WELCOME TO THE STAGE

- John Jowitt / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums
- John Mitchell / guitar

VERGLAS #VGCD009

and to grendelbox for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Welcome To The Stage Music

Songs From the Lions CageSongs From the Lions Cage
Inside Out Germany 2004
Ten Years onTen Years on
Imports 2006
VERDI / BRUSON / MARTINUCCI / CAFORIO / ARENA - I DUE FOSCARI (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $33.57 Buy It Now 30m 49s
TINA ARENA - STRONG AS STEEL NEW CD US $19.75 Buy It Now 37m 29s
ARENA - RADIANCE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $29.34 Buy It Now 38m 56s
BANDA SEVILLA lp SANGRE Y ARENA argentina ID# 41588 PHILIPS 45018 EX EX automat7 US $19.00 Buy It Now 41m 12s
CARLOS BAROCELA lp TU NOMBRE EN LA ARENA argentina ID# 06327 1989 CBS 20370 VG+ US $19.00 Buy It Now 46m 20s
MARSUPILAMI - ARENA (UK) NEW CD US $33.94 Buy It Now 53m 19s
Arena * Contagion "Max" 2 CD new and signed Complete running order of CD EP's US $80.00 Buy It Now 1h
Mink Lungs - I'll Take It CD alternative arena rock 2000s indie US $0.99 [0 bids]
Red Rider, LP, "Neruda", Rare Art Rock, Arena Rock US $1.99 [0 bids]
RICARDO REY lp ARENA DE OTRAS PLAYAS argentina ID# 31527 1972 TEMA 1002 NM NM au US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Tina Arena - 6 French CD Singles US $20.00 [0 bids]
Tina Arena - 2 Albums and 2 Singles Lot US $25.00 [0 bids]
W-inds. Fly High Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD Ver.C?LIVE AT YOKOHAMA ARENA? US $18.79 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Gipsy Kings live Wembley Arena 29 & 30 November 1989 small poster print A5 size US $25.58 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Living In The 90's Now 2 CD Duran Duran Kylie Minogue Tina Arena TLC Deee-Lite US $15.92 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Dick's Picks, Vol. 27: Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA 12/16/92 Like new! US $31.00 [4 bids]
Journey -Frontiers(Cassette,1983)Arena Rock/Pop_Steve Perry_*Separate Ways US $1.00 [0 bids]
Katie Melua Live At The O2 Arena 2009 CD Jazz Music Album Brand New US $17.05 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Morricone Uncovered, Romina Arena, Excellent Soundtrack US $7.89 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Arena Di Verona 62 Festival Dell Opera Lirica 1984 Picture LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gang Starr - Step In The Arena LP Vinyl Record US $30.95 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 LG Arena Birmingham US $38.38 [0 bids]
JAH STITCH - King Of The Arena - 7" US $13.22 Buy It Now 7h 55m
RICK PRICE - ESSENTIAL CD ~ AUSSIE 80's TINA ARENA ~ NOT A DAY GOES BY +++*NEW* US $13.82 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Slip Treble: UB40 : Live London O2 Arena 2009 3 CDs US $32.41 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : LG Arena Birmingham 2 CDS US $23.87 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Slip Double: Ronan Keating : Live 2013 : O2 Arena London 2 CDS US $23.87 Buy It Now 8h 5m
TINA ARENA Rare AUS Promo Press PUBLICITY PHOTOS US $14.01 Buy It Now 8h 22m
G. Verdi - Nabucco: Orig. Rec. Arena Di Verona CD US $13.43 Buy It Now 9h 8m
DURAN DURAN/ARENA w/OBI JPN EMS91095 US $21.00 Buy It Now 9h 10m
The Doors Live in Boston Arena 10 Apr 1970 Psychedelic Rock Music CD Album New US $35.82 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Arena US $15.34 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Duran Duran 1984 Arena Live Recording G/F EMI UK 12" ELP1487 US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
TINA ARENA Don't Ask.....CD....... US $5.58 Buy It Now 10h
Luis Miguel - Sol Arena Y Mar (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 10h 7m
7 Vies by Tina Arena (CD, Jan-2008, Columbia (USA)) US $17.48 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Une Autre Univers by Tina Arena (CD, Dec-2005, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $17.81 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Io E Te: Arena Live [Bonus DVD] by Gianna Nannini (CD, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, RCA... US $14.42 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Arena US $18.48 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Live at Wembley Arena by Bad Company (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) US $27.52 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Live at Birmingham LG Arena by UB40 (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) US $22.36 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Live at the London O2 Arena by UB40 (CD, Jun-2010, Ais) US $22.36 Buy It Now 10h 14m
I Muvrini & Les 500 Choristes by I Muvrini/Tina Arena (CD, 2008, Columbia (USA)) US $15.56 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Arena di Verona by Giovanni Allevi (CD, Nov-2010, 2 Discs, Sony Music... US $13.58 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Best & Le Meilleur by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-2009, Columbia (USA)) US $17.70 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Live 2013: The 02 Arena, London 26.01.2013 [Digipak] * by Ronan Keating (CD,... US $22.72 Buy It Now 10h 16m
La Vous Etes Toujours [France Bonus Track] by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-2003,... US $17.06 Buy It Now 10h 16m
