WELCOME TO THE STAGE

- John Jowitt / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums
- John Mitchell / guitar

VERGLAS #VGCD009

and to grendelbox for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Welcome To The Stage Music

Arena: Smoke & MirrorsArena: Smoke & Mirrors
Multiple Formats · Limited Edition · Import
Metal Mind Poland 2006
DVD$4.99
BEATLES, 5 NIGHTS IN A JUDO ARENA, RARE 1975 GERMAN COLOR COVER NEAR MINT US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Nabucco: Orig.Rec.Arena Di Verona - Anton Guadagno New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Step In The Arena - Gang Starr US $9.03 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Tina Arena - Chains - [CDS], Tina Arena, Very Good US $1.65 Buy It Now 2h 40m
THE BEST OF AUSTRALIAN MUSIC 1995 [ 2 CD ] COMPILATION KYLIE MINOGUE TINA ARENA US $19.79 Buy It Now 3h
Hit Machine 8 Various AU CD Ft GF4 Tina Arena Kylie Minogue Technotronic Ween US $11.86 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Hit Machine 9 Various AU CD Tina Arena Annie Lennox CDB Jimmy Barnes Corona & Mo US $12.66 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Halford Live At Saitama Super Arena DVD Heavy Metal Music Album Region 2 New US $28.23 Buy It Now 5h 39m
LEON RUSSELL At The Long Beach Arena JAPAN LP 1973 NM WAX w/OBI US $44.00 Buy It Now 5h 40m
50- TINA ARENA Magazine Clippings US $37.21 Buy It Now 5h 42m
TINA ARENA Magazine Clippings (C) US $27.89 Buy It Now 5h 42m
45+ TINA ARENA Magazine Clippings US $41.86 Buy It Now 5h 47m
TINA ARENA Magazine Clippings (B) US $27.89 Buy It Now 5h 47m
TINA ARENA Magazine Clippings (A) US $27.89 Buy It Now 5h 47m
ELF POWER sealed LP A Dream In Sound w/ bonus 45 & poster ARENA ROCK RECORDING C US $9.99 [1 bids]
Live At Saitama Super Arena - Halford New & Sealed CD US $17.47 Buy It Now 6h 30m
You Me At Six - Final Night Of Sin At Wembley Arena CD US $25.40 Buy It Now 7h 44m
KRUPPS entering the arena LP 6 track (stab2) uk issue pressed in france statik 1 US $8.29 Buy It Now 8h
Slip Double: Steps : Live ! 2012 London O2 Arena US $16.60 Buy It Now 10h
Ryukyu uta Christmas Japan CD NEW KACHIMBA 1551 Arena US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 15m
M. Lindberg - Arena Corrente 2 Feria [CD New] US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 40m
ASIA JOHN PAYNE ARENA JAPAN BLU SPEC MINI LP CD NEW BONUS TRACKS SICP-20419 US $34.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Drum & Bass Arena Summer Selec - Drum & Bass Arena Summer Selec NEW CD US $12.13 Buy It Now 11h 55m
311 Lakefront Arena New Orleans 2007 RARE #D Out of 500 Original Poster M.GETZ US $116.40 Buy It Now 12h 6m
THE MOTHER'S DAY ALBUM CD Denis Walter John Farnham Tina Arena Ernie Sigley US $7.36 Buy It Now 12h 12m
TOOL Rod Laver Arena 2002 RARE AS Promo Show Poster MASSIVE BILLBOARD MELVINS US $246.79 Buy It Now 12h 31m
In Deep by Tina Arena (CD, Feb-1997, Sony/Epic) - CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 12h 34m
YES - WEMBLEY ARENA 29/6/91 CONCERT TICKET US $11.55 Buy It Now 12h 39m
K-SYSTEM "SOUND OF ARENA" LIQUID M EURODANC REMIXES CDS US $8.50 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Olivia Newton John (2) Duets CD NEW Darren Hayes Peter Allen Thorpe Arena US $23.24 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour [3CD 2013] arena rock Brand New & Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
New: A.F.I. - I Heard A Voice (Live from Long Beach Arena!) CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 15h 10m
King Tubby - Surrounded By The Dreads At The National Arena Kingston Studio 16 US $79.75 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Contagium, Arena, Good Single US $12.81 Buy It Now 15h 38m
TOTO Hydra LP OOP late-70's arena-rock gatefold cover US $2.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
Live at the Metro Arena Newcastle by UB40 (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) US $30.00 Buy It Now 16h 30m
Grandi Voci Dell'Arena Di Verona Vol. 2~Vinyl LP~SDD-571 US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 36m
JON BON JOVI(Classic)Cross Road/RICHIE SAMBORA-New Jersey/ARENA ROCK/Guitar/POP US $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Aida: Arena Di Verona (Meir Wellber) - CD-JEWEL CASE Region 2 Brand New Free Shi US $33.85 Buy It Now 18h 16m
AEROSMITH Newcastle Arena 8th May 1997 Concert ticket stub US $1.66 [0 bids]
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #47 Little Rock Arkansas 6/10/03 Alltel Arena US $20.00 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN ARENA ISRAELI ISRAEL LP RARE COVER, BOOKLET US $40.00 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Don't Ask - Tina Arena (CD 1996) US $12.39 Buy It Now 18h 46m
Salvador Dominguez - Sangre en la Arena - RARE '92 cd Banzai Tarzen OOP US $50.00 [0 bids]
MIKE ARENA PRESENTS LITTLE BIG BAND JOE ROMANO BILL DOBBINS LP JAZZ STEREO RARE US $22.99 [0 bids]
Le Grandi Voci Dell'Arena Di Verona - Ars Nova - 3 volumes US $14.95 [0 bids]
ARENA BRASS: The Lonely Bull LP (Mono, promo tol, promo toc, corner bend) Easy US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 37m
BAD COMPANY-04/11/2010 WEMBLEY ARENA NEW!!!/PAUL ROGERS RARE 3CD SET!!!! US $29.04 [0 bids]
AC/DC ticket Miami Arena 21/01/96 # 2 US $13.29 Buy It Now 20h 41m
