I AM THE BLOODY EARTH

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride I Am the Bloody Earth album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1994

1. I Am the Bloody Earth (6:37)
2. Transcending (Into the Exquisite) (8:39)
3. Crown of Sympathy (Remix) (11:10)

Search MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth lyrics

- Adrian Jackson / bass
- Martin Powell / violin, keyboard
- Rick Miah / drums
- Ghost of GGFH / guest vocals on track 1

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth Music

Peaceville UK 2003
For Lies I SireFor Lies I Sire
Peaceville UK 2009
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOUR NEW CD US $24.72 Buy It Now 33m 21s
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER / DARKEST EYES (+DVD) NEW CD US $22.04 Buy It Now 40m 8s
MY DYING BRIDE Introducing Best Of Greatest Hits Double CD NEW & SEALED US $13.22 Buy It Now 5h 42m
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 2 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 7h 2m
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of All Our Failures Official Sew On PATCH New US $7.49 Buy It Now 7h 31m
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 (2001) - New - Compact Disc US $12.02 Buy It Now 9h 15m
EARTHEN GRAVE 2LP MY DYING BRIDE PALE DIVINE WITCHSORROW TROUBLE ARKHAM WITCH US $24.29 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Funeral Mourning Drown in Solitude LP VINYL My Dying Bride Burzum Elysian Blaze US $74.99 [0 bids]
FROM BEYOND - Endtime CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 49m
MYTHOPOEIA - Golden Leaf Of Oak CD Metal Breath 2001 MY DYING BRIDE OCTOBER TIDE US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures (NEW CD & DVD) US $25.15 Buy It Now 14h
Official Boxed Mug - MDBMUG01 - My Dying Bride US $11.93 Buy It Now 14h 21m
BILOCATE Sudden Death Syndrome CD MY DYING BRIDE Paradise Lost OPETH US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 22m
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hours [CD New] US $11.39 Buy It Now 15h 14m
GARDENIAN SOULBURNER PROMO CD 1999 NEAR MINT OOP HTF MY DYING BRIDE LEAVES EYES US $15.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE evinta 2011 - WOVEN SEW ON PATCH official merchandise US $5.10 Buy It Now 16h 43m
My Dying Bride As the flower withers cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 58m
MY DYING BRIDE THE VOICE OF THE WRETCHED SEALED CD NEW US $5.70 Buy It Now 18h 24m
Funeral Tristesse 12" Vinyl Double LP (My Dying Bride, Thergothon, Evoken) US $46.44 Buy It Now 18h 44m
The Throat of Winter [Single] by Opeth (Katatonia, Anathema, My Dying Bride) US $22.00 [1 bids]
Anathema A Vision Od A Dying Embrace (DVD) MY DYING BRIDE OPETH PARADISE LOST US $1.50 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride Fore Darkest Eyes (DVD) ANTHEMA PATADISE LOST TIAMAT DEATH US $1.50 [1 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE The Barghest O' Whitby (Red LP) Opeth, Katatonia, Death, slayer US $100.00 Buy It Now 23h 51m
PARADISE LOST - Lost Paradise CD Peaceville ORG anathema my dying bride morgion US $3.00 [1 bids]
PARADISE LOST - Gothic 1991 Peaceville 1Press anathema my dying bride morgion US $7.00 [1 bids]
PARADISE LOST - Draconian Times 1995 Relativity anathema my dying bride morgion US $3.00 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST - Shades of God 1992 Music for Nations anathema my dying bride US $5.00 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST - Icon 1993 Metal Blade anathema my dying bride arcane sun morgion US $5.00 [0 bids]
FOREST STREAM - Tears of Mortal Solitude 2003 Earache anathema my dying bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES NEW VINYL US $44.14 Buy It Now 1 day
SEVENCHURCH - BLEAK INSIGHT Extremely Rare English Doom Cassette My Dying Bride US $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBEZ DUZ DIGI-CD PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE TIAMAT BLACK WIDOW GHOST HUATA US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALEXANDER GLAVNIY Without Waste Words AUTUMNIA OFFICIUM TRISTE MY DYING BRIDE US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : Evinta CD (2011) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema - We are the Bible (Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost) US $25.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.06 Buy It Now 1 day
NEX zero CD SEALED candlemass my dying bride katatonia autopsy anathema doom US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - I AM THE BLOODY EARTH UK CD SINGLE W/B-SIDES DEATH/DOOM METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
And Here I Lie "Regrets" RARE/OOP Doom,Thorns of the Carrion,My Dying Bride US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Inhuman ?- Foreshadow (Moonspell, Heavenwood, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Anathema - Deep (My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost) US $1.99 [0 bids]
CONFUSION CORPORATION Demo 94 My Dying Bride Prophecy of Doom US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down four-fold digipak (Opeth, My Dying Bride) US $6.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "Like Gods Of The Sun" (1st press,MFN,VERY RARE!!!) Phlebotomized US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
beseech - drama, type o negative moonspell darkseed tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
darkseed - spellcraft , type o negative moonspell tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE-An Ode To Woe CD + DVD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $18.70 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-Like Gods Of The Sun CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $12.14 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-Meisterwerk 1 CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $11.20 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - the Dreadful Hours / Live in Krakow Vol. 2 (Agat Rec ) Russian US $17.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Novembers Doom CD 2014 Bled White type o negative opeth my dying bride US $6.50 [2 bids]
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 (CD, 2000, Cacop) [UK RELEASE] NEW! SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HAMFERD Vilst Er Sidsta Fet CD EP NEW/SEALED My Dying Bride Tyr Katatonia Opeth US $17.49 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA Fine Day to Exit CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia Tiamat US $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CD Digi +Bonus My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia US $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST As I Die CD EP My Dying Bride Anathema Katatonia Tiamat Moonspell! US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA Eternity CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia Tiamat Moonspell US $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathema - The Silent Enigma 2003 (My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Katatonia) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here (Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride) US $14.99 [0 bids]
Type O Negative - The Least Worst Digipak (My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Katatonia) US $15.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 - NEW CD US $8.87 Buy It Now 2 days
FIRST PRESS OPETH Still Life CD ORG Peaceville 2000 KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $20.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LYCUS Tempest DIGIPAK MOURNFUL CONGREGATION PALLBEARER MY DYING BRIDE ASUNDER US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) (CD, Jan-2004) US $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark River / ORG 96 Peaceville 2CD US $15.00 [2 bids]
THE GARDNERZ The System Of Nature CD My Dying Bride Anathema Paradise Lost US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE GARDNERZ It All Fades CD My Dying Bride Anathema Paradise Lost Darkthrone US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SOMNUS RARE DEMO 1997 MANTICORE INQUISITION MY DYING BRIDE BEHEMOTH US $6.66 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE**ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "The Angel & The Dark River" OOP Rare Tape (1995) Anathema Opeth US $0.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - SINAMORATA 2005 PEACEVILLE DVD [Shape of Despair, Skepticism] US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Anathena - Eternity JAP EDITION My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Opeth, Katatonia US $20.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light [CD New] US $10.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT NEW CD US $17.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Songs of Darkness, Words of Light [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Feb-2006,... US $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride : A Map Of All Our Failures CD (2012) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Dark Tranquility - The Minds I [ LP, Century Media, IMPORT, NEW ] My Dying Bride US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $24.35 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Songs:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $28.11 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Songs:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $28.11 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Trinity:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $28.11 Buy It Now 3 days
Onirophagus - Defiler Of Hope (CD new)(Evoken, Funeral, My Dying Bride, Frailty) US $7.77 Buy It Now 3 days
~ MY DYING BRIDE - Evinta ~ MUSIC 2 CD's US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD - ( 49 Songs ) US $6.85 [0 bids]
Heavenwood - Diva Russian verison (Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Before the Rain) US $1.00 [0 bids]
HEDON CRIES-HATE INTO GRIEF (2003 GR DOOM/DEATH DARK TRANQUILLITY MY DYING BRIDE US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Opeth - Morningrise (Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Agalloch, Anathema) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH MY DYING BRIDE US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Anathema - Make it Right (Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Porcupine Tree) US $11.90 [0 bids]
Anathema - Alternative 4 JAP EDITION (My Dying Bride, Opeth, Katatonia) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Katatonia ?- Forsaker (Anathema, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Thine) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me DCD (My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Katatonia) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - Alternative Future EP (My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Katatonia - Ghost Of The Sun (My Dying Bride, Porcupine Tree, Anathema) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Anathema - Deep (My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Thine, Moonspell) US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars I Am the Bloody Earth is an EP release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. There are 3 tracks on the EP which has a total playing time of 26:26 minutes. I remember when I found I Am the Bloody Earth in one of my favorite metal stores back in the day ( that was before the internet stores ruined the economy of physical special music stores). Being blown away by the full-length studio album Turn Loose the Swans (1993) that preceeded the EP, I was naturally very interested in purchasing I Am the Bloody Earth.

