MONDAY MORNING APOCALYPSE

Evergrey Monday Morning Apocalypse album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy EVERGREY Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Monday Morning Apocalypse (3:11)
2. Unspeakable (3:55)
3. Lost (3:14)
4. Obedience (4:14)
5. The Curtain Fall (3:09)
6. In Remembrance (3:34)
7. At Loss For Words (4:14)
8. Till Dagmar (1:40)
9. Still In The Water (5:18)
10. The Dark I Walk You Through (4:20)
11. I Should (4:52)

- Tom S. Englund / guitars, vocals
- Henrik Danhage / guitars
- Rikard Zander / keyboards
- Michael Håkansson / bass

CD Inside/Out Records (2006)

and to Shaaman666 for the last updates

EVERGREY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EVERGREY Monday Morning Apocalypse Music

Hymns For The Broken (ltd. 2CD digipak edition)Hymns For The Broken (ltd. 2CD digipak edition)
Limited Edition
Limited Edition · Special Edition
Steamhammer Us 2004
Night to Remember: Live 2004Night to Remember: Live 2004
Steamhammer Us 2005
EVERGREY - A Night To Remember: Live 2004 2CD IMPORT SLIPCOVER US $9.89 Buy It Now 12h 6m
EVERGREY**THE INNER CIRCLE**CD US $7.74 Buy It Now 14h 47m
EVERGREY **Hymns for the Broken **BRAND NEW CD!! US $13.48 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Evergrey - Glorious Collision [CD New] US $12.76 Buy It Now 19h 30m
Evergrey Hymns for the Broken Box set fanbox box set US $80.00 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Monday Morning Apocalypse by Evergrey (CD, Mar-2006, Steamhammer) US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 3m
Evergrey - The Inner Circle CD 2004 Inside Out power metal US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 11m
Evergrey Torn CD 2009 used NM / NM Argentina Press + one bonus track Icarus US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Evergrey Wrong cardboard sleeve 2-track CD single 2011 new and unused US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Evergrey - Decade & A Half (Best Of) CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Evergrey - Glorious Collision CD US $18.74 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERGREY - GLORIOUS COLLISION NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERGREY - THE INNER CIRCLE - NEW CD US $5.60 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERGREY THE DARK DISCOVERY 1rst PRESS GNW02 US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Evergrey - A Night To Remember SEALED 2CDS MADE IN GERMANY US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERGREY - INNER CIRCLE US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Torn by Evergrey (CD, Sep-2008, Steamhammer) US $0.99 [1 bids]
EVERGREY Recreation Day CD 2001 Progressive / Power Metal US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RYKO DISTRIBUTION CD SAMPLER 3 - BEYOND FEAR, EVERGREY, MOONSPELL, JEHRO, US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Inner Circle by Evergrey (CD, Apr-2004, Inside Out Music) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Recreation Day by Evergrey (CD, Feb-2003, Steamhammer) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Monday Morning Apocalypse by Evergrey (CD, Mar-2006, Steamhammer) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey - Torn CD Limited Edition 2008 Steamhammer US $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Evergrey - Hymns For The Broken [CD New] US $14.18 Buy It Now 4 days
A Decade And A Half - Evergrey New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Evergrey - Recreation Day CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Evergrey - In Search For Truth CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 6 days
CIRCLE II CIRCLE-THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE-CD-progressive-power-savatage-evergrey US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Hymns For The Broken (ltd. 2CD digipak edition) by Evergrey CD (2014) Brand New US $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
EVERGREY Glorious Collision - CD - SOYUZ MUSIC import US $11.90 Buy It Now 7 days
EVERGREY - A DECADE AND A HALF - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.02 Buy It Now 7 days
EVERGREY - DECADE & A HALF: BEST OF NEW CD US $22.77 Buy It Now 8 days
Evergrey - Decade & A Half (Best Of) [CD New] US $13.00 Buy It Now 8 days
A Night to Remember: Live 2004 CD EVERGREY (FREE SH ) US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
EVERGREY Monday Morning Apocalypse+1 ( new masterpiece US $8.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Hymns For The Broken by Evergrey (Audio CD) US $19.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Evergrey - Inner Circle [CD New] US $8.58 Buy It Now 9 days
ENGEL Absolute Design CD In Flames Evergrey Lord Belial Passenger / Spv 2007 US $12.83 Buy It Now 9 days
