LIVE AT THE OLYMPIA 96

Buy DEEP PURPLE Music
Live, released in 1997

CD1 (50:40)
1. Fireball (4:48)
2. Maybe I'm A Leo (5:18)
3. Ted The Mechanic (4:21)
4. Pictures Of Home (5:58)
5. Black Night (6:28)
6. Cascades: I'm Not Your Lover (10:08)
7. Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming (7:03)
8. Woman From Tokyo (5:34)
9. No One Came (6:03)
10. The Perpendicular Waltz (5:02)

CD2 (52:00)
1. Rosa's Cantina (5:53)
2. Smoke On The Water (9:00)
3. When A Blind Man Cries (6:54)
4. Speed King (9:22)
5. Perfect Strangers (6:11)
6. Hey Cisco (5:50)

- Ian Paice / drums
- Roger Glover / bass & backing vocals

With:
- Vincent Chavagnac, Eric Mula & Christian Fouquet / horns

2 CD EMI 7243 8 57982 2 1 (1997, UK)

Thanks to NELMOMEDELPROG for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE Live At The Olympia 96 Music

EMI 1995
Perfect StrangersPerfect Strangers
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mercury 1999
In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)In Concert '72 (2012 Remix)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
NOW What?!NOW What?!
Deluxe Edition · CD+DVD · Extra tracks
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2013
THE DEEP PURPLE SINGLES LP RECORD 12" US $14.47 Buy It Now 31m 31s
DEEP PURPLE Self Titled 1989 Harvest Label CZ 172 1st Issue UK Import CD 1969 US $35.96 Buy It Now 36m 5s
DEEP PURPLE - Made In Europe ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $11.74 Buy It Now 38m 11s
Deep Purple RARE Japan 7 single Black Night Live Woman from Tokyo VINYL METAL US $8.99 Buy It Now 46m 40s
TRUE ROCK-3CDS/CHER/STATUS QUO/RAINBOW/DIO/DEEP PURPLE/INXS/FREE/IGGY POP/MAGNUM US $4.88 [0 bids]
48m 31s
A SOLDIER'S DAUGHTER never CRIES CD soundtrack DEEP PURPLE bowie 10CC Puente US $8.99 [0 bids]
54m 21s
CASSETE METAL HEART SCORPIONS DEEP PURPLE EUROPE GARY MOORE ACCEPT SKID ROW TOTO US $17.00 Buy It Now 58m 12s
V/A:HEAVY MOD 15TRK SEALED MOJO IMP YARDBIRDS,DEEP PURPLE,SMALL FACES,HUMBLE PIE US $1.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple-mark I & II.double lp dutch. US $24.49 Buy It Now 1h 8m
CASSETE THE MASTERS OF ROCK MICK JAGGER DEEP PURPLE RAINBOW CAN IGGY POP FOCUS US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Tommy Bolin Guitar Man Japan Book Deep Purple James Gang Stratocaster Guitar US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Vintage deep purple iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 2 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 2 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 3 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 3 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 4 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Vintage deep purple 4 iphone 4 4g 4s & 5 5s & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
DEEP PURPLE RARE EARLY CASSETTE 'SPECIALLY SELECTED' US $10.86 Buy It Now 1h 54m
DEEP PURPLE Music Sticker US $4.51 Buy It Now 2h 39m
ROGER GLOVER ( DEEP PURPLE ) THE MASK ( DUTCH 21 RECORDS 21027) 7"PS 1984 US $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 45m
JAPAN MINI LP CD CONDITION GREEN LIFE OF CHANGE (1ST) MURASAKI DEEP PURPLE US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Deep Purple - Very Best of 2000 (NEW CD) US $8.96 Buy It Now 3h 5m
STILL LOVING YOU SCORPIONS OZZY OSBOURNE DEEP PURPLE UFO NEAR MINT LP ISRAEL US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
DEEP PURPLE - THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT HUN. COPY! RARE! NM/NM FREE SHIPP US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
DEEP PURPLE: PERFECT STRANGERS LIVE [DVD] - NEW DVD US $12.67 Buy It Now 3h 30m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD LP INDIAN COPY! RARE! EX/EX FREE SHIPPING!!! US $36.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Don Airey - Light in the Sky CD (2008) (Deep Purple) US $13.86 Buy It Now 3h 35m
DEEP PURPLE (TOMMY & JON) - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF H3) US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 37m
DEEP PURPLE (TOMMY BOLIN) - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF H3) US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 37m
DEEP PURPLE - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF H3) US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Ian Gillan - Mercury High (The Story of) CD X 2 (2004) (Deep Purple) US $13.53 Buy It Now 3h 38m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE AT BBC 1969, 2012 YELLOW vinyl LP, 500 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
DEEP PURPLE - THE MARK 2 SINGLES LP MADE IN INDIA! RARE! FREE SHIPPING!!! US $24.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE AT MONTREUX/IN CONCERT - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.77 Buy It Now 3h 52m
DEEP PURPLE**1974: LIVE IN CALIFORNIA**CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Re-Machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head, Various Artists, New US $13.55 Buy It Now 4h 4m
New, Genuine DEEP PURPLE - Logo VINYL STICKER Decal US $2.76 Buy It Now 4h 5m
DEEP PURPLE~'MADE IN EUROPE'~Original U.S. Warners LP 1976~JW1/2 Matrix+FREE LP! US $16.31 Buy It Now 4h 15m
DEEP PURPLE. WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE. GATEFOLD. WARNER BROS. 1973. HARD ROCK US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 17m
DEEP PURPLE, STRANGE KIND OF WOMAN /I'M ALONE-Harvest HAR 5033-UK 7" 1971 US $5.21 Buy It Now 4h 25m
