GOLD

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

Disc 1 - 78:32
1. The Spirit of Radio (4:57)
2. The Trees (4:43)
3. Freewill (5:22)
4. Xanadu (11:04)
5. Bastille Day (4:37)
6. By-Tor and the Snow Dog (8:37)
7. Anthem (4:22)
8. Closer to the Heart (2:52)
9. 2112 Overture (4:32)
10. The Temples of Syrinx (2:13)
11. La Villa Strangiato (9:35)
12. Fly by Night (3:21)
13. Finding My Way (5:07)
14. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2 - 76:43
1. The Big Money (5:34)
2. Red Barchetta (6:08)
3. Subdivisions (5:34)
4. Time and Still (5:09)
5. Mystic Rythms (5:53)
6. The Analog Kid (4:47)
7. Distant Early Warning (4:57)
8. Marathon (6:09)
9. The Body Electric (5:00)
10. Mission (5:16)

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, synthesizers, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / electric & acoustic guitars, synthesizers
- Neil Peart / drums, percussion, electronic percussion

With:
- John Rutsey / drums on "Finding My Way" and "Working Man"

2xCD Mercury Records (2006)

Thanks to arhkaös for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Gold Music

GoldGold
Remastered
Mercury 2006
Moving Pictures/Gold CDMoving Pictures/Gold CD
Gold CD
Mobile Fidelity Sound LA 1992
after the gold rush-crazy horse-NEIL YOUNG-1970 CANADA GF ORIG press- EX USD $14.65 [0 bids]
USD $21.31 Buy It Now
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP Album Vinyl Record USD $7.75 [12 bids]
3 LPs Talking Heads Remain n Light Tom Waits Blue Valentine Neil Young Gold Rush USD $16.00 [3 bids]
Neil Young,After The Gold Rush,1970 Reprise Press.VG+ Cond. USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
1978 Neil Young LP After The Gold Rush Reprise Records MSK 2283 EX/VG w/ Poster USD $19.25 Buy It Now 11h 48m
New 8-Track Tape - After The Gold Rush by Prelude USD $9.50 Buy It Now 13h
Black Gold - Rush Vinyl Record LP USD $19.79 Buy It Now 16h 30m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993) USD $4.25 [0 bids]
After The Gold Rush * NEW * Free Priority Shipping USD $15.42 Buy It Now 16h 50m
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush LP 1970 w Insert USD $39.99 [0 bids]
Gold - Rush USD $9.98 Buy It Now 20h 26m
SEALED 1986 The MEN THEY COULD NOT HANG Gold Rush 12" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 53m
After the Gold Rush/Harvest by Neil Young (Cassette, Apr-2004, Warner Bros.) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Prelude After The Gold Rush 7" Vinyl Single USD $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG - After the Gold Rush LP (Later US Press on REPRISE w/Gatefold Cvr.) USD $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH CHIRPY CHIRPY CHEEP CHEEP 45 SCEPTER PROMO GARAGE POP PSYCH USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Record LP Reprise Label Rock VG+ Stereo USD $11.05 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG:Only Love Can Break Your Heart-After The Gold Rush-U.K. 7" Reprise DJ USD $98.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Castalia by Mark Isham (PROMO CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Major Lee Vincente 12" Disco "Let Me Take You Higher" Gold Rush SEALED! USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gold Rush -Headed South (Blue Moon Records 0085) New Sealed Vinyl LP USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush 1970 R6383 Lp USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.95 Buy It Now
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP VINYL RECORD NEW USD $43.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush Original Vinyl LP 1970 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $17.00 Buy It Now
Orig 1974 Prelude After The Gold Rush Vinyl LP Island Records Near Mint USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993 CD) USD $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH UK CD * NEW * USD $8.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Songs Of The Gold Rush - Accardijimmi (2007, CD New) USD $12.69 Buy It Now 1 day
After The Gold Rush 0075992724326, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $16.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush (1970) w/ POSTER - vinyl LP PLAY-GRADED VG USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993) USD $2.52 [0 bids]
20 Years of Jethro Tull: Highlights by Jethro Tull (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Prelude: After The Gold Rush How Long Is Forever LP VG++/NM Canada Dawn RARE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP Classic Rock Vintage Vinyl Record USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG - GOLD RUSH - RECORD VINYL 45' USD $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush on Reprise Records MSK2283 Gate Fold Cover USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yuma Nakamura: Gold Rush (duplicate) (Japan) USD $15.93 [0 bids]
USD $21.03 Buy It Now
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH ORIGINAL WITH ORIGINAL INNER LYRIC SHEET USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Rare Country Bopper 45 : Johnny bond ~ Gold Rush ~ 20th Fox 156 Promo USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Bill Monroe Gold Rush Virginia Darlin Bluegrass PROMO 45 Decca 32404 HEAR IT USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
K tel Gold Rush 79 TU 2660-2 EX+ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PRELUDE After The Gold Rush Folk Rock Oddity Neil Young Title Cover Song LP 1974 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH + COMES A TIME - VINYL LP ORIG UK REPRISE PRESS USD $23.56 [0 bids]
USD $30.64 Buy It Now
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH CD REMASTERED BRAND NEW! USD $7.44 [0 bids]