Evergrey - Glorious Collision NEW 2 x LP US $43.57 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - Torn - CD +1Bonus track US $8.49 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - A DECADE AND A HALF - 309632 US $16.50 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - GLORIOUS COLLISION - 308762 US $14.01 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - THE INNER CIRCLE (SPEC.ED.) - 60730 US $13.42 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - TORN - 92842 US $18.68 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY - TORN LTD. EDITION - 92840 US $15.50 Buy It Now 10 days
Evergrey : In Search Of Truth CD (2010) US $16.00 Buy It Now 10 days
EVERGREY **Hymns for the Broken **BRAND NEW DELUXE 2 CD SET! US $15.96 Buy It Now 11 days
Glorious Collision - Evergrey New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 11 days
Hymns For The Broken (ltd. 2CD digipak edition) by Evergrey (Format: Audio CD) US $20.75 Buy It Now 11 days
Evergrey - The Inner Circle (Spec.Ed.) (NEW CD) US $16.42 Buy It Now 11 days
Evergrey - Glorious Collision (NEW CD) US $16.42 Buy It Now 11 days
Evergrey - Torn Ltd. Edition (NEW CD) US $16.42 Buy It Now 11 days
Evergrey - A Decade And A Half (NEW CD) US $16.42 Buy It Now 11 days
Evergrey - Glorious Collision (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $39.26 Buy It Now 11 days
EVERGREY monday morning apocalypse CD DIGIPAK US $8.95 Buy It Now 11 days
EVERGREY - IN SEARCH OF TRUTH [727701202525] - NEW CD US $6.32 Buy It Now 12 days
EVERGREY-TORN CD NEW US $11.64 Buy It Now 12 days
Hymns for the Broken [9/29] by Evergrey (CD, Sep-2014, AFM (USA)) US $11.25 Buy It Now 12 days
EVERGREY - HYMNS FOR THE BROKEN [9/29] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.28 Buy It Now 12 days
EVERGREY - HYMNS FOR THE BROKEN [9/29] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $11.17 Buy It Now 12 days
Glorious Collision * by Evergrey (Vinyl, Nov-2011, SPV) US $19.36 Buy It Now 12 days
EVERGREY - GLORIOUS COLLISION - NEW CD US $9.78 Buy It Now 13 days
Evergrey - Inner Circle [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Evergrey - Glorious Collision [Vinyl New] US $22.33 Buy It Now 13 days
The Inner Circle [Bonus Tracks] [Limited] by Evergrey (CD, Apr-2004,... US $7.05 Buy It Now 13 days
Glorious Collision - Evergrey New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $28.05 Buy It Now 13 days
Monday Morning Apocalypse by Evergrey (CD, Mar-2006, Steamhammer) US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
EVERGREY - GLORIOUS COLLISION NEW VINYL US $29.65 Buy It Now 13 days
EVERGREY - INNER CIRCLE - BONUS TRACKS (LTD) NEW CD US $14.15 Buy It Now 13 days
KARAOKE/EVERGREY - MONDAY MORNING APOCALYPSE - NEW CD US $6.91 Buy It Now 14 days
The Inner Circle [Bonus Tracks] [Limited] by Evergrey (CD, Apr-2004, US $5.31 Buy It Now 14 days
Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 14 days
EVERGREY: GLORIOUS COLLISION NEW CD 2011 US $13.63 Buy It Now 14 days
The Inner Circle by Evergrey (CD, Apr-2004, Steamhammer) US $5.78 Buy It Now 14 days
EVERGREY Inner Circle CD Progressive Metal NEW 2004 Special Edit US $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
EVERGREY - INNER CIRCLE NEW CD US $14.15 Buy It Now 14 days
Evergrey - Inner Circle CD STEAMHAMMER/SPV (GER) US $13.20 Buy It Now 15 days
Evergrey - Glorious Collision [CD New] US $13.37 Buy It Now 15 days
EVERGREY CD - HYMNS FOR THE BROKEN [2 DISCS](2014) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL US $22.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Evergrey - Inner Circle CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 16 days
EVERGREY - TORN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $7.06 Buy It Now 16 days
EVERGREY A Night to Remember Live ( progmetal 2 CD set US $8.80 Buy It Now 16 days
Solitude Dominance Tragedy (Spec), Evergrey, Good Special Edition, Limited Editi US $30.28 Buy It Now 16 days
EVERGREY - TORN NEW CD US $14.15 Buy It Now 17 days
Torn by Evergrey *New CD* US $7.14 Buy It Now 17 days
Evergrey - IN SEARCH OF TRUTH CD 2001 IMPORT METAL RULES US $7.19 Buy It Now 17 days
Evergrey - Torn [CD New] US $10.04 Buy It Now 17 days
EVERGREY**MONDAY MORNING APOCALYPSE**CD US $7.74 Buy It Now 18 days
EVERGREY - IN SEARCH OF TRUTH - NEW CD US $20.03 Buy It Now 18 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD MARCEL COENEN PLANET X EVERGREY PAIN OF SALVATION DREAM THEATER US $7.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Variah - Betrayfull Sins (Dream Theater, Evergrey) US $8.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Evergrey: Monday Morning Apocalypse CD 2006 InsideOut Music SPV 48882 CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Evergrey : In Search Of Truth (French Import) CD US $13.23 Buy It Now 19 days
Evergrey - Torn CD Pop Rock US $13.03 Buy It Now 19 days
Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse (2006) US $9.54 Buy It Now 19 days
VOID OF REASON - S/T (for fans of Evergrey) US $4.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Glorious Collision by Evergrey *New CD* US $10.62 Buy It Now 19 days
A Decade and a Half by Evergrey *New CD* US $10.99 Buy It Now 19 days
EVERGREY-MONDAY MORNING APOCALYPSE + BONUS TRACK . SHIP TO USA 8$ US $12.00 Buy It Now 19 days

