LIVE UNDERSLUNKY

Live, released in 1992

1. Dots Thots (7:54)
2. Og-Ha-Be (9:28)
3. Erpland (5:32)
4. White Rhino Tea (5:48)
5. Bizarre Bazaar (4:04)
6. Sunscape (7:50)
7. Erpsongs (3:49)
8. Snake Pit (3:22)
9. Kick Muck (5:18)
10. O-I (4:59)
11. Ayurvedic (14:46)

Recorded live at Manchester 23 November 1991 (5,7,10,11) and Cambridge 25 November 1991
(All others)

Search OZRIC TENTACLES Live Underslunky lyrics

Search OZRIC TENTACLES Live Underslunky tabs

- Ed Wynne / guitar, synth
- Joie Hinton / synth
- John Egan / flute
- Merv Pepler / drums
- Zia Geelani / bass

OZRIC TENTACLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OZRIC TENTACLES Live Underslunky Music

OZRIC TENTACLES-Jurassic Shift CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 2h 15m
OZRIC TENTACLES-The Yumyum Tree CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 2h 15m
OZRIC TENTACLES - SPIRALS IN HYPERSPACE NEW CD US $22.33 Buy It Now 3h 50m
OZRIC TENTACLES-PUNGENT EFFULGENT SEALED US $28.99 [0 bids]
Ozric Tentacles - Eternal Wheel The Best Of - Greatest Hits (2CD) NEW/SEALED US $40.56 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Ozric Tentacles : Underslunky CD (1992) US $11.58 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Ozric Tentacles Arborescence Dove tail Records DOVE LP7 2xVinyl LP Album Set US $14.51 [1 bids]
OHEAD CD (NEW) PORCUPINE TREE,OZRIC TENTACLES,HAWKWIND,PSYCH FREE UK POSTAGE US $10.54 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Ozric Tentacles Live Underslunky UK ORG Double Vinyl LP The Ozrics Ed Wynne US $89.99 Buy It Now 16h 2m
OZRIC TENTACLES / STRANGEITUDE / 1991 LP US $16.20 [0 bids]
Ozric Tentacles "Erpland" Original Gatefold Lp Mint US $62.99 Buy It Now 20h
Ozric Tentacles - ARBORESCENCE - US Astro Cortex Psych Myriapop CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Gong - Zero To Infinity NEW CD SPACE ROCK Hawkwind Ozric Tentacles Drum Circus US $3.99 [1 bids]
CD Ozric Tentacles "Live Underslunky" space rock on Dovetail 1992 IMPORT US $1.04 [3 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES - INTRODUCING NEW CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Ozric Tentacles - Waterfall Cities CD 1999 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ozric Tentacles -Floating Seeds (CD, Snapper) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arborescence by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Jun-1994, Snapper UK) US $8.00 [0 bids]
The Hidden Step by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Oct-2000, Phoenix) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Floating Seeds Remixed [Digipak] by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Aug-2004, Snapper) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Ozric Tentacles - Introducing... [CD New] US $9.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Strangeitude by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Mar-1998, Origi) US $9.99 [0 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES Sploosh! 2014 RECORD STORE DAY RSD Ltd 12" SEALED SS US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OZRIC TENTACLES - SPIRALS IN HYPERSPACE - NEW CD US $12.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent NR MINT! 24HR POST!! US $30.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Ozric Tentacles : Sliding Gling Words CD (1994) US $13.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Strangeitude by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Apr-1993, I.R.S. Records) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bits Between the Bits/Sliding Gliding Worlds by Ozric Tentacles (CD, 2000, 2 CD) US $2.99 [0 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES - THE FLOOR'S TOO FAR AWAY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $20.01 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES Jurassic Shift RARE ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD USA 1993 DPRO 6711 MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Omar & The Howlers / Ozric Tentacles / Sampler Promo CD US $13.29 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - LEEDS 23/5/01 CONCERT TICKET US $8.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Arborescence by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Jun-1994, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $8.50 [0 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES SPLOOSH ORIG DOVETAIL RECORDS 1991 12" SINGLE US $32.44 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - INTRODUCING... * [OZRIC TENTACLES] [CD BOXSET] - NEW CD BOXSET US $8.84 Buy It Now 2 days
Ozric Tentacles - Afterswish 1984-1991 (1998) US $4.87 [6 bids]
Live Underslunky/Spice Doubt by Ozric Tentacles Recall (UK)) 2 CD Set US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - Pungent Effulgent * NEW REISSUE 180gram 2LP PSYCH PROG FUZZ US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Strangeitude" CD 1991 Iris Records 7 Great Songs RARE Album US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Pungent Effulgent" CD 1998 Snapper London Rare Album MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Erpland" CD 1998 Snapper Records London 12-Songs Great Album! US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Arborescence" CD 1994 Dovetail Records 8 Great Songs RARE Album US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Curious Corn" CD 1997 Snapper Music Made In England 7 Songs US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ozric Tentacles - Aborescence cassette tape RARE 1994 Dovetail DOVEMC7 EX/EX US $1.61 [1 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES - Sliding Gliding Worlds * NEW REISSUE 2LP 180gram PSYCH US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - Strangeitude * NEW REISSUE 180gram PSYCH SPACE ROCK FUZZ PROG US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OZRIC TENTACLES Spirals In Hyperspace CD 2004 Psychedelic / Progressive Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - THE YUM YUM TREE - NEW CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Arborescence by Ozric Tentacles US $17.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Ozric tentacles-magazine advert US $8.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Ozric Tentacles - Yumyum Tree The NEW CD US $11.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Ozric Tentacles - Strangitude (NEW CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 3 days