SEALED FOREIGNER LP Inside Information ATLANTIC 7 81808-1 ARENA ROCK US $8.69 Buy It Now 10h 16m
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6288 US $42.66 Buy It Now 10h 33m
12TAPES! Porcupine Tree, Deyss, Arena, Jadis, Iluvatar, Anekdoten, Fish, Galahad US $145.00 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Queen Paul Rodgers Concert Unused Ticket, Chicago, Allstate Arena, 5-23 2006 US $4.97 [0 bids]
Hard House: Live at the Legendary Arena DJ Irene CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 4m
NEW - Drum & Bass Arena by Andy C. US $47.53 Buy It Now 12h 29m
TINA ARENA - STRONG AS STEEL - NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 12h 34m
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6433 US $42.66 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #47 Little Rock Arkansas 6/10/03 Alltel Arena US $45.00 Buy It Now 13h 12m
Rare ELTON JOHN Concert Paperwork For 1984 Tour At Birmingham Intl Arena US $85.31 Buy It Now 13h 14m
ESTADO MAYOR 7" NENA TIRADA EN LA ARENA-ADIOS argentina ID# 57076 1970 ODEON 864 US $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Cardiff 6/06/2000 International Arena US $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
CD LOT (13) HIP-HOP RAP 2PAC, STEP IN THE ARENA, FUGEES, GENIUS/GZA, RAGE, 7114 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Mayday DNA Live World Tour Taipei Arena Taiwan 2-CD+DVD US $108.68 Buy It Now 13h 43m
CUMBIA COLOMBIANA EDMUNDO ARIAS Y SU ORQUESTA"BRISA MAR Y ARENA"VENENOSA"LISTEN US $36.90 [0 bids]
THE CENTURIONS Enter the arena ep SEKA FREE SHIPPING US $27.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
DURAN DURAN ARENA LP VINYL STEREO © 1984 US $9.99 [0 bids]
I WANT STANLEY! - Red Wings Arena Song (CD 1996) US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
TINA ARENA UK 1995 PICTURE CD Single CHAINS Part 1 MINT US $4.25 Buy It Now 16h
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/2002 US $34.13 Buy It Now 16h 4m
TINA ARENA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/2202 US $34.13 Buy It Now 16h 5m
V/A - Drum & Bass Arena (Anthology, Vol. 2) Feat Chase & Status , Pendulum US $15.34 Buy It Now 16h 19m
TINA ARENA UK 1995 CD Single HEAVEN HELP MY HEART 662097.2 NearMINT US $5.55 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Rare THE BEATLES FIVE NIGHTS IN A JUDO ARENA CD THE SWINGIN' PIG TSP-CD-011 TMOQ US $20.00 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin "Long Beach Arena Complete '75" 3CD Confusion Records Not Tarantura US $159.95 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Drum and Bass Arena Presents Friction and Fabio US $20.46 Buy It Now 17h 36m
TINA ARENA UK 1998 CD Single BURN 666744.2 with LIVE track NearMINT US $5.96 Buy It Now 17h 50m
DURAN DURAN Arena 1984 UK vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION RECORD US $25.58 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #72 Seattle 11/06/2000 Key Arena, Night 2, 3 CDs US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h 53m
AMY MACDONALD love love uk & european arena tour 2010 tour programme 16 pages US $11.86 Buy It Now 18h 59m
DURAN DURAN, ARENA, LP US $10.24 Buy It Now 19h
Drum & Bass Arena - Anthology 1993-2010 - 3 CD - New US $5.10 [0 bids]
Dick's Picks, Vol. 10: Winterland Arena, December 29, 1977 by Grateful Dead... US $30.00 [0 bids]
NM LP~MAX EDWARDS~ROckers Arena~[Original 1982 EPIPHANY Iss]~Shrink~ROOTS REGGAE US $11.90 Buy It Now 20h 13m
DURAN DURAN Arena 1984 US ORG Sealed LP John Taylor Simon Le Bon US $25.50 Buy It Now 20h 59m
LOS SAN JOSE Solo agua solo arena/MERENGUE A GO GO Mericana 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Glitter by The Urbane (CD, Sep-2003, Inside Out Music) John Mitchell Arena Kino US $26.25 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Neon by The Urbane (CD 1999 Verglas) John Mitchell Arena It Bites Kino US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Arena by Duran Duran (Cassette, Nov-1984, Capitol) US $8.33 Buy It Now 21h 34m
TINA ARENA Chains 3-Track (CD Single 1994) US $5.10 Buy It Now 21h 36m
The B52s - Live At London IndigO2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New & Unplayed US $15.34 Buy It Now 21h 37m
Ronan Keating ( Boyzone ) - Live At London O2 Arena 2013 - 2 CD - New US $17.05 Buy It Now 21h 38m
VAN STEPHENSON ~ Righteous Anger - 1984 LP - Power Pop Hard Rock Arena Rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
Grateful Dead Dick's Picks Vol. 5 Oakland Auditorium Arena RARE OOP #313/1500 US $99.99 [0 bids]
Get Saved * by Pilot to Gunner (CD, Jul-2005, Arena Rock (USA)) US $5.50 Buy It Now 22h 15m
A.F.I. I HEARD A VOICE LIVE FROM LONG BEACH ARENA CD NEW US $16.86 Buy It Now 22h 21m
Lot of 3 DURAN DURAN Cassette Tapes Seven & The Ragged Tiger/Arena/Notorious US $7.95 Buy It Now 22h 22m
"Pandemonium: Live at the O2 Arena, London, 21st December 2009 (CD+DVD)" US $25.58 Buy It Now 22h 29m
TINA ARENA HEAVEN HELP MY HEART 4TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 57m
DURAN DURAN - ARENA SIZE 33 LP RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
compilation, The Spirit Of Christmas 2005, Various Artists CD ft. Tina Arena US $14.96 Buy It Now 23h 33m
Duran Duran : Arena CD - Andy Taylor - Simon Le Bon - John Taylor (1999) US $0.99 [0 bids]
PEPSI CHART HITS VOL 6 2 CD KYLIE MINOGUE TINA ARENA MOTOR ACE + MORE US $2.92 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Welcome To The Stage ratings distribution

