Kingston Wall - Kingston Wall II CD (album) cover

KINGSTON WALL II

Kingston Wall

Psychedelic/Space Rock

I Love Internet
5 stars My second review and Kingston Walls second album.

Kingston Wall is my favorit band from my home country. This album is often considered to be their best and I agree with the common opinion in this case - athough their last album ain´t really worse than this. This album is filled with great musicianship and excellent compositions. Sami Kuoppamäki on drums and Jukka Jylli bass both give a spot on performance on this album. Sami´s drumming drives the songs forward with such huge energy and Jukka puts out a bunch of really nice bass grooves. And once we place Petri Walli´s stellar guitar playing on top of this we have the best Finnish album of the 90´s. I sometimes hear people saying bad things about Petri´s singing, and while I would agree that he certainly ain´t a technically proficient singer - I still thing his voice suits the music perfectly and that he knows how to make the most of his vocal abilities.

For me this album carries a great amount of positive energy even in the slower songs. I will recommend this album to just about everyone wandering around on the site. This is some of the best psychedelic rock made.

As for influences, if you think of a mix of Pink Floyd, Hendrix and Zeppelin you might get close to what this music is about, but I strongly suggest you check them out for yourself.

Without a doubt a 5 star master piece of progressive rock.

(don´t worry folks I will give smaller ratings as soon as I´m done with my favourites)

I Love Internet | 5/5 |