Breakdown ex JOURNEY & BABYS -- SEALED NEW US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 35m
DINSMORE PAYNE SELF TITLED 1973 VG++ HEAR IT US $16.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
TESS LOVE THEME (Larry Butler) b/w The Journey STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
IDEM - BEAT JOURNEY * OZ HIP HOP INSTRUMENTAL CD * HEAR * JOHNNY CRATES US $1.77 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ROGER DAVIDSON - JOURNEY TO RIO [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.28 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Classical Journey: Italy (CD, Aug-1991, Laserlight) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Journey / After The Fall 45 rpm Promo Record 1983 Vintage Vinyl Rock And Roll US $5.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS JOURNEY TO THE MOON PARTS 1 & 2 BUDDAH 132 US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
HUGO ,journey /JAPAN LTD CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Stevie Wonder - Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants 2 x CD US $20.88 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Journey to Truth Steve Williamson CD Verve Records Saxhophone Jazz Music Promo US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Blessed Spirit: Music of the Soul's Journey (CD, Oct-2000, Collegium Records) US $3.49 [0 bids]
NATURE'S COURSE Tequilla Sunset A Journey Through Our Environment Cassette Tape US $10.19 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
RUTH BROWN & DELTA RHYTHM BOYS "SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY" ATLANTIC 1023. 1954 R & B US $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD) US $4.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOURNEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#184045) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#187574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 01, 2008

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#200190) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234326) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#251186) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264187) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"