ASHES

Pain Of Salvation

Pain Of Salvation Ashes album cover

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2000

1. Ashes (radio edit) (4:00)
2. Used (album version) (5:25)
3. The Big Machine (from "One Hour By The Concrete Lake") (4:23)
4. Ashes (album version) (4:28)

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes lyrics

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes tabs

- Daniel Gildenl÷w / guitars, vocals
- Johan Hallgren / guitars
- Kristoffer Gildenl÷w / bass
- Fredrik Hermansson / keyboards
- Johan Langell / drums

CD single (cat.-no. IOMCD 070 / SPV 055-41383 CDS)

and to frenchie for the last updates

PAIN OF SALVATION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes Music

ScarsickScarsick
Inside Out U.S. 2007
BeBe
Inside Out U.S. 2004
HOPE TO FIND Still Constant CD PROG Pain of Salvation, Riverside, Dream Theater US $8.99 [0 bids]
55m 1s
RIVERSIDE Voices In My Head CD OOP Mystic Poland PRoG (Arena, Pain of Salvation) US $16.99 [0 bids]
1h
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE [4001617313428] - NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 9h 55m
PAIN OF SALVATION * 12:5 * ORIGINAL 2004 CD IN EXCELLENT CONDITION US $11.80 Buy It Now 11h 24m
PAIN OF SALVATION * ENTROPIA * ORIGINAL 1999 CD LIKE NEW US $18.41 Buy It Now 11h 24m
PAIN OF SALVATION *THE SECOND DEATH OF* ORIGINAL 2009 MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK US $11.80 Buy It Now 11h 25m
PAIN OF SALVATION * SCARSICK * ORIGINAL 2007 CD LIKE NEW US $11.80 Buy It Now 11h 25m
Pain of Salvation: 12:5 [CD 2004 InsideOut 05 Twelve Five RARE OOP HTF LIKE NEW] US $6.99 [0 bids]
Pain of Salvation: One Hour by the Concrete Lake [CD 1998 InsideOut LIKE NEW] US $4.99 [0 bids]
Pain of Salvation: The Perfect Element I [2CD 2000 InsideOut RARE HTF OOP NICE] US $44.99 [0 bids]
@ CD Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake / INSIDEOUT MUSIC 1998 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Pain Of Salvation - Be / INSIDEOUT MUSIC 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pain Of Salvation - Second Death Of [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN OF SALVATION 'Road Salt One' CD US $9.39 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN OF SALVATION - SCARSICK [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $12.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - BE US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake (Import) US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 (Import) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Second Death Of Pain Of Salvation US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1 CENT CD Be - Pain Of Salvation PROGRESSIVE METAL US $0.01 [0 bids]
PAIN OF SALVATION - SCARSICK NEW CD US $23.35 Buy It Now 2 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - SECOND DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION NEW CD US $27.62 Buy It Now 2 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $13.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - Second Death Of CD INSIDE OUT US $21.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick CD US $19.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 3 days
WASTEFALL-SOULRAIN 21 (2004)2-CD+VIDEO GREEK PROGRESSIVE METAL PAIN OF SALVATION US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-ROAD SALT TWO-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain of Salvation One Hour by the Concrete Lake (CD Inside Out) USA SHIPPING 8$ US $5.00 [0 bids]
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE [727701200125] - NEW CD US $10.51 Buy It Now 5 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD US $33.46 Buy It Now 5 days
The Perfect Element I Pain of Salvation CD SEALED 2000 Inside Out Music new by US $12.43 Buy It Now 5 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [4001617412824] - NEW CD US $16.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Pain Of Salvation: Road Salt One CD 2007 RS1 Century Media / InsideOut Music NEW US $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick [CD New] US $15.42 Buy It Now 6 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One [CD New] US $11.35 Buy It Now 8 days
ETHERSENS - Ordinary Days (CD 2008) Progressive Metal Pain Of Salvation US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - PERFECT ELEMENT NEW CD US $17.16 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [727701201924] - NEW CD US $8.25 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Entropia CD (New) US $18.87 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE - MEGA RARE PROMO - FULL ALBUM - MINT!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE NEW CD US $22.20 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element [CD New] US $11.23 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO * [885417056228] - NEW CD US $12.76 Buy It Now 9 days
