DRIVE INN (WITH RAINER BLOSS)

Klaus Schulze

Michael Garvens/percussion

IC 710.103
Thunderbolt CDTB 028
Magnum MACD 088 (USA)

Thanks to Ricochet for the addition

KLAUS SCHULZE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KLAUS SCHULZE Drive Inn (with Rainer Bloss) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Big In Europe Vol. 2: Amsterdam (2 CD + 2 DVD)Big In Europe Vol. 2: Amsterdam (2 CD + 2 DVD)
Made In Germany 2014
Virtual OutbackVirtual Outback
REVISITED RECORDS 2008
Ballett 2Ballett 2
Revisited / SPV 2007

More places to buy KLAUS SCHULZE music online Buy KLAUS SCHULZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KLAUS SCHULZE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KLAUS SCHULZE Drive Inn (with Rainer Bloss) ratings distribution

KLAUS SCHULZE Drive Inn (with Rainer Bloss) reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Klaus Schulze is the only artist who has scored so high and so many times in my reviewing process. Nine albums in a row between four and five stars. Some of you might know that there aren't many five stars in my ratings: some five per cent of the albums I have reviewed, which is quite normal after all. Masterpieces should remain exceptional.

This "Drive Inn" is not of the same calibre and should be considered more in line with his late seventies / early eighties work. There are some (scarce) good moments like the splendid and ethnic "Sightseeing". A wonderful trip into South American territories: I can't prevent to think about Peru when I listen to this very harmonious and elegant song. The highlight from this album; but completely different from prior releases.

It was a privilege (at least I feel so) to listen to the great Mike Shrieve on the percussion for a couple of albums. He really brought energy and great skills (but I'm biased by this fantastic drummer). I can't tell the same about Michael Garvens who is just filling a chair behind a drum kit; with little to none input whatsoever ("Truckin" and many other ones).

If you would like to listen to a speedy version of "Autobahn", this "Highway" tune should be alright for you. But unlike the original "Kraftwerk" song, this one holds little to be remembered. Sounds as a nineties TD electro beat track. But not of the good ones: just boring repetitive and "dance" oriented. It hurts, believe me!

Since the "concept" is around cars, the next song in the list is called "Racing". Some sort of pitiful tribal item. Again, Shrieve could have saved the bill here, only with his fantastic drumming capabilities but, as such this is a very weak track.

We are approaching a "Clear Road" now. The "mini epic" from this album. After all, it doesn't sound as weak as some of its predecessors. Fine synth and decent electronic beats are on the menu. I have already had many better meals, but this one is still OK. Digestible. Only.

I guess that, by now, the best option is to "Drive Out" as the closing number invites. Actually, one should never have to "drive inn". This is the weakest effort of the great man so far. It can't really score above two stars in my rating system.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#242666) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 03, 2009

Post a review of KLAUS SCHULZE "Drive Inn (with Rainer Bloss)"