ARENA Welcome To The Stage reviews

Review by lor68
2 stars I don't like such live albums very much, nor such common places regarding UK new-progressive wave (except on some stuff by IQ and a few songs by the melodic PENDRAGON as well, these latter too much emulating CAMEL!!). I saw them live in Italy a couple of years ago and I remained quite disappointed !!

I don't like to suggest this kind of progressive to you, but If you're involved in such style. You can listen to a good quality of recording. Make your choice!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#1031) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

Review by richardh
4 stars One of the best live albums of the last 10 years that leaves many similar bands standing at the bus stop waiting for a number 9 bus.This band write quality songs and deliver them with GRACE and POWER.Clive Nolan is one of the best keyboard players in prog while the band is as tight as a gnat's anus.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#1032) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 05, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars How come I haven't given my words on this terrific live album? Oh . forgive me, I should have done it long time ago. Why? This album has helped me appreciate the band's first two albums that at first release did not click me, concept-wise. But, once I got this album and had it spun at first experience - it blew me away. The live ambience and the sleeve photographs did stimulate musical energy to me. It's an excellent live show, I would say; performed lively and dynamically by the band. Genesis-wise (learning from Genesis experience), this can be considered as "Seconds Out" for the band's lead singer Paul Wrightson. Well, he is a great singer and as far as taste concern, I prefer him than the new lead singer Rob Sowden. Wrightson's voice is much powerful. But I don't mind at all with Sowden as well.

