GREATEST HITS

Good, but non-essential

Buy JOURNEY Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1988

1. Only The Young (4:05)
2. Don't Stop Believin' (4:10)
3. Wheel In The Sky (4:12)
4. Faithfully (4:26)
5. I'll Be Alright Without You (4:50)
6. Any Way You Want It (3:23)
7. Ask The Lonely (3:54)
8. Who's Crying Now (5:02)
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (5:26)
10. Lights (3:10)
11. Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin' (3:50)
12. Open Arms (3:19)
13. Girl Can't Help It (3:50)
14. Send Her My Love (3:55)
15. Be Good To Yourself (3:51)

- Steve Perry / vocals

$24.18
Greatest Hits 2Greatest Hits 2
Legacy 2011
$5.00
Don't Stop Believin': The Best of JourneyDon't Stop Believin': The Best of Journey
Sony Uk 2009
$8.85
Journey - Greatest Hits LiveJourney - Greatest Hits Live
Sony Legacy 1998
$20.99

JOURNEY (ROCK) - GREATEST HITS [BONUS TRACK] NEW CD USD $10.07 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Greatest Hits: Journey CD USD $1.50 [2 bids]
JOURNEY'S GREATEST HITS NEW CD USD $8.06 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Journey ?- The Essential Journey (C178) USD $10.66 Buy It Now 6h 36m
JOURNEY (ROCK) - GREATEST HITS/GREATEST HITS, VOL. 2 NEW CD USD $17.10 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Greatest Hits 1 & 2 Journey USD $17.30 Buy It Now 8h 40m
JOURNEY Greatest Hits 25DP5364 JAPAN CD 06567 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Journey - Playlist: Greatest Hits Live [CD, 16-Tracks] Rock Band, 1-Disc Pack USD $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Journey Greatest Hits v.2 CD USD $10.95 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Journey Greatest Hits v.1 CD USD $13.55 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Steve Perry - Street Talk 10 track CD Oh Sherrie ex-Journey USD $3.29 [0 bids]
Journey-Greatest Hits Vol.1 (UK IMPORT) Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $30.13 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Classic Rock CD Lot of 19 GREATEST HITS ZZ Top Stewart Journey Floyd Doobies USD $39.99 Buy It Now 22h 3m
Journey - Greatest Hits 1 & 2 [New CD] USD $16.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Journey - Greatest Hits Live (1998) CD Steve Perry ! USD $11.14 Buy It Now 22h 54m
CD Journey Greatest Hits Wheel in the Sky Faithfully NICE DISC Extras Ship Free USD $4.95 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Journey-Greatest Hits Vol.1 (UK IMPORT) Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $28.20 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Journey CD Import Rare Edition Greatest Hits Collectors Kansas Def Leppard USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey - CD IN EXCELLENT COND !!! USD $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey ?- Greatest Hits CBS 463149 1 Vinyl VG++ Sleeve NM USD $39.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits Journey Japanese CD album (CDLP) FCCP40139 SONY 1988 USD $58.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Journey - Journey's Greatest Hits LP STEREO - Columbia OC 44493 - VG++ ROCK USD $18.98 [1 bids]
JOURNEY Greatest Hits CD + BONUS Jonathan Cain Back To The Innocence Solo CD !!! USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Very Best of Donna Summer CD The Journey Greatest Hits Compilation New Sealed USD $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) Free Shipping USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 2 Vinyl Records Journey-Infinity and Genisis USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DORIS DAY SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY CD 16 VERY SPECIAL SONGS USD $2.64 [0 bids]
Don't Stop Believin': The Best Of Journey Audio CD USD $9.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Jefferson Airplane Journey The Best of 21 Trk CD Album Greatest Hits Collection USD $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey's Greatest Hits - CD 54VG The Fast Free Shipping USD $6.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey - 's Greatest Hits (2006)E0664 USD $5.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey:Greatest Hits 2 LP, 180 Grams Audiophile Vinyl USD $30.50 Buy It Now 1 day
JOURNEY CD - GREATEST HITS 1 & 2 [2CD](2011) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sakura Gakuin : WONDERFUL JOURNEY CD UPCH-5762 2012 OBI Japan Import Tracking USD $117.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey`S Greatest Hits Vol. 2 CD NEW USD $6.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey Journey's Greatest Hits cd 1988 cd + Inlays are Excellent USD $5.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey CD Greatest Hits autographed by the Band Members  USD $300.00 [0 bids]
TWIST - The Craze that Rocked the Nation - Global Journey USD $2.51 [0 bids]
Journey--The Essential (2 Cd Set) USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Journey - Greatest Hits SEALED CD Bonus Track Jewel Case Cracked USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Donna Summer The Journey Limited Edition Deluxe Gift Box CD + Book Greatest Hits USD $45.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits: Journey by Journey USD $1.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey - Greatest Hits 1 & 2 [New CD] USD $17.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey / Open Arms ~ Greatest Hits JAPAN MHCP-287 PROMO B9 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOURNEY "GREATEST HITS" CD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Joy in the Journey 10 Years of Greatest Hits by Michael Card CD Feb-1994 Sparrow USD $13.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased by Steve Perry (Journey) (CD, Oct-2006, BMG (dis USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOURNEY : GREATEST HITS (180g Double LP Vinyl) sealed USD $44.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] [Digipak] [Remaster] by Steve Perry (Journey)... USD $14.22 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY/'GREATEST HITS I & II' *NW/SLD/2013 JPN BLU-SPEC 2 CD SET* THE BEST!! USD $16.49 [4 bids]
