BRAVE LIVE 2002

Buy MARILLION Music
DVD/Video, released in 2002

1. River (1:57)
2. Bridge (2:38)
3. Living with the Big Lie (6:41)
4. Runaway (4:47)
5. Goodbye to All That (0:44)
6. Wave (1:18)
7. Mad (1:33)
8. The Opium Den (1:52)
9. The Slide (3:32)
10. Standing in the Swing (2:07)
11. Hard as Love (6:41)
12. The Hollow Man (4:11)
13. Alone Again in the Lap of Luxury (6:27)
14. Now Wash Your Hands (1:12)
15. Paper Lies (4:45)
16. Brave (7:54)
17. The Great Escape (1:14)
18. The Last of You (2:33)
19. Falling from the Moon (2:38)
20. Credits (1:03)
21. Made Again + more credits (6:56)

Search MARILLION Brave Live 2002 lyrics

Search MARILLION Brave Live 2002 tabs

- Steve Hogarth / lead vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion
- Mark Kelly / keyboards, samples, backing vocals
- Ian Mosley / drums & percussion
- Steve Rothery / lead & rhythm guitars
- Pete Trewavas / bass, vocals

DVD Racket Records Racket 93D (2002)
The highlight of the Marillion Weekend 2002 was a complete performance of the 'Brave' album, last performed in its entirety in 1994.

Also included on the DVD are over 45 minutes of interview clips with all members of the band about writing and recording 'Brave,' and performing it again after an 8-year break.

