Gryphon - Treason CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

Tonny Larz
4 stars This is "far" from early Gryphon records....still i think this is a great album!! Why? Well... im am very fond of my early Gryphon records....with their folk/rock trimmings. That said.. i think that this outing is might say they´re popish/rockish....but still, underneat it all, there is still Gryphon as we know them!! I must say...the more i hear this record, the more i love it...there are still the expert musicianship (..ohh.yes there are!)and the vocal- arrangements are even better than before!! Just listen to track 2 " Round and round" ahh..those wonderful voices..and still there is recorders,horn,oboe along with guitars.. and keyboards.....actually the more i listen to this album...did i mention this?? Nevermind...this IS a great record......there are hints of Gentle giant/Greenslade and of course Gryphon. Ok.....this is Gryphon of this age.......please give it a try ....its not bad at all !! 4 stars.....mostly because it took me by surprise...secondly because its that good!!!
Tonny Larz | 4/5 |