Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars Good but not essential is the best way to describe it.

I'll be brief because there are too many reviews already. Well, this is one of those MOST HAVE albums in rock history and while the album is good, really, it does not make it to a wonderful, impressive achievement.

Pink Floyd has one great masterpiece (Animals) but this album and The Wall are really just good commercial albums with random good tracks and a good concept but there's nothing really outstanding to point at. Some good moments in MONEY, ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE and BRAIN DAMAGE, and that's it. The rest is just good experimentation but nothing special to be considered a masterpiece. I like their bluesy spirit and some of the experimentations are cool, but musically, it really has nothing that special or wonderful. I know this album had influenced any single band after them, but I think it's a little dated and music has progress a lot after it.

3 stars is fair for a good album but nothing more.

jampa17 | 3/5 |