Thanks to E-Dub for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION Brave Live 2002 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
A Sunday Night Above The RainA Sunday Night Above The Rain
EMI Europe Generic 2007
Sounds Can't Be MadeSounds Can't Be Made
Special Edition
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Vol. 2-Happiness Is the Road: the Hard ShoulderVol. 2-Happiness Is the Road: the Hard Shoulder
Racket 2008
B'Sides ThemselvesB'Sides Themselves
EMI Europe Generic 1992
Marillion - Live From Loreley (DVD) Mint US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
MARILLION - LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL NEW BLURAY US $33.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion - From Stoke Row to Ipanema Concert Video VHS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion: Beautiful UK Cd Single. Parts 1 & 2 Fish Marbles Rare Genesis US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Marillion Marbles on the Road Live 2004 Concert Performance Music Video DVD NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Marillion - Six of One Half-Dozen of the Other (VHS, 1992) US $0.99 [0 bids]
IQ Live From London DVD PROG (Jadis, Frost, Genesis, Arena, Maril US $14.99 [0 bids]
MARILLION Before First Light Afraid of Sunlight Live 2003 DVD US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Marillion - A Singles Collection 1982-1992 (VHS, 1999) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Marillion - Live From Loreley (VHS, 1991, Canadian Import) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Marillion Brave Live 2013 Rare Blu-Ray US $16.89 [0 bids]
MARILLION Live Loreley 87 + 1982-86 The Videos 2 Canadian EMI HI-FI VHS Videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Fish: Fool's Company Live In Holland 2002 2 dvd's Marillion US $15.00 [0 bids]
Marillion DVD Cadogan Hall 2 Discs Fish Genesis Yes Less is More Live CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KETTLE OF FISH DVD UK IMPORT MARILLION RLTD 2002 LIKE NEW FREE SUNSETS ON EMPIRE US $18.95 [0 bids]
MARILLION BEFORE FIRST LIGHT AFRAID OF SUNLIGHT LIVE 2003 DVD MINT OUT OF PRINT US $27.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MARILLION - HOLIDAYS IN ZELANDE 5 DVD DELUXE BOX - NEW & SEALED (NTSC) US $69.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION - HOLIDAYS IN ZELANDE - 3 Blu Ray Discs - NEW & SEALED (NTSC) US $99.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MARILLION: LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $18.43 Buy It Now 8 days
LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL BY MARILLION (DVD) US $22.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Marillion DVD Live From Loreley (Germany 1987) NTSC-all region Surround Sound US $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Marillion - Somewhere In London W/ DVD CD US $26.09 Buy It Now 8 days
Marillion: Somewhere in London (DVD, DVD/CD) US $17.56 Buy It Now 8 days
MARILLION-LIVE FROM CADOGAN HA DVD NEW US $16.24 Buy It Now 9 days
VHS MARILLION - 1982 - 1986 THE VIDEOS MUSIC VIDEO CASSETTE with COVER US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
VHS MARILLION - A YEAR in the LIFE 1989-90 MUSIC VIDEO CASSETTE with COVER US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
VHS 1992 MARILLION - 6 of 1 MUSIC VIDEO CASSETTE with COVER US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
VHS MARILLION - LIVE FROM LORELEY MUSIC VIDEO CASSETTE with COVER US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Marillion VHS Tape Video 1982-1986, Live From Loreley 1987 EMI Records US $4.59 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion - Somewhere In London [CD New] US $20.52 Buy It Now 11 days
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain (2CD) US $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MARILLION - MARBLES ON THE ROAD - NEW DVD US $7.27 Buy It Now 12 days
Marillion Marbles On The Road DVD US $15.85 Buy It Now 13 days
MARILLION - COLOURS AND SOUND 2 DVD SET [NTSC REGION 0] NEW / SEALED! US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Marillion: Beautiful UK CD x2 ltd. ed. with prints US $12.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion - Live from Loreley VHS 90 minutes of concert - 13 songs very RARE US $7.49 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion - Six of One Half-Dozen of the Other (1992) VHS 1 hour of music videos US $7.49 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion Marbles On The Road DVD US $8.10 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION - FROM STOKE ROW TO IPANEMA - NEW DVD BOXSET US $21.68 Buy It Now 15 days
Marillion:marbles on the Road - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.84 Buy It Now 15 days
MARILLION FROM STOKE ROW TO IPANEMA ARGENTINA SEALED 2 DVD SET free ship US $47.98 Buy It Now 16 days
MARILLION: LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL [BLU-RAY] [1 DISC] [NOT [IMPORT] NEW BLU-RAY US $6.30 Buy It Now 17 days
Marillion 1982-86 The Videos UK Rock Band US $14.31 Buy It Now 17 days
Marillion: Live from Cadogan Hall DVD US $13.24 Buy It Now 18 days
MARILLION-Somewhere In London CD NEW US $23.12 Buy It Now 19 days
Marillion-Marillion - Marbles On The Road DVD NEW US $10.28 Buy It Now 19 days
2 DVD SET MARILLION LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL SEALED 2011 US $9.68 Buy It Now 19 days
MARILLION SOMEWHERE IN LONDON New Sealed 2 DVD Deluxe DigiPack Edition US $12.99 Buy It Now 20 days
MARILLION: SOMEWHERE IN LONDON [636551527170] [REGION FREE] NEW DVD BOXSET US $14.55 Buy It Now 20 days
Marillion - Live From Cadogan Hall NEW DVD US $8.28 Buy It Now 20 days
MARILLION-THE EMI SINGLES COLLECTIO DVD Greatest Hits MUSIC VIDEOS Like New**** US $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION "A SINGLES COLLECTION 1982-1992" VHS 13 VIDEO'S FISH US $12.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MARILLION "1982-1986 THE VIDEO'S" VHS VIDEO'S FISH PROG ROCK US $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion: Somewhere in London (DVD, 2012, 2-Disc Set) Live 2007 US $17.56 Buy It Now 22 days
Marillion Brave Live 2002 Mega Rare DVD Fish Rush Transatlantic Dream Theater CD US $99.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Somewhere in London - Marillion New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $30.37 Buy It Now 23 days
MARILLION - RECITAL OF THE SCRIPT - NEW DVD US $11.32 Buy It Now 24 days
Marillion Recital Of The Script (Holland) Rare VHS PAL Video Cassette US $23.38 Buy It Now 24 days
DVD NEW MARILLION MIKE OLDFIELD DEEP PURPLE BROKEN ENGLISH PAT BENETAR SAXON US $14.99 Buy It Now 24 days
MARILLION**2004: MARBLES ON THE ROAD: LIVE**DVD US $14.16 Buy It Now 25 days
Marillion Brave live 2002 dvd Very Rare! US $49.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Marillion From Stoke Row To Ipanema A Year in The Life june 89 July 90 DVD RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MARILLION: IN CONCERT - LIVE FROM CADOGAN HALL: 2 X DVD US $9.95 Buy It Now 27 days
marillion LIVE FROM LORELEY VHS US $13.33 Buy It Now 27 days
TOTO WORLD TOUR LIVE DVD NEW Steve Lukather Genesis Journey Marillion Boston US $23.99 Buy It Now 28 days
PHIL COLLINS LIVE AT FUKUOKA DOME JAPAN 1997 DVD SEALED Genesis Sting Marillion US $23.99 Buy It Now 28 days
TOTO AT VINA DEL MAR CHILE 2004 LIVE DVD SEALED Genesis Journey Marillion Boston US $14.99 Buy It Now 28 days
TOTO LIVE IN AMSTERDAM 25TH ANN DTS 5.1 BLU-RAY SEALED Genesis Journey Marillion US $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
MARILLION Live From Loreley & Recital OF The Script 2 VHS Video Lot PAL US $10.50 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS PHIL COLLINS IN LONDON '80 LIVE DVD SEALED Toto Yes Fish Marillion Camel US $16.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Marillion - The Videos 1982-86 (VHS) US $3.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION Brave Live 2002 ratings distribution

