Jethro Tull - Aqualung Live CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

belz
2 stars 2.4/5.0

As much as I am a Jethro Tull fan and enjoyed the original Aqualung, I must say that this one is disappointing and it seems that JT has succombed to the massive-releases commercial hysteria. I just want to be clear: this one is for the money. I just don't see any other interest for them to release that beside money.

That said, the quality of the recording is good, but Anderson realized the difficult task to transform a great progressive theme song like Aqualung into a radio- commercial rock-pop boring piece. Overall, this is not a bad album, but it is really useless and is not even close to the original one and after some listening I realized that one of its main problem is the overwhelming presence of Anderson's voice; back then music was the main thing, now it seems it's the voice... and money!

For collectors or huge fans only. 2.4/5.0