DESTINATION BERLIN (OST)

Tangerine Dream Destination Berlin (OST) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy TANGERINE DREAM Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Alexander Square (LP Version) (4:50)
2. Emperors Castle (2:10)
3. Hitchhikers Point (5:00)
4. Brandenburg Gate (3:25)
5. Wall-Street (3:16)
6. Peacock Island (3:25)
7. Down The Avus (4:40)
8. Midnight In Bear City (4:25)
9. Berlin Summer Nights (4:17)
10. Alexander Square (Reprise) (2:00)

Search TANGERINE DREAM Destination Berlin (OST) lyrics

Search TANGERINE DREAM Destination Berlin (OST) tabs

- Edgar Froese / synthesizer, keyboards, guitar, bass, producer
- Paul Haslinger / synthesizers, keyboards, producer

CD BMG 260 440 (1989)

Thanks to Ricochet for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

TANGERINE DREAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TANGERINE DREAM Destination Berlin (OST) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Sorcerer (1977 Film)Sorcerer (1977 Film)
Soundtrack
No release results - showing artist results instead
LP alpha centauri ~ USD $16.01
LP atem ~ USD $16.01
CD electronic meditation ~ USD $15.01
LP electronic meditation (record store day 2012 exclusive - limited) ~ USD $16.01
CD sorcerer o/s/t ~ USD $15.07

More places to buy TANGERINE DREAM music online Buy TANGERINE DREAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TANGERINE DREAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TANGERINE DREAM Destination Berlin (OST) ratings distribution

TANGERINE DREAM Destination Berlin (OST) reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars Not bad for a soundtrack. As almost all the TD works in the 80s, in particular the soundtracks, this album sounds very 80s for the sounds used and the rhythms. Again I'm keen to compare the actual TD music to what Pete Bardens was doing in the same period. Also the second part of "Alexander Square" sounds very similar to the early 80s CAMEL. Try to believe.

"Emperor's Castle" is more in line with the standard TD (of the 80s, of course). Melodic and a little repetitive. Let me say that for me "repetitive" is a good word when related to Tangerine Dream. This is a track on which the band is more recognisable by its fans, even if now it's just a duo.

"Hitchhikers Point" is just a good electro-pop track which could remind to Jean Michel Jarre if it wasn't for the square waves typical of Froese's sound. Just a bit too pop for my tastes, but in 1989 that was the standard.

"Brandeburg Gate" seems taken from Bardens' "Speed Of Light". Same sounds and the melancholic theme borderline with newage which may be appropriate if we think that 1989 is when the Brandeburg Gate has been made visible again to both the sides of the Berlin's wall.

The electronic rock and roll of "Wall Street" is I think the weakest track of the album. Between "The Friend of Mr Cairo" and "Flashdance" it's something that I may compare with the worst moments of CAMEL's "The Single Factor". Not VERY bad, but it really leaves me cold as most of the pop played by the radios in the 80s.

With "Peacock Island" we go back to what we can expect from a TD album of that period. The percussion are quite tribal, like on Camel's "Nude" whose concept was effectively about an island. In any case I think that this is where the hand of Edgar Froese is more in evidence. It's like a pop variation on Epsilon in Malaysian Pale. Probably it's the percussion that make ,me think so.

"Down The Avus" is another good instrumental which to me again sounds similar to CAMEL of the Breathless to Single Factor period.

"Midnight In Bear City" is still on the same line but on this the sounds are more typical of Tangerine Dream's music if we don't consider the guitar which reminds to the Genesis of the late 80s or even to Phil Collins' solo works.

"Berlin Summer Nights" is slow and very melodic. Being in Berlin I can't not think to "Stationary Traveller", even if this track is much more mellow than anything on that Camel's album.

The final two minutes with the reprise of Alexander Square were probably the end titles of the movie which by the way I haven't ever seen and of which I know nothing.

Good for easy listening and very far from being essential.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#798323) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 02, 2012

3 stars "Destination Berlin" is by TD standards a piece of fluff,but very nice fluff. It's the soundtrack to a German movie I haven't seen and I am not likely to ever do so,but the music functions very well on it's own. This is not one of those soundtracks that desperately needs the accompanying movie ... (read more)

Report this review (#69420) | Posted by Pixel Pirate | Wednesday, February 15, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TANGERINE DREAM "Destination Berlin (OST)"