Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

Klaus Schulze Goes Classic album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. Friedrich Smetana: Die Moldau (12.00)
2. Franz Schubert: Rosamunde (07.53)
3. Carl Maria von Weber: Der Freischutz (Ouverture) (10.22)
4. Klaus Schulze: Quintet for Lute (10.53)
5. Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dance No.2 (09.01)
6. Edvard Grieg:Dances From Norway No.1,2,3 (10.33)
7. Ludwig van Beethoven:Violin Concerto op.61,p.I (17.18)

Total time: 78.27

Info: Recorded 1991 to March 1993, Hambühren

Search KLAUS SCHULZE Goes Classic lyrics

Search KLAUS SCHULZE Goes Classic tabs

Klaus Schulze/keyboards,electronics
Werner Eggert/computer editing

ZYX Records, ZYX 20297-2 (Germany)

Thanks to Ricochet for the addition

KLAUS SCHULZE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KLAUS SCHULZE Goes Classic Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Body Love 1Body Love 1
Made In Germany Musi 2016
La Vie Electronique 15La Vie Electronique 15
Spv 2007
Made in Germany Musi 2016

More places to buy KLAUS SCHULZE music online Buy KLAUS SCHULZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KLAUS SCHULZE Goes Classic ratings distribution

KLAUS SCHULZE Goes Classic reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The title says it all of course.

In 1994, Klaus released two classical albums: "Le Moulin De Daudet" and this one. If the former held still some parts that were digestible, this one is of different texture, I'm afraid.

Of course, I have never been into classical music. The reason to listen to this album was just curiosity; and I should have better never listened to it. Klaus might have fun in releasing this (long) work, but I had a very hard time to listen to this full capacity CD (almost eighty minutes).

The only piece I could cope with (because it sounds somewhat familiar to me) is the Brahms one "Hungarian Dance No 2".

What's left is a travel into the repertoire of some masters (Schubert and Ludwig von B.). Even Klaus wrote a piece: "Quintet For A Lute". But it is just on par with the whole of this album as far as a prog fan is concerned.

this album is meant for classical music fans only. But definitely not for electronic prog lovers (as I am). Depending your addiction, you might love or dislike this album. I belong to the latter category and I only rate this work with two stars thanks to the Hungarian Dance which I quite liked.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars The liner notes of this unimaginatively titled CD says that Klaus Schutze and "expert computer programmer" Werner Eggert were trying to reinterpret classical music for a younger audience. The notes also try to set this collection apart from the similar attempts by Walter/Wendy Carlos and Tomita.

While it's pleasant enough, and the selection of music is not terrible, I don't see the album as accomplishing it's established goals.

The arrangements of the pieces don't sound updated or original. Except for a very few novel sounds, the synthesizer patches sound like basic programs and samples found on many mid- level synthesizers of the early nineties. The recordings sound too much like a synthesizer trying to replicate an orchestra, rather than reinterpret. The innovative sounds that made the seventies Schulze albums enjoyable are nowhere to be found. It makes me wonder what the "expert computer programmer" was doing.

Nonetheless, the album makes good background music. While the synthesis does not capture the excitement of a live orchestra, Schulze manages to keep the recording from sounding robotic.

Post a review of KLAUS SCHULZE "Goes Classic"