Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars A decent, but non-essential offering from the Floydian boys. Dark Side Of The Moon is, of course, their best, even if it is hyped up too much. But this was, in comparison, disappointing. Nowhere near as smooth as Dark Side. Quite rough, and surprisingly tuneless in parts. Almost sounds out of tune here and there, in fact. And yes, I was there at the time, as people like to say. My mate bought this when it came out, and I gave it a listen. Glad I did, as it saved me buying it myself. Although, a few years ago, another friend got me the cd for Xmas. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly worth a listen, but it was at this point that Floyd starting getting 'ideas' about themselves and began taking years between albums. Also, the album is too short, even for seventies standards. However, I would still say have a listen and make up your own minds. Not Bad!
chessman | 3/5 |