Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side CD (album) cover

IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Blind Guardian

arcane-beautiful
5 stars This was my first Blind Guardian album, and I'm really I started with their best...well at least I think so...

This album is just a perfect metal album, with no filler, consistency throughout, and just kick ass songs.

This album does at times get a bit of contraversy, due to Hansi's vocals and the slight turn in a different musical direction...but I believe its for the better.

Hansi's vocals are quite growly and screamy at times, and I think it does it to a great musical effect, making the descants orgasmic and adds to an amazing atmosphere. The music is alot more "proggy" in a sense, and the songs are more epic and diverese (thank God they kept the speed throughout, not putting any blame on their new album...well maybe a little)

This will always be my favourite Blind Guardian album...until I find a better one...haha

1. Imaginations From The Other Side - One of the greatest metal songs ever made in my opinion. Just so epic and amazing, with lyrics realting to fantast stuff. Great musicianship throughout. 10/10

2. I'm Alive - Quite an eerie chorus, but kick ass nontheless. 10/10

3. A Past & Future Secret - They always have a song like this, and it isn't bad...but do they really need it. 8/10

4. The Script For My Requiem - Amazing chorus, with some epic moments. The lyrics I think are about the crusades. 10/10

5. Mordred's Song - One of the most underlooked Blind Guardain songs in my opinion. What a chorus and what an atmosphere throughout. 10/10

6. Born In A Mouring Hall - Pretty interesting arrangment. Quite odd at times, but it makes up for it. 9/10

7. Bright Eyes - Cool vocal arrangment and a nice chorus. 10/10

8. Another Holy War - Their most kick ass song, in my opinion. 10/10

9. And The Story Ends - What an outro to an album. Very epic indeed, with a quite beautifull chorus. 10/10

CONCLUSION: Their best. Listen to it, and learn...

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |