Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. CD (album) cover

LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Sean Trane | 2/5 |