ODE TO VENUS

- Józef Skrzek / organ, electric piano, bass
- Antymos Apostolis / guitar
- Jerzy Piotrowski / drums

LP 1973 CBS 65606 UK

Thanks to ClemofNazareth for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

CZESŁAW NIEMEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN Ode To Venus Music

Carlton Ware Patterns and Shapes - Kosniowski, Dr Czes|Kosniowska, Yvonne US $10.94 Buy It Now 27 days
Mathematics on the Sinclair QL By Czes Kosniowski US $43.07 Buy It Now 25 days
The Last Wave Oil War and Financial Upheaval in the 1990 1988 by Czes 0945332092 US $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Bear's Blue Blanky By Keith Faulkner, Czes Pachela US $7.29 Buy It Now 18 days
NEW Czes Awin by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $58.41 Buy It Now 27 days
Carlton Ware Catalogue & Price Guide - Kosniowski, Dr Czes &. Yvonne US $24.39 Buy It Now 27 days
NEW Czes Aw Wycech by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $28.72 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Czes Awin by Meghan Jessalyn, Blossom [Paperback] US $56.67 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Czes Aw Madajczyk by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $69.52 Buy It Now 29 days
NEW Czes Aw Mi Osz by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $28.81 Buy It Now 16h 20m
A First Course in Algebraic Topology - Kosniowski, Czes US $50.44 Buy It Now 11 days
Transformation Groups by Kosniowski, Czes/ Kosniowski, C./ Hitchin, N. J. [Pa... US $49.19 Buy It Now 15 days
I Love You to God and Back - Lamb, Amanda/ Pachela, Czes (ILT) US $8.75 Buy It Now 28 days
NEW Poland Related Unreferenced Blp: Krzysztof Krauze, Czes Aw Kiszczak, Jerzy U US $28.70 Buy It Now 6h 20m
I LOVE YOU TO GOD AND BACK [978140032 - CZES PACHELA AMANDA LAMB (HARDCOVER) NEW US $11.53 Buy It Now 2 days
York International MicroComputer Control Center YTL6M6R2-CZES US $2,000.00 Buy It Now 23 days
NEW University of Vilnius Alumni: Czes Aw Mi Osz, Marija Gimbutas, Adam Mickiewi US $33.94 Buy It Now 3h 58m
A Pocket Guide to Carlton Ware Czes Kosniowski US $18.59 Buy It Now 15 days
Carlton Ware - The Complete Guide: Including a Price Guide Czes Kosniowski US $109.20 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN music online Buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CZESŁAW NIEMEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CZESŁAW NIEMEN Ode To Venus ratings distribution

CZESŁAW NIEMEN Ode To Venus reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I was 'cleaning' my library's database from hundreds of useless vinyls when I came across this album. I checked NIEMEN's inclusion on ProgArchives - the album looked that proggy! - and decided to give it a chance to be found by library users from PIKI library net around Tampere, Finland. So the least I must do is give it a review*.

NIEMEN was a Polish band named after the singer, who is praised in the backcover texts as a phenomenal talent and ambassador of Eastern Europe's rock. Coincidentally my only Polish prog encounter before this was an SBB album: as the lonely review of this album informs, SBB was founded the very next year by Jozef Skrzek (organ, el. piano, bass) of NIEMEN. These eight compositions are rock with heavy tendencies, some more spacy and philosophical than others, but clearly rougher than the more sensitive SBB. Keyboards, namely dark-toned organ, are not leaving guitar and energetic rhythm section in their shadow, as I had somehow expected/hoped. All except the short 'Rock For Mack' feature the beastlike vocals of Mr. Niemen. He reminds a bit of ARTHUR BROWN, though not quite that maniac and operative style. In all, a strong work, likely to please friends of ballsy prog rock with the vintage sound of early seventies, but somehow also easy to forget, at least by me.

(*PS: Recently I have practically stopped reviewing here, due to some changes in my life. I myself was surprised by the sudden loss of, not just suitable time, but also interest: I had a long list of less seen artists to review. But maybe I'll have another active PA phase in future. Greetings to you all! Keep on proggin'.)

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#147789) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 28, 2007

4 stars Czesław Niemen was one of the most important rock musicians in Poland. He had a huge influence on other artists even from younger generations. He was famous for his great voice and original approach to music. I have to admit that for years, when I was at school, I associated this musician ... (read more)

Report this review (#207574) | Posted by Marcin | Tuesday, March 17, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I regard this album as Niemen´s best work i heard to date. It features keyboardist Josef Skrzek who next year on would start the great Polish band S.B.B. Together with Niemen the band creates a mix of very original progrock with lots of twists and turns musically. Influences from Gentle Giant ... (read more)

Report this review (#117701) | Posted by magiaoblokow | Monday, April 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CZESŁAW NIEMEN "Ode To Venus"