GOLD

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

Disc 1 - 78:32
1. The Spirit of Radio (4:57)
2. The Trees (4:43)
3. Freewill (5:22)
4. Xanadu (11:04)
5. Bastille Day (4:37)
6. By-Tor and the Snow Dog (8:37)
7. Anthem (4:22)
8. Closer to the Heart (2:52)
9. 2112 Overture (4:32)
10. The Temples of Syrinx (2:13)
11. La Villa Strangiato (9:35)
12. Fly by Night (3:21)
13. Finding My Way (5:07)
14. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2 - 76:43
1. The Big Money (5:34)
2. Red Barchetta (6:08)
3. Subdivisions (5:34)
4. Time and Still (5:09)
5. Mystic Rythms (5:53)
6. The Analog Kid (4:47)
7. Distant Early Warning (4:57)
8. Marathon (6:09)
9. The Body Electric (5:00)
10. Mission (5:16)

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, synthesizers, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / electric & acoustic guitars, synthesizers
- Neil Peart / drums, percussion, electronic percussion

With:
- John Rutsey / drums on "Finding My Way" and "Working Man"

2xCD Mercury Records (2006)

Thanks to arhkaös for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Gold Music

GoldGold
Remastered
Mercury 2006
Gold by Rush (2006-08-02)Gold by Rush (2006-08-02)
Mercury
Gold by Mercury (2006-01-01)Gold by Mercury (2006-01-01)
Mercury (2006-01-01)

