GOLD

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

Disc 1 - 78:32
1. The Spirit of Radio (4:57)
2. The Trees (4:43)
3. Freewill (5:22)
4. Xanadu (11:04)
5. Bastille Day (4:37)
6. By-Tor and the Snow Dog (8:37)
7. Anthem (4:22)
8. Closer to the Heart (2:52)
9. 2112 Overture (4:32)
10. The Temples of Syrinx (2:13)
11. La Villa Strangiato (9:35)
12. Fly by Night (3:21)
13. Finding My Way (5:07)
14. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2 - 76:43
1. The Big Money (5:34)
2. Red Barchetta (6:08)
3. Subdivisions (5:34)
4. Time and Still (5:09)
5. Mystic Rythms (5:53)
6. The Analog Kid (4:47)
7. Distant Early Warning (4:57)
8. Marathon (6:09)
9. The Body Electric (5:00)
10. Mission (5:16)

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, synthesizers, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / electric & acoustic guitars, synthesizers
- Neil Peart / drums, percussion, electronic percussion

With:
- John Rutsey / drums on "Finding My Way" and "Working Man"

2xCD Mercury Records (2006)

Thanks to arhka÷s for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Gold Music

GoldGold
Remastered
Mercury 2006
Moving Pictures/Gold CDMoving Pictures/Gold CD
Gold CD
Mobile Fidelity Sound LA 1992
Neil Young/David Crosby/CSNY-Lot of 3 LP's-Deja Vu/Gold Rush/If I Could Only... USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Neil Young After The Gold Rush 1970 R6383 Lp USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.95 Buy It Now
PRELUDE - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - ISLAND 1974 IN SHRINK VINYL LP ALBUM USD $3.79 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Neil Young LP After The Gold Rush With Poster InseRT Reprise RS 6383 1970 NM -MT USD $39.99 [0 bids]
USD $52.99 Buy It Now
Neil Young After The Gold Rush - Early 80s vinyl LP album record German 44088 USD $28.35 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Bill Monroe "The Gold Rush/Virginia Darlin" Decca 45 USD $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 53m
NEIL YOUNG POSTER. After The Gold Rush. USD $8.21 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Neil Young After the Gold Rush 1970 1st VG++ Press w/ Poster Ultrasonic CLEAN USD $38.25 Buy It Now 11h 40m
GOLD RUSH: West Wind (rock & pop vinyl LP) USD $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Neil Young,After The Gold Rush,Including insert,LP USD $21.67 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP UK 19?? reissue EX/EX+ # Classic Rock USD $26.18 Buy It Now 17h
GOLD RUSH *DJ COPY* "CAN SHE DO IT LIKE SHE DANCES" 45 RPM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (180 Gm Lp) NEW LP USD $41.52 Buy It Now 18h 31m
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush Original Vinyl LP 1970 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $17.00 Buy It Now
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush LP - Reprise VG+ USD $8.01 [3 bids]
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $7.28 Buy It Now 19h 52m
SEALED Folk-Rock Vinyl Lp ~ PRELUDE ~ After The Gold Rush ~ Island ILPS-9282 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 20h 20m
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH NEW/SEALED CD REPRISE 2283-2 USD $5.22 [0 bids]
G Dot The Gold Rush Volume 1 CD USD $1.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH REEL TO REEL TAPE USD $33.00 [1 bids]
Neil Young After the Gold Rush LP RS6383 1970 w/insert USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 51m
NEIL YOUNG - After The Gold Rush 1970 USA GATEFOLD REPRISE 6383 EX- VINYL USD $6.95 [0 bids]
PRELUDE - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH British Folk Great Harmonies Very Good ++ USD $2.22 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG "AFTER THE GOLD RUSH" VINYL LP RECORD REPRISE MSK 2283 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG**AFTER THE GOLD RUSH**CD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush LP Original US Pressing 12" LYRIC SHEET INSERT USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG~ After The Gold Rush LP ORIG '70 REPRISE RS 6383 Vg Wax Rb3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! USD $224.36 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG 1970 AFTER THE GOLD RUSH.. MADE IN GERMANY BY TELDEC...RS 6383 MINT USD $25.00 [0 bids]
After The Gold Rush by Neil Young USD $22.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After the Gold Rush Japan Orig. LP OBI INSERT COMPLETE USD $29.99 [2 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - 0093624978664 USD $52.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Days Of '49: Songs Of Gold Rush - English,Logan (2009, CD New) USD $14.34 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH UK REPRISE 1973 GATEFOLD 12" LP FREE UK POST USD $37.40 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH 1970 REPRISE 12" LP GATE POSTER FREE UK POS USD $41.88 Buy It Now 1 day
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold rush 12" INDIE USD $5.22 Buy It Now 1 day
GOLDTOES - GOLD RUSH (+DVD) NEW CD USD $18.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - Audio Cassette - PLAY TESTED USD $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
English,Logan - Days Of '49: Songs Of Gold Rush [CD New] USD $16.36 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH GATE FOLD 33 RPM 12" VINYL LP REPRISE 6383 NM USD $12.50 [0 bids]
GOLD RUSH XVI - SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS LP SEALED USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Record LP Reprise Rock VG++ Inner Sleeve USD $15.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Gold Rush 79 [LP] 24 Original Hits and Stars (Vinyl) 2 discs K-Tel TU2660 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.50 Buy It Now
