ASHES

Pain Of Salvation

Pain Of Salvation Ashes album cover

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2000

1. Ashes (radio edit) (4:00)
2. Used (album version) (5:25)
3. The Big Machine (from "One Hour By The Concrete Lake") (4:23)
4. Ashes (album version) (4:28)

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes lyrics

Search PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes tabs

- Daniel Gildenl÷w / guitars, vocals
- Johan Hallgren / guitars
- Kristoffer Gildenl÷w / bass
- Fredrik Hermansson / keyboards
- Johan Langell / drums

CD single (cat.-no. IOMCD 070 / SPV 055-41383 CDS)

and to frenchie for the last updates

PAIN OF SALVATION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes Music

12:0512:05
PID 2010
12:512:5
Inside Out U.S. 2004
Abigails Ghost dletion Porcupine Tree Anathema Opeth Pain Of Salvation Katatonia US $9.99 [0 bids]
Pain Of Salvation - Second Death Of CD INSIDE OUT US $21.73 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick CD US $19.33 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element JAPAN CD Z-846 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 9h 49m
PAIN OF SALVATION ROAD SALT ONE 180g US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN OF SALVATION-ROAD SALT TWO-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $28.50 Buy It Now 1 day
PAIN OF SALVATION - ONE HOUR BY THE CONCRETE LAKE [727701200125] - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Pain of Salvation One Hour by the Concrete Lake US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain of Salvation Entropia US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation (CD, Apr-2002, Inside Out Music) US $9.79 Buy It Now 2 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [4001617412824] - NEW CD US $16.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain of Salvation - "Road Salt Ivory" - 2010 US $27.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain of Salvation - "Road Salt Ivory" - Ltd Edition US $28.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation: Road Salt One CD 2007 RS1 Century Media / InsideOut Music NEW US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Pain Of Salvation - Be ULTRA RARE and LIMITED Promo version-For HC Fans US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick [CD New] US $12.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Linoleum Pain Of Salvation US $16.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - BE US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake US $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake (Import) US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 US $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 (Import) US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Second Death Of Pain Of Salvation US $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One [CD New] US $15.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Pain Of Salvation-Entropia 1st Press InsideOut Daniel Gildenlow Riverside Opeth US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Flower Kings-Unfold The Future 2CD InsideOut Roine Stolt Pain Of Salvation US $7.99 [0 bids]
Second Death of Pain of Salvation Live 2cd SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED DANIEL GILDENLOW US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - PERFECT ELEMENT NEW CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Rainmaker by The Flower Kings CD Transatlantic Marillion Pain Of SalvAtion Yes US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE PERFECT ELEMENT I [727701201924] - NEW CD US $8.55 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Entropia CD (New) US $17.59 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Remedy Lane 2x 180gm Vinyl LP + CD 2014 NEW & SEALED US $34.50 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Perfect Element Pt 1 2x 180gm Vinyl LP + CD 2014 NEW US $34.50 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE NEW CD US $20.69 Buy It Now 6 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane (NEW LP SET) US $40.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element [CD New] US $11.50 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO * [885417056228] - NEW CD US $12.20 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE [PAIN OF SALVATION] [693723609928] - NEW CD US $14.53 Buy It Now 7 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - LINOLEUM (EP) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $26.09 Buy It Now 7 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - BE LIVE (2PC) (BONUS CD) NEW DVD US $32.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Pain Of Salvation - Linoleum (Ep) [CD New] US $16.55 Buy It Now 7 days