YOUNG,NEIL - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP VINYL NEW+ USD $36.93 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG LP AFTER GOLD RUSH RARE ORIG AUSSIE INSERT LYRIC SHEET NM 7 USD $35.36 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! USD $178.91 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! USD $193.88 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG after the gold rush 1ST LAMINATED ISRAEL ISRAELI LP USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Black Gold Rush [Slipcase] (CD, Feb-2009, Red Bull Records) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After the Gold Rush Japan Orig. LP OBI INSERT COMPLETE USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young After the Gold Rush 1970 1st W1 Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED USD $36.80 Buy It Now 2 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH GOLD RUSH 7" VINYL USD $5.21 Buy It Now 2 days
SEALED 1985 STEVE BART Haze in the Moonlight LP Gold Rush SB62152 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Various Artists - Denver Nuggets: Gold Rush Vol. 1 CD 2000 USA 18trk USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (NEW CD) USD $10.05 Buy It Now 2 days
4 LP ALBUMS RECORDS NEIL YOUNG CRAZY HORSE FILLMORE MINT - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH USD $39.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH [NEIL YOUNG] [093624979012] - NEW CD USD $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH REPRISE P-8002R Japanese pressing Vinyl LP USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Accardijimmi - Songs Of The Gold Rush [CD New] USD $16.80 Buy It Now 2 days
KTEL GOLD RUSH '79 Amii Stewart Al Gerry Rafferty Dr Hook LP RECORD USD $12.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE "AFTER THE GOLD RUSH" VINYL LP VG+ REPRISE USD $6.99 [0 bids]
(EH548) My Tiger My Timing, The Gold Rush - DJ CD USD $2.97 Buy It Now 2 days
8 track lot KISS Rock and Roll over Kansas Iron Butterfly Neil Young Gold Rush USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gold Rush: "Can She Do It Like She Dances" 45 VG Vinyl Record Stereo/Mono 1975 USD $4.40 [0 bids]
PRELUDE - After The Gold Rush - vinyl LP US Island 1974 EX/EX+ nice copy USD $2.24 [0 bids]
Various Artists : Gold Rush at Copper Creek (2CDs) (2002) USD $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
PRELUDE AFTER THE GOLD RUSH / JOHNSON BOY VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $7.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Radio Fusion Radio by College Boyz (Album CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) Sealed USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AFTER THE GOLD RUSH-PRELUDE-NMINT VINYL LP-ISLAND RECORDS-ILPS9282-RARE POSTER!! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gold Rush - Goldtoes (2007, CD New) Explicit USD $14.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Msk 2283 1978 Gatefold Poster Vinyl Lp 12" USD $14.99 [0 bids]
(DS631) My Tiger My Timing, The Gold Rush - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - "After The Gold Rush" - Reprise 6383 LP USD $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AFTER THE GOLD RUSH-NEIL YOUNG REEL TO REEL TAPE-PLAYED USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Prelude After The Gold Rush Vinyl LP Island Label ILPS9282 (Still Sealed) USD $14.90 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACK GOLD - Rush - CD USD $13.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Logan English - Days Of 49: Songs Of Gold Rush CD USD $21.19 Buy It Now 3 days
GOLD RUSH - NEW WORLD EVOLUTION (THE) (END) (OF) (THE) (BEGINNING) NEW CD USD $13.64 Buy It Now 3 days
CD NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH New & Sealed Reprise Cat No7599272432 USD $10.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush (CD 1987) USD $7.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP UK 1970 VG+/EX with insert # Classic Rock USD $29.83 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG M- After The Gold Rush Reprise RS 6383 No Bar Code album vinyl USD $39.95 Buy It Now 3 days
NIEL YOUNG...after the gold rush...everybody knows this is nowhere..2 LPS USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young After the Gold Rush 1970 Original Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG++ USD $17.02 Buy It Now 3 days
PRELUDE-AFTER THE GOLD RUSH rock LP USD $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG-AFTER THE GOLD RUSH-ORIGINAL ITALIAN BLACK CASSETTE TAPE 1975 USD $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush German vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve Reprise Mint USD $29.82 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - CASSETTE TAPE - REPRISE USD $8.93 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG "After The Gold Rush" LP 1970 Reprise Records RS 6383 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Georgie Young & the rockin Bocs - Gold Rush / Thats Tough - PARKWAY promo # 809 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG "After The Gold Rush" 1970 REPRISE LP~lyric insert~first LP version USD $44.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Sealed 1978 2nd Press Reprise LP No Barcode USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush LP Vinyl NM NICE W/ Insert MSK 2277 Southern Man USD $14.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young "After the Gold Rush" Orig Reprse MSK 2283 FREE SHIPPING NM VINYL USD $21.84 Buy It Now 4 days
LOGAN ENGLISH - THE DAYS OF '49: SONGS OF THE GOLD RUSH - NEW CD USD $13.41 Buy It Now 4 days
NEIL YOUNG After the Gold Rush 1970 Gatefold VG++/VG++ Poster/I.S. both NM USD $15.39 Buy It Now 4 days
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush CASSETTE 11 Track (m52283) US Reprise USD $9.38 Buy It Now 4 days
0 result found for "RUSH"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Gold ratings distribution