LP, NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush REPRISE 1970 RS 6383 RE2 Gatefold/Poster VG++ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 41m 14s
1978 Rock Press LP : Neil Young ~ After The Gold Rush ~ Reprise MSK 2283 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP VG+ RS 6383 Reprise Stereo 1970 Vinyl Record USD $18.75 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush 1970 Reprise 12" 33 RPM LP (VG+) USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
NEIL YOUNG~AFTER THE GOLD RUSH~FACTORY SEALED, NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES NYA 03 2009 USD $33.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
NEIL YOUNG~AFTER THE GOLD RUSH~FACTORY SEALED 1978 REPRISE RECORDS MSK 2283 USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Neil Young After the Gold Rush Reprise LP EX orig. inner sleeve EX cover 1970 USD $15.55 [5 bids]
Prelude After the Gold Rush 1974 Island Records # ILPS-9282 FOLK ROCK Sealed LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Gold Rush - New World Evolution (The End Of The Beginning) [CD New] USD $10.40 Buy It Now 4h 7m
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush VINYL LP REPRISE RS 6383 Gatefold 1970 USD $5.75 Buy It Now 12h 15m
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP OBI INSERT & POSTER JAPAN VINYL P-10120R MINT USD $249.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
English,Logan - Days Of '49: Songs Of Gold Rush [CD New] USD $16.07 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993). CD Album, 075992724326, Free P USD $5.04 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Days Of '49: Songs Of Gold Rush - Logan English (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $14.07 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Pat Foster w/Dick Weissman - Gold Rush Songs - Vinyl LP - Folk Songs Americana USD $21.00 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush CD Classic - Excellent Con. USD $2.52 [0 bids]
Yonatan Gat Ascension Analog Gold Rush Joyful Noise Lathe Cut/cd USD $20.00 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Neil Young "After the Gold Rush" LP with insert USD $8.50 [3 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH. ORIGINAL USA REPRISE Cat no RSLP 6383 STEREO. USD $6.33 [0 bids]
The Days of '49: Songs of the Gold Rush New CD USD $19.98 Buy It Now 19h 18m
THE DAYS OF '49: SONGS OF THE GOLD RUSH [USED CD] USD $17.15 Buy It Now 19h 24m
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH UK REPRISE RARE RSLP A1 B1 FIRST COMPLETE USD $94.94 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG After the gold rush Vinyl LP REPRISE K44088 USD $22.77 Buy It Now 20h 38m
K.D. Lang After the Gold Rush, Love is Everything Card Sleeve - Sealed Promo CD USD $10.02 Buy It Now 21h 33m
Neil Young After the Gold Rush Music Album CD 1987 Reprise Southern Man Rock USD $10.50 Buy It Now 21h 58m
GERMAN press NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP NYA ORS disc 03 GATEFOLD/POSTER USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 11m
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - NEW CD USD $9.68 Buy It Now 22h 20m
NEIL YOUNG~AFTER GOLD RUSH~RARE ORIG '70 REPRISE w/INSERT~FIRST COVER~1A/1A~MINT USD $50.00 [6 bids]
Accardijimmi - Songs Of The Gold Rush [CD New] USD $14.36 Buy It Now 1 day
PRELUDE - After the Gold Rush - 8-TRACK TAPE - New / Still Sealed - Island USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE KENT Hall Of Shame/Gold Rush 45 Maverick Texas hillbilly bopper hear USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush. 1971 Reprise K 44 088. RARE German VG+ VINYL USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Neil Young-After the Gold Rush CD NEW USD $10.41 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After the Gold Rush 140g LP gatefold NEW SEALED USD $20.68 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP 1971 JAPAN PRESS NM WAX TOM WAITS w/ obi USD $34.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH VINYL RECORD ALBUM USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush RS.6383 Canadian Press Ex/ex USD $22.79 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG : AFTER THE GOLD RUSH (REPRISE K 44088 STEREO) C/W POSTER. EX+ USD $12.65 [0 bids]
USD $31.63 Buy It Now
Neil Young Harvest + After The Gold Rush Classic CD Album Reprise Goldrush USD $11.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Japan 1st CD Obi 20P2-2092 USD $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $5.75 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG - After the Gold Rush Vinyl LP (RS 6383) REPRISE - 1970 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Salute-Gold Rush Ep VINYL NEW USD $21.26 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG CD - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH (2009) - NEW UNOPENED USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1952 HOWARD TOOLEY california gold rush 2x 78 RPM Record VG- L 103 USD $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gold Rush [PA] New CD USD $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
