IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Blind Guardian

Blind Guardian Imaginations from the Other Side album cover

Buy BLIND GUARDIAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Imaginations from the Other Side (7:18)
2. I'm alive (5:31)
3. A past and future secret (3:47)
4. The script for my requiem (6:08)
5. Mordred's song (5:28)
6. Born in a mourning hall (5:14)
7. Bright eyes (5:15)
8. Another Holy War (4:31)
9. And the Story Ends (5:59)

Total: 49:11

Search BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations from the Other Side lyrics

Search BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations from the Other Side tabs

- Hansi Kürsch / vocals, bass
- André Olbrich / guitars, vocals
- "Magnus" Armin Siepen / guitars, vocals
- Thomen "The Omen" Stauch / drums

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

BLIND GUARDIAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations from the Other Side Music

Imaginations From the Other SideImaginations From the Other Side
Remastered · Extra tracks
Century Media 2009
Imaginations From the Other Side by Blind Guardian [Music CD]Imaginations From the Other Side by Blind Guardian [Music CD]
Imports
Blind Guardian: Imaginations From The Other Side CD 2009 Remaster Bonus Tks NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
@ CD Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side / VIRGIN RECORDS 1995 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side CD 1995 JAPAN VICP-5519 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side +2 / Japan CD / 1995 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLIND GUARDIAN 1995 CD - Imaginations From The Other Side - Early Press.OOP.RARE USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Blind Guardian 2-1 Imaginations from the other side / Mirror mirror USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BLIND GUARDIAN "Imaginations from the other side"ORG cd 95 Victor, made in Japan USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BLIND GUARDIAN IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE ORIG 1995 ITALY CD VIRGIN USD $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side - CD Only USD $6.33 Buy It Now 7 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE - RMST U.K. IMPORT CD+3 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE REMASTERED JAPAN IMPORT CD+5 USD $52.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side / Mirror Mirror (Agat Rec) Rus USD $23.00 Buy It Now 10 days
BLIND GUARDIAN IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE JPN CD USD $17.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Blind Guardian Imaginations From The Other Side Thai Cassette Seal OOP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Blind Guardian Imaginations From The Other Side+2 Japan CD w/obi 1st pr VICP8142 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 18 days
BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations From The Other Side + 2 CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
BLIND GUARDIAN/ IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Imaginations from the Other Side by Blind Guardian (CD, May-2009, CMA) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side - 9979312 USD $13.95 Buy It Now 23 days
BLIND GUARDIAN IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE NEW RARE (CD, May-2009, CMR) OOP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 24 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE USD $13.04 Buy It Now 24 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE +2, 1995 JAPAN CD 1st PRESS USD $18.79 Buy It Now 25 days
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side [CD New] USD $15.64 Buy It Now 26 days
Imaginations From The Other Side - Blind Guardian (2009, CD New) USD $13.90 Buy It Now 26 days
Imaginations from the Other Side - Blind Guardian New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre USD $25.22 Buy It Now 27 days
BLIND GUARDIAN - IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE (UK) NEW CD USD $22.83 Buy It Now 27 days
BLIND GUARDIAN IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE CD JAPAN OBI LIMTED +3 BT OOP USD $18.89 Buy It Now 27 days
BLIND GUARDIAN IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE CD JAPAN Slipcase Photo Book +2 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Blind Guardian / Imaginations from the Other Side JAPAN+2 w/Booklet 1ST PRESS B USD $34.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Blind Guardian Imaginations From The Other Side CD Holland Import 1995 RARE OOP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BLIND GUARDIAN music online Buy BLIND GUARDIAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLIND GUARDIAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations from the Other Side ratings distribution

BLIND GUARDIAN Imaginations from the Other Side reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars After the mediocre Somewhere far Beyond this was really a nice surprise. Produced by Flemming Rasmussen ( Metallica, Morbid Angel) at Sweet Silence Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark Imaginations from the Other Side was elaborate like no Blind Guardian album before it. The production skill used on this album is very professional and brings out the best in the music.

The elaborate and lavish title track kicks of the album. There are so many parts and leads on this track that it is almost a mini-epic. I heard in an interview it took them half a year to write this one track. The style hasn´t changed since the last album as this is still German Power Metal. But the execution of the project is much better. There are lots of layer of guitar, not unlike Metallica´s Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All. And Hansi´s vocals are really aggressive throughout the whole album. This is Blind Guardian´s most aggressive album, and the angry vocals might scare a prog head or two away.

It´s hard to pick out any song as they are all very well composed and performed, but the title track is a classic.