MARILLION Brave Live 2002 reviews

Review by E-Dub
5 stars I guess I have to begin this with an apology to the Fish faithful, because Brave is the best thing Marillion has done. I just watched the DVD with the lights off and the headphones on and (as always) was moved to the point of developing goose flesh. I guess the only thing that compares to listening to Brave is to see it performed in it's entirety. It's absolutely awe-inspiring.

Performed at the Marillion convention in 2002, they essentially treated the crowd to the performance of Brave exactly as it was some 7-8 years prior--from H crumpling a grouping of flowers during "Runaway", to being hauled off stage by hooded figures during the closing moments of "Hard As Love". What Marillion did in 2002 was give the fans a truly memorable gift. Unfortunately, we may never see them perform it in it's entirety again; but, at least we have a momento to have always.

The DVD begins with a brief overview of Braves' them, set against a scene of darkened water. The crowd slowly fades in and you hear those initial guitar wails that warns you to strap yourself in....it's going to be an intense ride. H and Kelly slowly slip into the opening keyboard parts to "Bridge", but it's not until the band unites for "Living With The Big Lie" that you feel the power of this band and this piece of music. H's vocals start off a bit fragile, but gets more sharp as the song (and the show) progresses.

The clash of religions And the loaded prayers Information The face of starvation and the state of the nation

The sense that it's useless And the fear to try Not believing the leaders, the media that feed us Living with the big lie You get used to it

As for the performance, the band was spot on this night. You could tell they truly enjoyed revisiting this masterpiece, as it's treated with passion and respect. H especially gives a powerful performance...and truly steals the show. Whether it's center stage applying makeup to simulate the girl from the story, to sitting beneath a single spotlight during "Hollow Man", to reaching deep inside to deliver a truly memorable performance of "The Great Escape", the night belonged to Steve Hogarth.

I guess I'm a little too quick to offer up an apology to the Fish faithful, for that era of the band's history gave us brilliant music as well. Brave just grabs me for reasons I cannot explain. It's a combination of sonic fury, fierce intensity, and exquisite beauty that isn't heard too often. I can say that I feel sorry for people who don't get Brave or can't appreciate it the way I (and scores of others) can. I wish they could hear it the way I hear it because Brave changed the way I listened to music. Now, with the DVD, it's changed the way I view music. The word 'brilliant' just isn't enough.

Send comments to E-Dub (BETA) | Report this review (#75092) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by Gatot
5 stars It's a masterpiece Prog Rock Concert!

Brave, the album, was inspired by the true story of a girl found wandering on the notorious suicide spot of the Severn Road Bridge. The band confound the expectations they might have built with "Holidays in Eden" to conjure an altogether different experience. The making of it was not that simple. At the time of writing the album the members of the band gathered together at the Chateau working together with the same vision: making the music that is much better than their previous commercial album "Holidays in Eden" [refer to interview with Hogarth and Pete Trewavas presented in this Brave Live DVD set]. They did not even know that it's gonna be a concept album. At first they made four songs that in the middle Hogarth remembered about the Severn Road Bridge true story and it finally did come out with a concept album because all the four song they made seem to revolve around the same tagline story.