12" Single - Alternative - Men They Couldn't Hang - Gold Rush - SELLT1 USD $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Monroe BLUEGRASS 45 (Decca 32404) Virginia Darlin'/The Gold Rush VG+ USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush REPRISE RECORDS 1970 RS 6383 RE1 Gatefold VG++ USD $99.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LOGAN ENGLISH - THE DAYS OF '49: SONGS OF THE GOLD RUSH NEW CD USD $20.18 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACK GOLD - RUSH-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
POLKA GOLD RUSH - WALTER PROCANYN and his NASHVILLE POLKA BRASS - 12'' VINYL LP USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
PRELUDE - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH "SEALED" 8 TRACK TAPE USD $13.91 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG When You Dance I Can Really Love You 7" B/w After The Gold Rush UK USD $18.83 Buy It Now 2 days
YOUNG,NEIL - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH (NEW) CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Prelude After the Gold Rush 12" LP NM Island Records USD $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
TOMMY GRAHAM 45 " Right On / After The Gold Rush " CAPITOL Canada USD $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - VINYL LP Gatefold RS 6383 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1970 Neil Young - After The Gold Rush 12" LP Reprise 6383 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young "After The Gold Rush" USD $4.00 [0 bids]
A Little Light Music by Jethro Tull (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) Best of LIVE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG 1970 "After The Gold Rush" LP (Germany) NM- USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BIG STAMPEDE RUBEN GAINES STORY OF THE GOLD RUSH PIONEER RECORDS USD $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BILL MONROE, THE GOLD RUSH b/w VIRGINIA DARLIN', ORIGINAL 1968 45 rpm, MINT-! USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
1970 Neil Young After the Gold Rush Record Album Vinyl LP Reprise 6383 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG "POSTER" After the Gold Rush P-8002R LP AU1281 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young ~ After The Gold Rush LP ~ Hard To Find RE1 Cut ~ Lyrics Insert USD $12.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH CD CLASSIC ALBUM!! 2009 REISSUE USD $2.32 [0 bids]
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Vinyl Record 12" Lp USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush LP Vinyl Record RS 6383 Good Plus Rock W/Poster USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.50 Buy It Now
After The Gold Rush - Young,Neil (2009, CD New) USD $8.27 Buy It Now 3 days
neil young After The Gold Rush lp vinyl new sff USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG Vinyl LP After The Gold Rush (Incl Only Love Can Break You Heart) EX+ USD $23.92 Buy It Now 3 days
PRELUDE - After The Gold Rush - Excellent Condition LP Record Island ILPS 9282 USD $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Duophonic by Charles & Eddie (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) USD $10.96 Buy It Now 3 days
GOLD RUSH 1979 & SUPERSTARS BLONDIE RAFFERTY LRB KISS ABBA PARSONS 2 LP SET USD $38.24 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush LP 11 Track Reissue In Gatefold Sleeve GERMAN Re USD $17.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Major Lee Vincente 12" Disco Single, Let Me Take You Higher, Gold Rush USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993) USD $1.50 [0 bids]
CHARLIE CHAPLIN- Soundtrack CD Gold Rush/Great Dictator/City Lights/Modern Time USD $14.61 Buy It Now 3 days
BILL MONROE: The Gold Rush / Virginia Darling (bluegrass vinyl 45) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH Gold Rush 7" B/w Version In Pic Sleeve UK Boredom 2004 USD $8.96 Buy It Now 3 days
MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold Rush 7" B/w Ghost Of Cable Street Pic Sleeve UK Mca USD $7.84 Buy It Now 3 days
YELLO Gold Rush 7" 2 Track Pic Sleeve UK Mercury 1986 USD $7.84 Buy It Now 3 days
(DV662) My Tiger My Timing, The Gold Rush - DJ CD USD $3.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young Lot Of 5 LPs Harvest Decade Live Rust After The Gold Rush Shocking USD $20.00 [1 bids]
After the Gold Rush - Neil Young (CD) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH Gold Rush CD 3 Track Radio Edit Promo B/w Gold Rush And Hard USD $7.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young 4 CD lot W/After the Gold Rush, Ragged Glory, Unplugged as ARC CD's USD $15.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush CASSETTE 11 Track (m52283) US Reprise USD $9.41 Buy It Now 4 days
NEIL YOUNG / AFTER THE GOLD RUSH JAPAN CD OOP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (2009 Sealed CD) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Duophonic Charles & Eddie Very Good Cond CD Jul-1996 Gold Rush USD $4.00 [0 bids]
MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold Rush 12" 3 Track B/w Ghosts Of Cable Street And Walk USD $7.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young Lp "After The Gold Rush" 1970 orig. 1st press Gatefold RS-6383 VG USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
I can make a mess - Gold Rush vinyl - Ace Enders - Early November USD $85.00 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Cassette - Gold Rush IDAC-004 SEALED USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Goldtoes - Gold Rush [CD New] USD $13.38 Buy It Now 4 days
8 TRACK VINTAGE NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH MAGNITRON OKLAHOMA CITY OK USD $11.11 Buy It Now 4 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH NEW CD USD $14.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young ? After The Gold Rush Vinyl LP Reprise Album USD $10.00 [0 bids]
0 result found for "RUSH"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Gold ratings distribution

