My Dying Bride - The Sexuality of Bereavement CD (album) cover

My Dying Bride

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

2 stars Strictly an EP made surplus to requirement through it's inclusion on the Trinity sampler. But let me add my 100 words long review to the database.

The song The Sexuality of Bereavement is from their funeral doom period. Slow, grinding pace with dissonant guitars and death grunts in addition to normal clear vocals. Funeral doom, but also very progressive. The connections to both Pink Floyd and Eloy is obvious. I regard this as a good prog rock song, although tinged with funeral doom.

The Crown of Sympathy is a bit faster than The Sexuality of Bereavement. But it still have this progressive edge. Altogether two good songs. But the widely available Trinity sampler has made this EP a collectors item only. The pretty abysmal sound does not make this a worthy purchase only. Hence my verdict.

2 stars