Galahad - Beyond The Realms Of Euphoria CD (album) cover

4 stars The TRUE successor to 'Empires never last!'. Just when we thought that the gap of five years had been too much for them to carry on the impetus of 'Empires', they come out with this!

I don't know where 'Battle scars' went wrong. I didn't particularly like it, that I DO know. But as soon as 'Beyond' started it felt RIGHT.

Having seen (and condemned, visually at least) Galahad's 'Live in Poland' DVD, it was obvious to see the kind of 'trance/dance' music that the keyboardist, Dean Baker, had leanings towards. But it enhances Galahad's sound, in my opinion, and is crucial to the best of their work.

But the album isn't just about keyboards. The whole band work really well together to create such a strong sound. It's never contrived.

Quite frankly, this is the best Prog album I've heard in 2012, but I'll only give it 4 stars, because the music isn't QUITE up there at 'Empire's' level, though it's still really good.

Personally, I'm really pleased that 'Galahad' have rebounded with another album in the vein of 'Empires never last.'

sussexbowler | 4/5 |