"William Tell Overture" serves as Fire-bird Suite ala Yes's concert which typically follows with Siberian Khatru. This time, Arena continues it with dynamic and energetic tune "Valley of The Kings" which has hard driving rhythm accentuated by soaring keyboard sound by Nolan. Oh, I do enjoy the inventive basslines by Joh Jowitt (later quitting Arena and focusing on IQ). The keyboard solo is also stunning. The two combine beautifully and produce awesome music. Mick Pointer - who was fired by Fish* from Marillion right after the Recital of The Script at Hammersmith Odeon, 1983 - did an excellent drumming (after 10 years vacuum not playing drum - turned his career as kitchen designer). Excellent job, Pointer. I wonder why Fish fired him, really. In fact, he was the one who auditoned Fish to join Marillion.

"Out of The Wilderness" did make my adrenalin exploding with excellent keyboard at the opening part followed by heavy voice of Wrightson. John Mitchell's guitar fills the part nicely between lyrical passages. There is a segment with keyboard solo that I love. "Midas Vision" provides some sort of break to the audience as the music is slower in terms of beat, exploring keyboard and guitar in a bluesy based music. I like the part where Wrightson sings "Reaching out ..". Simple yet powerful. All tracks are performed excellently, and the peak for me is the performance of "Solomon" where Paul Wrightson really sings with full heart and all other musicians played excellently. "Don't answer me with the same old questions!", he sings. The music starts in a slow tempo and it increases its tempo in the middle of the track with stunning guitar solo, great keyboard and really solid bass lines. Bravo Mr Jowitt! This is one of the best neo prog songs, I think. Look! How great the intertwining sounds of keyboard and guitar during interlude combined with dazzling drum sounds and inventive bass lines. Greaaaaatttt ...!!!!

If you like neo prog and live albums, this is an excellent addition to any prog collection. If you like Arena in specific, there is no reason not owning this CD. And .. don't worry about sonic quality of this album; unlike typical live sound quality, this one is excellent! I even play it outloud with my home stereo. The louder you play it, the better you can sense the true ambience of the concert. Try it! Recommended. Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours, GW

*) Reference: MARILLION "Separated Out" book

"When agony comes more from hope than failure. Look further than your preconceptions, expectations. / Where the power of the mind can take you out beyond this reach. / Higher than the dull and simple world you know so well / Back to paradise..." - Solomon by Arena

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#37199) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I just stumble on this CD a few days ago. Before that I did not even know its existence. But what a treat it turned out! I've been a fan of Arena for years, but I never really thought their first two effords were that good. I mean, the songs were very good, but something was missing. They seemed to lack power and dynamics.

Well, was I surprised when I heard those songs played live. There were some indications though: first this is the best line up Arena ever had (no wonder, is the same that recorded their masterpiece The Visitor). Second: the production here is much better than the previous ones, even if it's a live album. All instruments and vocals are perfect mixed and recorded.

But what stands out all the time is the dynamics of the band. Everything the studios versions lack here they abound. The performance is energetic and flawless, full of power and passion. Paul Wrightson is surely the best singer Arena had, even though he might sound a little too Fish like for some people. Even Clive Nolan's keyboards sound improved. But even if the whole band is in top form here, what really stands out is John Jowitt's bass playing: dynamic, melodic, subtle and powerful all at once. Jowitt's bass fills all the gaps and never overdoes it. A truly instrumentist who works for the music, he knows when to play and when not to play. He's one of the most inventive of today's bassists.

It's a shame this line up did not last too long. This record is a document of a great band's great moment. If you're a fan of Arena, or neo prog, or good music in general, you can't miss this one. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#92552) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 29, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena produced two good studio albums so far. But IMO, the second one was a timid copy of their debut "Songs From the Lions Cage". If you bear in mind that out the eighteen songs produced on both albums, eight were interludes called "Crying For Help" (one to eight); they totalized ten full songs so far.

Almost all of them will be featured here. I say almost because "Empire Of A Thousand Days" and "Fool's Gold" will be featured on a live EP called "Welcome Back! to the Stage". A third song featured on "Welcome Back!" will be one of the serie of "Crying". It is a well known part of their live performances (up to now). It is "Crying IV".