Tina Arena - Strong As Steel [CD New] US $12.85 Buy It Now 20h 56m
G. Verdi - Nabucco: Orig. Rec. Arena Di Verona [CD New] US $11.41 Buy It Now 21h
Duran Duran Arena- DolbyHX Pro / XDR Exp dynamic range Red Case Cassette Tape NM US $17.35 [0 bids]
Foreigner Vintage Head Games Album LP Nice Arena Rock Pop Metal 1970's 1980's US $7.99 [0 bids]
Neil Diamond USED concert ticket live at Nynex Arena Manchester 27 Feburary 1999 US $24.91 Buy It Now 22h 8m
DURAN DURAN Arena JAPAN CASSETTE TAPE ZR28-1225 w/PS+Insert US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
AFI "I Heard A Voice" Live Long Beach Arena shrink wrapped new CD US $3.99 [1 bids]
TINA ARENA 'Don't Ask' [477886 2, CD, 1994] US $9.31 Buy It Now 22h 44m
MUSICARDS 1991 Pro Set Music Card No 255 Historic Concert DOORS Winterland Arena US $4.90 Buy It Now 22h 56m
THE DOORS LIVE BOSTON ARENA APRIL 10, 1970, 3 CD SET US $6.00 [1 bids]
ORLANDO Y SU COMBO canta: Omar Ferres MANGO MADURO and LA BESE EN LA ARENA / vg+ US $7.50 Buy It Now 23h 36m
Wonderlick Topless At The Arco Arena CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Grateful Dead Dick's Picks, Vol. 5: Oakland Auditorium Arena -Vinyl US $70.00 [1 bids]
Arena : Peppers Ghost CD (2005) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Live Phish Vol. 1: 12/14/95, Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York US $65.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Duran Duran Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - I NEED YOUR BODY 7 " SINGLE - OZ POP YTT US $9.27 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA DON'T ASK US $2.19 [0 bids]
PREVIEW-VINYL-ARENA ROCK BAND-GEFFEN RECORDS-SUCCESS IN JAPAN NOT SO MUCH IN U.S US $5.99 [0 bids]
DURAN DURAN-ARENA RECORDED AROUND THE WORLD 1984-VINYL-NM-POSTER-LYRICS US $5.99 [0 bids]
NEW - KINETIC AESTHETIC by VALLEY ARENA US $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena by Duran Duran CD Rock Popular New Romantic Music Hungry Like The Wolf US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LEONCAVALLO / ALAGNA / ARENA DI VERONA / SUTEJ - PAGLIACCI / NEW DVD US $37.54 Buy It Now 1 day
YOU ME AT SIX - FINAL NIGHT OF SIN: LIVE FROM WEMBLEY ARENA NEW CD US $30.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena * Contagion "Max" 2 CD new and signed Complete running order of CD EP's US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KATIE MELUA - 2008: LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA NEW CD US $29.15 Buy It Now 1 day
VERDI - NABUCCO: ORIG REC ARENA DI VERONA NEW CD US $16.17 Buy It Now 1 day
W-inds. Fly High Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD Ver.C?LIVE AT YOKOHAMA ARENA? US $18.79 Buy It Now 1 day
GENUINE Michael Jackson "This Is It" Lenticular HOLOGRAPHIC Ticket - O2 Arena US $48.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Gipsy Kings live Wembley Arena 29 & 30 November 1989 small poster print A5 size US $24.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Living In The 90's Now 2 CD Duran Duran Kylie Minogue Tina Arena TLC Deee-Lite US $15.82 Buy It Now 1 day
VERDI / BRUSON / MARTINUCCI / CAFORIO / ARENA - I DUE FOSCARI (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $33.36 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA - STRONG AS STEEL NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua Live At The O2 Arena 2009 CD Jazz Music Album Brand New US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
ARENA - RADIANCE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $29.15 Buy It Now 1 day
UB40 - Live at London O2 Arena UK 2009 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Gang Starr - Step In The Arena LP Vinyl Record US $30.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage Music Cassette Album - DURAN DURAN, Arena (around the world 1984) (230) US $6.23 Buy It Now 1 day
JAH STITCH - King Of The Arena - 7" US $12.88 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK PRICE - ESSENTIAL CD ~ AUSSIE 80's TINA ARENA ~ NOT A DAY GOES BY +++*NEW* US $13.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Treble: UB40 : Live London O2 Arena 2009 3 CDs US $33.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : LG Arena Birmingham 2 CDS US $24.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : O2 Arena London 2 CDS US $24.91 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA Rare AUS Promo Press PUBLICITY PHOTOS US $13.92 Buy It Now 1 day
MARSUPILAMI - ARENA (UK) NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 1 day
G. Verdi - Nabucco: Orig. Rec. Arena Di Verona CD US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Live in Boston Arena 10 Apr 1970 Psychedelic Rock Music CD Album New US $34.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The First Japan Arena Tour SHINee World 2012 limited edition Minho card DVD US $83.82 [0 bids]
Luis Miguel - Sol Arena Y Mar (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1 day
7 Vies by Tina Arena (CD, Jan-2008, Columbia (USA)) US $17.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Io E Te: Arena Live [Bonus DVD] by Gianna Nannini (CD, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, RCA... US $14.40 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Welcome To The Stage ratings distribution