More places to buy EVERGREY music online Buy EVERGREY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EVERGREY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EVERGREY Monday Morning Apocalypse ratings distribution

EVERGREY Monday Morning Apocalypse reviews

Review by imoeng
3 stars Monday Morning Apocalypse

Evergrey's sixth studio album, released in 2006. I have the CD with the bonus tracks, Closure, or at least, that is what the CD cover said. For me, it is a good metal album, in fact, very good. The songs are great with dynamic music with great feeling (feeling of heavy metal of course). However, the progressive element can hardly be feel, if I relate the CD to the "definition of progressive rock".

It is true that progressive music should have somewhat long arrangement, which allows the musicians to go to different things, to try many different things on the song. The songs on Monday Morning Apocalypse are around 3 to 4 minutes, which are totally different with what progressive music should be. I know that this issue is not "compulsory" in progressive music, however it is really good if the songs are longer than 3 to 4 minutes.

The music composition is great, good arrangement, very good songs, very dynamic and metal. But again, when I started to enjoy one song that song has over which I think is the disadvantage of having short length of song. In terms of musicianship, the album doesn't show a really great level of it. Lets get back again to the progressive rock terminology. It states that a certain level of virtuosity is important in progressive rock music, and I believe progressive metal music really needs a quite high level of virtuosity. On some songs, there are some great solos and great drum riffs, however I don't really feel it is very good.

Above all, what I like from this album is the style of the music, very metal. Probably it is just me, because I really like metal songs, especially progressive metal. So if you are looking for good metal songs, this album will suits you. But don't buy it if you are looking for "strange" (good strange) progressive song, cause many songs in this album use 4/4 beat.

So in the end I'd give three stars, good metal album but lack of progressiveness.

Keep Proggin' On The Free World!!

Send comments to imoeng (BETA) | Report this review (#84056) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Review by The T
1 stars Being a completionist is sometimes a bad thing, bad for your wallet but also, as in this case, for your ears and mind. I had the two previous Evergrey albums (Inner Circle and Recreation Day), then I got In search of Truth, and when their new album hit the shelves, I forgot to read some reviews first as I thought this band was a proven thing. But just before listening to the record for the first time, I read a review in another website that really bashed this album; I got scared, but I kept on believing that, after such quality, powerful, progressive-metal records as the two preceding this one, it was impossible for a band to fall so low as that review stated it did. Then I listened to the cd; then I did it again; a few weeks after, I tried for the third time, trying to convince myself I was sleepy or something the first two times; but then, I finally gave up...

