THE SEXUALITY OF BEREAVEMENT

Calvin Robertshaw - guitar
Adrian Jackson - bass
Martin Powell - violin, keyboard
Rick Miah - drums

This EP was only available to the Peaceville Collectors Club Series members and later included on the Trinity compilation album.

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement Music

Vinyl$29.98
Dreadful HourDreadful Hour
Remastered
Peaceville UK 2007
KATATONIA FOR FUNERALS TO COME CD 1995 AV009 anathema my dying bride opeth US $26.99 Buy It Now 34m 45s
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
My Dying Bride - I Am The Bloody Earth 12" 1st Press 2 Track EP US $19.10 [2 bids]
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium 12" 1st Press 2 Track EP US $19.10 [3 bids]
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers 12" Vinyl LP - 1st Press US $19.10 [3 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans Double 12" Vinyl Gatefold LP - 1st Press US $26.57 [3 bids]
CRADLE OF FILTH Embroidered Logo PATCH MY DYING BRIDE AT THE GATES DIMMU BORGIR US $5.39 Buy It Now 5h 45m
THE GARDNERZ Embroidered Logo PATCH My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $5.39 Buy It Now 5h 49m
MY DYING BRIDE "A Map of All Our Failures" 2LP 2012 Peaceville Records (Vinyl) US $33.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
MY DYING BRIDE Embroidered Logo PATCH ANATHEMA SOLSTICE BAL SAGOTH US $5.39 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
KUOLEMANLAAKSO- Tulijoutsen cd NEW Swallow The Sun Barren Earth My Dying Bride US $6.14 [3 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE- A Map Of All Our Failures cd NEW Swallow The Sun Paradise Lost US $1.64 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride For Lies I Sire CD 2009 Peaceville Records US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Turn Loose The Swans Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity CD 2004 doom collection Peaceville US $12.95 Buy It Now 11h 4m
My Dying Bride - Evinta 2CD 2011 digibook symphonic doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 11h 4m
My Dying Bride - A Map of All Our Failures CD 2012 doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 11h 4m
MY DYING BRIDE PATCH 2 US $4.97 Buy It Now 11h 18m
AVERNUS-Of the fallen cd OOP Novembers Doom Somnus My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE CASSETTE, Turn Loose The Swans, Futurist, Peaceville US $7.88 Buy It Now 12h 41m
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $62.57 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.45 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Meisterwerk V.2 by My Dying Bride (Digipak, Mar-2004, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $24.99 [0 bids]
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-my dying bride-paradise lost-melodic-doom US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 57m
MY DYING BRIDE - LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - NEW CD US $19.29 Buy It Now 16h 51m
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR LIES I SIRE NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - BONUS TRACK (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-OOP-melodic-doom-anathema-my dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 52m
MY DYING BRIDE I Am The Bloody Earth RARE 1994 OOP UK CD Single Ex/Ex Vile44TCD US $26.56 Buy It Now 22h 29m
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 3 Bonus Tracks CD (New) US $18.70 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA - CDVILEF324 US $12.94 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [CD New] US $13.86 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Japan+2) / 11 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity (Japan+1) / 10 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (Japan+1) / 8 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
BLOODSTOCK METAL FEST 2006 Programme MY DYING BRIDE DEATHSTARS PRIMAL FEAR US $1.64 [0 bids]
THERGOTHON Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Sothoth LP unholy demilich beherit my dying bride von US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville Records US $8.29 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Light At The End Of The World Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Digipack CD 2001 Peaceville US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Songs of Darkness Words of Light Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.29 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River cd sealed US $21.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Ashes you leave - The inheritance of sin CD 1st Press My dying bride Ophis US $30.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ORGAN FANZINE ISSUE 148 JAN 2006 - NINA HAGEN - LIARS - MY DYING BRIDE US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans Special Edition 2 CD Set 2013 Digibook NEW US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE KNELL - Harm (CD 2007) Doom Death Metal Esoteric Draconian My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE the thrash of naked limbs CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE i am the bloody earth CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE symphonaire infernus et spera... CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
My dying bride - like gods of the sun LP first press VILE 65 US $125.00 Buy It Now 1 day
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY-RELIC DANCES NEW LP MY DYING BRIDE DOOM/DEATH US $36.99 [0 bids]
MORGAIN Abandoned In The Forest... CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Kathatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans US $10.78 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A Map of All Our Failures US $12.91 Buy It Now 2 days
