Deep Purple - Slaves And Masters CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

This may be a surprise that more pleasing to my ears.

You see, I was quite disappointed previous offers by Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers and The House of Blue Light. Between this album, Slaves and Masters, and his predecessor, held up three years, where Ian Gillian once again left the band. In its place comes Joe Lynn Turner, former lead singer of Rainbow and whom I had never heard. But God, how this guy sings well! I was already tired of the tired voice of Gillian, then Turner's arrival is a welcome addition. And unlike previous albums, here the band really sounds together, not five individual members.

With this, the number of great songs here is exorbitant. My favorite here is Truth Hurts, emotional Love Conquers All and the last two, the powerful Too Much Is Not Enough and Wicked Ways (the guitar solo from Blackmore latter is out of this world!).

I'm not hesitant to give a rating to this album worthy. Infinitely superior to its predecessors mediocre, this is a big step for the band. 4 stars.

voliveira | 4/5 |