LIFE BEYOND L.A.

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Life Beyond L.A. (4:47)
2. Art Beware (2:15)
3. Apothecary (4:53)
4. If Heaven Could Find Me (4:28)
5. How Much I Feel (4:44)
6. Dancin' By Myself (4:42)
7. Angola (3:52)
8. Heart to Heaven (2:49)
9. Not as You Were (3:52)
10. Ready for Camarillo (4:55)

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. tabs

- Joe Puerta / lead vocals, bass guitar and guitars on "Heart to Heart"
- David Pack / lead vocals, guitars, acoustic and electric keyboards
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion & vocals

Additional Personnel:
- Brother Christopher North / piano on "Camarillo", organ on "Heaven" and "Camarillo"
- Joe Sample / piano on "Apothecary" and "Heaven"
- David Cutler Lewis / piano on "Art Beware", Rhodes and clavinet on "Dancin'", mini-solo on "Not As You Were"
- Cliff Woolley / harmonica on "Art Beware"
- Marty Krystall / sax on "Dancin'"
- Daniel Kobialka / violin on "Heart to Heart"

Warner Brothers

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Bros / Wea 1997
Ambrosia - The EssentialsAmbrosia - The Essentials
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
AmbrosiaAmbrosia
Remastered
Warner Off Roster 2000
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Ambrosia - Ambrosia LP IN SHRINK Original Issue with insert US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 48s
10CC / AMBROSIA hudson brothers / travis wammack 7" Thai Only Lp VG+ FT 234 US $120.00 Buy It Now 44m 34s
AMBROSIA How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo 7" 45 claasic rock ballad US $0.76 [0 bids]
1h
Ambrosia LP / Life Beyond L.A. US $0.98 [0 bids]
Ambrosia: One Eighty (LP) US $2.25 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - SELF TITLED LP - WITH LYRICS INSERT - 1975 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia One Eighty Original Sleeve US $8.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Life Beyond LA Original Sleeve US $7.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED 9209-510 LP CANADA US $3.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 IN SHRINK (75%) CANADA US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - Can't Let A Woman, ALAN PARSONS, NM 45,1976 PROMO 20th Century 2310 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
AMBROSIA Road Island LP EX+! WB 1982 US $11.24 Buy It Now 4h 10m
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Factory Sealed LP - Ambrosia ~ Road Island US $6.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 4 Light Rock Albums: Asia, Ambrosia, REO Speedwagon, Dan Hartman US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia How Much I Feel New 45 Same Song Both Sides Low S & H US $4.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Side One Your The Only Woman Side Two How Much I Feel Low S US $4.00 [0 bids]
David Pack Anywhere You Go CD *NEW US '06 Ambrosia Michael McDonald James US $79.95 Buy It Now 13h 30m
Ambrosia 1975 S/T Debut CD US SEALED David Pack Alan Parsons Very Nice 1st Album US $59.95 Buy It Now 13h 30m
Ambrosia Vinyl 12" LP Record 1975 20th Century Records w/Lyrics Insert US $3.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me / Livin' On My Own - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA STANDING ROOM ONLY LIVE CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Ambrosia One Eighty Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $5.00 [0 bids]
TOTO - IV - Rare MasterSound 24k GOLD SBM Audiophile CD SS - 4 Four Ambrosia US $184.85 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Standing Room Only by Ambrosia (CD, Mar-2007, Custom) US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 18m
AMBROSIA LP LIFE BEYOND L.A. WARNER BROTHERS 3135 US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 20m
Ambrosia ?- Ambrosia US $1.99 Buy It Now 18h 31m
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. 1978 JAPAN CD OBI 2100yen US $35.99 Buy It Now 19h 54m
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Ambrosia - How Much I Feel - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 24m
David Pack's Anywhere You Go Vinyl LP Record Album -- Ambrosia Band Member US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Ambrosia "One Eighty" Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h
Ambrosia 45 "Biggest Part Of Me / Livin' On Me Own" US $5.24 Buy It Now 23h 57m
Ambrosia 45 Ready For Camarillo/How Much I Feel Warner Bros. Records 1978 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA PLAYER CHRISTOPHER CROSS MICHAEL FRANKS AOR BEST 2 CD JAPAN B5707 US $16.50 [0 bids]
7" JAPAN WHITE DOUBLE PROMO AMBROSIA OUTSIDE + JOHN BARRY INSIDE MOVES THEME US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Pevensey Nlz [CD New] US $21.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - How much i feel -Very Good + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Traveled NM T-510 EB846 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia "One Eighty" ROCK LP US $4.31 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - RARE PROMO- LIFE BEYOND L. A. US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Road Island LP US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA~ Promo~ Self Titled LP US $20.64 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA & ROAD ISLAND SEALED ORIGINAL WARNER BROTHER Analog LP US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia 45 "Ready For Camarillo / How Much I Feel" US $5.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia *self-titled 1975 CD (Japanese release by Warner Music WPCR-1049 ) US $34.97 [0 bids]
Ambrosia A Reminiscent Drive MUSIC CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 45 RPM US $1.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Much I Feel & Other Hits (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.80 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA**ROAD ISLAND (REMASTERED)**CD US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life Beyond LA 1978 1st TML Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $7.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Holdin' On To Yesterday / Make Us All Aware (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia [Remaster] by Ambrosia (CD, Feb-2000, Warner Bros.) OOP - [LIKE NEW] US $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $17.08 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $17.08 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME (WBS49225) great record! US $1.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP Record RARE 1978 US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. FACTORY SEALED 8 TRACK TAPE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia "How Much I Feel" promotional 45 RPM record mono side & stereo side US $2.90 [0 bids]
~ AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: ONE EIGHTY 1980 Warner Brothers BSK3368 in shrink EX-/EX- US $1.99 [0 bids]
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $41.03 Buy It Now 2 days
NOS AMBROSIA......IF HEAVEN COULD FIND ME US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Somewhere I've Never Travelled by Ambrosia = VINYL LP = Die-Cut Cover US $7.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Inside Moves-ost-wb-lp-*partially Sealed*-ambrosia-3506 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA, AMBROSIA US $4.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA-SELF TITLED WITH INSERT-20TH CENTURY T-434 NO BARCODES VG+/VG LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - One Eighty Vinyl US $0.99 [1 bids]
Ambrosia - Don't Worry - Shelter - 2005 #218144 US $6.82 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - Life beyond L.A. LP Warner Bros Records US US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "Anthology" Warner Bros./9 45163 2 (CD, 1997) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia 45 Life Beyond L.A. - PROMO rpm 7" vinyl US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia 45 Biggest Part of Me / Livinon My Own rpm 7" vinyl US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia 45 How Much I Feel / Ready for Camarillo rpm 7" vinyl US $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
(CD) AMBROSIA - Somewhere I've Never Travelled US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Excellent 1976 Progressive Rock LP - AMBROSIA " 1st Self Titled LP" 20th Century US $0.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 45 RPM Shape I'm In - You're The Only Woman ROCK HEAR! WBS49508 US $2.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA .. LIFE BEYOND LA .. WB LP 1978 US $3.55 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA How Can You Love Me JAPAN 7"EP PROMO P-1647 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - HOW MUCH I FEEL AND OTHER HITS [090431848623] - NEW CD US $6.31 Buy It Now 3 days
The Fields Of Ambrosia - 1996 Original London Cast LP US $46.86 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA**AMBROSIA/SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED**2 CD SET US $20.50 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR - PORTUGAL 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR-COWBOY STAR 45 VG+ ROCK 1976 US $1.49 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Ambrosia ita jazz 1986 US $43.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia: Life Beyond LA (EX/EX) US $4.26 [0 bids]
45 AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me/Livin' On my Own w/ WB 49225 sleeve US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 Record #8640 VG+ How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia ~45~ No Big Deal / Cryin' In The Rain 1980 M- US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
5 Album Lot Ambrosia, Wings, Barbra Streisand, A La Carte. Buy 3 Get 1 FREE US $8.50 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo |45| - JB Tag - Ships WORLDWIDE! US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia One Eighty Original LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA LP Nautilus NR 23 US 1978 NM- US $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia/ Anthology... US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia 45 Cryin' In The Rain / No Big Deal US $2.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA-SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELL~-JAPAN SHM-CD ttt US $38.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia Road Island Vinyl LP + Inner Sleeve - EX US $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
NOS AMBROSIA.....HOW MUCH I FEEL US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - USED VINYL LP (1980 WB BSK 3368) US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars With this third album, I now recognize the Ambrosia, as I always knew they were. Some sort of well made soft-rock that populated the charts at the end of the 70's but was never my cup of tea. I was never fascinated by this cross of America (the group) , Fleetwood Mac (Rumors era), Steely Dan and Doobie Bros (the later period with Michael McDonald) and so many more.