RUSH Gold reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Another Rush compilation... but so what, one isn't supposed to buy any if not necessary. As a librarian in response of music I must say this friendly prized 2-cd was a perfect choice to our library where Rush music didn't nearly exist before. (Edit several years later: of course I have increased the number of Rush albums in my library!)

From their debut (1974) up to Hold Your Fire (1987) each studio album is represented by two or three tracks (except Caress of Steel by 'Bastille Day' only). Naturally one can argue about choices; I would have minimized the amount of two first raw albums and replaced some tracks here and there, but in general it works very well.

The chronology is broken within each CD; the first disc covers their most proggy period (the long tracks are 'Xanadu' and 'La Villa Strangiato') and the second their 'synth' period starting from Moving Pictures. In fact I enjoyed the latter more. Maybe because my first ever Rush album was Signals, which still is a (minor) classic to me. Also, I like the art work showing the 12 album covers as an art exhibition. What else can be asked from a compilation?

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

Well, look what we have here. Yet another Rush complitation. Of course as a complitiation, there is no reason a fan should buy this, but this is a farely good introduction to Rush for a new emerging fan. The first disc is more of their progressive years, and disc two is more of their synthed years. While all the music is good, they really made some boneheaded moves (only the opening of 2112!! After that I went and listened to the real version!!!). Other complitations of theirs are better, but this isn't horrible or anything. I wouldn't even reccomend starting with a complitation, and this isn't the one to start with anyway. Pass it by, even newbies to Rush.

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Gold' - Rush (Compilation)

Judging by the song choice here, this is a decent representation of Rush up to 'Hold Your Fire.' But the question here is, what the hell happened to all of the material after that album? While this 'Gold' album is supposed to be a greatest hits for Rush, there's still material from 'Presto,' 'Roll The Bones,' 'Test For Echo,' 'Counterparts,' and 'Vapor Trails' that was in existence when this compilation was produced that definately could have made it onto this two disc set. This was compiled in 2006! While there's an obvious excuse for not having Snakes & Arrows material, what about classics like 'Superconductor,' 'Animate,' or 'The Pass?'

If you're set on buying a double-disc compilation, buy something a little bit more complete, like 'Chronicles.'

Review by Peter
3 stars The two discs and 29 tracks of RUSH GOLD offer a thorough retrospective of Rush's 70s & 80s catalogue, with selections from of the Canadian power prog trio's first twelve albums. Long-time, committed fans will of course already have the original albums, and thus won't find anything new here, but sometime and/or late-coming fans (such as your faithful reviewer) will herein find all the Rush they know from the radio, and really need. Furthermore, RUSH GOLD is bargain-priced to sell, and thus represents a formidable bang for your buck.

Most of the band's better-known numbers are here, and the sound is excellent. You get all the perennial FM hits like "Fly By Night," "Closer To The Heart," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Freewill," "Limelight," "New World Man" and "Tom Sawyer." Also included is the epic instrumental workout "La Villa Strangiato," plus additional essential material such as "The Trees," "The Big Money," "Red Barchetta," "Subdivisions" and "The Analog Kid." My absolute favourite, though, is "Time Stand Still," which blew me away with its sheer power, unexpected beauty, and moving lyrics when I first heard it here. Crank it up!