Pain of Salvation / Linoleum JAPAN+1 Dream Theater B US $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Remedy Lane, Pain of Salvation, New US $16.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Mega Rare Remedy Lane Pain of Salvation 2002 Europe CD FCS4496 US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Agnosia-Trace Decay Fates Warning,Dream Theater,Pain Of Salvation,Symphony X US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Scarsick KOREA CD New DREAM THEATER US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE [PAIN OF SALVATION] - NEW CD US $12.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Pain of Salvation : BE CD (2004) US $14.30 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION REMEDY LANE (GATEFOLD TRANSP. ORANGE 2LP+CD) 100 COPIES US $119.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION THE PERFECT ELEMENT PART I (GATEFOLD GOLDE 2LP+CD) 100 COPIES US $119.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-PERFECT ELEMENT CD NEW US $14.25 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-ONE HOUR BY CONCRETE LAKE CD NEW US $14.25 Buy It Now 10 days
Pain of Salvation-The Second Death Of CD Very Good US $18.67 Buy It Now 10 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT ONE US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BE BY PAIN OF SALVATION (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 10 days
The Perfect Element I by Pain of Salvation *New CD* US $8.55 Buy It Now 10 days
DYNAMIC LIGHTS Shape CD * NEW * Prog Rock 2005 (Pain Of Salvation Symphony X US $30.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 11 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION Entropia CD NEW Progressive Rock / Metal BRAND NEW 1999 US $8.99 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO NEW CD US $21.41 Buy It Now 11 days
Deadwing by Porcupine Tree CD Transatlantic Marillion Pain Of Salvation Rush US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
OPETH + PAIN OF SALVATION - Edinburgh nov.2011 tour concert/gig poster US $11.24 Buy It Now 11 days
Scarsick by Pain of Salvation (CD, Jan-2007, Inside Out Music) US $10.40 Buy It Now 11 days
Be by Pain of Salvation *New CD* US $11.60 Buy It Now 12 days
ROAD SALT ONE BY PAIN OF SALVATION (CD) US $20.96 Buy It Now 13 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - ROAD SALT TWO NEW CD US $28.63 Buy It Now 13 days
PAIN OF SALVATION ROAD SALT ONE LP IMPORT MINT SEALED US $34.99 Buy It Now 14 days
PAIN OF SALVATION The Second Death of 2CD OST Prog Metal SEALED US $13.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 (NEW VINYL LP SET) US $40.19 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain of Salvation - One Hour by the Concrete Lake (CD, Oct-1999, CMA) US $9.49 Buy It Now 14 days
Pain of Salvation - Scarsick CD ****RARE OOP ORG IMPORT JAPAN OBI**** PROG METAL US $17.50 Buy It Now 14 days
The Perfect Element Part 1 [VINYL] Pain Of Salvation Vinyl US $39.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Remedy Lane [VINYL] Pain Of Salvation Vinyl US $39.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Road Salt Two Pain Of Salvation Audio CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 14 days
The Perfect Element I by Pain of Salvation *New Vinyl LP* US $40.45 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain Of Salvation - Perfect Element Part I [Vinyl New] US $43.37 Buy It Now 15 days
Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation (Vinyl, Sep-2014, Inside Out Music) US $40.76 Buy It Now 15 days
Pain Of Salvation - Rememdy Lane [Vinyl New] US $43.68 Buy It Now 15 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - THE SECOND DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.72 Buy It Now 16 days
Road Salt Two * by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-2011, Inside Out Music) US $12.29 Buy It Now 16 days
One Hour by the Concrete Lake by Pain of Salvation (CD, Oct-1999, CMA) US $7.25 Buy It Now 16 days
Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation (CD, Apr-2002, Inside Out Music) US $9.82 Buy It Now 16 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD MARCEL COENEN PLANET X EVERGREY PAIN OF SALVATION DREAM THEATER US $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane [CD New] US $12.78 Buy It Now 17 days
Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake [CD New] US $9.74 Buy It Now 17 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two [CD New] US $15.21 Buy It Now 17 days
PAIN OF SALVATION One Hour By The Concrete Lake CD NEW Amazing Progressive Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 17 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE, ORG 2014 GERMAN 180G vinyl 2LP + CD, SEALED! US $26.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Chrome Shift - Ripples In Time (DREAM THEATER / RUSH / PAIN OF SALVATION) US $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One CD (NEW & SEALED 2010) Prog Rock/Metal US $12.05 Buy It Now 18 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - REMEDY LANE * 180 gram VINYL 2 LP + CD NEW & SEALED US $22.90 Buy It Now 18 days
PAIN OF SALVATION "One Hour by the Concrete Lake" (CD) PROG ROCK METAL US $8.78 Buy It Now 18 days
One Hour By The Concrete Lake - Pain Of Salvation US $9.35 Buy It Now 19 days
PAIN OF SALVATION 12:5 (Inside Out Music 050 1882) CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 19 days