ARENA Welcome To The Stage reviews

Review by lor68
2 stars I don't like such live albums very much, nor such common places regarding UK new-progressive wave (except on some stuff by IQ and a few songs by the melodic PENDRAGON as well, these latter too much emulating CAMEL!!). I saw them live in Italy a couple of years ago and I remained quite disappointed !!

I don't like to suggest this kind of progressive to you, but If you're involved in such style. You can listen to a good quality of recording. Make your choice!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#1031) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

Review by richardh
4 stars One of the best live albums of the last 10 years that leaves many similar bands standing at the bus stop waiting for a number 9 bus.This band write quality songs and deliver them with GRACE and POWER.Clive Nolan is one of the best keyboard players in prog while the band is as tight as a gnat's anus.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#1032) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 05, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars How come I haven't given my words on this terrific live album? Oh . forgive me, I should have done it long time ago. Why? This album has helped me appreciate the band's first two albums that at first release did not click me, concept-wise. But, once I got this album and had it spun at first experience - it blew me away. The live ambience and the sleeve photographs did stimulate musical energy to me. It's an excellent live show, I would say; performed lively and dynamically by the band. Genesis-wise (learning from Genesis experience), this can be considered as "Seconds Out" for the band's lead singer Paul Wrightson. Well, he is a great singer and as far as taste concern, I prefer him than the new lead singer Rob Sowden. Wrightson's voice is much powerful. But I don't mind at all with Sowden as well.

