Beardfish - The Void CD (album) cover

THE VOID

Beardfish

plasmatopia
5 stars I had a tough time with this one initially. It just didn't sound good to me in the car stereo and as a result it put me off the music.

So finally I got around to playing it on a proper stereo and really focusing on the music. The greatness of this album was then revealed to me. Sonically this is a bit of a departure from previous albums. It's not really tremendously heavier than previous albums and hearing this all at once on a proper system made me realize that it's a more coherent work than my initial impressions had indicated.

Another aspect that drew me in was the lyrics. Really well done lyrics that made me want to read more. This is the first album in ages where I connected with the lyrics.

I do use 5-star ratings sparingly. I think this may be my first such rating on this site. It's the "whole package" that makes this album deserving of the 5-star rating in my opinion. Very few albums have all the bases covered like this one does. At once classic Beardfish and yet something new.

plasmatopia | 5/5 |