The EP starts with the title track which sounds like an outtake from Turn Loose the Swans. Without knowing this for sure I´m actually pretty certain that it is. The track features guest vocals by Ghost of GGFH. GGFH toured in support to My Dying Bride on the tour for Turn Loose the Swans. I Am the Bloody Earth is an experimental doom/ death metal track with growling vocals by Aaron Stainthorpe and an interesting dissonant violin in one of the sections in the song. I think it´s obvious why the track was left off Turn Loose the Swans. Not that it´s bad but it´s not on par with the material on the album IMO. Transcending (Into the Exquisite) is a remix by Stevie Dachau which contains elements of various tracks from Turn Loose the Swans. It´s pretty interesting to begin with but outstays it´s welcome by several minutes. A bit too repetitive for my taste. The third track Crown of Sympathy (Remix) is as the name suggests a remix of Crown of Sympathy from Turn Loose the Swans. To my ears it sounds like someone just put the drum track through a chorus effect and not much else. It´s quite the disappointment really.

I remember being disappointed by I Am the Bloody Earth when I purchased it in 1994, and listening to the EP again after all these years doesn´t change that impression. The title track is allright, but neither of the two other tracks are very worthwhile if you ask me. Especially the remix of Crown of Sympathy sounds close to the original but without the punch. I´m not sure why you would release a remix that is so close in sound to the original just with a much weaker mix. So as it´s only the title track which is really worth listening to IMO I will give a 2 star rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#269532) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 04, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The title track of this CD EP continues the stylistic line of "Turn Loose The Swans" album, merging softer strings to the melodies of brutal metal songs. But somehow this compositions does not however appear very interesting, unlike the glorious studio album recorded earlier year. The second song "Transcending (Into the Exquisite)" floats to the territories of industrial metal with sampled high-pitched rhythm elements and revisitations to the verses from previous long-player. I admit this is interesting move towards new ways of musical expression, but as a listener I do not enjoy this new direction. Also the remix of "Crown of Sympathy" feels totally pointless to me, so this EP did not manage to satisfy me in spite of the promising album covers and fine full CD's produced during the surrounding years.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#873084) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2012

2 stars Another EP included on the Trinity sampler. A sampler highly recommended for those interested in their earlier stuff, including that superb Symphonaire song. I Am the Bloody Earth is actually a pretty depressive EP. Both because of the title track, which is a classic funeral doom song and becau ... (read more)

Report this review (#474117) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "I Am the Bloody Earth"