RUSH Gold reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Another Rush compilation... but so what, one isn't supposed to buy any if not necessary. As a librarian in response of music I must say this friendly prized 2-cd was a perfect choice to our library where Rush music didn't nearly exist before. (Edit several years later: of course I have increased the number of Rush albums in my library!)

From their debut (1974) up to Hold Your Fire (1987) each studio album is represented by two or three tracks (except Caress of Steel by 'Bastille Day' only). Naturally one can argue about choices; I would have minimized the amount of two first raw albums and replaced some tracks here and there, but in general it works very well.

The chronology is broken within each CD; the first disc covers their most proggy period (the long tracks are 'Xanadu' and 'La Villa Strangiato') and the second their 'synth' period starting from Moving Pictures. In fact I enjoyed the latter more. Maybe because my first ever Rush album was Signals, which still is a (minor) classic to me. Also, I like the art work showing the 12 album covers as an art exhibition. What else can be asked from a compilation?

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

Well, look what we have here. Yet another Rush complitation. Of course as a complitiation, there is no reason a fan should buy this, but this is a farely good introduction to Rush for a new emerging fan. The first disc is more of their progressive years, and disc two is more of their synthed years. While all the music is good, they really made some boneheaded moves (only the opening of 2112!! After that I went and listened to the real version!!!). Other complitations of theirs are better, but this isn't horrible or anything. I wouldn't even reccomend starting with a complitation, and this isn't the one to start with anyway. Pass it by, even newbies to Rush.

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Gold' - Rush (Compilation)

Judging by the song choice here, this is a decent representation of Rush up to 'Hold Your Fire.' But the question here is, what the hell happened to all of the material after that album? While this 'Gold' album is supposed to be a greatest hits for Rush, there's still material from 'Presto,' 'Roll The Bones,' 'Test For Echo,' 'Counterparts,' and 'Vapor Trails' that was in existence when this compilation was produced that definately could have made it onto this two disc set. This was compiled in 2006! While there's an obvious excuse for not having Snakes & Arrows material, what about classics like 'Superconductor,' 'Animate,' or 'The Pass?'

If you're set on buying a double-disc compilation, buy something a little bit more complete, like 'Chronicles.'

Review by Peter
3 stars The two discs and 29 tracks of RUSH GOLD offer a thorough retrospective of Rush's 70s & 80s catalogue, with selections from of the Canadian power prog trio's first twelve albums. Long-time, committed fans will of course already have the original albums, and thus won't find anything new here, but sometime and/or late-coming fans (such as your faithful reviewer) will herein find all the Rush they know from the radio, and really need. Furthermore, RUSH GOLD is bargain-priced to sell, and thus represents a formidable bang for your buck.

Most of the band's better-known numbers are here, and the sound is excellent. You get all the perennial FM hits like "Fly By Night," "Closer To The Heart," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Freewill," "Limelight," "New World Man" and "Tom Sawyer." Also included is the epic instrumental workout "La Villa Strangiato," plus additional essential material such as "The Trees," "The Big Money," "Red Barchetta," "Subdivisions" and "The Analog Kid." My absolute favourite, though, is "Time Stand Still," which blew me away with its sheer power, unexpected beauty, and moving lyrics when I first heard it here. Crank it up!