If you've ever enjoyed the odd Rush song when it comes on your car radio, yet have somehow resisted buying any of their albums, or are unsure where to start, this collection would represent a fine overview. RUSH GOLD is a solid compilation of some very solid music, and well worth the minimal entry price.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars 155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie

This is my first Rush album and it means a lot to me as it was the first of many and I systematically collected the entire Rush catalogue including live albums and DVDs. But this is where it started for me so it has sentimental value. Someone told me, a magazine actually, that Rush were an exceptional band and I was not ready to indulge in a studio album just from the hearsay of a magazine, however when I saw this 2 CD greatest hits collection I knew this would be a fantastic way to be introduced to Rush. After all it featured much revered tracks such as 'Bytor and the Snow Dog', 'Xanadu', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. I knew these tracks were supposed to be classic Rush songs so the risk would be worth it surely. I had no idea what I was getting into. I was completely blown away with this compilation.

As a newbie to the band nothing prepared me for the likes of 'The Spirit of Radio', the melodic 'Freewill' or the heavy riffing 'Bastille Day'. 'By-Tor and the Snow Dog' lived up to expectation as a prog classic, as did the classic '2112 Overture' and 'The Temples of Syrinx'. I was surprised that I had heard this latter track on the metal radio show some years back; it's a genuine rocker with Lee belting out a killer chorus that is as memorable as anything I have heard. The band are a powerhouse of guitar rock on the instrumental 'La Villa Strangiato', one of the classics of prog. The band sound raw and very heavy on the last three tracks of CD1, 'Fly by Night', 'Finding My Way' and 'Working Man', of which I am a real fan with its riffing guitars and awesome vocals, featuring an amazing instrumental break.

CD2 has some of the more recent Rush tracks up to the time of release and is not as good as the early material but still great rock, full of Lifeson's clanging guitars and melodic vocals, with huge drums from Peart. 'The Big Money' and 'Red Barchetta' are always favourite 80s tracks, as well as 'Time Stand Still' and 'Distant Early Warning'. One of the best Rush tracks undoubtedly is 'Limelight' which has become an outright treasure over the years to my ears. I like the synthesizer heavy tracks from "Signals" and "Power Windows" but there is no forgetting gems such as the incredibly popular 'Tom Sawyer' that starts many live performances.

The booklet is a colourful look at the album artwork and tells me where the tracks originated from and this was a sure fire way of enticing a Rush newbie, that I was, into getting the albums one at a time. As I said I have a soft spot for this album, there was not much missing that was brilliant from the first albums of the band I must admit, but it is still essential to get the actual albums. There is a lot missing such as 'Hemispheres', 'Cygnus X1', and 'YYZ' but overall this compilation offers a great deal. The compilation is an excellent intro to Rush and with 2 CDs worth of their best material, at a very reasonable price too I might add, this is irresistible for a Rush newbie. For the initiated of course there is nothing new but still a fantastic collection for any Rush fan, well compiled, well packaged, and containing just about everything brilliant about Rush.

Review by Gatot
3 stars I perfectly agree with AtomicCrimsonRus who said "155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie". What a good statement as it applies exactly right for this compilation. Of course this is especially for those who have never heard Rush which is I believe not that many. What I think is that many people have heard Rush but not familiar with the music and the albums. I prefer to recommend newbie to buy album by album starting with "Exit Stage Left", "Moving Pictures", "Hemisphere" and "A Farewell to Kings". Once he is familiar with that albums he can continue with others. But for newbie sometimes they want something in one package representing the musical journey of the band with various changes of the styles.

Starting the compilation with "The Spirit of Radio" (4:57) is a bold decision even though time- wise it's not taken from the first album. The interesting part is the opening lyrics which indicate energetic morning with "Begin the day with a friendly voice" as Geddy Lee sings. Disc One basically varied in terms of style as it has acoustic sesion wiyj "The Trees" and it has great "La Villa Strangiato" and ended with old song "Working Man". Disc Two represents the later stage of Rush as most of the songs were taken from albums that utilized keyboard except Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of Canada's power trio Rush. Keep on proggin' ...

Peae on earth and mercy mild - GW

4 stars As a Long Time RUSH Fan, I remember the first time someone asked me why there was not a RUSH Greatest Hits album, like there were for so many other popular Rock groups. I thought to myself, Well, they really don't have any Hits, and anyway, ALL there songs are Great, so it would practically i ... (read more)

Report this review (#192550) | Posted by Analog Kid | Wednesday, December 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars my god...i like to hear a new album of them. Did the record company made them to release another compilation CD. The songs that are issued are quite standard and predictable. So we can choose for Rush through time, Chronicles, Retrospective I and II, The Spirit of Radio....by the way...no song ... (read more)

Report this review (#94722) | Posted by | Monday, October 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Though this album won't interest poeple who already own 1990's Chronicles, because those two compilation are very similar, I'd strongly reccomend this album for those who want to discover more about this excellent band. All their hits are on the tracklist, plus many track that are regulary pla ... (read more)

Report this review (#81839) | Posted by Arhkaös | Friday, June 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Gold"