"William Tell Overture" serves as Fire-bird Suite ala Yes's concert which typically follows with Siberian Khatru. This time, Arena continues it with dynamic and energetic tune "Valley of The Kings" which has hard driving rhythm accentuated by soaring keyboard sound by Nolan. Oh, I do enjoy the inventive basslines by Joh Jowitt (later quitting Arena and focusing on IQ). The keyboard solo is also stunning. The two combine beautifully and produce awesome music. Mick Pointer - who was fired by Fish* from Marillion right after the Recital of The Script at Hammersmith Odeon, 1983 - did an excellent drumming (after 10 years vacuum not playing drum - turned his career as kitchen designer). Excellent job, Pointer. I wonder why Fish fired him, really. In fact, he was the one who auditoned Fish to join Marillion.

"Out of The Wilderness" did make my adrenalin exploding with excellent keyboard at the opening part followed by heavy voice of Wrightson. John Mitchell's guitar fills the part nicely between lyrical passages. There is a segment with keyboard solo that I love. "Midas Vision" provides some sort of break to the audience as the music is slower in terms of beat, exploring keyboard and guitar in a bluesy based music. I like the part where Wrightson sings "Reaching out ..". Simple yet powerful. All tracks are performed excellently, and the peak for me is the performance of "Solomon" where Paul Wrightson really sings with full heart and all other musicians played excellently. "Don't answer me with the same old questions!", he sings. The music starts in a slow tempo and it increases its tempo in the middle of the track with stunning guitar solo, great keyboard and really solid bass lines. Bravo Mr Jowitt! This is one of the best neo prog songs, I think. Look! How great the intertwining sounds of keyboard and guitar during interlude combined with dazzling drum sounds and inventive bass lines. Greaaaaatttt ...!!!!

If you like neo prog and live albums, this is an excellent addition to any prog collection. If you like Arena in specific, there is no reason not owning this CD. And .. don't worry about sonic quality of this album; unlike typical live sound quality, this one is excellent! I even play it outloud with my home stereo. The louder you play it, the better you can sense the true ambience of the concert. Try it! Recommended. Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours, GW

*) Reference: MARILLION "Separated Out" book

"When agony comes more from hope than failure. Look further than your preconceptions, expectations. / Where the power of the mind can take you out beyond this reach. / Higher than the dull and simple world you know so well / Back to paradise..." - Solomon by Arena

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#37199) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I just stumble on this CD a few days ago. Before that I did not even know its existence. But what a treat it turned out! I've been a fan of Arena for years, but I never really thought their first two effords were that good. I mean, the songs were very good, but something was missing. They seemed to lack power and dynamics.

Well, was I surprised when I heard those songs played live. There were some indications though: first this is the best line up Arena ever had (no wonder, is the same that recorded their masterpiece The Visitor). Second: the production here is much better than the previous ones, even if it's a live album. All instruments and vocals are perfect mixed and recorded.

But what stands out all the time is the dynamics of the band. Everything the studios versions lack here they abound. The performance is energetic and flawless, full of power and passion. Paul Wrightson is surely the best singer Arena had, even though he might sound a little too Fish like for some people. Even Clive Nolan's keyboards sound improved. But even if the whole band is in top form here, what really stands out is John Jowitt's bass playing: dynamic, melodic, subtle and powerful all at once. Jowitt's bass fills all the gaps and never overdoes it. A truly instrumentist who works for the music, he knows when to play and when not to play. He's one of the most inventive of today's bassists.

It's a shame this line up did not last too long. This record is a document of a great band's great moment. If you're a fan of Arena, or neo prog, or good music in general, you can't miss this one. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#92552) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 29, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena produced two good studio albums so far. But IMO, the second one was a timid copy of their debut "Songs From the Lions Cage". If you bear in mind that out the eighteen songs produced on both albums, eight were interludes called "Crying For Help" (one to eight); they totalized ten full songs so far.

Almost all of them will be featured here. I say almost because "Empire Of A Thousand Days" and "Fool's Gold" will be featured on a live EP called "Welcome Back! to the Stage". A third song featured on "Welcome Back!" will be one of the serie of "Crying". It is a well known part of their live performances (up to now). It is "Crying IV".

