Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise CD (album) cover

Circa Survive

4 stars I didn't know what to expect from this album with their first single "Get out" which is a badass piece of work opening to a new style keeping their signature melodies but with tighter guitar parts. The first listens of the album left me unsatisfied but I can't stop myself listening to it. I received it one week ago and I listened to it at least one time a day. The album is more energetic and less melancholic than its predecessors. This is great because they show us what they are capable to do. The rhythm section is upgraded here whilst still working hard on the melodies. They reached the perfect balance of melodies and rhythm. They still have the sad emotional lyrics but with more aggressiveness in the music.

Long time fans will still recognize what they fell in love with but with more crisp, energy and aggressiveness.

OceanTree | 4/5 |