neil young after the gold rush original 1970 reprise usa lp record gatefold nice USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young: After the Gold Rush 1970 Warner Bros USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young-After the Gold Rush (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $8.13 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG LP After The Gold Rush UK Press Reprise K44088 Lyrics Poster USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Geezers Of Nazareth Gold Rush 3 Trk CD PROMO USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Private Revolution by World Party (Album CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) Sealed USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young LP After the Gold Rush 1970 W/Songs Insert Excellent Collector Record USD $49.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Duophonic by Charles & Eddie (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) ** tested ** USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG after the gold rush, extended versio, nm on REPRISE 1978 USD $16.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After the Gold Rush CD Reprise 1970 USD $7.25 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG 2 X CDS - HARVEST / AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - REPRISE - PSYCH / PROG     USD $6.32 [0 bids]
Neil Young After The Gold Rush VG+ Vinyl RS 6383 Gatefold Poster 1st Press 1970 USD $45.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush VG Vinyl RS 6383 Gatefold Poster Original 1970 USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PRELUDE - After The Gold Rush - Excellent Condition LP Record Island ILPS 9282 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG LP~AFTER THE GOLD RUSH~1970 GERMAN 1ST PRESS-44088 RARE-NM VINYL USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold rush 12" INDIE USD $4.42 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG After Gold Rush TOP QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY-EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING USD $63.23 Buy It Now 2 days
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold Rush 7" Vinyl 45! USD $3.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Vinyl Lp French 1972 Reissue USD $12.65 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG LP 1970 After The Gold Rush 1st Press Complete + Poster RE-1 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
USD $40.00 Buy It Now
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush CD ALBUM / SOUTHERN MAN, TILLTHE MORNING COMES USD $2.52 Buy It Now 2 days
CLASSIC ROCK LP - Neil Young - After The Gold Rush, Gatefold USD $9.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Werner Frey Zither gold rush 88 Jasper Banff Private Canada LN TESTED RARE USD $4.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush Nice condition lp USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young (4) LP LOT "Everybody, Gold Rush, Zuma, Hawks and Doves" VG- to VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young Crazy Horse LIVE RUST 1979 Vinyl Record & After the Gold Rush OG LP USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - Reprise Records - 1970 #746627 USD $31.63 Buy It Now 3 days
After the Gold Rush USD $19.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Gold! Gold! Gold! The Johannesburg Gold Rush by Eric Rosenthal USD $1.90 [0 bids]
Indirect - Gold Rush - Black Gold - 2001 #67059 USD $5.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Japanese vinyl LP album record P-10120R REPRISE USD $99.94 Buy It Now 3 days
GOLD RUSH, WHAT YA GONNA DO / LONELY MILES 7"x45rpm RARE 1979 OZ SINGLE RECORD USD $7.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush + Poster + Obi Japanese vinyl LP album record USD $112.60 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG After the gold rush Vinyl LP REPRISE RSLP6384 USD $25.30 Buy It Now 3 days
LP NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH with POSTER **VG+ VINYL** 162 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bob Sandy (78 ep) MUSIC MAKIN MAMA../ GOLD RUSH IS OVER + 4 ~ Park VG c+w USD $6.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush USD $2.52 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH VPI CLEANED USD $22.52 Buy It Now 3 days
SALUTE GOLD RUSH EP RARE 4 TRACK PROMO CD USD $8.85 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE BEACH SOUL 45 GOLD RUSH - THOSE GOLDEN DAYS / SHE'S GOT RHYTHM - 42481 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
INDIRECT Midas Touch 12" VINYL 2 Track In Die Cut Titled Sleeve B/W Gold Rush USD $6.32 Buy It Now 3 days
MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold Rush 12" VINYL 3 Track B/W Ghosts Of Cable Street USD $3.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG - Gold Rush - 1986 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single USD $7.52 Buy It Now 3 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH Gold Rush 7" VINYL B/W Version In Pic Sleeve (Bored1) UK USD $3.03 Buy It Now 3 days
MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG Gold Rush 7" VINYL B/W Ghost Of Cable Street (Sell1) Pic USD $5.30 Buy It Now 3 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH Gold Rush CD 3 Track Radio Edit Promo B/W Gold Rush USD $3.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Gold Rush 79,Vol. 1, ,Good, ######Vinyl with cover art - G/G-Aged collectible wi USD $8.98 Buy It Now 3 days
(GO24) Basia Bulat, Gold Rush - 2009 DJ CD USD $3.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Music Of The Alaska-Klondike Gold Rush (CD 1998) Jean Murray Folk Music USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - REPRISE MSK 2283 - (1970) - "SEALED" USD $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG: After The Gold Rush LP REPRISE RECORDS MSK2283 US 1978 Gatefold NM+ USD $25.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young; After the Gold Rush on LP USD $9.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Gold Rush - Goldtoes (CD Used Very Good) Explicit Version USD $13.58 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Vinyl Record Album LP Reprise lyrics sheet 1970 USD $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RUSH Gold ratings distribution