It´s hard to say if this album really has any prog relevance as this is essentially Heavy Metal. But the Symphonic sound and the many parts in the songs makes up for that more than enough.

It is a near flawless album, but 4 stars will do as Blind Guardian would be even better on later albums.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#148432) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 01, 2007

Review by Gatot
4 stars A critical milestone for the band .

In the mailing list of rock music community, i-Rock!, people are now discussing this power metal band from Germany. The discussion has been fruitful and compelling that led me respinning the CD of "Imaginations From The Other Side" album. Am not quite sure when did I purchase this album as I purchased most albums of Blind Guardian since I fell in love with "Nightfall in Middle Earth" album which blew me away and I gave this album with five stars rating at this site.

It is interesting to note that Lim Djoni, the guy who posted the topic of this band in i-Rock! music community mailing list, that he started loving Blind Guardian with this "Imaginations From The Other Side" because since this album the band's sound improved significantly than their previous albums. If that is the case then this album could be considered as important milestone for the band's career in metal scene. I am then curious to understand more about the music.

In fact, Lim Djoni is right .. I have seen the song of this album is different substantially Than previous one, say "Follow The Blind" but it's very similar in style with "Nightfall in Middle Earth" album. So, no wonder that I love this album.

The melody of songs in this album are all catchy and engaging especially when it combines the unique singing style of Hansi Kursch plus stunning guitar solo. I can feel from the opening track "Imaginations From The Other Side" until the closing track "And The Story Ends" all of them have catchy melody delivered mostly through vocal and choirs. Not only that. The flow of melody from one song to another track that follows flows beautifully and all of them build a cohesive album. The arrangements are also all excellent especially when combined with the nice melodies.

Another interesting thing is on the harmonies created by singing style of Hansi Kursch backed with well crafted choirs that follow are all excellent. When the vocal parts combined with the music, they all form beautifully crafted song. Take fourth track "The Script For My Requiem" which produces excellent harmonies has really made this song engaging the mind. Especially, when this song moves brilliantly to the next song "Mordred's Song" which starts nicely with acoustic guitar fills.

I have no doubt on musicianship of the band members in this album. They all have great songwriting skills that have been tested through their releases of excellent power metal albums. It's obvious that the virtuosities of lead guitar player are something of important to observe. The guitar sound is truly unique Blind Guardian and sounds really good. Overall performance is excellent.

Overall, I consider that this is one of well respected power metal bands that deserve the attention of metalheads in the globe. The composition is tight and the music is unique Blind Guardian sounds, and I have found no other band that sounds alike. This is an excellent power metal album. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#156884) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 27, 2007

4 stars "Imaginations From The Other Side" has this cool cover art of a gothic looking frame that is sitting on a desk, and in this frame you can see another world(the other side). On the rear cover you see the same frame but from the other side, so it's like your in this other world looking into the room. The title track lyrically speaks of how when you were a child you could use your imagination to see the tale that never ends, and speaks about Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Merlin the Magician and Frodo and the Ring. It talks about how we need to break down the walls around our hearts to see, to use our imaginations.

"Imaginations From The Other Side" opens with some haunting sounds before heavy drums pound before the guitars come flying in. Vocals a minute in as it settles briefly. A punishing soundscape follows with some ripping guitar after the chorus. Heavy drums and passionate vocals 5 1/2 minutes in. I really like the chorus. A thunderous intro greets us in "I'm Alive" before it calms down with acoustic guitar. It doesn't last long though as it is trampled underfoot by what sounds like a herd of buffalo.This is uptempo and heavy. I think they call this Power Metal. Haha. Very impressive track. "A Past And Future Secret" is an acoustic song with reserved vocals. Drums and flute join in.The vocals do get passionate at times later on. "The Script For My Requiem" opens with bass before drums stomp all over the soundscape. Vocals come in screaming. The drumming is outstanding on this one.

"Mordren's Song" opens with acoustic guitar and lighter vocals. It gets heavier but it's mid-paced and the drums aren't as dominant. Some great guitar comes and goes. "Born In A Mourning Hall" opens with thundering drums as guitar, followed by vocals join in. The vocals are rough and the drums and riffs are relentless. Some incredible guitar after 3 minutes.This is a crushing song. "Bright Eyes" along with the title track are my two favourites.This one opens with a dark atmosphere which I love before vocals and guitar start to build. A great chorus on this one. Riffs and screaming guitar after 3 minutes. "Another Holy War" is another uptempo song with relentless drums. Hansi offers up a great vocal performance here. "And The Story Ends" is a mid-paced powerful song with lots of crunch. This is an excellent closing track. Check out the drum / guitar melody 2 minutes in and at 4 minutes. The vocals and guitar really stand out on this one. Vocal melodies are a highlight as well.

