Devin Townsend - Devlab CD (album) cover

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

1 stars Devin Gee, you're doing it wrong!

Not that I have an attraction to ambient music, but this here is far from attractive. Rather, it's bad, inaudible, totally ridiculous. I do not know what the intent of Devin to do this album, but OF COURSE it was not anything serious or committed. I respect his artistic creativity, but am not able to tolerate Devlab. There are interesting moments scattered here and there, but nothing that I hold. I prefer when he's screaming, cursing, playing guitar brutal, but what's here. Is an hour of pure... anything, I'd say. A time wasted by him, and for me to hear this album twice (I hear most often, as I normally do, but I could not). This must be one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life.

1 star. Return to the commonplace, Devy.

voliveira | 1/5 |