Phrozenlight - Crusade CD (album) cover

CRUSADE

Phrozenlight

Progressive Electronic

colorofmoney91
2 stars Crusade is another album of droning emptiness that moves or progresses in no direction at all. After listening to a few great Phrozenlight releases, it's a real bummer that I have to come to this.

The drones aren't ear-piercing and loud like they have been on some releases, but they are stagnant and troublesome. It sounds like watching the air carry a particle of dust across a room, and that is the limit of the atmospheric enjoyment I personally get from this. But it definitely is soothing. I didn't find this album completely unenjoyable, because the soothing ambience does make me feel relaxed, but I can't say that's a enough for me to recommend this to anyone besides lovers of droning ambience with no particular color. If you want to hear great Phrozenlight, check out some of the earlier releases.

colorofmoney91 | 2/5 |