My Dying Bride - I Am the Bloody Earth CD (album) cover

I AM THE BLOODY EARTH

My Dying Bride

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Another EP included on the Trinity sampler. A sampler highly recommended for those interested in their earlier stuff, including that superb Symphonaire song.

I Am the Bloody Earth is actually a pretty depressive EP. Both because of the title track, which is a classic funeral doom song and because of the pretty lame two other songs.

The title track I Am the Bloody Earth is a good funeral doom piece which was not included on any album. I can understand why. It is not up to the high standard the album displayed. But it is still a decent song. The piece here called Transcending (Into the Exquisite) is a lame, very lame remix of some songs made into a medley. Terrible. The final song, a remix of Crown of Sympathy is not that great too. I prefer the original.

I am close to give one star, but a very weak 2 stars would suffice here. But this EP is a pile of mole dung, truth to be told.

2 stars (barely)