...this really is a bad, bad album, almost crappy. Truly.

Where is the Evergrey of such powerful, almost majestic songs like "Recreation Day" or " A touch of blessing" (their best song ever)? Where is the well crafted, multi-layered structures I heard before? Where is the keyboard player?

This album is not progressive metal by any means. It's made up of repetitive, boring, simple, mundane mtv-like rock songs. Every song in this record is shorter than 4 minutes but a couple, which, by the way, are longer not because of interesting, complex solos or instrumental passages but due to dragging, mind-numbing noises or riffs. The riffs in this album are so vulgar, not one original one, not one. Edlund, a good singer, yells more than sings, but for me the worst aspects of this opus are this three:

-no musical build up to great choruses Well, there's hardly any chorus you will remember.

-no instrumental passages, no musical textures, the simplest harmonies.

-no keyboard. Remember, again, "A touch of blessing"? Remember how the little ostinato played in the keys enhanced the main riff of the song's verse? Well, all of that is gone.

The worst part is, there's not a memorable song, not one. The title track happens to be the best (or least bad) maybe only because is the only attempt at writing a decent chorus in the whole cd.

And the lyrics.... After dealing with interesting subjects we get things like: "inside out going outside in"... Do they think they sound smart by doing that play of words that I've heard 100 times before?

I hope it's just a slip and not a fall for this talented band. Their previous outing was almost in the threshold of greatness, but now I think they tried to get into MTV. Yes, they really thought they could make millions. They even did a photo session dressed like that.

In the end is originality what this album lacks the most (besides melodies, choruses, solos, etc). They tried so hard to sound like mainstream hard-rock bands, they forgot what is that that they do well; mainstream bands at least make songs you remember after a while.

Not recommended for: every prog-lover or good music lover

Recommended for:....probably only to someone that tried to get into mtv's website and got here by mistake...I don't know how you can do that, but if Evergrey can come up with this kind of album, ther must be someone who can do that, too.

Send comments to The T (BETA) | Report this review (#94853) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Review by Gatot
3 stars I fully agree with what Imoeng has mentioned that this album is more on metal than prog metal. Almost all songs were composed in straightforward structure with nearly no significant breaks or curved lines. If you enjoy melodic metal with guitar riffs and some guitar solo, this album is definitely for you. When I say "melodic" don't imagine something as nearly as Royal Hunt music because this album has more heavy riffs than any Royal Hunt album. Removing all prog expectations from your mind, this album is a good one to enjoy. Accept the music "as is" not what you expect should be.

The opening track "Monday Morning Apocalypse" has all the heavy riffs and rhythm section and some guitar solos. It flows beautifully to softer music of "Unspeakable" which I like the guitar riffs and rhythm section. I'm sure if you love metal music, this track and previous one will satisfy your needs. You got everything: heavy rhythm and riffs as well as melody and guitar solo. This also happens with next track "Lost" and moves into softer one in "Obedience" intro which gives us a kind of "break". But the music of "Obedience" moves up to heavier one. Nice guitar riffs are delivered here, augmented with keyboard section.

On track 6 "In Remembrance" the band brings us to really a softer music but still in the vein of metal. For some reason, when I listen to this track, my memory brings me back to the voice of David Coverdale of Deep Purple. I would say that this is like Deep Purple plays metal music. "At Loss For Words" brings the music back to heavy guitar riffs and high register notes on vocal line. The music reaches its true break when soft piano touch fills "Till Dagmar" - a short bridge that connects to "Still In The Water" - another upbeat tempo music. "The Dark I walk You Through" has again reminded me to the voice of David Coverdale with heavy riffs augmented with nice piano sounds. "I Should" is another good composition.

Overall, this album would satisfy those of you who favor metal music. For me personally, I was a bit disappointed because when I bought the CD at local store I expected that it would sound proggier than this one. It does not mean that I don't like this record, it's good for my ears. Removing all prog clouds that might be around your mind, you might be able to enjoy this album as well. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#96382) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Windhawk
2 stars It is rare that I come across such a well-produced album containing such mediocrity.

Because this release is very well produced, the band sound good and tight - but whatever happened to songwriting?