DEEP PURPLE - DAYS MAY COME AND MAY GO - ULTRA RARE - CD US $38.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE SMOKE ON THE WATER LP RUSSIA NEAR MINT RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
DEEP PURPLE *24 CARATE PURPLE* MEGA RARE ORIGINAL 1975 CASSETTE TAPE EXCELLENT US $18.08 Buy It Now 4h 26m
DEEP PURPLE 24 CARAT PURPLE ORIG. SWEDEN PURPLE RECORDS LP 1975 US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - 24K GOLD CD - AFZ 065 US $60.87 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - 24K GOLD CD - AFZ 098 AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24k Gold CD - AFZ 027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT - WPCR-13110 US $49.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Burn - Japan MINI LP SHM CD - New -WPCR-13115 US $55.16 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24 kt Gold CD - AFZ027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $47.51 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JEWEL CASE JAPAN SHM EDITION - NEW OOP - WPCR-13233 US $49.99 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - In Rock - 24K Gold CD - Audio Fidelity Sealed AFZ 051 US $61.17 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - 30: VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE - NEW CD US $15.31 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JAPAN HYBRID SACD - WPCR-14166 - NEW CD US $41.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - DEEPEST PURPLE THE VERY BEST OF DEEP PURPLE - JAPAN CD- WPCR-15318 US $42.01 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - JAPAN MINI LP COMPLETE SET OF 10 CD'S - MANY NOW OOP- NO PROMO BOX US $469.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - STORMBRINGER - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT - WPCR-13116 US $55.20 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - PERFECT STRANGERS - JAPAN JEWEL CASE CD - OOP UICY-75500 US $40.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - OUT OF PRINT US $53.48 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - Platinum Collection 3 DISC BOX SET - (CD, Mar-2005, Emi) BRAND NEW US $48.42 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - The Audio Fidelity Collection - (4 CD) 24K GOLD CD BOX SET #'D US $167.75 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL - GOLD CD - AUDIO FIDELITY - OUT OF PRINT - AFZ 098 US $61.15 [0 bids]
Deep Purple 1970 Vinyl Single Black Night/Speed King Harvest a1/b1 US $1.63 [0 bids]
Deep Purple Live At Montreux CD New Sealed US $2.86 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Deep Purple - Hell To Pay 7" limited to 500 # P 107 / 500 + Now What?! CD + DVD US $79.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
IRON MAIDEN DEEP PURPLE CRIMSON GLORY POSTER US $16.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Knocking at Your Back Door: The Best of Deep Purple in the 80's MINT!!! MINT!!! US $7.77 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Deep Purple, Deep Purple: Three Clasic Albums Audio CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
DEEP PURPLE 24 carat purple LP 8 track with a1/b1 matrices light wear to cover( US $9.60 Buy It Now 6h
DEEP PURPLE - THE ESSENTIAL DEEP PURPLE, Rock, EMI Music Australia **NEW CD** US $9.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
DEEP PURPLE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
DEEP PURPLE-Shades Of Deep Purple (Colored Vinyl) - Vinyl LP - Brand New, still US $19.86 Buy It Now 6h 14m
DEEP PURPLE CONCERT FOR GROUP & ORCHESTRA GATEFOLD LP*NEAR MINT THROUGHOUT A1 B1 US $32.57 Buy It Now 6h 14m
DEEP PURPLE - THE DEEP PURPLE SINGLES **NEW CD** US $10.81 Buy It Now 6h 15m
DEEP PURPLE - 24 CARAT PURPLE 12" Vinyl LP Record TPSM 2002 US $14.68 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Deep Purple Come Taste The Band Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP Whitesnake US $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR DOUBLE LP RECORD GOOD CONDITION WITH BOOK DEEP PURPLE US $5.49 [0 bids]
ALICE COOPER/DEEP PURPLE - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE ADVERT) (REF H8) US $6.45 Buy It Now 6h 38m
DEEP PURPLE-THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F45 US $28.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
DEEP PURPLE - Made In Japan (remastered) - 9xLP US $209.75 Buy It Now 6h 54m
DEEP PURPLE " SLAVES AND MASTERS " RARE ORIGINAL GREEK COPY LP , RCA 1990 US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h
Donny & Marie Osmond "Deep Purple" ORIGINAL NZ 7" US $7.24 Buy It Now 7h 2m
DEEP PURPLE Who Do We Think We Are Original Holland vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve US $24.47 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Battle Rages on - Deep Purple New & Sealed BLUE SPEC CD2 Free Shipping US $37.70 Buy It Now 7h 8m
DEEP PURPLE - DEEPEST PURPLE EX/EX RARE! INDIAN COPY! FREE SHIPPING!!! US $36.00 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers - 1984 Rock LP UK Pressing POLH16 US $16.31 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Deep Purple Machine Head and Burn w/ Covers US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - WHEN WE ROCK WE ROLL AND WHEN WE ROLL, WE ROLL - ORIGINAL LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE - MIGHT JUST TAKE../CORONARIAS.SP HUN.COPY! RARE! FREE SHIPPING!!! US $32.00 Buy It Now 7h 44m
IAN GILLAN BAND Scarabus 8 track TAPE!!!! DEEP PURPLE / BLACK SABBATH US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEEP PURPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEEP PURPLE Live At The Olympia 96 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

