THE THRASH OF NAKED LIMBS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride The Thrash of Naked Limbs album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1993

1. The Thrash of Naked Limbs (6:13)
2. Le Cerf Malade (6:31)
3. Gather Me Up Forever (5:17)

Search MY DYING BRIDE The Thrash of Naked Limbs lyrics

Search MY DYING BRIDE The Thrash of Naked Limbs tabs

- Aaron Stainthorpe / vocals, artwork, photos
- Andrew Craighan / guitar
- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar, photos
- Adrian Jackson / bass
- Martin Powell / violin
- Rick Miah / drums

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Thrash of Naked Limbs Music

The Thrash Of Naked LimbsThe Thrash Of Naked Limbs
Peaceville
Vinyl$99.98 (used)

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Thrash of Naked Limbs ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Thrash of Naked Limbs reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The Thrash of Naked Limbs is an EP release by UK doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It was released in 1993 by Peaceville Records to harvest on the succes of the band´s debut full-length studio album As The Flower Withers (1992). A shortened version of the title track was made into a promotional video which received heavy rotation on the MTV Headbanger´s Ball show back in 1993. My Dying Bride were on the rise to underground fame.

There are three tracks on the EP. The title track and the last track Gather Me Up Forever are in the slow, heavy and melancholic doom/ death metal style of the debut album while the second track on the EP called Le Cerf Malade is a dark melancholic, atmospheric and ambient track. Both The title track and Gather Me Up Forever are quite enjoyable and could well have fit into the debut album while Le Cerf Malade drags my rating down. It´s repetitive and with a playing time of 6:31 minutes I find it quite a drag. A filler track if such a track ever existed.

The production is very heavy and dark. It suits the music perfectly.

The Thrash of Naked Limbs is an enjoyable EP release to some extent but my 2.5 - 3 star rating reflects that I feel Le Cerf Malade is a waste of my time.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#263884) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The three songs EP give some early signals about the forthcoming long-player, which I consider the grandest achievement of this group I have yet heard. The stinging guitar melody themes unite yet more deeply with supporting instruments, and there is much emphasis on song arrangements. Yet however the compositions are not very interesting on this release, I felt "The Thrash of Naked Limbs" appearing as quite hollow heavy metal trashing at the studio without yet reaching contact to desired undivine forces. Atmospheric ambiences of "Le Cerf Malade" are then quite fancy to adore, dark freely floating motives creating wonderful dreamy scenery between more sinister songs. "Gather Me Up Forever" works as a composition better than the opening track, but these two songs do not in my opinion justify rejoicing of this release. There should be more convincing content than wonderful mood conjuring of the ethereal middle part, but certainly the elements are formulating for something grander.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872782) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2012

3 stars My Dying Bride as they were in the good old days........ This is the follow up to their excellent first EP and the subsequent album. The Thrash of Naked Limbs takes up the thread where the album left it. Dark, Wagnerian doom metal with death grunts and downtuned guitars and some violins. Enoug ... (read more)

Report this review (#452497) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, May 27, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Thrash of Naked Limbs"