Another winner from these German Power Metal gods. These guys really do create great lyrics to go with their pedal to the Metal style of playing.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#160994) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Review by The Crow
4 stars Is this the best Blind Guardian's album? In my opinion, along with "Nightfall on Middle Earth", is their best offering!

Clearly supasing the previous (but still very good) Somewhere Far Beyond, the band released their hardest album to date (it's still their most outrageous one...), with a lot of intrincated passages, and a lofty guitar work... The typical Blind Guardian's guitar sound started in some songs from Tales from the Twilight World, it was expanded in Somewhere Far Beyond, and here it was totally perfectionated.

Because in Imaginations from the Other Side we have a consolidated band. This great guitar sound and doubled guitar harmonies are the band's trademark, like the unique Hansi's voice... So in this album we have finally a Blind Guardian's album wich sounds just to Blind Guardian. Far are the times of the typical speed metal of the beginnings, and the obvious influences in Somewhere far Beyond... On Imaginations we have only this personal metal made by this germans. Speed riffing, long instrumental sections, medieval harmonies, lyrics about mithology and fantasy... Just Blind Guardian!

Being their hardest band's album, the keyboards are in a second place... They give the music a lot of textures and depth, but always in the shadows. The protagonists of the album are the incredible Olbrich and Siepen's guitars, and the broken Hansi's voice. So being this album very rich musically, I think it's a bit repetitive after a lot of listenings anyway... This is the only fact I think it's under the later Nightfall in Middle Earth, because this posterior effort is more variated. But in terms of quality, like I said, Imaginatios from the Other Side is still the best Blind Guardian's album.

Best Tracks: this album is short, so it has really no fillers... All the tracks are really impressive (although the hardest ones are not very different between them...) But my favourites are the tittle song (a very strong opening...), I'm Alive (I specially love the chorus...), Mordred's Song (maybe the best guitar harmonies of the album...) and And the Story Ends (an epic farewell...)

Conclusion: of all the amount of metal albums made by german bands through the 90's, Imaginations from the Other Side is undoubtly one of the best... It's powerful, it's progressive, and it's technically awesome. The four musicians were in top form, and they clearly surpased their previous efforts with this unique mixture between speed metal, power metal, medieval music and some classic heavy. So I recommend this album to every metal fan, both prog lovers or not. If you are into this kind of music, you'll surely enjoy this jewel called Imaginatios from the Other Side.

My rating: ****

Send comments to The Crow (BETA) | Report this review (#180929) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Review by Warthur
3 stars Blind Guardian's Imaginations From the Other Side is a forceful power metal album of the sort we've all come to expect from Blind Guardian... and that, in a way, is part of the reason why I feel it's a rather middling release from them. The performances are decent enough, but they and the songwriting are all more or less exactly along the lines we expect from power metal these days. The end product is clearly a highly polished one - but it's polished to the point of sounding sterile and artificial to my ears, an exercise in setting out a blueprint for Dragonforce and a horde of other super-fast power metal bands in the coming years as opposed to a creation of something genuine and sincere.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#620879) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 27, 2012

2 stars Imaginations from the Other Side ? 1995 (2.5/5) 9 ? Best Song: Bright Eyes Lo and behold, the band embraces power-prog with a vengeance. I'll assume all you Blind Guardian fans out there will love anything they release and totally ignore how you'd might as well just listen to the same Cd agai ... (read more)

Report this review (#441409) | Posted by Alitare | Sunday, May 01, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This was my first Blind Guardian album, and I'm really I started with their best...well at least I think so... This album is just a perfect metal album, with no filler, consistency throughout, and just kick ass songs. This album does at times get a bit of contraversy, due to Hansi's vocals a ... (read more)

Report this review (#358526) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Monday, December 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is one of my life long friends. I know all the songs by heart, and can hum along on every solo etc. etc.. I allways cheer up when songs from this album is selected by a shuffling media player. Although I do not have a populated list, I am sure this is one of my top ten metal albums. ... (read more)

Report this review (#290888) | Posted by VonZu | Sunday, July 18, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars There have been claims that this is the best Blind Guardian album, now while i can claim that this is a very very very very good album, i dont think it held my attention like some of the other ones did (one in particular anyway.) Like all Blind Guardian albums this does a fantastic job of blend ... (read more)

Report this review (#282417) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Monday, May 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLIND GUARDIAN "Imaginations from the Other Side"