THE SEXUALITY OF BEREAVEMENT

Calvin Robertshaw - guitar
Adrian Jackson - bass
Martin Powell - violin, keyboard
Rick Miah - drums

This EP was only available to the Peaceville Collectors Club Series members and later included on the Trinity compilation album.

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement Music

The Sexuality Of BereavementThe Sexuality Of Bereavement
Limited Edition · Import
Peaceville
Vinyl$246.00 (used)

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Sexuality of Bereavement reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars "The Sexuality of Bereavement" is a 7 inch vinyl single which was originally only available to the Peaceville Records "Collectors Club" Series members. The single features two tracks distributed over a 19:14 minutes long playing time. "The Sexuality of Bereavement" was recorded during the sessions for "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)" but was not included on the final version of the album. The second track on the single is a remix of "The Crown of Sympathy" from the same album. Both tracks are also available on the "Trinity (1995)" compilation album, which of course means that this single is a collector´s item if you already have the compilation. Both tracks are also available on various EPs and singles as well as featured as bonus tracks on special editions of "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)" and "The Angel and the Dark River (1995)".

"The Sexuality of Bereavement" is what I´d call a typical "didn´t make the cut" kinda track. It´s still a good song but I can´t see it replacing any of the tracks on "Turn Loose the Swan (1993)". The remix version of "The Crown of Sympathy", which is also featured on the "I Am the Bloody Earth (1994)" EP is not a version that does the original much justice IMO. Backwards recorded drums, which feature an annoying reverb laden effect and just a general powerless feeling, makes this remix version pretty much unlistenable to me. I´ve tried many times over the years to see if I would change my mind about this version of the song, but nothing has changed. I just can´t appreciate what they´ve done to this otherwise beautiful, crushingly heavy and masterful track.

So as I´ve already mentioned this is a collector´s item and while the quality is pretty good when we´re talking "The Sexuality of Bereavement", the remix version of "The Crown of Sympathy" drags my rating down to a 2.5 star (50%) rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#831982) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 02, 2012

2 stars Strictly an EP made surplus to requirement through it's inclusion on the Trinity sampler. But let me add my 100 words long review to the database. The song The Sexuality of Bereavement is from their funeral doom period. Slow, grinding pace with dissonant guitars and death grunts in addition to ... (read more)

Report this review (#474107) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Sexuality of Bereavement"