WELCOME TO THE STAGE

- John Jowitt / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums
- John Mitchell / guitar

VERGLAS #VGCD009

and to grendelbox for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Welcome To The Stage Music

Contagion MaxContagion Max
Imports 2014
Pepper's GhostPepper's Ghost
Imports 2012
Seventh Degree of SeparationSeventh Degree of Separation
Ais 2011
TINA ARENA Songs Of Love & Loss Vol, 2 CD BRAND NEW US $13.32 Buy It Now 37m 42s
Aldershot 1982 Army Display Rushmoor Arena - DR49 (LP) US $25.48 Buy It Now 38m 9s
Duran Duran - Arena - Japan No Barcode 1984 10 TRK FASTPOST CD US $19.02 Buy It Now 1h 34m
WILLIE NELSON - Love Songs - Excellent Condition LP Record Arena ARA 1009 US $15.28 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Duran Duran Arena US $3.00 [0 bids]
Slip Double: UB40 : Live O2 Arena London 2009 2 CDs US $16.81 [0 bids]
Slip Treble: Steps : Live ! 2012 LG Arena Birmingham US $38.15 [0 bids]
Guns N' Roses - Live From The O2 Arena London 3 CD / 2012 Limited 100 only Izzy US $50.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Al Hirt / Yesterday / The Arena 45 rpm Record Vinyl Jazz He's The King Trumpet US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Peter Kay: Live at Manchester Arena [DVD] [2004] By Peter Kay,Gordon Isaacs,Kar US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Duran Duran - Arena LP GATEFOLD POP ROCK 1985 YUGOSLAV PRESS VERY GOOD US $9.90 Buy It Now 4h 36m
AEROSMITH Newcastle Arena 8th May 1997 Concert ticket stub US $1.70 [0 bids]
Tina Arena You Set Fire To My Life 1 Track Promo CD US $5.44 [3 bids]
Arena - The Cry (CD 1997) Marillion Prog Rock USA SHIPPING 8$ US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
AFI I Heard A Voice Live From Long Beach Arena 2007 CD Music Album Brand New US $22.08 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Duran Duran Arena Pioneer Artists 1985 LaserDisc NTSC Video Disc PA-38155-6 US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
SEALED FOREIGNER LP Inside Information ATLANTIC 7 81808-1 ARENA ROCK US $8.69 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Manolo Garcia Arena En Los Bolsillos CD Latin Rock Rare US $24.50 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Arena Rock Classics - V/A (CD 2001) rock metal US $2.50 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Arena - Songs From The Lion's Cage - Polish Press US $44.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
DRUM & BASS ARENA - THE CLASSICS jungle 2 x CD JOHN B LTJ BUKEM RUFIGE CRU KRUST US $6.78 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Souvenirs by Tina Arena (CD, Nov-2000, Sony/Columbia US $4.90 [0 bids]
Depeche Mode ticket Wembley Arena 17/04/86 US $34.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
ADRIANO CELENTANO. Il Concerto. Live At Arena Di Verona 2012 (CD+DVD Digipak) US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Boston Self Titled Debut Album 1976 Hard Arena Rock Classic US $7.00 [0 bids]
GANG STARR - STEP IN THE ARENA NEW CD US $17.10 Buy It Now 7h 51m
ALFANO / JOHNS / STAPP / CESARE / ARENA - CYRANO DE BERGERAC NEW CD US $24.43 Buy It Now 8h 11m
AUTOGRAPH TURN UP THE RADIO 12" ORIG '84 RCA WHITE LABEL PROMO ARENA ROCK POP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Shirley Bassey used live concert ticket Manchester NYNEX Arena 30th of May 1998 US $25.48 Buy It Now 8h 45m
YESSHOWS - WORLD TOUR 1977 - LIVE AT THE LONG BEACH ARENA - RARE COLLECTOR ISSUE US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Tina Arena RARE AUSSIE 5 TRACK TOUR CD "WASN'T IT GOOD " W/- 3 LIVE TRACKS US $14.06 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Marsupilami - Arena NEW CD US $16.56 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Rundgren, Todd - Arena NEW CD US $16.56 Buy It Now 10h 28m
INTROITUS Elements CD Swe PROG (Magenta, Karnataka, Mostly Autumn, Arena, Nexus) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Joe Cocker live concert Sheffield Arena December 1994 small poster print A5 size US $25.48 Buy It Now 10h 53m
MAX - CD - NEW TAKE TAHT SEAL ENYA TLC DIAVA KING ARENA OASIS LA BOUCHE US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Arena Rock cassette tape: Born to be Wild, Takin' Care of Business We are Family US $0.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Live 2007 O2 Arena 2 CD/1DVD set CD soft US $30.76 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Live 2007 O2 Arena 2 CD set US $17.56 Buy It Now 12h 20m
DRUM & BASS ARENA 2013 - NEW CD BOXSET US $26.14 Buy It Now 12h 24m
Tina Arena: Songs of Love & Loss 2 (2008) CD OBI TAIWAN US $23.99 Buy It Now 13h 33m
ADVANCE Yearling by Parson Red Heads (The) (CD, Aug-2011, Arena US $1.95 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Coliseum Rock by Stars 12" LP, Arena Rock - NM US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Live At The Long Beach Arena CD US $13.00 [9 bids]
Ligabue - Sette Notti In Arena Bonus DVD CD US $30.18 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Edson & Hudson - Na Arena Ao Vivo CD US $25.73 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Drum & Bass Arena Winter Selection 2013 UK CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Bronze - World Arena LP Vinyl Record US $23.81 Buy It Now 14h 58m