Generic metal of the kind popular in the late eighties and early nineties is what this release contains. And even effective use of the keyboard to enhance the moods can't hide the fact that the songs are predictable to the point of being plain boring.

Lots of guitars but with little or no variety, lots of aggressive and melodramatic metal vocals with little or no variety. Very predictable song structures; no surprises, no "moments of wonder".

All sparkles of creativity seem to be long gone; what's left is well produced music without a soul.

Two tracks are a bit better than the rest: "Monday Morning Apocalypse" and "Still In The Water". Worth listening to for the curious.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#105308) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Review by Man Overboard
5 stars I picked up Evergrey's Monday Morning Apocalypse in April, hoping for another concept album filled with epic-length tracks and extended instrumental breaks. Instead, I got an album with 3-4 minute tracks, that seemed to be the anti-Evergrey. I despised it. I panned it. I couldn't even bring myself to review it, I hated it that much. I recall giving my copy to a friend, and he ended up using it as a coaster, and the booklet as a dartboard.

Well, another buddy lent me a bunch of albums, and this was one of them. I thought I'd listen to it again, seeing if it was still so laughably bad.

To my surprise, it's not. It's utterly -amazing-. This might be Evergrey's best work yet. It's extremely focused, without a single wasted note. It's a very sacrificial record; no single musician is spotlighted at the expense of the song. The arrangements are brilliant, being accessible on the surface, but constantly changing and evolving within a tight framework. The solos, while short, are the most technical and creative that they've ever done. The keys, while generally low in the mix, are -perfect-, always accentuating the rhythm with clever, subtle melodies; when they take the lead, it's never excessive, and always fitting for the moment.

Lyrically, a different approach is taken; instead of a single concept for the whole album, there are a handful small stories, weaving threads throughout the album. Some of them are very dark, some are depressing, but all are classic Evergrey.

This album is not an attempt to sell out. This album is not Evergrey being lazy. Monday Morning Apocalypse is dark progressive metal, distilled completely to its purest essence, like a shot of Everclear to the throat. It never lets up, and it'll take many, many listens to discover every last nook and cranny of its subtle brilliance. Many fans will miss the noodling and extended breaks, but with an open mind and an ear for prog done a different, more mature way, this could easily become a favorite for years to come.

I feel no hesitation giving this album 5 stars; it's Evergrey at their finest, and a successful experiment at a new, mature, deceptively intricate way of creating progressive music.

Send comments to Man Overboard (BETA) | Report this review (#107376) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 13, 2007

Review by UMUR
1 stars Evergrey hit the bottom with this, what a lame affair. Tom S. Englund must really have run out of ideas, because this is repetitive and even more heavy metal inspired than the last two albums. I can´t find one riff or melody I like on this album. It´s that generic. Believe me when I say that you shouldn´t waste your time on this. To think that I once compared Evergrey to the mighty Nevermore is just laughable these days. This band have destroyed their reputation with this album ( and the two previous ones).

Just listen to the title, it´s hilariously stupid. I have really tried to listen to this with an open mind, and allthough I feel like I succeeded the album is still crappy. If you wan´t music like Evergrey once played: Dark slightly progressive metal with clever lyrics and brutal riffs listen to the ever consistent Nevermore instead. The only albums Evergrey have made worth listening to are Solitude + Dominance + Tragedy and In Search of Truth. The rest is forgettable and even worse a waste of time.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#153203) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 30, 2007

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
1 stars Geez, what a load of crap! This may be the worst metal album I’ve ever heard, and I’ve heard some pretty weak ones. I don’t know much of anything about Evergrey, but after reading some great reviews of their previous albums I expected something complex, varied and, well – progressive. Missed on all counts by a country mile…

I’ve heard all these guitar riffs before, starting around 1978 with Def Leppard and continuing along the lines of Ratt and Poison (two bands who should have been required by law to tour together), and ending somewhere around the time I grew tired of the same three of four power chords screaming around to the beat of a speed-freak drummer. Talk about a disappointment.

And to make things worse, these aren’t even complete songs for the most part. Nearly all of them are three or four minute long mini-orgies of ponderous vocals, insipid lyrics and sheer boredom. Ronnie James Dio would turn over in his grave (if he were dead).

