My Dying Bride - The Thrash of Naked Limbs CD (album) cover

THE THRASH OF NAKED LIMBS

My Dying Bride

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

UMUR
3 stars The Thrash of Naked Limbs is an EP release by UK doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It was released in 1993 by Peaceville Records to harvest on the succes of the band┤s debut full-length studio album As The Flower Withers (1992). A shortened version of the title track was made into a promotional video which received heavy rotation on the MTV Headbanger┤s Ball show back in 1993. My Dying Bride were on the rise to underground fame.

There are three tracks on the EP. The title track and the last track Gather Me Up Forever are in the slow, heavy and melancholic doom/ death metal style of the debut album while the second track on the EP called Le Cerf Malade is a dark melancholic, atmospheric and ambient track. Both The title track and Gather Me Up Forever are quite enjoyable and could well have fit into the debut album while Le Cerf Malade drags my rating down. It┤s repetitive and with a playing time of 6:31 minutes I find it quite a drag. A filler track if such a track ever existed.

The production is very heavy and dark. It suits the music perfectly.

The Thrash of Naked Limbs is an enjoyable EP release to some extent but my 2.5 - 3 star rating reflects that I feel Le Cerf Malade is a waste of my time.

UMUR | 3/5 |