I AM THE BLOODY EARTH

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride I Am the Bloody Earth album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1994

1. I Am the Bloody Earth (6:37)
2. Transcending (Into the Exquisite) (8:39)
3. Crown of Sympathy (Remix) (11:10)

Search MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth lyrics

- Adrian Jackson / bass
- Martin Powell / violin, keyboard
- Rick Miah / drums
- Ghost of GGFH / guest vocals on track 1

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonp for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth Music

I Am The Bloody EarthI Am The Bloody Earth
Peaceville
0 result found for "MY DYING BRIDE"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results
More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE I Am the Bloody Earth reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars "I Am the Bloody Earth" is an EP release by UK doom/death metal act My Dying Bride. The EP was released through Peaceville Records in January 1994. It features 3 tracks and a full playing time of 26:26 minutes. The material from the EP has since become available on various compilations or as bonus tracks on reissues of studio albums. A promotional video was made for the title track.

"I Am the Bloody Earth" opens with the title track which is an outtake from recording sessions for the bands second full-length studio album "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)". "I Am the Bloody Earth" is a doom/death metal track with growling vocals by Aaron Stainthorpe and an interesting dissonant violin in one of the sections of the song. While its a relatively well written track it is obvious why it was left off "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)". It simply doesnt reach the high quality of the material featured on the album. The track also features guest vocals by Ghost of GGFH (US industrial music act). GGFH toured with My Dying Bride as one of the opening acts on the European tour supporting "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)".

"Transcending (Into the Exquisite)" is a remix track by Stevie Dachau which contains elements from various tracks off "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)". Its relatively interesting to begin with but outstays its welcome by several minutes and becomes a bit too repetitive. The third and closing track on the EP is titled "Crown of Sympathy (Remix)" and is as the name suggests a remix of "The Crown of Sympathy" from "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)". To my ears it sounds like someone just put the drum track through a chorus effect and not much else. The remix version is around a minute shorter than the original version though, so theyve cut something from the original track too, although Im not sure that should count as a positive.

In fact "I Am the Bloody Earth" is not exactly a recommendable release. The title track is of course relatively interesting and worth a listen, if you enjoy the material on "Turn Loose the Swans (1993)", but the remaining part of the EP is to my ears pretty redundant. You could make a case for the inclusion of "Transcending (Into the Exquisite)", as it at least tries for something original, but the inclusion of "Crown of Sympathy (Remix)" is bordering ridiculous. It was always going to be difficult to better the brilliant original version of the track but this remix version sounds like there was almost made a purposedly effort to detroy it. If putting annoying chorus sound effects on the drums and shortening the song by one minute constitutes a remix, then its too easy, and not worth the effort or the money of the fans. A 2 star (40%) rating is warranted.

Review by Eetu Pellonpaa
2 stars The title track of this CD EP continues the stylistic line of "Turn Loose The Swans" album, merging softer strings to the melodies of brutal metal songs. But somehow this compositions does not however appear very interesting, unlike the glorious studio album recorded earlier year. The second song "Transcending (Into the Exquisite)" floats to the territories of industrial metal with sampled high-pitched rhythm elements and revisitations to the verses from previous long-player. I admit this is interesting move towards new ways of musical expression, but as a listener I do not enjoy this new direction. Also the remix of "Crown of Sympathy" feels totally pointless to me, so this EP did not manage to satisfy me in spite of the promising album covers and fine full CD's produced during the surrounding years.

2 stars Another EP included on the Trinity sampler. A sampler highly recommended for those interested in their earlier stuff, including that superb Symphonaire song. I Am the Bloody Earth is actually a pretty depressive EP. Both because of the title track, which is a classic funeral doom song and becau ... (read more)

Report this review (#474117) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "I Am the Bloody Earth"