LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
Ambrosia - The EssentialsAmbrosia - The Essentials
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
Ambrosia, Life Beyond LA, Album,1978 Warner Bros Records LP,Vinyl, Angola US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Lot of 2 The Doobie Brothers Black Water & Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 RPM Records US $3.48 Buy It Now 3h 14m
AMBROSIA: You're The Only Woman (You & I) / Shape I'm In |45| Ships WORLDWIDE! US $1.95 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Ambrosia - Ambrosia (CD, Feb-2000, Warner Bros.) US $5.38 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY/MAKE US ALL AWARE 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 5h 49m
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - VG++ WARNER BROS RECORD 1980 US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Ambrosia WBros LP 1982 Ralph Steadman US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Ambrosia - Self Titled lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Ambrosia/ Warner Brothers BSK-3181/ Near Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl Ambrosia Biggest Part Of Me Livin' On My Own Warner Bros US $5.50 Buy It Now 8h 9m
AMBROSIA~BIGGEST PART OF ME b/w LIVIN' ON MY OWN~1980~7" 45 RPM~SOFT ROCK~WB US $1.99 [0 bids]
70's/80's Record collection 45 RPM AMBROSIA lot -5 Records US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Walking Through the Streets of the City Mint Jazz LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 13h 57m
SEALED 12"~UNSPOKEN DREAM~Ambrosia~[7:18]~Plasma~[8:34]~[1999 DANGER HIGH VOLTAG US $14.90 Buy It Now 14h 35m
AMBROSIA SHAPE I'M IN 1980 45 RPM WARNER BROS. WBS49508 US $2.98 Buy It Now 15h 49m
AMBROSIA**LIFE BEYOND L.A.**2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 15h 52m
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ WB 1980 US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
AMBROSIA - ANTHOLOGY [AMBROSIA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.78 Buy It Now 21h 28m
AMBROSIA - HOW MUCH I FEEL AND OTHER HITS [090431848623] - NEW CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 21h 30m
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND - 1982 ORIG. EX/VG+ Shrink VINYL & COVER US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Excellent 1976 Progressive Rock LP - AMBROSIA " 1st Self Titled LP" 20th Century US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia / How Much I Feel (1978) / Vinyl Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA-ROAD ISLAND NEW SEALED WARNER BROS BSK 3638 rock vinyl LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $32.61 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 1976 7" RECORD FROM SPAIN Never Played US $2.00 [0 bids]
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Cryin' In the Rain on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Holdin' On To Yesterday on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Livin' On My Own on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour on 20th Century US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Shape I'm In on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Still Not Satisfied on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
All This and World War II vinyl 2x LP BOX w/BOOK BEATLES Bee Gees AMBROSIA US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AUCTION FIND! AMBROSIA One Eighty LP Record Album EX/NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. Nautilus NR 23 Half Speed Mastered LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
ERLAND KRAUSER: Ambrosia (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - One Eighty (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled 1976 T-510 1st Press Pyramid Cover EX/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Magical Mystery Tour/Cowboy Star, 20th Century TC 2327 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Holdin' On to Yesterday/Make Us All Aware, 20th Centur 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Toad Island (Warner Bro BSK 3638) LP vinyl US $5.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled (20th Century T-510) LP vinyl US $5.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia promo 45 rpm "Biggest Part Of Me" on Warner Bros. US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - One Eighty (LP, 1980) Very Good+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/Life beyond LA US $3.99 [0 bids]
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/somewhere ive never travelled US $4.99 [0 bids]
Holdin On To Yesterday - Make Us All Aware Ambrosia 20th Century TC 2207 US $2.97 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 8 TRACK TAPE Life Beyond L.A. ~ TESTED nw pad & splice US $6.39 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - WALKING THROUGH THE STREETS OF THE CITY - NEW CD US $11.08 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA~ Promo~ Self Titled LP US $17.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Anthology Sealed New Indonesia Cassette US $8.94 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA life beyond l.a. LP 10 track with inner (k56525) uk warner bros 1978 US $8.64 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA ONE EIGHTY CD 1980 JAPANESE IMPORT WARNER BROS RELEASE US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - 7" Pic Disc MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LP ALBUM LIFE BEYOND LA US $4.88 [0 bids]
Ambrosia How Much I Feel New 45 Same Song Both Sides Low S & H US $4.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Side One Your The Only Woman Side Two How Much I Feel Low S US $4.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Biggest Part Of Me VG 45 RPM US $0.01 [0 bids]
David Pack - Anywhere You Go (1985) CD, Oct-2006, Wounded Bird, Ambrosia US $20.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Biggest Part Of Me/You're The Only Woman (You & I) (45) - Back To Back US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much Can You Love Me / Still Not Satisfied (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Holdin' On To Yesterday (WB, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star (20th Century, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. WB 1978 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.29 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.29 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 LP Record RARE US $9.66 Buy It Now 2 days
"AMBROSIA" LIFE BEYOND L.A. RARE LP WARNER BROSS sleeve with Lyrics US $9.71 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 CANADA US $1.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA, ONE EIGHTY, LP VINYL RECORD US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Essentials by Ambrosia (CD, Jun-2002, Warner Bros.) US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME/LIVIN' ON MY OWN 1980 45 RPM WARNER WBS-49225 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA NAUTILUS NR 23 SUPERDISCS LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Road Island LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Elton John Firefall Neil Diamond 4LP Lot 3 NM Shrink 1st Press See Pics US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
TIME LIFE Singers & Songwriters 1980-1982 Various Artists 2CD 80s Ambrosia US $21.56 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND L.A.-LP-VINYL-PROMO-FACTORY SEALED-NEW!!! US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Holdin' On To Yesterday Make Us All Aware Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA self-titled 1975 UK 20TH CENTURY STEREO LP US $16.31 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - IN THE NEW ORLEANS BRASS BAND TRADITION * - NEW CD US $11.38 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA Classic Rock LP SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELED US $4.99 [0 bids]
Arthur-The Album/various-Chr Cross- N Larson-Ambrosia/WB/Canada/NM- HEAR US $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
LESTER YOUNG the president VOL 6 LP AMBROSIA AMB 60 US $21.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated « Ambrosia », and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seem ... (read more)

Report this review (#265973) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."