RADIO WAVES (EP)

Roger Waters

Roger Waters Radio Waves (EP) album cover

Buy ROGER WATERS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1987

1. Radio Waves (remix) (7:00)
2. Going to Live in L.A. (5:52)
3. Radio Waves (7 inch version) (3:47)

Search ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (EP) lyrics

Search ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (EP) tabs

- Roger Waters / vocals, bass, guitars
- And others (not listed)

12" vinyl: USA Columbia 44 06816 (1987), UK EMI 12EM 6 (1987), Australia CBS 650941 6 (1987), France EMI 201824 (1987)
CD: UK EMI CDEM 6 (cardboard sleeve) (1987)

Other editions of the 12" vinyl exist, some are promo copies. This entry is not the same as the 7" single which lacks the remixed version of Radio Waves.

Thanks to progaeopteryx for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (EP) Music

Island / Mercury 1998
Roger Waters CollectionRoger Waters Collection
Box set · Import
Sony Import 2011
NM! ROGER WATERS-PINK FLOYD Flickering Flame JAPAN PROMO-ONLY CASSETTE :SICP-122 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
ROGER WATERS The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking LP 1c 064-2401051 1984 DMM EX+ US $65.28 Buy It Now 2h 2m
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN, 1990 [REMASTERED] [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $13.48 Buy It Now 2h 41m
roger waters - the wall - live in berlin - MERCURY 1980 - UNPLAYED US $99.00 [0 bids]
Ron Geesin Roger Waters / Music from BodyLP 1st Harvest Press UK EMI Pink Floyd US $28.04 Buy It Now 4h 23m
ROGER WATERS/THE WHO - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE ADVERT) (REF GD) US $6.45 Buy It Now 5h 51m
ROGER WATERS Radio K.A.O.S. CD BRAND NEW KAOS Pink Floyd US $13.33 Buy It Now 6h 5m
ROGER WATERS AMUSED TO DEATH RIDICULOUSLY RARE CD / LP COVER ART POSTER FLOYD US $54.95 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Pink Floyd rare collectible 2 lp knobs 1977 England classic rock roger waters US $38.00 [12 bids]
EX 1987 Pink Floyd ROGER WATERS ~ RADIO KAOS LP Vinyl Record ~ Columbia FC40795 US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h
PINK FLOYD Meddle US PRESSING Vintage CASSETTE Tape 4XW 832 psych ROGER WATERS US $6.00 [0 bids]
Roger Waters Columbia 45 Record #07180 NM Going To Live In L.A. / Radio Waves US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Pink Floyd Relics LP Record Vinyl & Jacket Harvest SW-759 1971 Roger Waters US $45.00 Buy It Now 10h 59m
ROGER WATERS - WHAT GOD WANTS, PART 1 CD 1992 CSK 4607 SINGLE US $9.49 Buy It Now 11h 17m
PINK FLOYD MEDDLE HARVEST SHVL 795 GATEFOLD TEXTURED SLEEVE ROGER WATERS RARE LP US $53.87 [13 bids]
PINK FLOYD MORE SOUNDTRACK ROGER WATERS BARBET SCHROEDER US $4.99 [0 bids]
MARIANNE FAITHFULL Sparrows Will Sing UK 1-trk promo test CD Roger Waters US $8.15 [1 bids]
CD-Roger Waters-Music from..Pink floyd prog psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
VERY RARE - PINK FLOYD - ROGER WATERS - ORIGINAL HAND SIGNED AUTOGRAPH US $40.79 [1 bids]
ROGER WATERS 2CD Flickering Flame 2002 OOP CD Japan SICP-122 PINK FLOYD US $16.83 [1 bids]
ROGER WATERS 2CD In The Flesh 2000 OOP CD Japan SRCS-2393/4 PINK FLOYD US $16.83 [1 bids]
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS VIDEOS Lot Pack Live Concerts Movie PSYCH ROCK AMBIENT US $31.66 Buy It Now 16h 22m
ROGER WATERS CD LOT OF 3! AMUSED TO DEATH,RADIO KAOS,PROS & CONS OF HITCHHIKING US $6.00 [1 bids]
ROGER WATERS Radio Waves LP 12 Inch Single 1987 Columbia CAS 2723 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters Radio K.A.O.S. Pink Floyd Promo Japan US $89.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
ROGER WATERS *RADIO K.A.O.S * ORIGINAL 1987 CD ALBUM IN EXCELLENT CONDITION US $17.64 Buy It Now 19h
PINK FLOYD A Collection of Great Dance Songs NM AL 37680 Roger Waters Gilmour US $18.95 Buy It Now 20h 22m
ROGER WATERS PINK FLOYD THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING / IN SHRINK WITH OBI US $149.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
ROGER WATERS (PINK FLOYD) - "CA IRA" 2-CD 2005 1st US PROMO NM (Sony Classical) US $22.88 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Roger waters trust us rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Roger waters trust us 2 rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Roger waters trust us 3 rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Roger waters trust 4 us rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
In The Flesh Live - Roger Waters US $14.45 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS RADIO K.A.O.S. REMASTERED CD NEW US $17.18 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS AMUSED TO DEATH CD NEW US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS IN THE FLESH LIVE 2 CD NEW US $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS IN THE FLESH LIVE 2 CD & DVD PAL NEW US $25.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters Wall Japan Laserdisc 96 Reissue Pink Floyd US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEGA RARE-ROGER WATERS-"AMUSED TO DEATH" 1 PRESS,COLUMBIA 1992. US $142.50 [8 bids]
7" 45 w/PS ROGER WATERS The Tide Is Turning - Money NM EM-37 UK ORIG EB678 US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
roger waters radio waves album US $6.99 [0 bids]
roger waters pros and cons of hitchhiking album US $5.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS-RADIO WAVES - 12" Vinyl (Radio Waves/Going to Live in L.A.) 44 0681 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - Music From The Body [CD New] US $13.72 Buy It Now 1 day
New Pink Floyd Calendar 2007 MINT Sealed Roger Waters David Gilmour Nick Mason US $24.47 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - In The Flesh [CD New] US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ça Ira, Roger Waters, Good Enhanced US $9.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd shine on box set 9 cd ,ltd deleted , Roger Waters ,LTD EDITION ROCK US $179.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - 5:01 AM - Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking - Columbia - Promo - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RON GEESIN-BLUEFUSE-Gently used CD-Pink Floyd-Roger Waters-1993 U.K. Import US $6.98 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS 5.01 AM (The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking) 12" vinyl promo single US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters NEW 2 CASSETTES The Wall Live In Berlin US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD-ROGER WATERS Amused To Death JAPAN Mini-LP CD MHCP693 Obi+Mini Labels US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters Wall Japan Laserdisc Promo Leaf Pink Floyd US $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS MUSIC FROM THE BODY, NM CONDITION. US $14.95 [0 bids]