The Perfect Element I by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-2000, Inside Out Music) US $8.29 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE [PAIN OF SALVATION] [693723609928] - NEW CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Pain of Salvation / Linoleum JAPAN+1 Dream Theater B US $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE LIVE (2PC) (BONUS CD) NEW DVD US $35.36 Buy It Now 10 days
Agnosia-Trace Decay Fates Warning,Dream Theater,Pain Of Salvation,Symphony X US $13.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Be - Pain Of Salvation US $12.80 Buy It Now 12 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Scarsick KOREA CD New DREAM THEATER US $13.99 Buy It Now 12 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $13.56 Buy It Now 13 days
DYNAMIC LIGHTS Shape CD * NEW * Prog Rock 2005 (Pain Of Salvation Symphony X US $26.99 Buy It Now 13 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-PERFECT ELEMENT CD NEW US $14.25 Buy It Now 13 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-ONE HOUR BY CONCRETE LAKE CD NEW US $14.25 Buy It Now 13 days
Pain of Salvation-The Second Death Of CD Very Good US $16.12 Buy It Now 13 days
OPETH + PAIN OF SALVATION - Edinburgh nov.2011 tour concert/gig poster US $11.91 Buy It Now 13 days
BE BY PAIN OF SALVATION (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 13 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 14 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Entropia CD NEW Progressive Rock / Metal BRAND NEW 1999 US $8.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO NEW CD US $22.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Second Death of Pain of Salvation - Of Salvation Pain New & Sealed CD Free Shipp US $23.45 Buy It Now 14 days
Deadwing by Porcupine Tree CD Transatlantic Marillion Pain Of Salvation Rush US $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Scarsick by Pain of Salvation (CD, Jan-2007, Inside Out Music) US $12.46 Buy It Now 14 days
Chrome Shift - Ripples In Time (DREAM THEATER / RUSH / PAIN OF SALVATION) US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PAIN OF SALVATION One Hour By The Concrete Lake US CD Near Mint FREE SHIPPING ! US $20.75 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One: Limited Edition [CD New] US $27.72 Buy It Now 15 days
Mega Rare Remedy Lane Pain of Salvation 2002 Europe CD FCS4496 US $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain of Salvation - Road Salt One (CD, Jun-2010, Inside Out Music) NEW US $8.54 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain of Salvation-The Second Death Of CD Very Good US $18.08 Buy It Now 15 days
12:05 by Pain of Salvation (CD, Feb-2004, Inside Out) US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Road Salt Two+2 MICP-11021 JAPAN CD w/OBI p444 US $17.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ROAD SALT ONE BY PAIN OF SALVATION (CD) US $20.96 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO NEW CD US $30.72 Buy It Now 16 days
Scarsick by Pain of Salvation US $9.09 Buy It Now 16 days
Scarsick by Pain of Salvation US $9.05 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION ROAD SALT ONE LP IMPORT MINT SEALED US $34.99 Buy It Now 17 days
PAIN OF SALVATION The Second Death of 2CD OST Prog Metal SEALED US $13.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Evergrey ( SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH ) Pain of Salvation Vanden Plas Threshold US $12.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Pain of Salvation - One Hour by the Concrete Lake (CD, Oct-1999, CMA) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Pain of Salvation - Scarsick CD ****RARE OOP ORG IMPORT JAPAN OBI**** PROG METAL US $17.50 Buy It Now 17 days
Be, Pain of Salvation, Good US $9.06 Buy It Now 18 days
One Hour by the Concrete Lake by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-1999, CMA) US $7.06 Buy It Now 19 days
Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation (CD, Apr-2002, Inside Out Music) US $13.79 Buy It Now 19 days
Road Salt Two * by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-2011, Inside Out Music) US $12.77 Buy It Now 19 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD MARCEL COENEN PLANET X EVERGREY PAIN OF SALVATION DREAM THEATER US $7.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane [CD New] US $16.71 Buy It Now 20 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 20 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two [CD New] US $15.74 Buy It Now 20 days
PAIN OF SALVATION One Hour By The Concrete Lake CD NEW Amazing Progressive Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD (NEW & SEALED 2010) Prog Rock/Metal US $10.21 Buy It Now 21 days
PAIN OF SALVATION * One Hour By the Concrete Lake (CD1999) Prog Metal mint ! US $13.25 Buy It Now 21 days
Nevermore ; Heaven Shall Burn ; Pain Of Salvation: The Obsidian CD Single 0871V US $9.70 Buy It Now 21 days

