LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

Life Beyond L.A.-The Deluxe EditionLife Beyond L.A.-The Deluxe Edition
Friday Music 2015
Life Beyond L.A. by AmbrosiaLife Beyond L.A. by Ambrosia
Wea International
AMBROSIA 45 RPM Life Beyond L.A. / SAMEAMBROSIA 45 RPM Life Beyond L.A. / SAME
Warner Bros. (Promo)
Vinyl$5.00 (used)
LIFE BEYOND L.A. - AMBROSIA (8-TRACK)LIFE BEYOND L.A. - AMBROSIA (8-TRACK)
Vinyl$9.90 (used)
life beyond l.a. / angola 45 rpm singlelife beyond l.a. / angola 45 rpm single
Vinyl$6.00 (used)
life beyond l.a. / mono 45 rpm singlelife beyond l.a. / mono 45 rpm single
Vinyl$6.00 (used)

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. 33 RPM BSK3135 092416LLE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. USD $1.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. * IN CELO w/ HTPE STICKER USD $5.98 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. 8 track tape USD $1.99 Buy It Now 15h
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA NR 23 SUPERDISC 1/2 SPEED AUDIOPHILE LP USD $6.79 Buy It Now 1 day
LP AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA **NM VINYL** 22 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA & ROAD ISLAND SEALED ORIGINAL WARNER BROTHER Analog LP USD $59.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond LA Vinyl LP Used Rock Pop USD $0.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. record album LP USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP Record RARE 1978 USD $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 1978 33 rpm LP Album BSK 3135 How Much I Feel HEAR IT USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA, LIFE BEYOND LA, WARNER BROTHERS BSK3135, 1978, NEAR MINT (NM) VINYL LP USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Rock Lp Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. On Warner Bros. USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AIR SUPPLY - LOST IN LOVE / AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. - CLASSIC 80'S LP'S USD $12.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia : Life Beyond L.A. 12" LP - 1978 W.B. BSK3135 USD $4.45 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA**LIFE BEYOND L.A.**2 CD SET USD $26.95 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP Nautilus NR 23 US 1978 NM- USD $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia life beyond LA USD $1.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. LP USD $3.96 Buy It Now 7 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. LP - 1978 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS RECORDS LP USD $6.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Ambrosia-Life Beyond L.A.-1978-33 1/3 rpm LP-NM/EX USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L. A. LP NM Nautilus Half Speed Audiophile Near Mint USD $19.61 Buy It Now 8 days
AMBROSIA / LIFE BEYOND LA USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Life Beyond L.A., Ambrosia,Very Good, vinyl with cover art- VG/VG-aged collecti USD $7.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Ambrosia, Life Beyond LA, Album,1978 Warner Bros Records LP,Vinyl, Angola USD $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Ultra Rare AMBROSIA "LIFE BEYOND L.A." Japan IMPORT CD BRAND NEW with OBI STRIP USD $68.99 Buy It Now 10 days
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP 1978 Warner BSK 3135 picture lyric liner 1st press USD $4.48 Buy It Now 10 days
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B. 3135) ('78) with "How Much I Feel") USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Ambrosia "Life Beyond LA" Vinyl Record LP 1978 Warner Bros. Records Notched USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP OOP late-70's soft-rock USD $2.99 Buy It Now 14 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. - URUGUAY USD $30.00 Buy It Now 15 days
AMBROSIA ~ LIFE BEYOND L.A. ~ 8 TRACK TAPE ~ NEW SEALED! USD $9.75 Buy It Now 15 days
Ambrosia~Life Beyond LA~12" Vinyl Record~1978~Warner Bros. Records~BSK 3135 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP USD $6.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. LP album 1978 Warner Ambrosia vinyl! USD $12.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Life Beyond L.A. [Deluxe Edition] by Ambrosia (CD, Apr-2013, 2 Discs, Relayer... USD $18.93 Buy It Now 17 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A.-The Deluxe Edition (Ori [CD New] USD $22.37 Buy It Now 17 days