CLASSIC ROCK CD - SLASH/MICK RONSON/OZRIC TENTACLES/ELP (REF E3) US $6.47 Buy It Now 3 days
CLASSIC ROCK CD NO 12 - ALICE COOPER/OZRIC TENTACLES/QUIREBOYS (REF E3) US $6.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus-Centrifuge-UK 7"-DIY Ed Wynne Pre Ozric Tentacles Space Rock-1982-HEAR US $16.20 [0 bids]
Ozric Tentacles--Sploosh! Limited Edition RSD Record Store Day 2014 new/sealed US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kingfish, Foxtrot Zulu, Dude of Life, Ozric Tentacles - U.S. PROMO cd US $9.72 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - 3 LP LOT Strangeitude Sliding Gliding Worlds Pungent Effulgent US $89.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ozric Tentacles - Erpland (NEW CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - ERPLAND - SMACD962 US $16.22 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - CURIOUS CORN - SDPCD151 US $13.04 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES ADMIRABLY RARE HIDDEN STEP BLACK CAT CD / LP COVER ART POSTER US $34.95 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES RARE PSYCHEDELIC WATERFALL CITIES LTD CD / LP COVER ART POSTER US $34.95 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - FLOATING SEEDS NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.85 Buy It Now 4 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - ERPLAND - VINYL LOVERS - SEALED - BRAND NEW - Lilith Rec. LTD US $10.45 [3 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES - JURASSIC SHIFT NEW VINYL US $35.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Ozric Tentacles : Floating Seeds CD (1998) US $7.10 Buy It Now 4 days
PARTICLE Launchpad CD Nstrmntl PROG Pink Floyd Return To Forever Ozric Tentacles US $6.99 [0 bids]
OZRIC TENTACLES Vitamin Enhanced 6XCD BOXSET UK ORIGINAL 1994 DOVE BOX 1 #6944 US $329.97 Buy It Now 5 days
OZRIC TENTACLES "Jurassic Shift" CD 1993 US 1st PROMO (IRS / DOVETAIL) US $23.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Ozric Tentacles - JURASSIC SHIFT - Import Sun Hair Feng Shui Psych CD/DVD Set US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ozric Tentacles - STRANGEITUDE - Import Sploosh Weirditude Psych 2 CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SPACE MIRRORS - Memories Of The Future (CD 2006) Hawkwind Ozric Tentacles US $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ozric Tentacles - Fridge, Brixton 19.5.91 VHS Video neo psych prog space rock US $19.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift CD Dovetail DOVE CD6 1993 original plus inserts US $11.34 Buy It Now 5 days
Ozric Tentacles - Sloosh (NEW 12" VINYL LP) RSD 14 US $25.12 Buy It Now 5 days
EAT STATIC-crash And Burn-ELECTRONICA-Steve Joliffe-OZRIC TENTACLES-Saxophone-Cd US $8.49 Buy It Now 5 days
OZRIC TENTACLES Strangeitude lp Dovetail original US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
OZRIC TENTACLES-Strangeitude CD NEW US $16.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Swirly Termination by Ozric Tentacles (CD, Jun-2000, Madfish) US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ozric Tentacles Pungent Effulgent UK vinyl LP album record DOVELP2 DOVETAIL US $63.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Ozric Tentacles - Afterswish 1984-1991 CD '98 EAT STATIC NODENS ICTUS HERE US $24.31 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - Limited Edition CD Platinum Disc - JURASSIC SHIFT US $145.88 Buy It Now 6 days
Ozric Tentacles - Spirals In Hyperspace CD US $19.33 Buy It Now 6 days
Ozric Tentacles - Introducing... CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 6 days
Paper Monkeys - Ozric Tentacles New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $37.65 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.85 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES there is nothing CD 14 track (doveot4) uk dovetail 1993 US $26.32 Buy It Now 6 days
Ozric Tentacles - Erpland [CD New] US $12.96 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES / JURASSIC SHIFT / CASSETTE TAPE / DOVETAIL US $8.74 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES - SUNRISE FESTIVAL [CD/DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.23 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES / ARBORESCENCE / CASSETTE TAPE / DOVETAIL (1994) US $11.66 Buy It Now 6 days
* OZRIC TENTACLES - Swirly Termination US $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES**YUM YUM TREE**CD US $10.50 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES Sploosh! NEW SEALED RSD 2014 Vinyl LP Live Throbbe Limited Ed US $15.95 Buy It Now 6 days
OZRIC TENTACLES Sploosh! Vinyl 12" RSD 2014 NEW & SEALED US $25.87 Buy It Now 7 days
RARE OOP OZRIC TENTACLES PUNGENT EFFULGENT RARE OOP IMPORT UK ENGLAND CD 1998 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift (CD, 1993, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) **ORIGINAL** US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude (CD, 1991, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) **ORIGINAL** US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy OZRIC TENTACLES music online Buy OZRIC TENTACLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OZRIC TENTACLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OZRIC TENTACLES Live Underslunky ratings distribution