New ARENA TOUR 2013-ONE MORE TIME-@ NIPPONGAISHI HALL Blu-ray from Japan US $62.97 Buy It Now 15h 22m
I'll Take It [PA] THE MINK LUNGS (CD 2005 Arena Rock (USA)) alternative rock by US $5.43 Buy It Now 16h 34m
DURAN DURAN - ARENA - OBI JAPAN LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Arena - Pepper's Ghost (CD, 2005, Inside Out Music, Germany) US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
WONDERLICK-Topless At The Arco Arena-TOO MUCH JOY/Spark US $8.49 Buy It Now 19h 35m
Techno Arena Stadium Killer Strobe Dance Urban DJ Mix Breaks Sound Effects CD US $11.88 Buy It Now 21h 34m
Pole feat Fat Jon Arena 4 Track Advance CD Single US $10.18 Buy It Now 21h 35m
CDB_Tina Arena_Spice Girls_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA_E7 US $10.34 Buy It Now 21h 52m
DURAN DURAN Arena Live Around The World (Incl Planet Earth) L.P. (1984) DD2 US $10.20 Buy It Now 22h 11m
GIOVANNI ALLEVI - ARENA DI VERONA - NEW CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 23h 3m
DRUM & BASS ARENA: ANTHOLOGY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.37 Buy It Now 23h 3m
Drum & Bass Arena 2014 - Drum & Bass Arena 2014 CD New US $22.08 Buy It Now 23h 34m
10 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new CD US $6.78 [0 bids]
8 song EXTENDED VERSIONS/LIVE by 38 SPECIAL caught up in you ROCK ARENA new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
SHADOWLAND Ring Of Roses +2 JAPAN CD OBI XRCN-1093 Threshold Pendragon Arena US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BAD COMPANY - LIVE IN THE UK 11th April 2010 AT WEMBLEY ARENA (NEW US $11.88 Buy It Now 1 day
PEARL JAM ARENA DI VERONA VERONA ITALY 2CD Y339 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mayday DNA Live World Tour Live Taipei Arena Taiwan 2-CD US $27.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Eighties Greatest Rock Hits: Arena Rock, Vol. 3 (CD, May-1992, Priority... US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
~ ARENA - CONTAGION ~ MUSIC CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AYUMI HAMASAKI ARENA TOUR 2006 LIVE JAPAN 3 DVD 6090yen US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES FORTUNE & FIYA: LIVE AT THE HOUSTON ARENA THEATER - NEW DVD US $10.19 Buy It Now 1 day
AL BANO Y ROMINA POWER ARENA BLANCA ALSO DANNY DANIEL PICTURE SLEEVES WITH 45's US $0.99 [0 bids]
Don't Ask - Arena, Tina - Audio CD - Good Condition US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 2 DURAN DURAN LP RECORD ALBUMS ARENA 1984, SEVEN & THE RAGGED TIGER 1983 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
80's G.H. Rock 3: Arena Rock Various Artists Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran Arena LP Record Album 1984 Capitol Records US $11.00 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA DON'T ASK ADVANCE CD PROMO SONY AUSTRALIA 1994 VERY RARE US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN LIVE AT KEMPER ARENA NOV 19TH 1984 LP EX++ US $8.48 [0 bids]
Persona 4 Arena Original Arranged Soundtrack (Music Album Game Memorabilia) NEW US $4.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Concert Tickets to "Cher Dressed to Kill Tour" Nashville Bridgestone Arena 3/31 US $1,400.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran Arena 33 12" LP Rock mint US $5.99 [0 bids]
BAD COMPANY - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA NEW CD US $27.52 Buy It Now 1 day
TAKE THAT arena vol.1 orange 2006 tour programme 36 pages Gary Barlow US $8.48 [0 bids]
The Thin Men - arena US $8.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Marsupilami Arena - 1972 Transatlantic TRA 230 NL pressing US $2.25 [2 bids]
MUSICARDS 1991 Pro Set Music Card No 255 Historic Concert DOORS Winterland Arena US $5.02 Buy It Now 1 day
MCFLY 2006 Arena Tour UK promo laminated pass + lanyard US $25.50 [0 bids]
THE KRUPPS ENTERING THE ARENA LP STAB2 FRANCE ISSUE US $8.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Highpoint - Pop Cure CD TX '02 Arena rock US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Valley Arena : Take Comfort in Strangers CD (2005) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Grateful Dead Dick's Picks Vol. 5 Oakland Auditorium Arena RARE OOP #313/1500 US $99.99 [0 bids]
Chains [#1] [Single] by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-1996, Epic (USA)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN Arena EMS-91095 OBI LP V2583 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA HEAVEN HELP MY HEART * CD SINGLE * rare US $11.28 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN - ARENA SIZE 33 LP RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Duran Duran : Arena CD - Andy Taylor - Simon Le Bon - John Taylor (1999) US $0.88 [0 bids]
TINA ARENA - DON'T ASK [TINA ARENA] - NEW CD US $9.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Don't Ask by Tina Arena (CD, Apr-1996, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
In Deep by Tina Arena (CD, Mar-1999, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Tina Arena 4CD Set Strong as Steel, Just Me, In Deep, Don't Ask US $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena - 6 French CD Singles US $20.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARENA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARENA Welcome To The Stage ratings distribution

