TIC & TAC

Good, but non-essential

Buy AREA Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

Side 1: 21:08
1. La Torre Dell'Alchimista (5:50)
2. Danza Ad Anello (5:13)
3. A.S.A. (4:34)
4. Lectric Rag (1:50)
5. La Luna Nel Pozzo (3:41)

Side 2: 20:13
1. Tic & Tac (4:38)
2. Quartet (2:12)
3. Sibarotega (4:16)
4. Chantee D'Amour (4:47)
5. Antes De Habler Abra La Boca (4:22)

Search AREA Tic & Tac lyrics

Search AREA Tic & Tac tabs

- Patrizio Fariselli / acoustic piano, M.C.S. 70 synthesizer and electric piano
- Larry Nocella / tenor sax
- Giulio Capiozzo / drums
- Ares Tavolazzi / elcttric bass, double bass, guitar
- Guido Guidoboni / trumpet (1/2 2/3)
- Luciano Biasutti / trumpet (2/5)

1980 Ascolto (ASC 20224)

and to Snow Dog for the last updates

AREA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AREA Tic & Tac Music

Tic & TacTic & Tac
Warner Italy 1999

More places to buy AREA music online Buy AREA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AREA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AREA Tic & Tac ratings distribution

AREA Tic & Tac reviews

Review by loserboy
1 stars AREA were one of the more varied Italian bands with their distinctive mix of prog and jazz genres. Without a question AREA's early 70's work is pure classic Ital prog, it was 1980's release "Tic & Tac" that caught my ear. Sounding something in between SOFT MACHINE and UZEB this album moves and moves and never really stops and takes a breath. The band lineup included Patrizio Fariselli (acoustic piano, M.C.S. 70 synthesizer and electric piano), Larry Nocella (tenor sax), Giulio Capiozzo (drums), Ares Tavolazzi (electric bass, double bass, guitar), Guido Guidoboni (trumpet), Luciano Biasutti (trumpet).

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#925) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 21, 2004

Review by Tom Ozric
4 stars Area were an incredible Italian band, progressive in every sense - especially when lead singer(and back-up keyboardist), Demetrio Stratos (R.I.P.) was in the band. Being a group of talented individuals, the remaining members decided NOT to replace Demetrio, after all NO-ONE could fill the void left by such a charismatic and creative character. Therefore, we have this, totally instrumental album, even closer to straight-ahead Jazz- Fusion than the avant-prog leanings of previous works. Take it from me, I have had this LP for a while, listened to it time and time again, and it sounds different each time !!

The first track opens up quite spacey, but ends up sounding like something off the Don Lane show, or what Paul Schaeffer and the CBS orchestra would dabble in. Their playing is absolutely precise, virtuosic and they tackle some really complex arrangements with ease, and most tracks hardly 'let up' until 'Chantee d'amour', with some of those last few tracks closer to their older style than most of the album, displaying slight avant-garde elements and dynamics. All up, a fine album, quite hard for me to describe because it's a bonanza of incredible playing and sounds, but comes off a little too 'serious'. 4 star as the musicianship is immaculate and shouldn't disappoint, especially for those into the jazzier end of prog.

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#104532) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Tic & Tac was the third album I decided to listen to by Area. I know, I skipped a few, but whatever. I'm a huge fan of jazz-fusion, which is what this album is entirely. Strangely, my favorite tracks by Area were usually the ones where Stratos didn't make an appearance. Though I don't hate his vocals and I actually think his voice added an interesting and unique dimension to Area, I always thought the instrumental plays in the band would've done just fine by themselves. Unfortunately, them playing without Stratos was the result his death. I am fortunate, however, that the band didn't decide to throw in the towel. The music that they've made on this album is very satisfying jazz-fusion in the vein of Weather Report, but definitely not as boring.

As of right now, I've only listened to this album, Arbeit Macht Frei, and Caution Radiation Area, but I'm convinced that Area is within my top 10 favorite bands of all time. Very few bands can loose and element of their music that was so unique and almost defining, and the come back making equally satisfying music. Any fan of jazz-fusion should enjoy the music found on this album and the other two albums mentioned above. This is highly recommended.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#435393) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 18, 2011

1 stars Good Heavens, what's the world coming to?! An Italian band imitating American elevator music? Just horrible and an absolute waste of time - unless you enjoy getting stuck in an elevator where only the piped sound remains operational. This is the first - and very last - Area album I've listen ... (read more)

Report this review (#910847) | Posted by BORA | Thursday, February 07, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Really, after Demetrio Stratos passed away, I really thought the remaining members of Area should have simply called it a day. Instead they decided to record an album in 1980 without him. Fine, if the music wasn't play-it-safe lite fusion, which is basically what they're doing. I understand that ... (read more)

Report this review (#286671) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Tuesday, June 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars 'Tic & Tac' is a fashioned oriented album. So it is difficult to judge this album, also because the music is not so fresh. After Demetrio Stratos death Area produces this 'Tic & Tac', a sort of fashioned album because Jazz Rock and Jazz Rock (in POP style) is the style of those time for too P ... (read more)

Report this review (#227932) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Thursday, July 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars this is a forgot and underrated record, which has been released after the death of Demetrio Stratos and thus is considered a minor release, while it is actually a very good instrumental jazz-fusion effort, with elements of progressive and Area's tipical intricate-but-somehow-catchy melodies. su ... (read more)

Report this review (#172079) | Posted by Warholizer | Saturday, May 24, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars For the review of this work I can't forget that is the first Area album after Demetrio Stratos death. Singers of that level are legends of the music, expecially for prog music. Anyway :'( ... "Tic Tac" is a real jazz-fusion album, maybe nothing to do with progressive music we're celebratin ... (read more)

Report this review (#35790) | Posted by dodaro | Wednesday, June 08, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AREA "Tic & Tac"