RUSH Gold reviews

Review by Matti
3 stars Another Rush compilation... but so what, one isn't supposed to buy any if not necessary. As a librarian in response of music I must say this friendly prized 2-cd was a perfect choice to our library where Rush music didn't nearly exist before. (Edit several years later: of course I have increased the number of Rush albums in my library!)

From their debut (1974) up to Hold Your Fire (1987) each studio album is represented by two or three tracks (except Caress of Steel by 'Bastille Day' only). Naturally one can argue about choices; I would have minimized the amount of two first raw albums and replaced some tracks here and there, but in general it works very well.

The chronology is broken within each CD; the first disc covers their most proggy period (the long tracks are 'Xanadu' and 'La Villa Strangiato') and the second their 'synth' period starting from Moving Pictures. In fact I enjoyed the latter more. Maybe because my first ever Rush album was Signals, which still is a (minor) classic to me. Also, I like the art work showing the 12 album covers as an art exhibition. What else can be asked from a compilation?

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

Well, look what we have here. Yet another Rush complitation. Of course as a complitiation, there is no reason a fan should buy this, but this is a farely good introduction to Rush for a new emerging fan. The first disc is more of their progressive years, and disc two is more of their synthed years. While all the music is good, they really made some boneheaded moves (only the opening of 2112!! After that I went and listened to the real version!!!). Other complitations of theirs are better, but this isn't horrible or anything. I wouldn't even reccomend starting with a complitation, and this isn't the one to start with anyway. Pass it by, even newbies to Rush.

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Gold' - Rush (Compilation)

Judging by the song choice here, this is a decent representation of Rush up to 'Hold Your Fire.' But the question here is, what the hell happened to all of the material after that album? While this 'Gold' album is supposed to be a greatest hits for Rush, there's still material from 'Presto,' 'Roll The Bones,' 'Test For Echo,' 'Counterparts,' and 'Vapor Trails' that was in existence when this compilation was produced that definately could have made it onto this two disc set. This was compiled in 2006! While there's an obvious excuse for not having Snakes & Arrows material, what about classics like 'Superconductor,' 'Animate,' or 'The Pass?'

If you're set on buying a double-disc compilation, buy something a little bit more complete, like 'Chronicles.'

Review by Peter
3 stars The two discs and 29 tracks of RUSH GOLD offer a thorough retrospective of Rush's 70s & 80s catalogue, with selections from of the Canadian power prog trio's first twelve albums. Long-time, committed fans will of course already have the original albums, and thus won't find anything new here, but sometime and/or late-coming fans (such as your faithful reviewer) will herein find all the Rush they know from the radio, and really need. Furthermore, RUSH GOLD is bargain-priced to sell, and thus represents a formidable bang for your buck.

Most of the band's better-known numbers are here, and the sound is excellent. You get all the perennial FM hits like "Fly By Night," "Closer To The Heart," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Freewill," "Limelight," "New World Man" and "Tom Sawyer." Also included is the epic instrumental workout "La Villa Strangiato," plus additional essential material such as "The Trees," "The Big Money," "Red Barchetta," "Subdivisions" and "The Analog Kid." My absolute favourite, though, is "Time Stand Still," which blew me away with its sheer power, unexpected beauty, and moving lyrics when I first heard it here. Crank it up!

If you've ever enjoyed the odd Rush song when it comes on your car radio, yet have somehow resisted buying any of their albums, or are unsure where to start, this collection would represent a fine overview. RUSH GOLD is a solid compilation of some very solid music, and well worth the minimal entry price.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars 155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie

This is my first Rush album and it means a lot to me as it was the first of many and I systematically collected the entire Rush catalogue including live albums and DVDs. But this is where it started for me so it has sentimental value. Someone told me, a magazine actually, that Rush were an exceptional band and I was not ready to indulge in a studio album just from the hearsay of a magazine, however when I saw this 2 CD greatest hits collection I knew this would be a fantastic way to be introduced to Rush. After all it featured much revered tracks such as 'Bytor and the Snow Dog', 'Xanadu', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. I knew these tracks were supposed to be classic Rush songs so the risk would be worth it surely. I had no idea what I was getting into. I was completely blown away with this compilation.

