Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise CD (album) cover

BLUE SKY NOISE

Circa Survive

Marty McFly
Crossover and E&O Teams
2 stars I abandoned concept of "genre of my liking" some time ago, so I can't say that I don't like this kind of music. Nah, the closest would probably be "The Dear Hunter" with performance similar to emo, only done in Prog way (variable, interesting, full of twists, yet melody hooks). Here, screaming and melody remains, but not much more. And I think that this kind of music works with you only if you like this kind of music. Otherwise, it's ranging from listenable and annoying with some interesting points. It's quite long album, 49 minutes + 16 minutes of bonuses (if you have release with them).

2(+), consider that 1)I have heard a lot of music like Circa Survive is making here (genre popular these days), 2)There's not much Prog in this music, if there is something 3)it's quite repetitive. No from me on this one.

Marty McFly | 2/5 |