I played this thing three or four times trying to find something good to say about it, but really there’s just no use. The biggest challenge I had was fighting to stay awake and not shove pencils in my ears to make the noise go away. I actually wish I could think of something objective to say since there’s a good chance this review will be deleted by an administrator for being overly critical, but on the remote possibility that someone else who hasn’t heard the band might pick this up I feel an obligation to warn them away, so I’ll take the chance.

Nothing worth listening to here – go find a nice Rainbow album if you want to hear power chords put to good use. This isn’t the sort of thing you want to cut your progressive metal teeth on. Two stars only because the band must have fans, and some of them have undoubtedly collected this one. Not worth checking out by anyone else. Sorry to be so blunt but some things don’t deserve sugar-coating.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#173880) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After two bombastic power metal albums, Evergrey returned to a more down-stripped melodic metal sound. If didn't charm many fans but I got drawn to it by a couple of positive reviews. In retrospect it is certainly not as good as their first albums but as an introduction to Evergrey it came at the right time for me.

The synths have all but disappeared so we get a solidly rocking metal sound. It almost sounds like a grunge album. Tom S Englund's vocals are produced without the reverb of the preceding albums, the drums are dry and crisp and the guitars full and sharp. The songs have traditional verse-chorus structures and are decidedly more accessible then anything Evergrey put out. I guess songs like Unspeakable and Lost almost sound like glam metal tracks to the fans. With the melodious verses and anthemic choruses it will sure appeal to traditional metal audiences.

I suspect Evergrey now regret this turn to a more commercial sound. They sure did their best to make up for it by returning to their old style on the next album. But this one, mainstream as it may sound, has the better songwriting. For fans of Dio, Kamelot and the likes.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#279921) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 30, 2010

4 stars Evergrey is an amazing balance in the field of Progressive Metal. yes, I said "Progressive" They've taken the mundane screaming, growling, 15 minute bridges and the lyrics of 'trolls' and 'fairies' and replaced them with thought out lyrics, incredible riffs and vocals you can understand. Maybe ... (read more)

Report this review (#181592) | Posted by Radguy | Tuesday, September 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I Agree with the above reveiwers that this is no doubt a Heavy Metal Album,and a poor one at that I was brought up on Heavy Metal,Sabbath,Rush,UFO,Iron Maiden Etc,who we all know made very decent albums,but this is utter crap,not progressive at all,and as i said,a very poor metal album. Folks,sp ... (read more)

Report this review (#162752) | Posted by Stu2112 | Tuesday, February 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After hearing great albums like In Search of Truth, Recreation Day, and The Inner Circle i had a pretty good feeling Monday Morning Apocalypse would be able to capture the same magic those albums brought..ehhhh well to be honest i was kinda wrong. I mean its not bad there are some great songs ... (read more)

Report this review (#82622) | Posted by Progdrummer05 | Tuesday, July 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars To write about the latest album of the Swedes from Evergrey is not the easiest challenge. First of all because they have been, and are one of my favourite bands, and I like all their albums with no exception. So I was really happy that they finally released a new record, and then the day came ... (read more)

Report this review (#82298) | Posted by Szöke Jenö | Friday, June 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2.5 rounded down to a 2. This album was quite a dissapointment for me after the amazing work of art that was "The Inner Circle". Everything seems pretty bland and uninspired. The keys are stripped down and at some points barely even audible. The album as a whole is pretty straight-forward, ... (read more)

Report this review (#74453) | Posted by | Saturday, April 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This is a good album, a good metal album. Only good, nothing more, nothing less. But this is the worst Evergrey album since "The Dark Discovery" too. Evergrey has entered the dangerous territory of change their musical style for comercial purposes; the result: a NOT prog album. All of you that ... (read more)

Report this review (#74415) | Posted by R_DeNIRO | Saturday, April 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have loved this band for years but this record steps it up and takes the band to an entirely different level. This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best bands in the world, bar none. They never fail to inspire, awe, and shock me with their songs. The only thing bad that I can say about ... (read more)

Report this review (#72527) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Love this album. It's different from the other Evergrey-album, but still it's a very good album with very strong melodies, choruses which i could killed my mama for and superb drums and guitars. Every song is just so direct, gone are all the intricate passages like they had before, but it's s ... (read more)

Report this review (#71407) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EVERGREY "Monday Morning Apocalypse"