Ambrosia Lp Life Beyond La Ex Disc USD $3.99 Buy It Now 17 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 1978 LP Vinyl Warner Bros Records Soft Classic Rock USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A 8 track tape 1978 Warner Brothers USD $6.88 Buy It Now 18 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. TESTED 8 TRACK TAPE USD $1.49 Buy It Now 18 days
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND LA rock vinyl LP USD $8.98 Buy It Now 19 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond LA - with inner - Vinyl Lp - Free UK Post USD $16.36 Buy It Now 20 days
Life Beyond L.A. [LP] by Ambrosia (Vinyl, Warner Bros. ) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. LP Album USD $1.94 Buy It Now 21 days
8 TRACK TAPE -- AMBROSIA--LIFE BEYOND L.A---- 1 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 21 days
8 TRACK TAPE -- AMBROSIA--LIFE BEYOND L.A USD $0.99 Buy It Now 21 days
AMBROSIA - "Life Beyond LA" LP - 1978 ORIG 1st US PROMO w/ INNER - No UPC USD $14.88 Buy It Now 21 days
Life Beyond L.A. [Deluxe Edition] by Ambrosia USD $29.72 Buy It Now 22 days
Ambrosia" Life Beyond LA. 1978 USD $3.50 Buy It Now 22 days
Ambrosia, Life Beyond L.A., Excellent Original recording reissued USD $10.19 Buy It Now 22 days
AMBROSIA/LIFE BEYOND L.A. w/OBI PROMO JPN P10563W USD $20.00 Buy It Now 22 days
NEW Ambrosia Life Beyond LA 8 Track Cassette Tape RARE SEALED 1978 USD $28.88 Buy It Now 23 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 1978 CLASSIC ROCK / AOR LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 24 days
5 AMBROSIA, LIFE BEYOND L.A ALBUM ADVERT 12X5 USD $7.78 Buy It Now 24 days
Ambrosia / Life Beyond L.A. / 1978 / Warner Bros. BSK-3135 / Inner Sleeve-Lyrics USD $3.02 Buy It Now 24 days
AMBROSIA "LIFE BEYOND L.A." 45 RPM USD $4.49 Buy It Now 25 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A 1992 WARNER BROS WPCP-4802 MADE IN JAPAN RARE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 25 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A 1992 WARNER BROS WPCP-4802 JAPAN OBI RARE AUDIOPHILE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 25 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A.LP Boston Foreigner Cars Chicago / Warner Bros '78 USD $8.44 Buy It Now 26 days
Ambrosia "Life Beyond L.A." USD $8.99 Buy It Now 26 days
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND LA:DELUXE EDITION CD NEW USD $25.38 Buy It Now 26 days
AMBROSIA - Life Beyond L.A. CD JAPAN WPCP-4802 OBI 1992 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
"VINTAGE VINYL" Ambrosia , Life Beyond L.A., 1978 Album USD $3.99 Buy It Now 27 days
33 RPM LP Record Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. 1978 Warner Bros Records BSK 3135 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Ambrosia, Life Beyond L.A., Warner Bros, 1978, Prog Rock USD $10.00 Buy It Now 27 days
VINYL LP AMBROSIA -LIFE BEYOND LA WARNER BROS. 1978 BSK-3135 PIC SLEEVE USD $12.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Warner Brothers BSK 3135 LP Vinyl Record /LA USD $9.76 Buy It Now 28 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG+ 1978 WB BSK 3135 TML USD $6.99 Buy It Now 29 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA 8 Track Tape w/ Case 1978 WB M8 3135 USD $7.88 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(30%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Review by TCat
4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seems so much more natural and is so much more enjoyable to me. The title track is a strong opener and puts the listener in the mood for the rest of the album. "Art Beware" has some good prog elements and a really good harmonica solo and this short song leads into the next track "Apothecary" which is a really nice jazz-tinged song. The next three tracks, Ambrosia gives into commericialism, and even though they might be nice songs and better than a lot of commercial aritists, they are bland compared to Ambrosia's better works. Angola is an interesting song with a lot of humor to keep it interesting and an intentional "over the top" instrumental in the middle. "Heart to Heart" is a beautiful ballad which I feel would have been a great radio track, but I don't believe it was ever released as a single. "Not as You Were" is a stupid throw-away track. "Ready of Camarillo" ranks up there as one of their best ever tracks which shows that they still were inspired by love of music more than money. If all the songs were of this caliber on this album, then it definately would have been considered essential, but because of the inconsistency of excellent tracks and bland tracks intermixed on this album, it only gets 4 stars.
Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated Ambrosia , and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."