ASHES

Pain Of Salvation

Pain Of Salvation Ashes album cover

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2000

1. Ashes (radio edit) (4:00)
2. Used (album version) (5:25)
3. The Big Machine (from "One Hour By The Concrete Lake") (4:23)
4. Ashes (album version) (4:28)

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes lyrics

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes tabs

- Daniel Gildenl÷w / guitars, vocals
- Johan Hallgren / guitars
- Kristoffer Gildenl÷w / bass
- Fredrik Hermansson / keyboards
- Johan Langell / drums

CD single (cat.-no. IOMCD 070 / SPV 055-41383 CDS)

and to frenchie for the last updates

PAIN OF SALVATION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes Music

BeBe
Inside Out U.S. 2004
12:0512:05
Inside Out 2010
PAIN OF SALVATION-ROAD SALT TWO-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 12h 25m
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake (CD New) US $6.77 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake [CD New] US $11.29 Buy It Now 20h 15m
One Hour by the Concrete Lake Pain of Salvation CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 20h 37m
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY CONCRETE LAKE NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 21h 27m
ROAD SALT ONE by PAIN OF SALVATION (2010) NEW/SEALED LIMITED EDITION DIGIPACK CD US $23.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Orphaned Land ?- The Never Ending Way Of orwarrior/amorphis/Pain of Salvation US $41.99 [0 bids]
Be Pain of Salvation CD US $11.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Scarsick Pain of Salvation CD US $11.35 Buy It Now 2 days
The Perfect Element I by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-2000, Inside Out Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake CD US $15.12 Buy It Now 3 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - 12:5 (2004) CD + OBI 12.5 12-5 US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake (Import) US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - BE US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 (Import) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Second Death Of Pain Of Salvation US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DYNAMIC LIGHTS Shape CD PRoG MeTaL (Pain Of Salvation Symphony X Arena Evergrey) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD NEW US $12.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Scarsick, Pain of Salvation, Good US $13.73 Buy It Now 5 days
ROAD SALT TWO BY PAIN OF SALVATION (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 5 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Pain Of Salvation Second Death Of Pain Of Salvation CD US $16.60 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION * One Hour By the Concrete Lake (CD1999) Prog Metal mint ! US $10.95 [0 bids]
PAIN OF SALVATION * 12:5 * ORIGINAL 2004 CD IN EXCELLENT CONDITION US $10.51 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION * ENTROPIA * ORIGINAL 1999 CD LIKE NEW US $16.39 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION *THE SECOND DEATH OF* ORIGINAL 2009 MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK US $10.51 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION * SCARSICK * ORIGINAL 2007 CD LIKE NEW US $10.51 Buy It Now 6 days
-Road Salt One (Ltd Edition Digipak) CD Limited Edition Pain Of Salvation New US $25.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Pain of Salvation "Linoleum" (CD 2009 Inside Out/Century Media) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Pain of Salvation "Road Salt One" [US Pressing / Digipack] (CD 2010 Inside Out) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Entropia by Pain of Salvation (CD, Nov-1999, Inside Out) US $4.75 Buy It Now 7 days
12:05 - Pain of Salvation (CD, Feb-2004, Inside Out) Cardboard Sleeve US $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
@ CD Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake / INSIDEOUT MUSIC 1998 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
@ CD Pain Of Salvation - Be / INSIDEOUT MUSIC 2004 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Pain Of Salvation - Second Death Of [CD New] US $19.59 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION 'Road Salt One' CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 8 days
DYNAMIC LIGHTS Shape CD * NEW * Prog Rock 2005 (Pain Of Salvation Symphony X US $29.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Pain of Salvation road salt one US $15.11 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - SCARSICK [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $11.33 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ENTROPIA CD RARE 3$ shipping OOP and HTF US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE CD RARE 3$ shippin OOP and HTF US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - SCARSICK NEW CD US $23.11 Buy It Now 8 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - SECOND DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 8 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane [CD New] US $12.98 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $13.58 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Linoleum 2009 CD EP NM/M US $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Second Death Of Pain Of Salvation 2009 2CD NM/M US $22.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - 12:5 2004 CD NM/M US $17.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Be 2004 CD EX/M slipcase US $17.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick 2007 CD NM/M US $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Second Death Of CD INSIDE OUT US $21.39 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick CD US $18.77 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD US $17.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE [727701200125] - NEW CD US $8.34 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [4001617412824] - NEW CD US $13.98 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE [4001617313428] - NEW CD US $22.93 Buy It Now 11 days
Scarsick - Pain Of Salvation (2007, CD New) US $12.04 Buy It Now 11 days
Pain Of Salvation - Linoleum (Ep) [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - LINOLEUM (EP) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.71 Buy It Now 11 days
Pain Of Salvation: Road Salt One CD 2007 InsideOut NEW US $7.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick [CD New] US $14.34 Buy It Now 12 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane (CD New) US $12.02 Buy It Now 12 days
Linoleum (Ep) Pain Of Salvation CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Be by Pain of Salvation (CD, Sep-2004, Inside Out) US $11.73 Buy It Now 14 days
One Hour by the Concrete Lake by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-1999, CMA) US $8.37 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One [CD New] US $11.76 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain of Salvation / Linoleum JAPAN+1 Dream Theater B US $24.99 Buy It Now 14 days
The Perfect Element I Pain of Salvation CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 14 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - PERFECT ELEMENT NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain of Salvation : BE CD (2004) US $4.69 Buy It Now 15 days
Road Salt One - Pain Of Salvation (2010, CD New) US $11.37 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [727701201924] - NEW CD US $9.03 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Entropia CD (New) US $16.81 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Road Salt One UK 180g vinyl LP SEALED / NEW US $25.20 Buy It Now 15 days
Be - Pain Of Salvation (2004, CD New) US $11.12 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain Of Salvation Entropia CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element [CD New] US $12.01 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO * [885417056228] - NEW CD US $13.04 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE [PAIN OF SALVATION] [693723609928] - NEW CD US $11.51 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain Of Salvation - Be [CD New] US $14.28 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element CD US $15.12 Buy It Now 17 days
WASTEFALL-SOULRAIN 21 (2004)2-CD+VIDEO GREEK PROGRESSIVE METAL PAIN OF SALVATION US $8.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Agnosia-Trace Decay Fates Warning,Dream Theater,Pain Of Salvation US $13.99 Buy It Now 17 days
WASTEFALL Soulrain 21 2-CD +VIDEO 2004 GREEK PROGRESSIVE METAL PAIN OF SALVATION US $6.66 Buy It Now 17 days
Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation (CD, Apr-2002, Inside Out Music) US $9.84 Buy It Now 17 days
NEW Be - Pain Of Salvation US $12.80 Buy It Now 18 days
Road Salt Two - Pain Of Salvation (2011, CD New) US $11.12 Buy It Now 18 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Scarsick KOREA CD New DREAM THEATER US $13.99 Buy It Now 18 days
The Perfect Element Part 1, Pain of Salvation, Good US $9.94 Buy It Now 18 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $14.21 Buy It Now 19 days
Pain of Salvation-The Second Death Of CD Very Good US $22.31 Buy It Now 19 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two [CD New] US $16.05 Buy It Now 19 days