OZRIC TENTACLES Live Underslunky reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
5 stars Many years ago, during the period of this live-album, I visited an Ozric Tentacles concert in The Hague, my hometown. I was amazed by the crowd, so many white Rastafari's, I had never seen these people at a progrock concert! They must have come for the very relaxed atmosphere in the music, often based upon reggae. In my opinion Ozric Tentacles invented a kind of progrock that is as innovative as mid-Rush. You can trace elements from spacerock, reggae, fusion, ambient, symphonic and ethnic, what a stunning variety! The compositions on this live-album are their best material featuring distinctive guitarplay from Mr. Ed (he often uses guitar-effects like wah-wah, very spectacular), sensational keyboardwork, a splendid rhythm-section and delicate fluteplay. The frequent changing of climates is very thrilling, from hypnotizing with flute and a swinging rhythm-section to harder-edged featuring fiery guitarsoli and flashy synthesizers. My absolute highlight is the track "Kick Muck", especially the exciting, heavingly distorted electric guitar and the propulsive rhythm. IF YOU ARE UP TO ADVENTUROUS PROGROCK, THIS ONE IS YOURS!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#36943) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2005

Review by Bob Greece
5 stars This is my first review on this great website and I want to start with my favourite album. Ozric Tentacles are a brilliant live band and their 4 live albums (Ethereal Cereal, Underslunky, Pyramidion and The Pongmaster's Ball) show this off very well. The Ozrics also did a live gig on the Internet (Spice Doubt, a gig in the Ether) which is very good but doesn't have quite the same feel as the really live albums. Live Underslunky is in my opinion their best live album and indeed their best album overall. Being released in 1992, they hadn't released many studio albums by this stage but they had enough material to make a fantastic psychedelic show. Simply by listening to this album is a natural and healthy way to get stoned! Just put this album on, lie back and ... become the other.

Send comments to Bob Greece (BETA) | Report this review (#38468) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 04, 2005

Review by obiter
5 stars Essential... understatement .. this is a GP prescription 3 times daily for the prog afflicted

As a bit of a Rush fan (30 years behind the veil and counting) I was taken by the opening riff in Dots Thots: Xanadu or me mum's me aunt (oh wait I'm irish that goes with the territory).

OK so this is a great double album. As a confession I'm a bass player so listening to Zia play is always a pleasure. As I've always said ... Oh-Ha-Be has to nod to Thin Lizzy's Call the Police for the bass line (although this one goes back to Roly Wynne's days).

If you dont know Ozrics hen this is a great album to give you a decent picture of what they were like in 92. Songs from various previous albums and ALL of them sound better live (except one). Hey, they must be good musicians. Go figure. Quite a bit from Strangeitude and all of it (to repeat myself) is better (well more imediate and slighlty more up tempo) than the studio album.

Erpsongs .... please someone tell me that this a cadged off someone else because otherwise it's just too good ... in a very simplistic and haunting way.

OK now for "the one" which I don't think sounds better live: Kick Muck. Listen to Pungent Effulgent or Sliding Gliding Worlds .. Kick Mucl is awesome. it has got to be one of the best ozrics number. Why or why do they always play it at a million miles an hour live???

