Genesis - The Way We Walk (DVD) CD (album) cover

THE WAY WE WALK (DVD)

Genesis

TheMisterOneTwoThree
4 stars I think it's strange how The Way We Walk DVD is rated so low, whereas Live at Wembley (from the Invisible Touch tour) is rated so high, with about the same number of reviews. After all, the only "classic" song on Live At Wembley is "Los Endos", whereas The Way We Walk has (a) a full 25-minute medley of classic songs, plus (b) four additional long-form songs from the trio era.

In addition, whereas Live At Wembley has a decent light show, most of the concert is filmed before sundown, so the bulk of the light show is weakened by this fact. On the other hand, The Way We Walk, while partly filmed prior to sundown, seems much better filmed, has much better-directed camera crews, and uses a much more elaborate light show to better effect. The Jumbotron use adds so much to the show, and tastefully as well, I might add.

Phil Collins is such a great showman, whatever you think of the poppier side of Genesis. While this is not the best example of classic progressive rock, the show itself is great, and entertaining in the best sense of the word. In addition, the technical quality of the package and the video is awesome.

| 4/5 |