More places to buy PAIN OF SALVATION music online Buy PAIN OF SALVATION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAIN OF SALVATION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes ratings distribution

PAIN OF SALVATION Ashes reviews

Review by King of Loss
4 stars This is the single release of one of my favorite PoS ballds of all time, Ashes.This Singles edition released by InsideOut Records features 3 songs. The Radio edit of Ashes and the regular album version of it. It also features two other songs, The Big Machine, a great song from the studio album, "One Hour By The Concrete Lake" and Used, the song that is played before Ashes on the album "The Perfect Element Part I".

This single/Ep may not be the greatest piece of music a person can get, but if you can find it and have not listened or heard PoS before, this is a great introduction to such a magnificent band. The amazing ballad-like song like Ashes is a great introduction to such a great band. Such a beautiful, expression-ful song is a must hear. Now I must copy the lyrics here to JUST show the beauty and the perfection Gildenlow has made this song into:

You claim I don't know you, but I know you well I read in those ash eyes we've been through hell I've walked with the weakest just to feel strong You've given your body just to belong

Let's burn together Let's burn together

This pain will never end These scars will never mend

I taste your sorrow and you taste my pain Drawn to each other for every stain Licking the layers of soot from your skin Your tears work my crust to let yourself in

Touching you harder Touching you harder now

As we walk through the ashes I whisper your name A taste of pain to cling to As we walk through the ashes You whisper my name Who's the one with the sickest mind... now?

This pain will never end Our scars will never mend Cleansing sweat We are just using each other Too depraved to stay alive But too young to die And we hurt Thus we hurt

Scrubbing it harder Too late to back out now Scrubbing it even harder As these two broken barren desolate disordered words collide

This pain will never end These scars will never mend Damn this dirty bed Damn this dirty head

Plus the heavy, but great introduction of Used is also a great way of introducing people to the variation that PoS has to offer. The Big Machine is another example of a great song where Daniel Gildenlow's variation and emotions are shown. The Mike Patton influence has really benefited Gildenlow's style and voice, but in my humble opinion, Gildenlow surpasses Patton with his amazing emotions, lyrics, song compositions and vocal delivery. This is a must buy if you are a huge fan of Pain Of Salvation (like me) or just want a quick introduction to Pain Of Salvation.

This Ep/Singles might not be essential or a masterpiece of progressive music like Pain Of Salvation's studio albums, but it is surely excellent to any Prog music collection.

Send comments to King of Loss (BETA) | Report this review (#57725) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 24, 2005

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Ashes' - Pain Of Salvation (Single)

I remember long ago before I was even a fan of the band, I listened to this song (and watched the accompanying video) and a definate impression was left on me. The gothic atmosphere, the vocal power and the interesting instrumentation made for a very good first impression.

Upon investigating the musical annals of 'The Perfect Element,' I was suprised to see that 'Ashes' was in fact one of the weaker tracks on the album. It remains however, a great, doomy track.

Onto the EP itself, it feels a bit unnecessary for a song from 'One Hour By The Concrete Lake' to be here, but at the same time, I suppose it doesn't hurt to have extra material here. The two separate versions of 'Ashes' are not remarkably different, but as always, the album version is superior. And lastly, the track 'Used' is a great one, with a stunning chorus.

With all of that in mind, I would say it's a pretty good package, eh? Not necessary purchasing (and always better to buy the actual album) but if only for the unique album art, it's a pretty decent buy for a Pain of Salvation fan, or even someone just getting into the music of this remarkable band.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#227207) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Post a review of PAIN OF SALVATION "Ashes"