STORIES

Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Stories(2:54)
2. Patterns (8:37)
3. Isolation (5:00)
4. The Battle of Brighteye Brison (6:57)
5. Elenah (1:14)
6. Late (5:22)
7. Life inside (5:31)
8. All love (9:02)
9. We wanna return (5:33)
10. Stories (reprise) (1:50)

Search BRIGHTEYE BRISON Stories lyrics

Search BRIGHTEYE BRISON Stories tabs

- Linus Kåse / keyboards, vocals, saxophone
- Johan Öijen / guitars
- Kristofer Eng / bass, taurus, theremin, flute, vocals
- Daniel Kåse / drums, vocals, trumpet
- Per Hallman / vocals

CD Progress Records PRCD019 (2006)

and to ProgLucky for the last updates

BRIGHTEYE BRISON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BRIGHTEYE BRISON Stories Music

Audio CD$66.80 (used)
The Magician Chronicles - Part OneThe Magician Chronicles - Part One
Progress Records
Audio CD$21.98 (used)

More places to buy BRIGHTEYE BRISON music online Buy BRIGHTEYE BRISON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BRIGHTEYE BRISON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BRIGHTEYE BRISON Stories ratings distribution

BRIGHTEYE BRISON Stories reviews

3 stars Barely 3 stars in my opinion. This is a very proggy release with lots of tempo shifts and mood changes but I just can't get into it at all. Even Mattias Olson formerly from ANGLAGARD guesting on this one can't rescue it from being very average. I hear their latest album is much better though.

"Stories" is a good opening track with organ, guitar and drums leading the way. Vocals are ok. "Patterns" opens with some great organ as an uptempo melody quickly follows. A change after 1 1/2 minutes to a jazz flavour. A full sound again 3 minutes in. Another change as vocals and piano take over.The tempo picks up before 5 minutes with some nice guitar to follow. "Isolation" has this capella-like intro and some good harmonies later. "The Battle Of Brighteye Brison" is darker sounding with vocals before a minute. Organ 2 minutes in and then it brightens. Spoken words 4 minutes in, and they rock out pretty good late in the song.

"Elanah" is a short intro track for "Late" that features piano melodies throughout. Vocals join them along with drums and bass once we get into "Late" which is a song about relationships. I don't like the song at all. "Life Inside" opens with piano and then reserved vocals. It does get fuller with some mellotron. Not a fan of this one either. "All Love" is my favourite. It has a very epic intro including some sax. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in with acoustic guitar as it calms down. Drums and mellotron follow. A full sound 3 minutes in as the contrast continues. I like the guitar 5 minutes in. I don't like the xylophone solo 5 1/2 minutes in though. A country flavour follows. Why do I like this one ? "We Wanna Return" is uptempo with lots of organ. I like this one. It has a catchy chorus. "Stories Reprised" is a short but uplifting track.

Tough to even give this one 3 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#178475) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Depite the use of various instruments and alanog equipment,BRIGHTEYE BRISON are one of those bands,who try to create a more accesible format of progressive rock,easy listened also by non-prog fans.Warning!This has nothing to do with pop or other commercial music forms,this band plays just a more accesible format of prog rock.Formed at the dawn of the millenium,BRIGHTEYE BRISON are lovers of the 70's prog movement and actually four members of this effort are original founders of the band.Only vocalist Per Hallman joined the band a little later,but it must be noticed that he was actually the sound engineer of the band's first release.

''Stories'' is the sophomore effort of the band and it was released in 2006.After several listenings all I can say is that the band's sound is heavily based on vocal harmonies and arrangements and the smooth sound of the constantly alternating instruments.If you're searching for complex or heavy sounding music,try better somewhere else.The influences of the band are obvious and undeniable.The analog keyboards will bring GENESIS to your mind,some classical music influences refer straight to ELP,the vocal harmonies are a strong yet carefully arranged imitation of GENTLE GIANT or even YES.Unfortunately one more thing I noticed is that,as the album unfolds,it gets weakier and weakier.The first fouror five tracks are well- crafted,70's influenced prog rock,while the later ones follow a kind of ballad-like form that gets me a bit tired along the way.Of course these tracks deliver also musicianship of high quality but they have also a slightly AOR-ish flavor.At the end of my listenings,the best way I could describe this album would be a combination of NEAL MORSE's works with ADVENT's Gentle Giant-ish prog rock...

BRIGHTEYE BRISON are a band with potential,noone can deny this IMO.A bit of experience and a more alternating heavy/smooth sound could give them some more credits on prog community.For now,this is a decent second effort by the band,easily recommended for those who search the more mellow side of progressive rock.Fans of YES,SPOCK'S BEARD,NEAL MORSE and GENTLE GIANT should spend also some time giving this album a few spins...Recommended,3 stars...

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#193937) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

4 stars A very interesting album and my introduction to this band. Maybe this will bring them the wider recognition they truly deserve. These hardworking Swedes spent three years recording STORIES and there is certainly much to celebrate for all their efforts. I see a wonderful attention to detail ... (read more)

Report this review (#75936) | Posted by felona | Sunday, April 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BRIGHTEYE BRISON "Stories"