Arena is a very good band on stage. They communicate very well their enthusiasm with the audience and demonstrates a great musicianship. All of this is represented here. The sound is also very good, so we will have a very pleasant live album here.

Not a single weak moment of course. The tracklist is outstanding. Nothing else than very good to great numbers. IMO "The Healer" is the weakest track. It was featured on their short album (or long EP if you prefer) called "The Cry" which was holding the eight "Crying" numbers as well as two unrealeased songs of which "The Healer". Paul Wrightson sounding furiously as Fish in this track. A bit too much, I must say.

Most of the songs are quite faithfull to the original though, maybe a bit (but just a bit) harder...

My preferred songs here are "Out Of The Wilderness", "Sirens", "Jericho" (which works really well while played live. It is really outstanding here) and of course the wonderful "Solomon" with its brilliant and emotional closing part. A "Best Of" Arena from the early days, really.

Since the numbers are close to their studio version, I might even recommend this live album to Arena newbies. It will be a cheaper way to get almost all of the great tracks of their previous two efforts for the price of one.

Four stars for this very good Arena live album. I would even say nine out of ten.

Actually, if Arena had dropped "The Healer" and replaced it with "Fool's Gold " it would have reached the masterpiece status.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120829) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 05, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Songs from the lions stage

Welcome To The Stage contains only tracks from Arena's first two studio albums, Songs From The Lions Cage and Pride, plus a brand new song called The Healer. The set list leans heavily towards the band's brilliant debut album Songs From The Lions Cage with no less than five out of the nine songs being taken from that album (the first track is just pre-recorded music, before the band comes on stage). Focusing so heavily on the debut album was a smart move, not only as it is a masterpiece in its own right, but because the line-up had changed since the debut and this new line-up probably wanted to make these songs their own, which is exactly what they try to do here. And even though I generally prefer the studio albums, I cannot say that they don't succeed!

Songs From The Lions Cage was, in my opinion, the band's first masterpiece album, but the line-up had not yet stabilized. As I said above, things had happened in the band since the release of their debut. The most important changes being that singer John Carson had been replaced by Paul Wrightson and guitarist Keith More had been replaced by John Mitchell. Wrightson and Mitchell performs the songs originally performed by Carson and More very well here. This live album had the same line-up that would later do the fantastic The Visitor, the band's second masterpiece album, and this line-up is a more seminal (possibly the ultimate) Arena line-up.

It can perhaps be argued that releasing a live album after only two studio albums is a bit premature, and maybe it was? The band's second album, Pride, is represented with three songs here.

For beginners I strongly recommend starting with the studio albums before going for this (or any other) live album by this excellent band. But this live album features excellent performances of the best songs from Songs From The Lions Cage and a very good taste of Pride too. Songs like Jericho and Solomon has since become live favourites and Arena classics, and listening to this live album it is very easy to understand why.

Excellent addition in addition to the studio albums.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#235893) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 30, 2009

4 stars An album that will never be surpassed by Arena. The reason for it? Paul Wrightson sings. The differences with the other live album, Breakfast in Biarritz are striking. And Paul delivers a very, very good job. He lifts the songs to heights never thought. On their previous studio albums, most songs ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#230892) | Posted by Keet | Tuesday, August 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A first live offering from a band which you really should try and see. It was recorded in Quebec City in 1997 and captures the feel of Arena live brilliantly. Using the William Tell Overture to build an atmosphere and welcome the band then playing three tracks from the debut album. This is fol ... (read more)

Report this review (#100246) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album leans heavily on their debut album "Songs from the lions cage". Except for "the crying for help" sections the complete album is played. The sound quality and production is of good standard (as is expected for this band). With only two songs the "Sirens" album however is not well rep ... (read more)

Report this review (#91904) | Posted by tuxon | Monday, September 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Ok, here you'll find a very decent neo-prog album. Arena is (or was) a supergroup but they don't sound like a supergroup the most of the time. This live recording is very powerful and contains a few memorable live versions ("Valley of kings", "Sirens" -a classic- , "Medusa", "Solomon") but it' ... (read more)

Report this review (#40416) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Welcome To The Stage"