Gone are the Steely Dan-sounding proggy tunes of the first two albums, and here we fall in a really tedious run-of-the-mill FM rock where every song feels like the previous one and the next one. I could simply not be bothered to listen to the album as a whole because this type of music is simply irritating me, and once in the middle of the songs, I skipped to the next one (but I did force myself to try the album twice).

If you are interested in investigating Ambrosia, check-out the first two albums but avoid this at all cost as well as the following albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I never really appreciated Ambrosia , and it was a surprise to discover them on PA.

Prog related. Hummm. Well, I am still looking for the relation to be honest. American FM music fits much better to the description of their output (even their first two albums were really borderline IMO). But this effort tops them with no doubt.

Funky moods during the title track, jazzy mixture for "Apothecary", I have to say that this album is far from the idea I have of prog related music. Syrupy stuff there is. Too much. I really can't stand such a basic pop affair ("If Heaven Could Find Me") but the worst of all is "How Much I Feel". Some sort of Motown track. Press next as soon as you can to avoid it.

Unfortunately, what's next is just the same poor stuff with the same characteristics. Not even basic US rock music. It is just a collage of weak songs all the way through. Ouch! It hurts! I think I was wrong when I thought that "How Much I Feel" was the worst song of all: "Angola" definitely deserves this title. It is another press next type of song.

But there are hardly anything positive to retain out here. Just pass your way and don't spend any time, or any euro for this very poor album. One star, what else?

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

4 stars This was Ambrosia's 3rd release, and even though it didn't come close to their amazing debut album, I think it was stronger and better than the 2nd release "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" which I feel was too forced. I know that seems to be opposite of what others think, but LBL.A. just seem ... (read more)

Report this review (#265973) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Completing the trilogy of worthwhile albums from Ambrosia is this. It also represents the beginning of the band's decline, although how low they would go is only slightly hinted at here. The album starts out strong with the title track (straight-ahead rock with synthesizers) and the subtle "Art Be ... (read more)

Report this review (#129589) | Posted by rsmoore | Saturday, July 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A."