If you've ever enjoyed the odd Rush song when it comes on your car radio, yet have somehow resisted buying any of their albums, or are unsure where to start, this collection would represent a fine overview. RUSH GOLD is a solid compilation of some very solid music, and well worth the minimal entry price.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars 155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie

This is my first Rush album and it means a lot to me as it was the first of many and I systematically collected the entire Rush catalogue including live albums and DVDs. But this is where it started for me so it has sentimental value. Someone told me, a magazine actually, that Rush were an exceptional band and I was not ready to indulge in a studio album just from the hearsay of a magazine, however when I saw this 2 CD greatest hits collection I knew this would be a fantastic way to be introduced to Rush. After all it featured much revered tracks such as 'Bytor and the Snow Dog', 'Xanadu', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. I knew these tracks were supposed to be classic Rush songs so the risk would be worth it surely. I had no idea what I was getting into. I was completely blown away with this compilation.

As a newbie to the band nothing prepared me for the likes of 'The Spirit of Radio', the melodic 'Freewill' or the heavy riffing 'Bastille Day'. 'By-Tor and the Snow Dog' lived up to expectation as a prog classic, as did the classic '2112 Overture' and 'The Temples of Syrinx'. I was surprised that I had heard this latter track on the metal radio show some years back; it's a genuine rocker with Lee belting out a killer chorus that is as memorable as anything I have heard. The band are a powerhouse of guitar rock on the instrumental 'La Villa Strangiato', one of the classics of prog. The band sound raw and very heavy on the last three tracks of CD1, 'Fly by Night', 'Finding My Way' and 'Working Man', of which I am a real fan with its riffing guitars and awesome vocals, featuring an amazing instrumental break.

CD2 has some of the more recent Rush tracks up to the time of release and is not as good as the early material but still great rock, full of Lifeson's clanging guitars and melodic vocals, with huge drums from Peart. 'The Big Money' and 'Red Barchetta' are always favourite 80s tracks, as well as 'Time Stand Still' and 'Distant Early Warning'. One of the best Rush tracks undoubtedly is 'Limelight' which has become an outright treasure over the years to my ears. I like the synthesizer heavy tracks from "Signals" and "Power Windows" but there is no forgetting gems such as the incredibly popular 'Tom Sawyer' that starts many live performances.

The booklet is a colourful look at the album artwork and tells me where the tracks originated from and this was a sure fire way of enticing a Rush newbie, that I was, into getting the albums one at a time. As I said I have a soft spot for this album, there was not much missing that was brilliant from the first albums of the band I must admit, but it is still essential to get the actual albums. There is a lot missing such as 'Hemispheres', 'Cygnus X1', and 'YYZ' but overall this compilation offers a great deal. The compilation is an excellent intro to Rush and with 2 CDs worth of their best material, at a very reasonable price too I might add, this is irresistible for a Rush newbie. For the initiated of course there is nothing new but still a fantastic collection for any Rush fan, well compiled, well packaged, and containing just about everything brilliant about Rush.

Review by Gatot
3 stars I perfectly agree with AtomicCrimsonRus who said "155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie". What a good statement as it applies exactly right for this compilation. Of course this is especially for those who have never heard Rush which is I believe not that many. What I think is that many people have heard Rush but not familiar with the music and the albums. I prefer to recommend newbie to buy album by album starting with "Exit Stage Left", "Moving Pictures", "Hemisphere" and "A Farewell to Kings". Once he is familiar with that albums he can continue with others. But for newbie sometimes they want something in one package representing the musical journey of the band with various changes of the styles.

Starting the compilation with "The Spirit of Radio" (4:57) is a bold decision even though time- wise it's not taken from the first album. The interesting part is the opening lyrics which indicate energetic morning with "Begin the day with a friendly voice" as Geddy Lee sings. Disc One basically varied in terms of style as it has acoustic sesion wiyj "The Trees" and it has great "La Villa Strangiato" and ended with old song "Working Man". Disc Two represents the later stage of Rush as most of the songs were taken from albums that utilized keyboard except Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of Canada's power trio Rush. Keep on proggin' ...

Peae on earth and mercy mild - GW

4 stars As a Long Time RUSH Fan, I remember the first time someone asked me why there was not a RUSH Greatest Hits album, like there were for so many other popular Rock groups. I thought to myself, Well, they really don't have any Hits, and anyway, ALL there songs are Great, so it would practically i ... (read more)

Report this review (#192550) | Posted by Analog Kid | Wednesday, December 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars my god...i like to hear a new album of them. Did the record company made them to release another compilation CD. The songs that are issued are quite standard and predictable. So we can choose for Rush through time, Chronicles, Retrospective I and II, The Spirit of Radio....by the way...no song ... (read more)

Report this review (#94722) | Posted by | Monday, October 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Though this album won't interest poeple who already own 1990's Chronicles, because those two compilation are very similar, I'd strongly reccomend this album for those who want to discover more about this excellent band. All their hits are on the tracklist, plus many track that are regulary pla ... (read more)

Report this review (#81839) | Posted by Arhka÷s | Friday, June 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Gold"