More places to buy PAIN OF SALVATION music online Buy PAIN OF SALVATION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAIN OF SALVATION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes ratings distribution

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes reviews

Review by King of Loss
4 stars This is the single release of one of my favorite PoS ballds of all time, Ashes.This Singles edition released by InsideOut Records features 3 songs. The Radio edit of Ashes and the regular album version of it. It also features two other songs, The Big Machine, a great song from the studio album, "One Hour By The Concrete Lake" and Used, the song that is played before Ashes on the album "The Perfect Element Part I".

This single/Ep may not be the greatest piece of music a person can get, but if you can find it and have not listened or heard PoS before, this is a great introduction to such a magnificent band. The amazing ballad-like song like Ashes is a great introduction to such a great band. Such a beautiful, expression-ful song is a must hear. Now I must copy the lyrics here to JUST show the beauty and the perfection Gildenlow has made this song into:

You claim I don't know you, but I know you well I read in those ash eyes we've been through hell I've walked with the weakest just to feel strong You've given your body just to belong

Let's burn together Let's burn together

This pain will never end These scars will never mend

I taste your sorrow and you taste my pain Drawn to each other for every stain Licking the layers of soot from your skin Your tears work my crust to let yourself in

Touching you harder Touching you harder now

As we walk through the ashes I whisper your name A taste of pain to cling to As we walk through the ashes You whisper my name Who's the one with the sickest mind... now?

This pain will never end Our scars will never mend Cleansing sweat We are just using each other Too depraved to stay alive But too young to die And we hurt Thus we hurt

Scrubbing it harder Too late to back out now Scrubbing it even harder As these two broken barren desolate disordered words collide

This pain will never end These scars will never mend Damn this dirty bed Damn this dirty head

Plus the heavy, but great introduction of Used is also a great way of introducing people to the variation that PoS has to offer. The Big Machine is another example of a great song where Daniel Gildenlow's variation and emotions are shown. The Mike Patton influence has really benefited Gildenlow's style and voice, but in my humble opinion, Gildenlow surpasses Patton with his amazing emotions, lyrics, song compositions and vocal delivery. This is a must buy if you are a huge fan of Pain Of Salvation (like me) or just want a quick introduction to Pain Of Salvation.

This Ep/Singles might not be essential or a masterpiece of progressive music like Pain Of Salvation's studio albums, but it is surely excellent to any Prog music collection.

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#57725) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 24, 2005

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Ashes' - Pain Of Salvation (Single)

I remember long ago before I was even a fan of the band, I listened to this song (and watched the accompanying video) and a definate impression was left on me. The gothic atmosphere, the vocal power and the interesting instrumentation made for a very good first impression.

Upon investigating the musical annals of 'The Perfect Element,' I was suprised to see that 'Ashes' was in fact one of the weaker tracks on the album. It remains however, a great, doomy track.

Onto the EP itself, it feels a bit unnecessary for a song from 'One Hour By The Concrete Lake' to be here, but at the same time, I suppose it doesn't hurt to have extra material here. The two separate versions of 'Ashes' are not remarkably different, but as always, the album version is superior. And lastly, the track 'Used' is a great one, with a stunning chorus.

With all of that in mind, I would say it's a pretty good package, eh? Not necessary purchasing (and always better to buy the actual album) but if only for the unique album art, it's a pretty decent buy for a Pain of Salvation fan, or even someone just getting into the music of this remarkable band.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#227207) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Post a review of PAIN OF SALVATION "Ashes"