My Dying Bride - The Voice Of The Wretched CD (album) cover

My Dying Bride

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

4 stars Dark symphonic prog......

My Dying Bride went out and released this live album with some tracks from the first six albums. Most of the tracks here are their darkest and most symphonic tracks. The feeling of gloom, death and sadness is the overriding feeling. Maybe it is a good idea to avoid this album if you are suicidal....... or make that Must Avoid.

Some of the best My Dying Bride songs are gathered here. Turn Loose The Swans, Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium and Cry Of Mankind is the better ones here. I am missing their most symphonic prog songs, with the exception of Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium, on this album. But I guess songs like Seer Me cannot be presented live. So that is an obvious limitation. I am not happy with the inclusion of the song from 34.7 which I feel is not fitting this live album. The rest of this live album is excellent. Don't buy/ listen to it if you are suicidal because this live album is very gloomy. But for the rest of us; this is a very good live album.

4 stars