LIVE IN ATHENS

Jim Matheos / guitar
Frank Aresti / guitar
Joey Vera / Bass
Nick D'Virgilio / Drums

DVD Inside Out #: IOMDVD 012 (2005)

FATES WARNING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FATES WARNING Live In Athens Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Darkness in a Different LightDarkness in a Different Light
Metal Blade 2004
ParallelsParallels
Extra tracks · Remastered
Metal Blade 2010
RARE OOP Rivers Edge VHS video Dennis Hopper SLAYER Fates Warning HALLOWS EVE ! US $8.00 [0 bids]
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo (DVD, 2000) US $6.07 Buy It Now 1 day
FATES WARNING: LIVE AT THE DYNAMO - NEW DVD US $7.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Crash and Burn (VHS, 1989) Sacred Reich Heretic Angkor Wat Fates Warning US $10.00 [0 bids]
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo (VHS, 2000) US $5.99 [0 bids]
SKREW Fates Warning GWAR Cannibal Corpse CHEMLAB videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FATES WARNING Live at the Dynamo A Pleasant Shade of Gray Monument SEALED DVD US $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Metalmeister Vol 01, New DVD, Fates Warning, Metalmeister, US $9.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Fates Warning: The View from Here, New DVD, Fates Warning, US $8.83 Buy It Now 5 days
FATES WARNING The View From Here Thirteen(13) Features Live and Video SEALED DVD US $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here DVD 2003 Brand New And Sealed Free US Shipping US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo DVD 2000 Brand New And Sealed Free US Shipping US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo DVD Region 1, NTSC US $6.29 Buy It Now 13 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here (DVD, 2003) US $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo [VHS], Very Good VHS, , NTSC, Color US $5.16 Buy It Now 14 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here (DVD, 2003) US $7.50 Buy It Now 15 days
FATES WARNING - LIVE AT THE DYNAMO DVD DREAM PAIN OF RUSH QUEENSRYCHE OPETH US $13.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Fates Warning: Live at the Dynamo (DVD, 2000) US $9.88 Buy It Now 20 days
Fates Warning: Live in Athens DVD Region 1, NTSC US $11.46 Buy It Now 20 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here (DVD, 2003) US $6.49 Buy It Now 20 days
New: FATES WARNING - Live at the Dynamo (2000) DVD US $3.98 Buy It Now 22 days
New: FATES WARNING - The View From Here DVD US $2.48 Buy It Now 22 days
Fates Warning - Live in Athens (DVD, 2005) US $12.49 Buy It Now 24 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here (DVD, 2003) US $7.08 Buy It Now 24 days
FATES WARNING "A Pleasant Shade Of Gray" VHS 1998 NEAR MINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
fates warning - live in athens dvd dream pain of symphony adagio queensryche US $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here DVD Video 2003 Metal Blade Records NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 26 days
Fates Warning-The View From Here DVD The legendary metal band Fates Warning! US $8.99 Buy It Now 27 days
FATES WARNING - LIVE IN ATHENS - NEW DVD US $11.44 Buy It Now 27 days
Fates Warning: The View From Here (DVD) Pop Music! BRAND NEW! US $5.99 Buy It Now 28 days
FATES WARNING: THE VIEW FROM HERE - NEW DVD US $16.15 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy FATES WARNING music online Buy FATES WARNING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FATES WARNING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FATES WARNING Live In Athens ratings distribution

FATES WARNING Live In Athens reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars The DVD has been with me for a month and I really enjoy it. Since I purchased it I have watched it at least three times in its entirety. From "live performance" point of view it's actually not really stand out because only vocalist Ray Adler and bassist Joey Vera that make the stage lively. The rest of the band are quiet players on stage. The mastermind Jim Matheos is pretty busy with his guitar has practically no movemaent at all on stage. But the crowd has made the show so lively. (Intermezzo - while I'm writing this review my cell phone beeps with a message from a colleague prog: "I'm starting the day with Steve Hackett - To Watch The Storm!" Oh ... what a proggy day today man ...).

Fates Warning is one of the pioneering bands with its flagship of progressive metal genre but it's different with Dream Theater. This DVD was recorded in a club in Greece with enthusiastic crowd which made an intimate setting and powerful performance. The band has been around for 20 years with many albums already released - so obviously they can't cover all their tracks. The band did a good job playing songs from different eras of their history.

What I do enjoy is the appearance of Spock's Beard drummer Nick d'Virgilio. Even though I enjoy Mark Zonder's acrobatic drumming, I got no trouble at all having Nick sitting at drum stools replacing Zonder. Great job, Nick!

As far as the crowd concern, I'm sure there are all Fates Warning's fans and they have been familiar with almost all songs presented here. My favorite is of course the track coming from concept album "A Pleasant Shade of Gray". I even imagined that the band should plan to make a video of this album performed in its entirety. They did with the audio CD live album "Still Life" (Disc 1) but not the DVD. If the band plans to release the DVD version, I will be the first one to pre-order.

The DVD comes with extras that feature the performance of Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater on drum set. It's cool.

Overall, I highly recommend you to purchase this DVD. Especially if you claim yourself as progressive metal freaks. C'mon, get it man! Keep on proggin' ..!

Progressively yours, GW

There are also some pretty good extras, including a couple of songs with Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#73216) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 26, 2006

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Not the place to start...

I have a feeling this wasn't the best way to introduce myself to this well respected band. I actually like the fact that the production is really low rent, looking like it was shot by some of their friends in the audience on portables. That, and the lack of obnoxious "visual art" tricks actually gains them points in my book. But the performance was slow out of the gate (didn't they warm up?) to the point where I can say I've seen better performance by some local metal bands at the clubs nearby. It did get better as they started to absorb some of the relentless energy from a super psyched crowd. Alder's vocals grate on me which is another problem hindering my enjoyment. The band wasn't too bad with drummer Nick laying down some pretty amazing fills. The sound quality was adequate but not spectacular. I'm pretty sure that I could like this band's studio albums much better than this and I intend to check them out at some point. But I can only recommend this live DVD to fans. 2 stars rounding up for a healthy dose of attitude.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#150076) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 10, 2007

3 stars Being familiar with a coiuple Fates Warning albums I looked forward to this DVD. It had a good set list and seemed like it had the makings for an excellent experience, which I'm sad to say I did not have. The band took several songs to start playing at the quality level I expected. Sometimes i ... (read more)

Report this review (#81135) | Posted by x_bruce | Wednesday, June 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FATES WARNING "Live In Athens"