LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
Ambrosia - One Eighty [CD New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h
Big Moses Feat Ambrosia - Trust Yourself Shelter #85939 US $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Rock Promo 45 AMBROSIA Feelin' Alive Again on Warner Bros. (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Ambrosia - Standing Room Only (Live)(2007 Sealed CD) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP with Concert Poster/ Flyers NM 1980 Shrinkwrap Collectble US $29.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY NEW CD US $28.90 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Ambrosia/ONE EIGHTY (Japan /Sealed with OBI) US $59.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LOT 2LPs Self Titled/Somewhere I've Never US $14.45 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Factory Sealed LP - Ambrosia ~ Road Island US $10.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia: Holdin' On To The Yesterday 7" 45 VG++ Canada US $7.49 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Life Beyond L.A. Ambrosia. WB BSK3135 1978 US $7.64 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Ambrosia: Shape I'm In 7" 45 NM USA WB WBS49508 US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
WB-3368- AMBROSIA One Eighty OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h
WB-3638- AMBROSIA Road Island OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h
WB-3182- AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travell OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
TWC-434- AMBROSIA Ambrosia OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
TWC-510- AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travell OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
NAUT-23- AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
WB-3135- AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
AMBROSIA PLAYER CHRISTOPHER CROSS MICHAEL FRANKS AOR BEST 2 CD JAPAN B5707 US $16.50 [0 bids]
ARTHUR THE ALBUM Soundtrack 1981 CD JAPAN Christopher Cross Ambrosia AOR B6020 US $16.50 [0 bids]
Ambrosian Singers Yuletide Ambrosia CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Rock NM! 45 AMBROSIA The Brunt on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Ambrosia LP Life Beyond LA 1978 & One Eighty 1980 Shrink 2 Lot NM/EX US $12.95 [0 bids]
Various Artists,CD,Top Hits of 80s,INXS,A-Ha,Devo,Yes,Ambrosia,Escape Club,Todd US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
HOLST The Planets AMBROSIA SINGERS Philharmonia Orchestra SIMON RATTLE Digital US $14.12 Buy It Now 23h 59m
AMBROSIA USA Pyramid Cover Pressing SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELED LP! US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ARTHUR OST JAPAN CD 2400yen 1ST STEPHEN BISHOP AMBROSIA US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 8-Track Tape US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA**HOW MUCH I FEEL**CD US $3.91 Buy It Now 1 day
DALZA, JOAN AMBROSIA - LUZ DEL ALVA: SPANISH SONGS AND INSTRUMENTAL - NEW CD US $14.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 5 Ambrosia LPs: s/t, Life Beyond L.A., One Eighty, Road Island, Somewhere US $32.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND LA:DELUXE EDITION CD NEW US $21.15 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA-AMBROSIA / SOMEWHERE I`VE NEVER TRAVE... CD NEW US $22.14 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A.RARE ORIGINAL WARNER BROTHERS LABEL Analog Sealed LP US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"ARTHUR, THE ALBUM" ORIG SDTK LP 1981 Christopher Cross~Bacharach~Ambrosia vg++ US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
(922M) Vinny Peculiar & The Blue Poppies of Ambrosia US $10.13 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL LP Ambrosia - One Eighty / WB BSK 3368 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL LP Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA!! - "HOW MUCH I FEEL" B/W "READY FOR CAMARILLO" WBS-8640 STEREO 45 VG+! US $1.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA life beyond l.a. K 56525 uk warner 1978 LP PS EX/EX- with inner sleeve US $14.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia / Self Titled / SEALED! OOP Rarity US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 'HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME (EDIT)' UK PICTURE DISC 7" SINGLE US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LP ALBUM LIFE BEYOND LA US $4.97 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me 45 1980 VG+ US $1.49 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND NEW CD US $28.90 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - Ambrosia (20th Century Records) EX first press A-1 B-1 US $6.63 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Road Island LP Record 1982 RARE US $11.40 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 Vinyl 33 LP PROG ROCK VG US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
7" Record 1976 Ambrosia: "Cowboy Star" and "Magical Mystery tour" US $8.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - IN THE NEW ORLEANS BRASS BAND TRADITION NEW CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA- "ANTHOLOGY" US $6.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA / ROAD ISLAND ** NM Cassette (1982) US $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled, Japan Pyramid Cover LP, Low Sale!!! US $14.99 [0 bids]
ROBERT BERRY - The Dividing Line (CD 2008) sealed AOR Frontiers Ambrosia Hush US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia How can you love me 7" K17933P /EX UK Pic Picture Disc US $14.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Anthology - Ambrosia New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.26 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA(@) - PEVENSEY NLZ - NEW CD US $18.63 Buy It Now 2 days
JON ANDERSON Olias Of Sunhillow AEROSMITH Ambrosia THAI Thailand 7" 45 EP PS #9 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
David Pack - Anywhere You Go (1985) CD, Oct-2006, Wounded Bird, Ambrosia US $36.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED RARE OOP CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - How much i feel -Very Good + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA-FEELIN' ALIVE AGAIN/FOR OPENERS WELCOME HOME-WARNER BROS 29937 NM 45 US $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 1978 CLASSIC ROCK / AOR LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Prog Funk Hair Metal 5 LP's AMBROSIA COAL KITCHEN SAD CAFE ALADA RESERVE VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vintage Ambrosia--Life Beyond LA 12" Vinyl LP Album 1978 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond LA - BSK 3135 - 1978 US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia Brass Band - In The New Orleans Brass Band Tradition [CD New] US $15.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Road Island [CD New] US $20.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ambrosia by ambrosia (8 track 1975 20th Century Records) TESTED US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mahler - Symphony No.2 C Minor - Wyn Morris, Ambrosia Singers - SYM7/8 (2 x LP) US $33.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. VG++ 12" Great Album Very Good Condition Price Drop US $2.98 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Make Us All Aware/Holdin On To 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Ambrosia ita jazz 1986 US $35.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Somewhere I've Never Travelled by Ambrosia = VINYL LP = Die-Cut Cover US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 Record 49225 NM Livin on my own / Biggest part of me US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Classic Rock 8-Tracks ~ AMBROSIA ~ Life Beyond L.A. ~ Vintage 8 Track Tape US $7.85 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR US $1.79 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA STANDING ROOM ONLY LIVE CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia 45 You're The Only Woman(You&I)/Biggest Part Of Me Warner Bros. Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
~ AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
(AP929) Subset, Ambrosia - DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 3 days
JOE MORRIS (GUITAR)/ - AMBROSIA [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $13.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond LA - 1978 Warner Bros K56525 Vinyl US $24.91 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. FACTORY SEALED 8 TRACK TAPE US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Clean Prog AOR Rock LP AMBROSIA 1976 Pyramid Cover SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELED US $15.00 [0 bids]
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/One Eighty US $3.99 [0 bids]
record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/Life beyond LA US $3.99 [0 bids]
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/somewhere ive never travelled US $4.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA biggest part of me 7" promo b/w livin' on my own but has number sticker US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA how can you love me 7" limited pic disc featuring edit and fool like me US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. - LP US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - How Can You Love Me PICTURE DISC - Ex 7" Single Warner Bros K 17933P US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Somewhere Ive Never (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $12.49 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY PROMO 45 MONO/STEREO RARE DAVID PACK US $3.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LP - Life Beyond L.A. US $10.75 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA: ONE EIGHTY 1980 Warner Brothers BSK3368 in shrink EX-/EX- US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated Ambrosia , and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seem ... (read more)

Report this review (#265973) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."