NAMLOOK & SCHULZE: DARK SIDE OF THE MOOG III

Progressive Electronic

Klaus Schulze Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III  album cover

Buy KLAUS SCHULZE Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Phantom Heart Brother (59:02)

Search KLAUS SCHULZE Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III lyrics

Search KLAUS SCHULZE Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III tabs

- Klaus Schulze / electronics, keyboards
- Pete Namlook / composer

Release Date: 28 August 1995
Limitation: 2000

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

KLAUS SCHULZE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KLAUS SCHULZE Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
La Vie Electronique 15La Vie Electronique 15
MADE IN GERMANY MUSI 2014
Big In Europe Vol. 2: Amsterdam (2 CD + 2 DVD)Big In Europe Vol. 2: Amsterdam (2 CD + 2 DVD)
Made In Germany 2014
MADE IN GERMANY MUSI 2012
CD blackdance ~ USD $17.03
CD dosburg online ~ USD $17.16
LP x ~ USD $25.10

More places to buy KLAUS SCHULZE music online Buy KLAUS SCHULZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KLAUS SCHULZE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KLAUS SCHULZE Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III ratings distribution

KLAUS SCHULZE Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars "Phantom Heart Brother"

The third album in The Dark Side of The Moog series in two years. Very prolific indeed, but one would wish they had just selected the best bits and pieces from those two years in order to end up with one truly amazing album. In that case, this series might actually have reached a larger audience, which it truly deserves.

But that's not how things went, instead, for the 3rd time in a row we get treated to a number of superb tracks amidst a lot of sonic filler. Part I seems an attempt to recreate Tangerine Dream's Zeit. It's not a failure at that and I can feel this one growing on me. Part II adds low and brooding minor violin synths. This must be Schulze's work, a truly beautiful piece of music, far too rich and too lavish to be called new age. Part III breaks the flow with rhythmic experimentation with percussive sounds. It's quite a contrast with the ensuing Parts IV which is suddenly very dance, melodic and catchy, clearly representing Namlook's more techno-oriented persona.

Also Parts V really works for me, it returns to the mood that was set in Part II. Part VI in turn revisits Part I, giving this album a nice circular structure. Another step up in the growing quality of this series. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#236770) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 03, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars As usual with this project, some parts are excellent and some other ones are, let's say, of minor importance.

For the ones who likes the early days from the man (to which I belong), I can only recommend the first section (or movement) of this long epic. It is sliced into six sections of which the long opener (eighteen minutes) seems to come out from another age.

Cold, sidereal, impressive, elegant, icy beauty, tenebrous soundscapes, brilliant atmosphere. It reminds me very much ASOS (the track) from whom you might have heard even if this third album from this series refers to "Phantom Heart Brother". I guess that some of you might find it a bit too long and monochord, but I quite like the mysterious mood that emanates from this track.

This abyssal section flows nicely into an ocean of melody that opens the second movement of this hour long epic. Again, old timers will find their way with these twelve minutes of lunar music.

If I except "In Blue" which was released the same year as this one, there has been a very long time that Klaus didn't score that high in my heart ("En=Trance" in 88 perhaps). This first half an hour is extremely pleasant to my ears, very relaxing of course and holds some melodic and enjoyable long moments.

Unfortunately, the third section (some ten minutes) breaks this splendid feel and is somewhat noisy and difficult to swallow. Purely experimental and not convincing for sure. The album would have benefited if this section could have been avoided.

Section IV, is more in line with his work from the nineties: more upbeat, almost dance. An inch commercial and somewhat Jarre oriented to a certain extent. Not too bad. The next part combines fine keyboards with average whispering during most of it. After mid-time, the beauty of the first two sections are on the forefront again. It works very well on me; but I'm biased.

The closing and short Part VI, brings us back where the first and opening track left us. To loop the loop.

This third leg of this "Moog" collection is my fave so far. Seven out of ten (but rounded down to three stars because of the weak third movement).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#257839) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post a review of KLAUS SCHULZE "Namlook & Schulze: Dark Side of the Moog III "