ARENA Welcome To The Stage reviews

Review by lor68
2 stars I don't like such live albums very much, nor such common places regarding UK new-progressive wave (except on some stuff by IQ and a few songs by the melodic PENDRAGON as well, these latter too much emulating CAMEL!!). I saw them live in Italy a couple of years ago and I remained quite disappointed !!

I don't like to suggest this kind of progressive to you, but If you're involved in such style. You can listen to a good quality of recording. Make your choice!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#1031) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

Review by richardh
4 stars One of the best live albums of the last 10 years that leaves many similar bands standing at the bus stop waiting for a number 9 bus.This band write quality songs and deliver them with GRACE and POWER.Clive Nolan is one of the best keyboard players in prog while the band is as tight as a gnat's anus.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#1032) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 05, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars How come I haven't given my words on this terrific live album? Oh . forgive me, I should have done it long time ago. Why? This album has helped me appreciate the band's first two albums that at first release did not click me, concept-wise. But, once I got this album and had it spun at first experience - it blew me away. The live ambience and the sleeve photographs did stimulate musical energy to me. It's an excellent live show, I would say; performed lively and dynamically by the band. Genesis-wise (learning from Genesis experience), this can be considered as "Seconds Out" for the band's lead singer Paul Wrightson. Well, he is a great singer and as far as taste concern, I prefer him than the new lead singer Rob Sowden. Wrightson's voice is much powerful. But I don't mind at all with Sowden as well.

