I AM THE BLOODY EARTH

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride I Am the Bloody Earth album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1994

1. I Am the Bloody Earth (6:37)
2. Transcending (Into the Exquisite) (8:39)
3. Crown of Sympathy (Remix) (11:10)

Search MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth lyrics

- Adrian Jackson / bass
- Martin Powell / violin, keyboard
- Rick Miah / drums
- Ghost of GGFH / guest vocals on track 1

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth Music

Remastered
Peaceville UK 2007
Map of All Our FailuresMap of All Our Failures
Peaceville UK 2012
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)
Peaceville 2008
Angel & The Dark RiverAngel & The Dark River
Remastered · Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2003
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS NEW CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 3h 30m
ALBEZ DUZ DIGI-CD PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE TIAMAT BLACK WIDOW GHOST HUATA US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
ALEXANDER GLAVNIY Without Waste Words AUTUMNIA OFFICIUM TRISTE MY DYING BRIDE US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete SEALED (CD) '98 Original 1st Press Mayhem metal US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
My Dying Bride - Evinta I & Ii [CD New] US $21.51 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Phlebotomized: Immense Intense Suspense, Paradise Lost, Katatonia,My Dying Bride US $49.99 [0 bids]
Golgotha: Melancholy FIRST REPULSE, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, US $16.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS + 3 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $6.49 Buy It Now 11h 13m
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788 % COMPLETE + BONUS TRACK SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $6.49 Buy It Now 11h 21m
My Dying Bride Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.06 Buy It Now 12h
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 - NEW CD US $12.13 Buy It Now 12h 22m
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.82 Buy It Now 13h 14m
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.82 Buy It Now 13h 14m
MY DYING BRIDE-An Ode To Woe CD + DVD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $17.57 Buy It Now 16h 32m
MY DYING BRIDE-Like Gods Of The Sun CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $11.41 Buy It Now 16h 32m
MY DYING BRIDE-Meisterwerk 1 CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $10.53 Buy It Now 16h 33m
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - I Am the Bloody Earth 1994 Peaceville 1st Press ORG anathema US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Thrash of Naked Limbs 1993 Peaceville 1st Press ORG anathema US $18.99 [0 bids]
HAMFERD Vilst Er Sidsta Fet CD EP NEW/SEALED My Dying Bride Tyr Katatonia Opeth US $17.49 Buy It Now 20h 52m
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h
Anathema: Eternity Ultra Rare Ltd. Digi, Paradise Lost, Katatonia,My Dying Bride US $65.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST: In Requiem, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Sentenced, Insomnium US $6.66 [0 bids]
Ashes You Leave: Passage Back to Life, 3rd & The Mortal, My Dying Bride, US $2.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
FIRST PRESS OPETH Still Life CD ORG Peaceville 2000 KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema / The Silent Enigma JAPAN+1 My Dying Bride OOP!!! US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LYCUS Tempest DIGIPAK MOURNFUL CONGREGATION PALLBEARER MY DYING BRIDE ASUNDER US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEX zero CD SEALED candlemass my dying bride katatonia autopsy anathema doom US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) (CD, Jan-2004) US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE**LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light [CD New] US $12.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Onirophagus - Defiler Of Hope (CD new)(Evoken, Funeral, My Dying Bride, Frailty) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1000 Funerals - Butterfly Decadence CD 2011 - MINT Doom Iran My Dying Bride US $8.07 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $26.98 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $31.28 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%... Complete 2xLP REISSUE avant-death doom paradise lost US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Songs:T-shirt - NEW - SMALL ONLY US $26.42 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST - LOST PARADISE CD MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE:Trinity:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $26.42 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures NEW CD US $18.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT NEW CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Voice Of The Wretched CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta I & Ii CD US $26.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - VAULTED SHADOWS THE - CDVILEDH509 US $16.78 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.12 Buy It Now 2 days
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $11.18 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dreadful Hours by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $7.67 Buy It Now 2 days
A Map of All Our Failures by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $11.54 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $10.84 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [Vinyl New] US $25.48 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $17.69 Buy It Now 2 days
KERRANG-PROMO CD-SEPULTURA+KORN MIXES-SYSTEM OF A DOWN-GARBAGE-MY DYING BRIDE+VA US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
my dying bride limited edition cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE**EVINTA (LTD ED W/BOOKLET)**2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS NEW VINYL US $35.03 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk 2 CD (2001) US $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE PROMO Mayhem Records 2 CD SAMPLER My Dying Bride DIO Enuff Znuff + FIERCE US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride Angel & The Dark River CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
WHISPERING GALLERY - Shades of Sorrow DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette , Made In Poland US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.05 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Songs of Darkness Words of Light Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.05 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride As The Flower Withers Slipcase CD 2001 Peaceville Records US $7.24 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Light At The End Of The World Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.05 [0 bids]
MAR DE GRISES Streams Inwards DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ETHERIAL WINDS - Saved CD rare 1.press 1994 M.M.I. / my dying bride crematory US $39.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride : As the Flower Withers CD (1995) US $13.31 Buy It Now 3 days
SHATTERED HOPE 2010 Absence CD Doom Death Saturnus Ataraxie My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE*ANGEL&DARK RIVER/FOR DARKEST EYES*CD/DVD US $12.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Shever - Rituals (LP Red) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Death, Slayer, US $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Mourning beloveth - Dust CD 2nd Press My dying bride Paradise Lost Ophis Evoken US $20.00 [0 bids]
SILENTIUM "SI.VM E.T A.V.VM"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM MCD - Peaceville 1991 - US $46.99 Buy It Now 3 days
34.788%...Complete by My Dying Bride (CD, Jul-2003, Peaceville Records ) PROMO US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LET ME DREAM - My Dear Succubus Rare OOP CD Gothic Doom My Dying Bride Draconian US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE For Lives I Sire Fabric POSTER FLAG Official NEW US $19.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Meisterwerk 1 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE - LIVE [LTD.DIGIBOOK] (CD/DVD, 2008) *Sealed* US $12.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN NEW VINYL US $41.49 Buy It Now 3 days
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride Turn Loose The Swans digipack CD 2003 used NM / NM Peaceville US $8.10 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River / Darke NEW CD US $16.83 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World US $10.69 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe CD US $58.51 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY + 1 - CDVILED46 US $13.60 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars I Am the Bloody Earth is an EP release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. There are 3 tracks on the EP which has a total playing time of 26:26 minutes. I remember when I found I Am the Bloody Earth in one of my favorite metal stores back in the day ( that was before the internet stores ruined the economy of physical special music stores). Being blown away by the full-length studio album Turn Loose the Swans (1993) that preceeded the EP, I was naturally very interested in purchasing I Am the Bloody Earth.