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (EP) ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (EP) reviews

Review by progaeopteryx
2 stars Radio Waves was a single released off of Roger Waters' Radio K.A.O.S. in 1987. This version is a 12" single featuring an extended remix of Radio Waves, the song Going to Live in L.A. which was not included on Radio K.A.O.S., and the 7" single version of Radio Waves.

Radio K.A.O.S. was not one of Roger's best works, and Radio Waves was not one of Roger's best songs, nor one of the better ones off of Radio K.A.O.S. Nevertheless, it was probably the most danceable thing Roger had released since Another Brick in the Wall. So why not make a more danceable version of Radio Waves? Apparently most of the brain cells back in 1987 were on a picnic. Ultimately, the extended version has the bass and drums brought more forward in the mix, thus not really improving the song in any imaginable way.

Going to Live in L.A. didn't make it onto the final release of Radio K.A.O.S. If you remember the storyline of the album, this song is about Benny going to live at his great Uncle David's in Los Angeles. It basically sounds just like the music from Radio K.A.O.S. which means it really isn't as exciting as, for example, jellybeans.

I suspect that, like other 12" singles of the time, this release is probably rare nowadays. However, it really isn't worth the effort to search for unless you are a completionist or collector of rare singles of prog and prog related musicians.

Send comments to progaeopteryx (BETA) | Report this review (#73195) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 26, 2006

Review by progaardvark
2 stars If you're into collecting hard-to-find 12-inch singles from prog rock stars that fell into that bottomless pit of mediocrity in the 1980s, then this is for you. Roger Waters' Radio Waves EP featured an extended remix version of Radio Waves (the single off of Radio K.A.O.S.), the "7-inch" version of the same song (i.e., what was played on the radio), and a song that is part of the Radio K.A.O.S. storyline but didn't make it onto the studio album called Going to Live in L.A.

Radio Waves itself was an okay pop song at the time, though Waters' voice really didn't fit it well, sounding rough and almost like he couldn't keep up with the song's momentum. The version off of Radio K.A.O.S. was better than both the remix and 7-inch versions, even though Radio Waves wasn't even the best song off that studio album. The extended remix version, as you might have guessed, was more danceable and may have been marketed to dance clubs (imagine that!). At least that's what most of those 1980s 12-inch singles were intended for.

The only song of any interest here is the one that didn't make it onto Radio K.A.O.S., that being Going to Live in L.A. I'm not going to go into the storyline of this because like many of Waters' projects, it wanders around and deals with too much. We'll all just get lost and wonder what on earth we've been talking about. Musically, it's more interesting than most of the material on Radio K.A.O.S. carrying a mostly driving beat, but I'd have a hard time fitting it into a good position on the album. I guess anywhere would work and make just about as much sense as the rest of the album (if Roger is reading this, I hope he has a sense of humor).

Obviously this is for collectors only. For those of you enamored with the Radio K.A.O.S. album, this is probably a must-have. Waters completionists might also be interested. Hardly worth anyone else's interest. Two stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#138005) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2007

2 stars A couple of songs from RADIO KAOS, although "Going to Live in LA" actually didn't make the record cut, it is still a part of the overall story. I prefer the album version to this EP version of "Radio Waves". Roger Waters "pop" I guess. It is not even what I consider the best track off of the a ... (read more)

Report this review (#435647) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, April 19, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The single, hard to find now on vinyl, but available on many bootleg compilations, such as Treefull Of Secrets, is an interesting time capsule. Driven by a propulsive, but hardly unique, beat and phase shifting guitar, Radio Waves features Waters at his most (only??) blatant attempt to reach a co ... (read more)

Report this review (#114499) | Posted by DantesRing | Thursday, March 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "Radio Waves (EP)"