DEEP PURPLE Live At The Olympia 96 reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This double CD set is form their "Perpendicular" tour. It has been called an "official bootleg". It was issued short after the tour probably to by-pass the parallel market. Good idea.

It was recorded at the Olympia in Paris (mythical concert hall where Hendrix started his continental European career - November 1967 - amongst zillions of other great bands) This live set is absolutely no filler in your Purple collection. It really belongs to the best of their "offical" live repertoire. What's interesting to discover is :

1. Some tracks from "Perpendicular" which was really a good album.

2. The fact that they will play some very old tracks which were little performed at the time of their release.

The opener "Fireball" is one of them. It is one of the fastest number in the whole hard rock history. It ends with the riff from "Into the Fire"'s intro (from "In Rock"). Some words in French from Ian which is always nice to hear while playing in France. I guess that the Purple wanted to thank their older fan database by including less known number form their glorious Mark II era like "Maybe I'm A Leo" (from "Machine Head"). This song was my least preferred from the studio album but it is always nice to listen to it as a "souvenir" of my youth (I was eleven when I discovered the Deep (in 1970).

It is rather interesting to hear "Ted" just after this one because there are some similaraties although both numbers are separated by twenty-four years ! This one is also not my first choice on "Perpendicular". I would have liked them to play "Loosen My Strings" but this one will remain a hidden gem (like "Flying Of The Rat" and "Hard Lovin' Man").

Another fabulous song is "Pictures Of Home". IMO, the second best on "Machine Head" (after "Highway Star" of course). These songs are pretty similar in their struture. "Pictures" being more melodious. This live version is SUPERB. Morse doing an excellent job during his solo. A highlight.