HEDON CRIES-HATE INTO GRIEF (2003 GR DOOM/DEATH DARK TRANQUILLITY MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - CDVILEF407 US $19.15 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [Vinyl New] US $43.39 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE logo LANYARD official licensed merchandise US $8.29 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE logo white/black SWEATBAND official merchandise US $8.29 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride "Turn Loose the Swans" 2013 2cd Special Edition Sealed Digibook US $15.76 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride "An Ode To Woe" Live 2 disc cd/dvd 2008 Sealed US $11.54 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride "Introducing" 2013 2cd set Sealed US $11.04 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [3 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $35.38 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Meisterwerk 1 Digipak US $40.00 [0 bids]
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (Cassette, Feb-1996, Fierce) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "Trinity" (1st press,VERY RARE!!!) Phlebotomized,Saturnus US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Onirophagus - Defiler of hope (pro cdr) MY DYING BRIDE AUTOPSY KATATONIA ASPHYX US $5.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CD 2006 PEACEVILLE doom gothic metal US $0.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Trinity:T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [2 DISCS] [801056832429] - NEW CD BOXSET US $23.03 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $61.47 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST PRINTED PATCH MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA KATATONIA MOONSPELL CEMETARY US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Tape US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Light at the end of the World - Tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride For Darkest Eyes Dvd Videoes And Live 1996 US $4.68 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Manuscript EP 2013 US $8.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST Gothic LP ORG UK First Press MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA MOONSPELL US $39.90 [1 bids]
DRACONIAN - RARE LIVE IN TEL AVIV FLYER 2009 ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe [CD New] US $38.36 Buy It Now 3 days
TIAMAT Clouds era logo patch anathema my dying bride dark tranquility US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CELESTIAL SEASON - SOLAR LOVERS CD DRACONIAN MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARDENIAN SOULBURNER PROMO CD 1999 NEAR MINT OOP HTF MY DYING BRIDE LEAVES EYES US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF R1) US $16.52 Buy It Now 3 days
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.50 Buy It Now 3 days
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [2LP] - 2013- New & Sealed US $30.40 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN + 2 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The angel and the dark river (SIGNED/Autographed!!) US $29.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Voice of the Wretched PROMO (CD, 2002) Peaceville metal doom US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars "The Sexuality of Bereavement" is a 7 inch vinyl single which was originally only available to the Peaceville Records "Collectors Club" Series members. The single features two tracks distributed over a 19:14 minutes long playing time. "The Sexuality of Bereavement" was recorded during the sessions for "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)" but was not included on the final version of the album. The second track on the single is a remix of "The Crown of Sympathy" from the same album. Both tracks are also available on the "Trinity (1995)" compilation album, which of course means that this single is a collector´s item if you already have the compilation. Both tracks are also available on various EPs and singles as well as featured as bonus tracks on special editions of "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)" and "The Angel and the Dark River (1995)".

"The Sexuality of Bereavement" is what I´d call a typical "didn´t make the cut" kinda track. It´s still a good song but I can´t see it replacing any of the tracks on "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)". The remix version of "The Crown of Sympathy", which is also featured on the "I Am the Bloody Earth (1994)" EP is not a version that does the original much justice IMO. Backwards recorded drums, which feature an annoying reverb laden effect and just a general powerless feeling, makes this remix version pretty much unlistenable to me. I´ve tried many times over the years to see if I would change my mind about this version of the song, but nothing has changed. I just can´t appreciate what they´ve done to this otherwise beautiful, crushingly heavy and masterful track.

So as I´ve already mentioned this is a collector´s item and while the quality is pretty good when we´re talking "The Sexuality of Bereavement", the remix version of "The Crown of Sympathy" drags my rating down to a 2.5 star (50%) rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#831982) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 02, 2012

2 stars Strictly an EP made surplus to requirement through it's inclusion on the Trinity sampler. But let me add my 100 words long review to the database. The song The Sexuality of Bereavement is from their funeral doom period. Slow, grinding pace with dissonant guitars and death grunts in addition to ... (read more)

Report this review (#474107) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Sexuality of Bereavement"