Journey - Journey's Greatest Hits - CD - New USD $10.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey - Greatest Hits Live CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey - Greatest Hits - CD - New USD $10.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey - Don't Stop Believin': the Best of Journey - Double CD - New USD $10.20 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY 2 CD LOT: FRONTIERS AND GREATEST HITS BOTH REMASTERED WITH BONUS TRACKS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Cat Stevens A JOURNEY Starbucks Opus Collection 2010 CD USD $12.65 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY - 'Greatest Hits Live' NM CD 16 Songs! Brilliant Production! Seperate Wa USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Smith, Linda : Greatest Hits-Journey to Now CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LEO SAYER - ENDLESS JOURNEY - GREATEST HITS CD - WHEN I NEED YOU / ORCHARD ROAD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey's Greatest Hits (2011) CD USD $4.47 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY - Greatest Hits 1 - Vinyl (gatefold 180 gram vinyl 2xLP) USD $34.12 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS VOL 1 & 2 IN ONE BOX SET USD $23.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey ?- Greatest Hits - Vinyl LP 1990 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JOURNEY (ROCK) - PLAYLIST: JOURNEY GREATEST HITS NEW CD USD $8.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Music CD JOURNEY GREATEST HITS - Journey in Original Jewel Case USD $4.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey Greatest Hits CD Columbia Brand New Sealed Free Shipping 1996 Sony USD $23.65 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jun-2010, Sony Music Distribution USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JOURNEY: GREATEST HITS CD! W/OPEN ARMS - FAITHFULLY! [1996] CK 44493 NR-MINT+! USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey Greatest Hits CD - New! USD $7.00 [0 bids]
Journey / Greatest Hits USD $3.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey ~ GREATEST HITS ~ minidisc (MD.mini disc) Steve Perry.Neal Schon USD $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey : Frontiers CD USD $5.62 Buy It Now 4 days
JOURNEY - TIME 3 CD SET Best Of In Jewel Cases 55 Songs 1992 Greatest Hits USD $8.46 Buy It Now 4 days
SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY Volume 4 CD USD $7.08 Buy It Now 4 days
DORIS DAY Sentimental Journey CD UK Prism 1995 16 Track (Platcd178) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey: Greatest Hits USD $2.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JOURNEY GREATEST HITS VOL.1 180GM LP VINYL RECORD NEW USD $37.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1996 Columbia Records JOURNEY compact disc GREATEST HITS Sony Music CD vg USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (CD, 1996, Columbia records) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey ?- Greatest Hits 1988 Compilation Vinyl LP (Near Mint) USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Greatest Hits [Bonus Track] by Journey (Rock) (CD, Aug-2006) *New* USD $10.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Jun-2010, Sony Music Distributio. USD $3.50 [0 bids]
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.25 [1 bids]
Journey - Greatest Hits 2: Int'l Bonus Track Edition [New CD] Germany - Import USD $11.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey - Greatest Hits - VG US CD USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey Greatest Hits 2 88697934231 Vinyl LP USD $39.00 [0 bids]
Journey - Greatest Hits Vol. II 2LP NEW USD $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey's Greatest Hits by Journey (Rock) (CD, Oct-1996, Columbia (USA)) USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Ultimate Best: Greatest Hits 1 & 2 - Journey (CD New) USD $28.28 Buy It Now 5 days
Lot of 3 Journey Albums Cd Greatest Hits Raised on Radio Trial by Fire USD $8.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey-Greatest Hits LP Cbs Mexico Promo Radio Unique cover USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey ?- Greatest Hits Vol. 2 Vinyl 2LP Music On Vinyl 2011 NEW/SEALED USD $35.57 Buy It Now 5 days
Open Arms-Greatest Hits - Journey (CD New) USD $20.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey's Greatest Hits LP (12" album, 33 rpm) Gatefold Journey Vinyl Hard Rock USD $35.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Domestic Cd Journey Greatest Hits Live Shipping 180 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Domestic Cd 15 Songs Journey Greatest Hits Shipping 180 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Digital Remaster Domestic Cd Best 16 Songs With Outer Box Journey Greatest Hits USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy JOURNEY music online Buy JOURNEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JOURNEY Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(23%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