I have already said my meaning about the current format for "Black Night" and "Smoke" : the audience participation just bores me to hell (even when I attend). So, no variation here. Both tracks are great as long as the audience is not involved. Jon Lord will perfrom a very good keyboard solo during "Black Night". The last two minutes are absolutely not worth and dull (you'd better edit them), even if Gillan is saying "Magnifique" after the track... (referring to the audience's performance).

"Cascades" was a good number from Perpendicular. This live rendition is almost double in lenght. We have the first "weird" sounds which will accompany several tracks till the end of the concert. I refer to a trio of trumpets, trombone and saxophone. What the hell is the need for this ???

In this song, they are not so present so it is not as annoying as in others. Morse again is brilliant. The mid section is incredible : you would say that Howe and Wakeman are playing with the Purple ! This part truely belongs to the Yes repertoire (as incredible as it might sound). Quite interesting. We'll get back to the hard rock side after four minutes or so.

The intro for "Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming" is quite funny. Gillan describes this feeling as follows : "At times, you ordered something from the room service, and one hour later they still haven't delivered. So, there is only one cure for this : it is to go down at the bar, have a few glass of whatever it takes you fancy together with your friends and it's called "I Feel Like..."). This is not the first time that Purple's lyrics refer to the life of a band while touring. This rendition is at times harder than the studio one but the end of the song is quite emotional during Steve's solo. Wonderful.

"Woman from Tokyo" will finally been played in its full version ! It is only justice for this great number. During the supporting tour for "The Battle Rages On" they will shorten it to about ... two minutes. So, here we have the full version which is great.

Another very old one from "Fireball" : "No One Came". I liked (and still do) that song pretty much (as the whole album by the way - I rated it four star). The problem here (and it is more noticeable than on "Cascades") are the brass. Absolutely out of purpose. Are we at a Vegas show or what ???

"Rosas Cantina" was one of the weakest song from "Perpendicular" so I do not know why they included it in their tour. Useless. "When A Blind Man Cries" is a lost gem from their "Machine Head" period. It will be released as B-side for "Never Before" and "Lazy" (edited version). It is a fabulous rock ballad like the Purple will release very few (too few actually). I do not know if Steve Morse was involved in its inclusion in the set list for that tour, cause maybe it reminded him a bit of "Dust In The Wind" (although he was not yet with Kansas at that time). The Wakemanesque intro is a wonderful moment. The whole track is just splendid, but so different from the usual Purple catalogue (that' s probably why they did not release it on "Machine Head" although it deserved it with no doubt.

Next song will be introduced as : "A ballad for you, and it's called ...". We get some nice little classic notes from Jon and then the monster starts : "Speed King". No intro as is the European release of "In Rock" but we are turned immediately into this crazy Purple tune. This version is quite extended. It is quite jam oriented for about three minutes, then we get a good drum solo from the master for about 1'30", then back to the jam. It reminds me more of the early days of Mark II, when jam was a second nature during Purple's concerts. With "Speed King" this tendency will last quite a while : I attended one of their concert in September 1998 and it lasted at least for fifteen minutes. But, I'm not complaining. This was the last song of their show. Gillan will say : "You've been fantastic, even the cool ones".

The first encore will be "Perfect Strangers". It's a bit a pity that so few songs from their reunion album (already twelve years old, of course) will be featured. Actually, there was unfortunately never a promotional tour for this album (lack of confidence maybe) ?

When the band comes back on stage, he will mention that the Olympia is quite a special place for them. They came to Paris a few months before (in March 1996 at "Le Zenith") but were asked to come back and perform at the Olympia. And they said "Yes". Who can refuse to perform at the "Olympia" ? "Hey Cisco" as the second encore works pretty well. Hard rocking like hell. It is a marvelous song. Full of power and dynamics.

Before the last encore, Ian will start trying some French exercise but will leave the floor to Jon. Still, he wil start in English and after a few words he will switch to French to introduce the three French guests who where on stage (trompet, sax and trombone). You can realize he must know some good French since he will say in his speech : "A gauche, mais pas si gauche", which is a play on word to say : "On my left, but not as awkward".

