LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Double CD
Friday Music 2013
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
Somewhere I've Never TravelledSomewhere I've Never Travelled
Warner Off Roster 2000
AmbrosiaAmbrosia
Remastered
Warner Off Roster 2000
Ambrosia Side One Your The Only Woman Side Two How Much I Feel Low S US $4.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia How Much I Feel New 45 Same Song Both Sides Low S & H US $4.00 [0 bids]
1970's CD America EXILE Ace PLAYER Orleans POCO Pablo Cruise JIM CROCE Ambrosia US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Anthology - Ambrosia US $6.18 Buy It Now 2h 51m
AMBROSIA "One Eighty" 1980 Warner Bros. WB Record Album Vinyl LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Ambrosia/Somewhere I've Never Travelled * by Ambrosia (CD, Oct-2012, 2 Discs,... US $17.19 Buy It Now 3h 24m
AMBROSIA Self Titled LP NM- PROMO W/ Insert T-434 US $22.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
AMBROSIA ~ ROAD ISLAND ~ WARNER BROS 3638 US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Ambrosia Magical Mystery Tour 7" Single US $7.24 Buy It Now 6h 22m
33 LP Record Ambrosia "One Eighty" WB #BSK-3368 US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
AMBROSIA "NO BIG DEAL / SAME" 45 PROMO NEAR MINT US $3.50 Buy It Now 8h 25m
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL / READY FOR CAMARILLO" 45 MINT US $4.75 Buy It Now 8h 26m
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN / SHAPE I'M IN" 45 MINT US $4.75 Buy It Now 8h 26m
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME / LIVIN ON MY OWN" 45 MINT US $3.50 Buy It Now 8h 36m
AMBROSIA "OUTSIDE / MONO" 45 PROMO MINT US $2.00 Buy It Now 8h 41m
AMBROSIA HOW MUCH I FEEL NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 235 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Ambrosia, Christopher Cross, Little River Band & 2 Air Supply albums-5 in total US $3.49 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 7" PS JAPAN HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME i722 US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Vintage Record 7" 45 rpm Ambrosia WB GWB0394 Biggest Part & You're the Only ... US $6.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Lot of (11) 45s MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR/HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY/OUTSIDE + US $29.77 Buy It Now 11h 59m
LP vinyl AMBROSIA self titled album 1975 US $3.00 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me/Hits CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 13h 3m
PETER KATER - HEALING SERIES 3: AMBROSIA NEW CD US $21.04 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Ambrosia Anthology CD BMG Direct US $4.75 Buy It Now 16h 12m
Ambrosia - Anthology CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Ambrosia - Pevensey Nlz CD US $24.68 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Joe Morris Fernandezgust - Ambrosia CD US $18.65 Buy It Now 17h
AMBROSIA 45 RECORD LIVIN' ON MY OWN-BIGGEST PART OF ME US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 10m
Ambrosia "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" (origami pyramid) Record Album US $10.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA SELF TITLED 33 rpm record album US $3.50 Buy It Now 19h 32m
AmBrosia Life Beyonad LA Warner Bros BSK 3126 US $2.97 Buy It Now 22h 15m
45 Record AMBROSIA - NO BIG DEAL - NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 16m
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LA 1978 LP ps WB vinyl Record Ready For Camarillo US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 38m
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled LP Harvey Cowboy Star And The Brunt US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 39m
AMBROSIA S/T 8 Track tape US $12.88 Buy It Now 23h 50m
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A 8 track tape 1978 Warner Brothers US $8.88 Buy It Now 23h 54m
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled 8 track tape US $12.88 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled (20th Century T-510) LP vinyl US $5.75 [0 bids]
"LIFE BEYOND L.A." AMBROSIA LP EXCELLENT CONDITION FAST SHIPPING US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA life beyond LA LP Record SEALED RARE 1978 US $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia: Holdin' On to Yesterday / Make Us All Aware [New and unplayed] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia~One Eighty~12" Vinyl Record Album~1980~Warner Bros. Records~BSK 3368 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia~Life Beyond LA~12" Vinyl Record~1978~Warner Bros. Records~BSK 3135 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. LP album 1978 Warner Ambrosia vinyl! US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JOE MORRIS / AGUSTI FERNANDEZ - AMBROSIA (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia How Much I Feel/Ready For Camarillo name on label (C345) US $0.49 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Instrumentalizm AMBROSIA FREUDIANA ELTON JOHN US $3.99 [0 bids]
