Pink Floyd - The Early Singles CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars I didn't realize that this was ever a separate release, although I got mine as a promo from the Sony rep back when the "Shine On" box came out. This collection is from the early Pink Floyd albums, as the title should tell you. The songs are proto prog, in a similar (but better) vein than bands like Tomorrow, Giles Giles & Fripp and the like.

These are the early singles and B-sides, a few of which I'm not familiar with from anywhere else. So just for that the album is worthwhile. You get some small glimpses of the sound the Floyd would ride to stardom. And the sound is quite good.

Evolver | 4/5 |