Purple will close the show with the best song of the Purple's entire catalogue (together with "Child In Time" of course) : "Highway star". Is there a best way to close a Purple concert nowadays ? I do not think so.

The sound is great. The track list is great. The Purple was in a great shape. In terms of prog, there were about three minutes of it during "Cascades"and twenty seconds in the intro for "Speed King" and a minute or so during the intro for "When A Blind Man Cries". The whole rest of the album is 200% hard rock like Purple will always deliver in their live sets.

Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#107452) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 14, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars Balanced Setlist, Good Performance

It seems to me like Deep Purple Mark II without Ritchie Blackmore. And I like Steve Morse guitar playing. It's quite surprising that this official bootleg has a good quality of studio and enjoyable to spin the CD. The first impression you might get from this live album is the setlist that combines nicely the old tunes as well as the new ones. From the opening part "Fireball" you might guess that the band still have a drive to play it after decades of the first release. The opening dynamic drumming work makes this song energetic and uplifting. It reminds me to the old days when the 70s music was in its glory days. It flows to the next classic song "Maybe I'm A Leo" which caught into my attention because I did not really pay into attention the original version of this song. But this song rocks! Ian Gillan plays it excellently on vocal part.

"Ted The Mechanic" is probably the song style that you would never find in earlier albums of Deep Purple. This song does not sound like Deep Purple but it's good that they explore the new boundary with music using horn section.Some friends of mine call that this is one of prog music by Deep Purple. "Pictures of Home", for me, is the best song of any Deep Purple songs. It has great composition and structure. When I say structure is how the band fills each segment different with the other in varied ways.I have to give two thumbs up for Steve Morse' own interpretation of Pictures of Home different than what Ritchie played in original album version. Both are enjoyable but Steve's is quite unique in style. The bass and drum parts also give the contribution beautifully. I also regularly re-play this song whenever I spin the CD.

It's also interesting to enjoy "Black Night" which is sung in modern equipment and a bit adjustment of Gillan's singing. "The Perpendicular Waltz" creates another music nuance which is very interesting to observe and enjoy.

On rarities, I have never found any Deep Purple "Live" albums contained also "When A Blind Man Cries". It would have been one of the band members was quite tired of distorted equipment. "Perfect Strangers" is a nice song, performed excellently by the band.

Overall, I find that this official bootleg album interesting and may be not well recognized by many people. But I have never been disappointed with this good performance by the band. On live vibes, it's not as good as "Made In Japan" but it's enjoyable. Keep on rockin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#154573) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2007

4 stars This gig was recorded as part of their Purpendiculair Tour in 1996....Blackmore already left the band, again and so he was replaced by Steve Morse....as can be heard a we'll talented guitarist....but no matter how you turn it, Morse is no Blackmore and not a guitar icon and one of the last still ... (read more)

Report this review (#202260) | Posted by Daniel1974nl | Tuesday, February 10, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars well..a good live double album..the voice of ian is still good on this album,but not very good as before...the good thing about this one..is the guitar men in front..Steve morse..all the solos that he play are very good,in my opinion is better than blackmore,and he creates good solos along with ... (read more)

Report this review (#127478) | Posted by JgX 5 | Tuesday, July 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Very, very overated live album...compared to any other DP live album this lacks so much excitement and fire, only Woman From Tokyo is worthwhile because you hear the whole song live for the first time. ... (read more)

Report this review (#122795) | Posted by analogueaddict | Saturday, May 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Another in a long line of live outings from Deep Purple, this time featuring the Mk 5 version of the band (Mk 2 with Steve Morse on guitar instead of Ritchie Blackmore). It was recorded on the Purpendicular tour at the Olympia in Paris. There is a great mixture of the older classic songs wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#114255) | Posted by jimpetrie2000 | Monday, March 05, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars REALLY: 4,87 (ESSENTIAL!!! Masterpiece Of Prog Music!!! ESSENTIAL IN EVERY DISCOGRAPHY!!!) Here a live of today in a position of to fight with the sacred monsters of the 70's! "Live At The olympia 96" has all the cards in rule to be large. In fact: 1) Emotion really a lot; 2) There are all ... (read more)

Report this review (#69473) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 15, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "Live At The Olympia 96"