The EP starts with the title track which sounds like an outtake from Turn Loose the Swans. Without knowing this for sure I´m actually pretty certain that it is. The track features guest vocals by Ghost of GGFH. GGFH toured in support to My Dying Bride on the tour for Turn Loose the Swans. I Am the Bloody Earth is an experimental doom/ death metal track with growling vocals by Aaron Stainthorpe and an interesting dissonant violin in one of the sections in the song. I think it´s obvious why the track was left off Turn Loose the Swans. Not that it´s bad but it´s not on par with the material on the album IMO. Transcending (Into the Exquisite) is a remix by Stevie Dachau which contains elements of various tracks from Turn Loose the Swans. It´s pretty interesting to begin with but outstays it´s welcome by several minutes. A bit too repetitive for my taste. The third track Crown of Sympathy (Remix) is as the name suggests a remix of Crown of Sympathy from Turn Loose the Swans. To my ears it sounds like someone just put the drum track through a chorus effect and not much else. It´s quite the disappointment really.

I remember being disappointed by I Am the Bloody Earth when I purchased it in 1994, and listening to the EP again after all these years doesn´t change that impression. The title track is allright, but neither of the two other tracks are very worthwhile if you ask me. Especially the remix of Crown of Sympathy sounds close to the original but without the punch. I´m not sure why you would release a remix that is so close in sound to the original just with a much weaker mix. So as it´s only the title track which is really worth listening to IMO I will give a 2 star rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#269532) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 04, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The title track of this CD EP continues the stylistic line of "Turn Loose The Swans" album, merging softer strings to the melodies of brutal metal songs. But somehow this compositions does not however appear very interesting, unlike the glorious studio album recorded earlier year. The second song "Transcending (Into the Exquisite)" floats to the territories of industrial metal with sampled high-pitched rhythm elements and revisitations to the verses from previous long-player. I admit this is interesting move towards new ways of musical expression, but as a listener I do not enjoy this new direction. Also the remix of "Crown of Sympathy" feels totally pointless to me, so this EP did not manage to satisfy me in spite of the promising album covers and fine full CD's produced during the surrounding years.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#873084) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2012

2 stars Another EP included on the Trinity sampler. A sampler highly recommended for those interested in their earlier stuff, including that superb Symphonaire song. I Am the Bloody Earth is actually a pretty depressive EP. Both because of the title track, which is a classic funeral doom song and becau ... (read more)

Report this review (#474117) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "I Am the Bloody Earth"