Arena is a very good band on stage. They communicate very well their enthusiasm with the audience and demonstrates a great musicianship. All of this is represented here. The sound is also very good, so we will have a very pleasant live album here.

Not a single weak moment of course. The tracklist is outstanding. Nothing else than very good to great numbers. IMO "The Healer" is the weakest track. It was featured on their short album (or long EP if you prefer) called "The Cry" which was holding the eight "Crying" numbers as well as two unrealeased songs of which "The Healer". Paul Wrightson sounding furiously as Fish in this track. A bit too much, I must say.

Most of the songs are quite faithfull to the original though, maybe a bit (but just a bit) harder...

My preferred songs here are "Out Of The Wilderness", "Sirens", "Jericho" (which works really well while played live. It is really outstanding here) and of course the wonderful "Solomon" with its brilliant and emotional closing part. A "Best Of" Arena from the early days, really.

Since the numbers are close to their studio version, I might even recommend this live album to Arena newbies. It will be a cheaper way to get almost all of the great tracks of their previous two efforts for the price of one.

Four stars for this very good Arena live album. I would even say nine out of ten.

Actually, if Arena had dropped "The Healer" and replaced it with "Fool's Gold " it would have reached the masterpiece status.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120829) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 05, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Songs from the lions stage

Welcome To The Stage contains only tracks from Arena's first two studio albums, Songs From The Lions Cage and Pride, plus a brand new song called The Healer. The set list leans heavily towards the band's brilliant debut album Songs From The Lions Cage with no less than five out of the nine songs being taken from that album (the first track is just pre-recorded music, before the band comes on stage). Focusing so heavily on the debut album was a smart move, not only as it is a masterpiece in its own right, but because the line-up had changed since the debut and this new line-up probably wanted to make these songs their own, which is exactly what they try to do here. And even though I generally prefer the studio albums, I cannot say that they don't succeed!

Songs From The Lions Cage was, in my opinion, the band's first masterpiece album, but the line-up had not yet stabilized. As I said above, things had happened in the band since the release of their debut. The most important changes being that singer John Carson had been replaced by Paul Wrightson and guitarist Keith More had been replaced by John Mitchell. Wrightson and Mitchell performs the songs originally performed by Carson and More very well here. This live album had the same line-up that would later do the fantastic The Visitor, the band's second masterpiece album, and this line-up is a more seminal (possibly the ultimate) Arena line-up.

It can perhaps be argued that releasing a live album after only two studio albums is a bit premature, and maybe it was? The band's second album, Pride, is represented with three songs here.

For beginners I strongly recommend starting with the studio albums before going for this (or any other) live album by this excellent band. But this live album features excellent performances of the best songs from Songs From The Lions Cage and a very good taste of Pride too. Songs like Jericho and Solomon has since become live favourites and Arena classics, and listening to this live album it is very easy to understand why.

Excellent addition in addition to the studio albums.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#235893) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 30, 2009

4 stars An album that will never be surpassed by Arena. The reason for it? Paul Wrightson sings. The differences with the other live album, Breakfast in Biarritz are striking. And Paul delivers a very, very good job. He lifts the songs to heights never thought. On their previous studio albums, most songs ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#230892) | Posted by Keet | Tuesday, August 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A first live offering from a band which you really should try and see. It was recorded in Quebec City in 1997 and captures the feel of Arena live brilliantly. Using the William Tell Overture to build an atmosphere and welcome the band then playing three tracks from the debut album. This is fol ... (read more)

Report this review (#100246) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album leans heavily on their debut album "Songs from the lions cage". Except for "the crying for help" sections the complete album is played. The sound quality and production is of good standard (as is expected for this band). With only two songs the "Sirens" album however is not well rep ... (read more)

Report this review (#91904) | Posted by tuxon | Monday, September 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Ok, here you'll find a very decent neo-prog album. Arena is (or was) a supergroup but they don't sound like a supergroup the most of the time. This live recording is very powerful and contains a few memorable live versions ("Valley of kings", "Sirens" -a classic- , "Medusa", "Solomon") but it' ... (read more)

Report this review (#40416) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Welcome To The Stage"