JOURNEY Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Journey´s first compilation brings out only the hits, as the title honestly indicates. It is really for the ones who want to get the radio friendly material and the great pop songs of the late 70´s to the mid 80´s. Journey was a much maligned band for its chart success, but they were quite a talented bunch from the very start. While there is little prog here, it is also clear the band had the technique, the background and the songwriting ability to be reckon as something that went beyond the current pop hits of the time. Their prog leanings were much more evident on their first works, but it left a strong mark even at their most commercial stuff anyway. I had to admire those guys (who also were very good live). Neal Schon is a fine guitar player, has his own style and knows how to play good without too much showing off. And Steve Perry is one of the great singers of the 20th century.

I´d call this album good, simple and straight. It does not show the best of the band, though. They had much more to offer. If you´re looking for a more complete overview of Journey (Steve Perry era only) I recommend you get The Essential Journey or, in the case of rareties, the Time3 boxset. Greatest Hits is maybe the cheapest to buy, but is limited to the obvious, more well known songs. 2,5 stars.

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I DID IT FOR THE GIRL.

It was 1988/1989, my freshman year in college. My musical tastes were mostly into the popular metal of the day such as bands like Poison, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. My favorite band at that time was probably Metallica. I had just attended my first concert which was the Monsters of Rock which consisted of Van Halen, The Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. I was also just starting to get into progressive rock as it was about this time that I purchased my first Rush, Yes, and ELP albums.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it was my freshman year in college, I was working part-time and taking 4 classes in the afternoons or the evenings. In two of my four classes was Becky, a nice looking girl who was a year older than me, but had attended the same high school as me. Although we didn't really know each other well, we gravitated towards each other in the sea of unfamiliar faces within the classrooms. Being the consumate geek/nerd I quicky became pretty enamored with her, since most girls our age barely gave me the time of day. One conversation led to another and she tells me that her favorite band is Journey. Of course, I had heard of Journey and I liked Wheel In the Sky, but I wasn't really familiar with them. Although, they had had some pretty legendary free concerts a couple of miles from my home, before my time. Cars parked on the main streets. Drunk and stoned fans having sex everywhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but that was what I knew about Journey..

Determined to impress the girl, I ran over to the record store that weekend and lo and behold Journey had just released this Greatest Hits album. The first time I played this album was one of the most surreal listening experiences that I have ever had. As each song came on, I realized that I had heard it before and liked it. Of the 15 songs on the album, I knew and liked at least 10 of them. I just had no idea that they were all done by Journey. Years of casually listening to the radio without really paying attention. Anyhow, I was pretty excited that I'd be able to go back to Becky and tell her what I heard and that even though I hadn't realized it, I liked Journey too.

In the case that anyone has even read this review this far and is wondering whether our hero got the girl; he didn't. She had a summer job working on Mackinac Island and she wasn't interested in me because she had a boyfriend who lived up there. True or not I don't really know. We remained friends throughout the remainder of the semester, and then went our separate ways to new classes and the remainders of our lives. I have no idea whatever happened to Becky, but I have her to thank for helping me get through one semester of college towards earning my bachelor's degree, and a lifelong love of Journey.

Journey's Greatest Hits is another compilation that I absolutely love and found to be an excellent introduction into a band that I didn't know that I already knew. However, being that the music is mostly AOR and this is a prog site the best rating that I can give it is 3 stars. Some prog fans will like this, but many won't. It is good, but not essential.