I purchased this DVD altogether with another 3 DVD sets which I ordered on the net during Racket Records March Madness sales. It's worth the money, really because this live set is really terrific and it changes the way I perceive about Marillion Hogarth era. I thought any DVD set of Marillion concert during Hogarth era is gonna be boring with less theatrical acts. But I was wrong! This DVD proves that Marillion is a very strong band on stage!

As you might read my review on the studio album of Brave, it was very hard for me to give a masterpiece rating for Brave even after I posted my reviews I received PM saying that I should have given a full five stars rating. Nah, I don't think so. But after watching this marvelous concert DVD, I'm pretty sure that I would upgrade my rating on the studio album with full five star rating. Bravo Marillion! Bravo Hogarth!

So, what's made this DVD a masterpiece? Two reasons. First, the band overall performance is really top notch! It seems to me before the gig on Marillion Weekend 2002, Brean Sands, UK, Friday 5th April 2002, the band did countless rehearsals. My statement might be validated but I'm almost sure about this because everyone in the band does a really great work with their individual role so that the Brave sound could be brought "live" with no error at all. AT least, no visible error. Steve Hogarth sings wonderfully with his heart - like imagining that the girl's real condition overwhelmed him during the show. He used theatrical acts with movement of his body, excellent facial expressions in accord with the lyrics he was singing plus dynamic arms and fingers movements. He controlled his voice excellently - managing the high and low points of the song. Mark Kelly does his pulsating keyboard work wonderfully. Steve Rothery makes a great guitar fills and solo as they are required in the passages of the songs presented. Pete Trewavas, as usual, is the most energetic player after Hogarth in terms of body movement. He delivers such a good bass lines with his Rickenbaker. And last but not least Ian Mosley plays wonderful drumming.

Second, the overall show creates excellent theme that lent from the album storyline. Even if you don't know the story, you still can enjoy the show because the overall show seems like telling us a story in its musical passages. The live ambient appears vividly as the music has high and low points where the band expresses the music following the natural flow.

I don't want to elaborate track by track as I did on the previous review of Brave audio CD album. One thing that I need to share with all of you: I played this DVD during the nights after I was about to sleep having watched two concert DVDs. I did try to spin this DVD and skimmed the overall show, What happened was: I watched the whole show without any attempt to skip the track from start to end!!! It's a fantastic show! You must have this DVD, my friend - full stop. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#75717) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 21, 2006

Review by progkidjoel
5 stars Marillion - Brave Live 2002 DVD

Review by ProgKidJoel

This is truly one of the best prog DVD's you'll ever see. Perfect performance of a perfect album with perfect mixing and recording. This DVD has since been deleted from the Marillion catalogue, making it near impossible (and incredibly expensive) to obtain. The singing is all top-notch, and the band is clearly on a high for this brilliant DVD. The DVD begins with a queit opener version of BRIDGE, which leads into a brutal performance of LIVING WITH THE BIG LIE, which truly must be seen to be believed. The DVD continues, thrill after thrill, complete with improvisations and solos added to the original tracks.

The album is played in its entirety, and this is the only recording of the whole album performed live. Regrettably, this has been deleted as I said, although there's still a few copies floating around eBay, or, if you're lucky (like me), you may find one for $10AUD in a DVD bargain bin in a CD store. This DVD is definitely worth paying this high prices that you'll find it for nowadays - Its a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a live recording of an invariable masterpiece.

If I had to pick any highlights, I'd have to go for THE GREAT ESCAPE, which is incredibly epic in a live setting, and the album closer, MADE AGAIN, which is simply perfect in this recording. Sonically, this disc is mindblowing, offering perfect mixing and audience noise to an enjoyable and atmospheric minimum. One thing is for certain - This DVD will make you see BRAVE in a new light, which is simply ten times better than the already perfect original. If I had to choose one word to describe this, I;d either have to go with "Undescribable" or "P.E.R.F.E.C.T".

An ESSENTIAL DVD for any self-respecting progger!

-Joel

Send comments to progkidjoel (BETA) | Report this review (#241542) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 26, 2009

Post a review of MARILLION "Brave Live 2002"