... an underslunky by the way is a woollen scratchy sort of wasitcoat that you wear underneath a shirt and it's really horrible and uncomfrotable so there you go ....

If one track was to sum up Ozrics for me and convert the unbelievers it would be Are you vedic or Ayurvedic or whatever then call it.

It's got to be a be Five Live. Up there with Yessongs

Send comments to obiter (BETA) | Report this review (#112250) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 15, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars One of their more decent record so far was their first live album Ethereal Cereal. IMO, this band sounds better live than in the studio (but I mentioned this already).

It is not to say that their music is more diverse, but at least one has a collection of songs from different albums, which should avoid too much boredom. I won't be as enthusiastic as many prog reviewers, because this live album just doesn't captivate myself to rate it above three stars.

It is a good album with several hard-rocking parts which are by far the ones I preferred. The guitar during those is fine and it is sufficient to make the tracks a bit more interesting.

The band has always mixed the same elements to produce their works: spacey music, hard-rocking rhythms, some Oriental beats and reggae. The latter not being my fave to say the truth. This mix has always been indigested to my ears. I like reggae as such but not when mixed with such space-rock.

The albums starts on a fine mood with Dots (even if there is a short reggae break). I confess though that I didn't feel a lot of thrill while I listened to this album for the first time, but some few spins later, I can see a little light out there with Erpland and Bizarre Bazaar with its Oriental inspiration (which can also be heard in O-I).

Kick Muck is one of my fave from the band. The guitar work is excellent and the beat is serious. The addition of some fluting also adds variety to the track. It is a highlight.

The long closing number is actually a summary of their music. Each elements they have integrated in their work is there. You could easily define your addiction to the band while listening to this piece of music. If you hate it, you will mostly hate all of their work. I happen to like it moderately.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#183638) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 26, 2008

4 stars An early live album from the OZRICS which came after the "Strangeitude" album. So most of the tunes are lifted from that album as well as "Pungent Effulgent" and "Erpland". We're told in this concert that an underslunky is a wollen, scratchy undergarment. I must say the songs here are as good as the studio versions. These guys can play.

"Dots Thots" opens with atmosphere then we get some guitar after 2 minutes as drums and bass join in. The guitar is pretty aggressive before 4 1/2 minutes followed by flute. "Og-Ha-Be" like the first track is a very early song from the band. This one kicks some serious butt 3 minutes in before settling back with flute again. The tempo continues to shift. "Erpland" opens with drums as bass and guitar arrive quickly in this uptempo tune. Some huge bass here. The guitar is ripping it up after 2 1/2 minutes. Flute 4 minutes in. Great tune and my favourite.

"White Rhino Tea" is a killer song live. "Bizarre Bazaar" features lots of flute and drums early. Guitar after 1 1/2 minutes takes a prominant role and later at 3 1/2 minutes. "Sunscape" has flute early on that I really enjoy. Also the bass 2 1/2 minutes in. "Erpsongs" is spacey to start and pretty laid back throughout.. "Snake Pit" has a fairly heavy rhythm to it before settling then kicking back in. "Kick Muck" is such a good tune. Lots of guitars on this one. "O-I" has some good flute early and nasty guitar late. "Ayurvedic" opens with one of the band members telling us what the title of this album means then saying to the crowd "We can do one more if you want". This one is like a long 15 minute jam with some reggae parts.

A good live document to have really of the classic OZRICS lineup.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#286240) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

4 stars Great live album. It's rare to find a live performance that is well recorded as this little jewel. the tracklist is simply amazing: they are some hilights of their previous career, like Bizarre Bazaar, Kick Muck, Whire Rhino Tea and Erpland. this album impresses me even more every time I listen t ... (read more)

Report this review (#209159) | Posted by Progghettaro | Sunday, March 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars wow.the first word that came out of my throught is simply WOW. how did they get that perfect cleanest sound with a live edition??.. well ofcourse , they are ozric tentacles. the album reprezent a great and different psycho melodies ,loads of energetics sounds that makes you wanna cry or grab yo ... (read more)

Report this review (#43259) | Posted by | Thursday, August 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wow! Very-very-very psychedelic and very-very-very prog. I think that the early years of Ozric were the best and original. This album is one of the best live recordings that I ever heard; raw but very prog even symphonic, with many arabic influences and a beautiful work on flute... Anyway, gre ... (read more)

Report this review (#40028) | Posted by progadicto | Friday, July 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OZRIC TENTACLES "Live Underslunky "