"William Tell Overture" serves as Fire-bird Suite ala Yes's concert which typically follows with Siberian Khatru. This time, Arena continues it with dynamic and energetic tune "Valley of The Kings" which has hard driving rhythm accentuated by soaring keyboard sound by Nolan. Oh, I do enjoy the inventive basslines by Joh Jowitt (later quitting Arena and focusing on IQ). The keyboard solo is also stunning. The two combine beautifully and produce awesome music. Mick Pointer - who was fired by Fish* from Marillion right after the Recital of The Script at Hammersmith Odeon, 1983 - did an excellent drumming (after 10 years vacuum not playing drum - turned his career as kitchen designer). Excellent job, Pointer. I wonder why Fish fired him, really. In fact, he was the one who auditoned Fish to join Marillion.

"Out of The Wilderness" did make my adrenalin exploding with excellent keyboard at the opening part followed by heavy voice of Wrightson. John Mitchell's guitar fills the part nicely between lyrical passages. There is a segment with keyboard solo that I love. "Midas Vision" provides some sort of break to the audience as the music is slower in terms of beat, exploring keyboard and guitar in a bluesy based music. I like the part where Wrightson sings "Reaching out ..". Simple yet powerful. All tracks are performed excellently, and the peak for me is the performance of "Solomon" where Paul Wrightson really sings with full heart and all other musicians played excellently. "Don't answer me with the same old questions!", he sings. The music starts in a slow tempo and it increases its tempo in the middle of the track with stunning guitar solo, great keyboard and really solid bass lines. Bravo Mr Jowitt! This is one of the best neo prog songs, I think. Look! How great the intertwining sounds of keyboard and guitar during interlude combined with dazzling drum sounds and inventive bass lines. Greaaaaatttt ...!!!!

If you like neo prog and live albums, this is an excellent addition to any prog collection. If you like Arena in specific, there is no reason not owning this CD. And .. don't worry about sonic quality of this album; unlike typical live sound quality, this one is excellent! I even play it outloud with my home stereo. The louder you play it, the better you can sense the true ambience of the concert. Try it! Recommended. Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours, GW

*) Reference: MARILLION "Separated Out" book

"When agony comes more from hope than failure. Look further than your preconceptions, expectations. / Where the power of the mind can take you out beyond this reach. / Higher than the dull and simple world you know so well / Back to paradise..." - Solomon by Arena

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#37199) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I just stumble on this CD a few days ago. Before that I did not even know its existence. But what a treat it turned out! I've been a fan of Arena for years, but I never really thought their first two effords were that good. I mean, the songs were very good, but something was missing. They seemed to lack power and dynamics.

Well, was I surprised when I heard those songs played live. There were some indications though: first this is the best line up Arena ever had (no wonder, is the same that recorded their masterpiece The Visitor). Second: the production here is much better than the previous ones, even if it's a live album. All instruments and vocals are perfect mixed and recorded.

But what stands out all the time is the dynamics of the band. Everything the studios versions lack here they abound. The performance is energetic and flawless, full of power and passion. Paul Wrightson is surely the best singer Arena had, even though he might sound a little too Fish like for some people. Even Clive Nolan's keyboards sound improved. But even if the whole band is in top form here, what really stands out is John Jowitt's bass playing: dynamic, melodic, subtle and powerful all at once. Jowitt's bass fills all the gaps and never overdoes it. A truly instrumentist who works for the music, he knows when to play and when not to play. He's one of the most inventive of today's bassists.

It's a shame this line up did not last too long. This record is a document of a great band's great moment. If you're a fan of Arena, or neo prog, or good music in general, you can't miss this one. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#92552) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 29, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena produced two good studio albums so far. But IMO, the second one was a timid copy of their debut "Songs From the Lions Cage". If you bear in mind that out the eighteen songs produced on both albums, eight were interludes called "Crying For Help" (one to eight); they totalized ten full songs so far.

Almost all of them will be featured here. I say almost because "Empire Of A Thousand Days" and "Fool's Gold" will be featured on a live EP called "Welcome Back! to the Stage". A third song featured on "Welcome Back!" will be one of the serie of "Crying". It is a well known part of their live performances (up to now). It is "Crying IV".

