DEVLAB

14. Devlab XIV (4:11)
15. Devlab XV (2:04)

Search DEVIN TOWNSEND Devlab lyrics

Search DEVIN TOWNSEND Devlab tabs

- Devin Townsend ("Written, Produced and all that by The Dev")

With:
Occasional guests

"(Devlab) is an experiment in sounds Devin calls "heavy metal ambience". It's
more like across between the EKO techno project (from the Accelerated Evolution
Special Edition) and the song "Love Load" off of the Infinity EP.

Artwork: Konrad J. Palkiewicz

CD Hevydevy Records ‎- none (2004, Canada)

Thanks to Dorsalia for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

DEVIN TOWNSEND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEVIN TOWNSEND Devlab Music

DevlabDevlab
Hevydevy Records
Audio CD$44.98 (used)

More places to buy DEVIN TOWNSEND music online Buy DEVIN TOWNSEND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEVIN TOWNSEND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEVIN TOWNSEND Devlab ratings distribution

DEVIN TOWNSEND Devlab reviews

Review by LiquidEternity
2 stars You know, I feel bad giving this two stars. I mean, I don't like it at all. That's fair enough. But I know that this stuff does exactly what Devin wants it to do, and it's a marvel in production and recording techniques or something. What we have here is a lot of noise dedicated to imitating a fever-dream. It does, too. It makes you feel kind of woozy and confused, with a touch of nausea now and then.

I have never really been a fan of noise or drone music or whatever all that stuff is. I usually like music with my music. But there is still something inherently fascinating about Devlab. I've listened to it a bunch of times, trying to figure out what it is about this album that keeps making me click on track number one. I subject myself again and again to this hour-long mash of noise and grating ambiance. Obviously, something about it is good, but I can't understand what. Devin put his heart and soul into this project, and I can see where his work paid off.

In all, though, this is an album just for serious fans or noise junkies. You have to be pretty patient with Mr. Townsend to really get much out of this album aside from a headache.

3 stars 'Devlab' is like a hot melt glue gun - it will melt you... 'Devlab' is an instrumental, experimental, ambient venture that was obviously not crafted for an audience, but for Devin's own personal pleasure in experimenting with his new (at the time) audio technology. This is made clear by the f ... (read more)

Report this review (#1328838) | Posted by Quirky Turkey | Friday, December 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Devin Townsend is quite an interesting man. I remember, awhile back, listening to his work in the band Strapping Young Lad, and even then I thought the sound the band produced was remarkable. Although not a huge fan of his solo work, the album art and strange album name got me hooked into listeni ... (read more)

Report this review (#1328039) | Posted by aglasshouse | Tuesday, December 23, 2014 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Devin Gee, you're doing it wrong! Not that I have an attraction to ambient music, but this here is far from attractive. Rather, it's bad, inaudible, totally ridiculous. I do not know what the intent of Devin to do this album, but OF COURSE it was not anything serious or committed. I respect his a ... (read more)

Report this review (#828194) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars So [%*!#]ing weird... Devin Townsend is usually known for recording and producing metal albums, whether it be the extreme tendencies of Strapping Young Lad, or his laidback, mellow solo albums. Here, Devy's trying something different, aiming for a sound he describes as ''heavy metal ambience''. ... (read more)

Report this review (#192238) | Posted by ZeroDreamPlasMaximus | Sunday, December 7, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I'm gonna melt you guys.... this is the prime objective of Devin on this album, and he achieves it, however, its not a very plesant melting... i found this album to be extremly dissapointing, i mean reeeeally dissapointing, im such a big fan of Devin. I thought this was going to be an atmo ... (read more)

Report this review (#161141) | Posted by TR!P | Thursday, February 7, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEVIN TOWNSEND "Devlab"