LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled 1976 T-510 1st Press Pyramid Cover EX/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Anthology by Ambrosia (CD, May-1997, Warner Bros.) BMG Direct US $3.99 Buy It Now 59m 4s
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 59m 51s
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 59m 54s
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 59m 57s
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h
Ambrosia *self-titled 1975 CD (Japanese release by Warner Music WPCR-1049 ) US $31.49 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 1976 7" RECORD FROM SPAIN Never Played US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
AMBROSIA - One Eighty (LP, 1980) Very Good+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
AMBROSIA 8 TRACK TAPE Life Beyond L.A. ~ TESTED nw pad & splice US $6.39 Buy It Now 4h 50m
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - WALKING THROUGH THE STREETS OF THE CITY - NEW CD US $10.87 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Ambrosia Anthology Sealed New Indonesia Cassette US $8.78 Buy It Now 10h 49m
AMBROSIA ONE EIGHTY CD 1980 JAPANESE IMPORT WARNER BROS RELEASE US $29.95 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Ambrosia - How much i feel -Very Good + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - 7" Pic Disc MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 59m
AMBROSIA 1980 One Eighty 12" Vinyl 33 LP Warner Brothers PROG ROCK VG US $9.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia- Holdin' On To Yesterday / How Much I Feel -45rpm-1985 US $1.49 Buy It Now 18h 47m
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $32.25 Buy It Now 19h 55m
AMBROSIA~BIGGEST PART OF ME b/w LIVIN' ON MY OWN~1980~7" 45 RPM~SOFT ROCK~WB US $1.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Biggest Part Of Me/You're The Only Woman (You & I) (45) - Back To Back US $4.95 Buy It Now 21h 48m
AMBROSIA: How Much Can You Love Me / Still Not Satisfied (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $3.95 Buy It Now 21h 48m
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Holdin' On To Yesterday (WB, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 21h 48m
AMBROSIA: Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star (20th Century, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 21h 49m
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. WB 1978 US $2.99 Buy It Now 22h 2m
Ambrosia ?- Life Beyond L.A. - 1978 -- VINYL LP - WARNER HEART TO HEART US $0.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 LP Record RARE US $9.66 Buy It Now 1 day
"AMBROSIA" LIFE BEYOND L.A. RARE LP WARNER BROSS sleeve with Lyrics US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
VG+ AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME/LIVIN' ON MY OWN 1980 45 RPM WARNER WBS-49225 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Road Island LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Elton John Firefall Neil Diamond 4LP Lot 3 NM Shrink 1st Press See Pics US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TIME LIFE Singers & Songwriters 1980-1982 Various Artists 2CD 80s Ambrosia US $20.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Holdin' On To Yesterday Make Us All Aware Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA self-titled 1975 UK 20TH CENTURY STEREO LP US $16.13 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA SELF TITLED 33 rpm record album US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - IN THE NEW ORLEANS BRASS BAND TRADITION * - NEW CD US $10.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Arthur-The Album/various-Chr Cross- N Larson-Ambrosia/WB/Canada/NM- HEAR US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Self Titled Reissue 1978 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Self Titled Debut 1975 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
LESTER YOUNG the president VOL 6 LP AMBROSIA AMB 60 US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Somewhere I've Never Travelled by Ambrosia = VINYL LP = Die-Cut Cover US $7.46 Buy It Now 1 day
NM Coast To Coast import strk LP . Ambrosia Bonnie Raitt US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA- YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN/ SHAPE I'M IN 7" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Nm! 45 Ambrosia - How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo On Wb Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN ambrosia 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
VINYL LP Ambrosia - Road Island Warner Bros. Records BSK 3638 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. VINYL LP WITH LYRIC SHEET VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia How Much I Feel Ready For Camarillo 45 1978 WB Records WBS 8640 US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA AMBROSIA 1975 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
-Holst/Janácek: Orchestral Works CD Philharmonia Orchestra, Ambrosia New US $25.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Ready for camarillo/How much I feel 7" vinyl Warner Bros US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1980 Ambrosia "You're The Only Woman- Shape I'm In" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 Ambrosia "Holdin' On To Yesterday-Make Us All Aware" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 "Ambrosia" Stereo LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
~ AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Much I Feel - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME (WBS49225) great record! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Chuck GIRARD ~ orig 1975 Christian rock debut LP w/Toto,Ambrosia US $4.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia: Pic Disc 45 rpm WB 1982 K17933P London Import US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Road Island Vinyl Record Album US $0.25 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 CANADA US $1.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA NAUTILUS NR 23 SUPERDISCS LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A.-The Deluxe Edition (Ori [CD New] US $18.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me/Hits [CD New] US $12.67 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK/ Ambrosia - For Openers (Promo) 4 Track EP US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ZUBIN MEHTA/AMBROSIA OPERA CHORUS**VERDI: IL TROVATORE**3 CD SET US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
WB-3638 AMBROSIA Road Island OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA road island LP Mint- Promo BSK 3638 Vinyl 1982 Record US $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A.: THE DELUXE EDITION NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA HOLDIN ON TO YESTERDAY NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 234 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA USA NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 236 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA FEELIN ALIVE AGAIN PROMO NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 233 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA IF HEAVEN COULD FIND ME USA NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 239 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA PLAYER CHRISTOPHER CROSS MICHAEL FRANKS AOR BEST 2 CD JAPAN B5707 US $16.50 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. Vinyl LP Record Album US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia "One Eighty" Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
David Pack's Anywhere You Go Vinyl LP Record Album -- Ambrosia Band Member US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia, LP, Road Island, orig Warner Bros. BSK 3638, 1982, PROMO, David Pack US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, LP, Life Beyond L.A., orig Warner Bros. BSK 3135, 1978, David Pack US $4.77 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Nice, Nice Very Nice 45 rpm 20th Century Records VG+ 1975 US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Holdin' On To Yesterday 45 rpm 20th Century Records NM 1975 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ARTHUR the album LP Record STEPHEN BISHOP AMBROSIA 1981 like new US $24.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia ~ Life beyond LA LP Vinyl Record (09794), Ambrosia ~ Life beyond LA LP US $9.37 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND CASSETTE TAPE US $13.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia "Life Beyond L.A." LP Warner Brothers BSK 3135 VG (TESTED!) US $1.39 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. / 8 TRACK TAPE / 1978 US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
45 Ambrosia/Holdin on to yesterday/Make us all aware/20th Cedntury/USA/VG HEAR US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VG+ AMBROSIA READY FOR CAMARILLO/HOW MUCH I FEEL 1978 45 RPM WARNER WBS 8640 US $2.98 Buy It Now 3 days
70's/80's Record collection 45 RPM AMBROSIA lot -5 Records US $5.00 [0 bids]
Only Love 1975-1979 CD Twenty Hits Ambrosia Poco Orleans Neil Sedaka Bread US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia-Life Beyond L.A.-1978-BSK 3135-33 1/3 rpm LP-NM/EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Ambrosia/Somewhere I've Never Travelled [CD New] US $20.26 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated « Ambrosia », and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seem ... (read more)

Report this review (#265973) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."