Player-Spies Of Life CD JAPAN OBI AOR Peter Beckett Ambrosia Bricklin Boulevard US $34.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia If Heaven Could Find Me long & short version US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia No Big Deal US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia How Can You Love Me US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA- "ANTHOLOGY" US $6.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia...Road Island...rare sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - How can you love me UK 7" PIC DISC RALPH US $7.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Road Island - Rare New OOP Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.a. LP 10 Track With Inner (k56525) UK Warner Bros 1978 US $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
ALL THIS AND WORLD WAR 2 Various DOUBLE LP 28 Track Double Featuring Ambrosia,el US $8.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Somewhere I've Never Travelled EX vinyl pyramid Alan Parsons G jacket US $6.99 [0 bids]
CASSETTE YULETIDE AMBROSIA VARIOUS ARTISTS 1992 SONY OOP RARE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia: You're The Only Woman (You And I) / Shape I'm In 7" 45 NM USA US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LESTER YOUNG SEALED LP The President, Volume 6 - Ambrosia AMB-60 US $19.75 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA .. ONE EIGHTY .. WB LP 1980 US $3.25 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - "How Can You Love Me" -7" Picture disc RALPH STEADMAN -- MINT US $7.96 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - One Eighty - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Self Titled Vinyl LP 20th Century Records BT434 1975 US $16.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Road Island LP Ralph Steadman Art US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Ambrosia GP-393 LP Ah0205 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia: "Nice, Nice, Very Nice" - her '75 Soul hit - DJ copy - Near Mint! US $8.50 Buy It Now 2 days
100 HITS ULTIMATE 80'S-STARSHIP/ASIA/MOTELS/AMBROSIA/FIXX/STRAY CATS (6 DISCS CD US $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Road Island Record LP Warner Bros Rock VG++ Promo Inner Sleeve US $12.60 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA 1975 LP(20TH CENTURY434 STEREO) US $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour Spain 45 with Picture Sleeve 20th Century US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA**1975-1982: THE ESSENTIALS**CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - B IGGEST PART OF ME - 45rpm (M3) US $1.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Together (K-Tel NU 9470) Peaches & Herb/Commodores/Eric Carmen/Ambrosia/Dr. Hook US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Pack Anywhere You Go Ambrosia WPCR-10509 1999 WARNER JAPAN US $39.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition CD US $23.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Still Not Satisfied / How Can You Love Me 7" 45 - Warner Bros. - Voc US $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - You're The Only Woman (You & I) / Shape I'm In 7" 45 - Warner Bros. US $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia by A Reminiscent Drive (CD, Apr-2000, F Communications) US $12.88 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - "Self Titled - 1st" LP 1975 1st US PROMO (20th Century) - ORIG COVER US $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia: How Much I Feel NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - AMBROSIA/SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED * - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.13 Buy It Now 2 days
V/A @2 CDs LIVE (The Beatles,Utopia,Nazz,Alan Parsons Project,Heart,Who,Ambrosia US $16.95 [0 bids]
COAST TO COAST Ambrosia Jimmy Buffet, Johnny Rivers... WARNER BROS XFM 3490 EX US $5.35 Buy It Now 2 days
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Magical Mystery Tour (1976) GERMANY PS / BEATLES-Cover US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA ANTHOLOGY CD SEALED! US $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia/ Warner Brothers BSK-3181/ Near Mint US $3.50 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Vinyl 33 LP Music Record Album VG+ 1978 US $5.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Holdin' On to Yesterday/Make Us All Aware, 20th Centur 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
I Oughtta Give You A Shot In The Head cd Shivare 1999 12tk Ambrosia Parsley US $1.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia/ONE EIGHTY (Japan /Sealed with OBI) US $59.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Road Island REMASTERED IMPORT CD David Pack WOW US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID PACK 1985 Anywhere You Go LP Ambrosia Kansas Michael McDonald Ernie Watts US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA rare PROMO QUIEX II Audiophile EP from 1982 (WB PRO-A-1024) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.07 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.07 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA No Big Deal ((**NEW 45 DJ**)) from 1980 US $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia Life Beyond LA BSK 3135 US $8.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - No Big Deal (Edit) / Same - Promo 7" 45 - Warner Bros. - Vocal Pop US $3.60 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated Ambrosia , and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seem ... (read more)

Report this review (#265973) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."