Review by Sinusoid
1 stars Greatest hits sets really aren't my thing. I prefer to explore the proper studio albums of the artist to see if there's any little known gems that I might like. I also don't really care for bands or songs that have been massively overexposed by the mainstream culture, and this version of Journey happens to be one of those bands. Steve Perry's voice has become ridiculously grating to my ears to the point where I can barely stand it anymore. Couple that with the tune selection here as nothing more than cheap radio hits with little instrumental highlights that get old before they're even over. There's really nothing progressive about anything here, so if you want to hear anything musically stimulating, just pass this one up.
Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Greatest Hits' - Journey (Compilation)

As far as the general public is concerned, this is a fantastic collection of Journey's best known moments during their career. Songs like 'Separate Ways' and 'Don't Stop Believin' are represented here, and offer a good dose of (albeit commercial) rock that this prog listener can even appreciate. There's no contest as to whether or not the band (during this phase) was an arena rock band, but nontheless, Journey was and is a talented band with a penchant for writing good, catchy songs.

I daresay that this is the definitive greatest hits collection of the band, but it would have been nice if their progressive phase (being mainly their first album) was represented here, although I can certainly see why it wasn't included. While it's probably showing the band at it's instrumental peak, many people would prefer to have something so different from the rest of the band's catalog left out.

Don't expect prog here, but you can expect some good rock songs and a handful of ballads thrown into the mix.

Review by snobb
3 stars In early eighties, still as schoolboy,I listened Journey and even loved some their songs ( never-full album, because they never had full strong album even then for me).So, I found almost all these songs there ,in their first compilation. No chances to hear there something from their very early jazz-rock albums, only AOR hits ( what is writen on cover).

Looking from now ( and when listening that CD with improved sound), music is melodic, energetic and very simple. I still like vocal and acoustic piano in few places, and some melodies still sounds nostalgic for me. But nothing really good about music - you will hardly find any prog there. Let say, their golden hits dated bad.

Only good thing there is they still sound better than in their new albums ( of 21 century). Vocal and melodies of old songs are still attractive in moments.

Generally, can't see why someone could be interested in that album. For heavy fans only. 2,5 points.

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars As a teenager, I wore this Journey compilation out because it contained a healthy portion of Journey's most beloved classic rock hits. It easily encouraged me to acquire several of their studio albums, which I found contained few really excellent tracks that were not included here. The album opens with one of my favorite Journey songs (because I certainly couldn't choose one), "Only the Young," which was featured on the 1985 film Vision Quest. As compilations go, this is an exceptional one, highlighting the best of Steve Perry-era Journey (and to be frank, what came before him was a different band altogether). At barely over an hour, I would have liked to have seen a few of the Gregg Rolie-led compositions during Steve Perry's lengthy tenure, as I've always felt the two singers provided a remarkable contrast with each other. Namely, I would have liked to have seen "Feeling That Way" and "Anytime," which, considering the radio airplay that one still gets today, would have been an obvious choice. I also think the rather unnoticed gem from Departure, "Someday Soon" would have made a fine addition. However, the merits of this semi-career-spanning compilation far outweigh its flaws, and for anyone who wants a nearly perfect sample of the glory days of Journey, one need look no further.
Review by memowakeman
3 stars Journey is a band that normally is not considered a prog band, sometimes people even don't consider them a rock band, but well, sometimes labelling is merely subjective and what people should do is to enjoy the music they like without making comparisons and strict categorizations. Now that I found that they are here in the archives (I had completely forgot it) and that I've been a bit nostalgic listening to old records, I wanted to write a few words about this compilation album.

A "Greatest Hits" release might sum up the band's most successful tunes, which does not necessarily mean those are their best compositions, but might be some iconic songs that people around the world identify and love. This 1988 release is a perfect example of commercial success which gathers some rock tunes and some ballads that people from all ages and eras could enjoy, which makes it even a timeless record, because not matter where or when you play it, there will be people excited singing those songs, having memories and also introducing the band to others. I don't play it frequently, I actually don't listen to Journey frequently, but when I do, I tremendously enjoy singing songs such as "Separate Ways", "Open Arms" and of course "Don't Stop Believin'" among others.

So well, I think this release is actually worth it, pretty nice for those who like the band and a nice introduction for those who are not familiar with Journey's music. For that, despite there only a 5% of prog rock here, I wanted to review it and want to recommend it to those nostalgic minds who enjoy AOR.

Enjoy it!

Post a review of JOURNEY "Greatest Hits"