More places to buy PAIN OF SALVATION music online Buy PAIN OF SALVATION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAIN OF SALVATION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes ratings distribution

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes reviews

Review by King of Loss
4 stars This is the single release of one of my favorite PoS ballds of all time, Ashes.This Singles edition released by InsideOut Records features 3 songs. The Radio edit of Ashes and the regular album version of it. It also features two other songs, The Big Machine, a great song from the studio album, "One Hour By The Concrete Lake" and Used, the song that is played before Ashes on the album "The Perfect Element Part I".

This single/Ep may not be the greatest piece of music a person can get, but if you can find it and have not listened or heard PoS before, this is a great introduction to such a magnificent band. The amazing ballad-like song like Ashes is a great introduction to such a great band. Such a beautiful, expression-ful song is a must hear. Now I must copy the lyrics here to JUST show the beauty and the perfection Gildenlow has made this song into:

You claim I don't know you, but I know you well I read in those ash eyes we've been through hell I've walked with the weakest just to feel strong You've given your body just to belong

Let's burn together Let's burn together

This pain will never end These scars will never mend

I taste your sorrow and you taste my pain Drawn to each other for every stain Licking the layers of soot from your skin Your tears work my crust to let yourself in

Touching you harder Touching you harder now

As we walk through the ashes I whisper your name A taste of pain to cling to As we walk through the ashes You whisper my name Who's the one with the sickest mind... now?

This pain will never end Our scars will never mend Cleansing sweat We are just using each other Too depraved to stay alive But too young to die And we hurt Thus we hurt

Scrubbing it harder Too late to back out now Scrubbing it even harder As these two broken barren desolate disordered words collide

This pain will never end These scars will never mend Damn this dirty bed Damn this dirty head

Plus the heavy, but great introduction of Used is also a great way of introducing people to the variation that PoS has to offer. The Big Machine is another example of a great song where Daniel Gildenlow's variation and emotions are shown. The Mike Patton influence has really benefited Gildenlow's style and voice, but in my humble opinion, Gildenlow surpasses Patton with his amazing emotions, lyrics, song compositions and vocal delivery. This is a must buy if you are a huge fan of Pain Of Salvation (like me) or just want a quick introduction to Pain Of Salvation.

This Ep/Singles might not be essential or a masterpiece of progressive music like Pain Of Salvation's studio albums, but it is surely excellent to any Prog music collection.

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#57725) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 24, 2005

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Ashes' - Pain Of Salvation (Single)

I remember long ago before I was even a fan of the band, I listened to this song (and watched the accompanying video) and a definate impression was left on me. The gothic atmosphere, the vocal power and the interesting instrumentation made for a very good first impression.

Upon investigating the musical annals of 'The Perfect Element,' I was suprised to see that 'Ashes' was in fact one of the weaker tracks on the album. It remains however, a great, doomy track.

Onto the EP itself, it feels a bit unnecessary for a song from 'One Hour By The Concrete Lake' to be here, but at the same time, I suppose it doesn't hurt to have extra material here. The two separate versions of 'Ashes' are not remarkably different, but as always, the album version is superior. And lastly, the track 'Used' is a great one, with a stunning chorus.

With all of that in mind, I would say it's a pretty good package, eh? Not necessary purchasing (and always better to buy the actual album) but if only for the unique album art, it's a pretty decent buy for a Pain of Salvation fan, or even someone just getting into the music of this remarkable band.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#227207) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Post a review of PAIN OF SALVATION "Ashes"