As a newbie to the band nothing prepared me for the likes of 'The Spirit of Radio', the melodic 'Freewill' or the heavy riffing 'Bastille Day'. 'By-Tor and the Snow Dog' lived up to expectation as a prog classic, as did the classic '2112 Overture' and 'The Temples of Syrinx'. I was surprised that I had heard this latter track on the metal radio show some years back; it's a genuine rocker with Lee belting out a killer chorus that is as memorable as anything I have heard. The band are a powerhouse of guitar rock on the instrumental 'La Villa Strangiato', one of the classics of prog. The band sound raw and very heavy on the last three tracks of CD1, 'Fly by Night', 'Finding My Way' and 'Working Man', of which I am a real fan with its riffing guitars and awesome vocals, featuring an amazing instrumental break.

CD2 has some of the more recent Rush tracks up to the time of release and is not as good as the early material but still great rock, full of Lifeson's clanging guitars and melodic vocals, with huge drums from Peart. 'The Big Money' and 'Red Barchetta' are always favourite 80s tracks, as well as 'Time Stand Still' and 'Distant Early Warning'. One of the best Rush tracks undoubtedly is 'Limelight' which has become an outright treasure over the years to my ears. I like the synthesizer heavy tracks from "Signals" and "Power Windows" but there is no forgetting gems such as the incredibly popular 'Tom Sawyer' that starts many live performances.

The booklet is a colourful look at the album artwork and tells me where the tracks originated from and this was a sure fire way of enticing a Rush newbie, that I was, into getting the albums one at a time. As I said I have a soft spot for this album, there was not much missing that was brilliant from the first albums of the band I must admit, but it is still essential to get the actual albums. There is a lot missing such as 'Hemispheres', 'Cygnus X1', and 'YYZ' but overall this compilation offers a great deal. The compilation is an excellent intro to Rush and with 2 CDs worth of their best material, at a very reasonable price too I might add, this is irresistible for a Rush newbie. For the initiated of course there is nothing new but still a fantastic collection for any Rush fan, well compiled, well packaged, and containing just about everything brilliant about Rush.

Review by Gatot
3 stars I perfectly agree with AtomicCrimsonRus who said "155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie". What a good statement as it applies exactly right for this compilation. Of course this is especially for those who have never heard Rush which is I believe not that many. What I think is that many people have heard Rush but not familiar with the music and the albums. I prefer to recommend newbie to buy album by album starting with "Exit Stage Left", "Moving Pictures", "Hemisphere" and "A Farewell to Kings". Once he is familiar with that albums he can continue with others. But for newbie sometimes they want something in one package representing the musical journey of the band with various changes of the styles.

Starting the compilation with "The Spirit of Radio" (4:57) is a bold decision even though time- wise it's not taken from the first album. The interesting part is the opening lyrics which indicate energetic morning with "Begin the day with a friendly voice" as Geddy Lee sings. Disc One basically varied in terms of style as it has acoustic sesion wiyj "The Trees" and it has great "La Villa Strangiato" and ended with old song "Working Man". Disc Two represents the later stage of Rush as most of the songs were taken from albums that utilized keyboard except Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of Canada's power trio Rush. Keep on proggin' ...

Peae on earth and mercy mild - GW

4 stars As a Long Time RUSH Fan, I remember the first time someone asked me why there was not a RUSH Greatest Hits album, like there were for so many other popular Rock groups. I thought to myself, Well, they really don't have any Hits, and anyway, ALL there songs are Great, so it would practically i ... (read more)

Report this review (#192550) | Posted by Analog Kid | Wednesday, December 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars my god...i like to hear a new album of them. Did the record company made them to release another compilation CD. The songs that are issued are quite standard and predictable. So we can choose for Rush through time, Chronicles, Retrospective I and II, The Spirit of Radio....by the way...no song ... (read more)

Report this review (#94722) | Posted by | Monday, October 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Though this album won't interest poeple who already own 1990's Chronicles, because those two compilation are very similar, I'd strongly reccomend this album for those who want to discover more about this excellent band. All their hits are on the tracklist, plus many track that are regulary pla ... (read more)

Report this review (#81839) | Posted by Arhkaös | Friday, June 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Gold"