Arena is a very good band on stage. They communicate very well their enthusiasm with the audience and demonstrates a great musicianship. All of this is represented here. The sound is also very good, so we will have a very pleasant live album here.

Not a single weak moment of course. The tracklist is outstanding. Nothing else than very good to great numbers. IMO "The Healer" is the weakest track. It was featured on their short album (or long EP if you prefer) called "The Cry" which was holding the eight "Crying" numbers as well as two unrealeased songs of which "The Healer". Paul Wrightson sounding furiously as Fish in this track. A bit too much, I must say.

Most of the songs are quite faithfull to the original though, maybe a bit (but just a bit) harder...

My preferred songs here are "Out Of The Wilderness", "Sirens", "Jericho" (which works really well while played live. It is really outstanding here) and of course the wonderful "Solomon" with its brilliant and emotional closing part. A "Best Of" Arena from the early days, really.

Since the numbers are close to their studio version, I might even recommend this live album to Arena newbies. It will be a cheaper way to get almost all of the great tracks of their previous two efforts for the price of one.

Four stars for this very good Arena live album. I would even say nine out of ten.

Actually, if Arena had dropped "The Healer" and replaced it with "Fool's Gold " it would have reached the masterpiece status.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120829) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 05, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Songs from the lions stage

Welcome To The Stage contains only tracks from Arena's first two studio albums, Songs From The Lions Cage and Pride, plus a brand new song called The Healer. The set list leans heavily towards the band's brilliant debut album Songs From The Lions Cage with no less than five out of the nine songs being taken from that album (the first track is just pre-recorded music, before the band comes on stage). Focusing so heavily on the debut album was a smart move, not only as it is a masterpiece in its own right, but because the line-up had changed since the debut and this new line-up probably wanted to make these songs their own, which is exactly what they try to do here. And even though I generally prefer the studio albums, I cannot say that they don't succeed!

Songs From The Lions Cage was, in my opinion, the band's first masterpiece album, but the line-up had not yet stabilized. As I said above, things had happened in the band since the release of their debut. The most important changes being that singer John Carson had been replaced by Paul Wrightson and guitarist Keith More had been replaced by John Mitchell. Wrightson and Mitchell performs the songs originally performed by Carson and More very well here. This live album had the same line-up that would later do the fantastic The Visitor, the band's second masterpiece album, and this line-up is a more seminal (possibly the ultimate) Arena line-up.

It can perhaps be argued that releasing a live album after only two studio albums is a bit premature, and maybe it was? The band's second album, Pride, is represented with three songs here.

For beginners I strongly recommend starting with the studio albums before going for this (or any other) live album by this excellent band. But this live album features excellent performances of the best songs from Songs From The Lions Cage and a very good taste of Pride too. Songs like Jericho and Solomon has since become live favourites and Arena classics, and listening to this live album it is very easy to understand why.

Excellent addition in addition to the studio albums.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#235893) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 30, 2009

4 stars An album that will never be surpassed by Arena. The reason for it? Paul Wrightson sings. The differences with the other live album, Breakfast in Biarritz are striking. And Paul delivers a very, very good job. He lifts the songs to heights never thought. On their previous studio albums, most songs ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#230892) | Posted by Keet | Tuesday, August 11, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A first live offering from a band which you really should try and see. It was recorded in Quebec City in 1997 and captures the feel of Arena live brilliantly. Using the William Tell Overture to build an atmosphere and welcome the band then playing three tracks from the debut album. This is fol ... (read more)

Report this review (#100246) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album leans heavily on their debut album "Songs from the lions cage". Except for "the crying for help" sections the complete album is played. The sound quality and production is of good standard (as is expected for this band). With only two songs the "Sirens" album however is not well rep ... (read more)

Report this review (#91904) | Posted by tuxon | Monday, September 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Ok, here you'll find a very decent neo-prog album. Arena is (or was) a supergroup but they don't sound like a supergroup the most of the time. This live recording is very powerful and contains a few memorable live versions ("Valley of kings", "Sirens" -a classic- , "Medusa", "Solomon") but it' ... (read more)

Report this review (#40416) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Welcome To The Stage"