GOLD

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

Disc 1 - 78:32
1. The Spirit of Radio (4:57)
2. The Trees (4:43)
3. Freewill (5:22)
4. Xanadu (11:04)
5. Bastille Day (4:37)
6. By-Tor and the Snow Dog (8:37)
7. Anthem (4:22)
8. Closer to the Heart (2:52)
9. 2112 Overture (4:32)
10. The Temples of Syrinx (2:13)
11. La Villa Strangiato (9:35)
12. Fly by Night (3:21)
13. Finding My Way (5:07)
14. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2 - 76:43
1. The Big Money (5:34)
2. Red Barchetta (6:08)
3. Subdivisions (5:34)
4. Time and Still (5:09)
5. Mystic Rythms (5:53)
6. The Analog Kid (4:47)
7. Distant Early Warning (4:57)
8. Marathon (6:09)
9. The Body Electric (5:00)
10. Mission (5:16)

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, synthesizers, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / electric & acoustic guitars, synthesizers
- Neil Peart / drums, percussion, electronic percussion

With:
- John Rutsey / drums on "Finding My Way" and "Working Man"

2xCD Mercury Records (2006)

Thanks to arhka÷s for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Gold Music

GoldGold
Remastered
Mercury 2006
Gold by Mercury (2006-01-01)Gold by Mercury (2006-01-01)
Mercury (2006-01-01)
Gold by Rush (2006)Gold by Rush (2006)
Mercury
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush & POSTER 1971 REPRISE superb EX USD $12.94 [12 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH D/Remastered CD ~ 70's SOUTHERN MAN +++ *NEW* USD $10.77 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush on CD - New Sealed CD USD $9.97 Buy It Now 3h 16m
NEIL YOUNG : AFTER THE GOLD RUSH CD INC SOUTHERN MAN ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK HEART USD $9.09 Buy It Now 3h 58m
'AFTER THE GOLD RUSH' BY NEIL YOUNG. 12" VINYL LP. ISSUED ON REPRISE RECORDS1970 USD $20.44 [0 bids]
Neil Young,After The Gold Rush,LP USD $18.38 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Gold! Gold! Gold! The Johannesburg Gold Rush by Eric Rosenthal USD $2.04 [0 bids]
After The Gold Rush ...Neil Young ..classic 1970 LP Reprise Records 44088 USD $20.44 [0 bids]
Neil Young After The Gold Rush + Poster + Obi Japanese vinyl LP album record USD $121.20 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush NEW CD USD $6.65 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP Vinyl RI NEW USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (Vinyl, May-2011, Rhino (Label)) USD $35.14 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - Remastered 180gram Vinyl LP *NEW USD $25.74 Buy It Now 11h 49m
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH REPRISE P-8002R Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP USD $0.99 [1 bids]
New 8-Track Tape - After The Gold Rush by Prelude USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 35m
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 55m
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Neil Young-After The Gold Rush- Reprise-RS 6383-Gatefold USD $18.98 Buy It Now 14h 19m
NEIL YOUNG After the Gold Rush UK 2ndPress Gatefold Vinyl LP 1970 REPRISE K44088 USD $13.61 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP VINYL RECORD K 44088 1970 REPRISE RECORDS USD $27.25 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush UK REPRISE RECORDS VINYL LP K44088 Free UK Post USD $29.98 Buy It Now 15h 25m
NEIL YOUNG ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART AFTER THE GOLD RUSH B2B CLASSICS!! USD $6.80 [1 bids]
Neil Young ?- After The Gold Rush A2/B2 UK LP On Reprise Vinyl USD $4.36 [2 bids]
PRELUDE After The Gold Rush ~ RARE 1974 LP folk rock LP Island MINT SEALED USD $9.88 [0 bids]
Various Artists: K-tel Gold Rush '79 8 track tape USD $14.29 Buy It Now 16h 41m
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Vinyl Clean USD $9.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - After the Gold Rush LP - 140 gram Gatefold Vinyl - SEALED CLASSIC USD $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Neil Young Reprise 2283 After The Gold Rush USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young After The Gold Rush NM with Poster! USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young ?1988 After The Gold Rush CD JAPAN ?20P2-2092 USD $28.50 Buy It Now 21h 23m
GEORGIE YOUNG & THE ROCKIN BOCS ~ Gold Rush ~ raunchy sax/tittyshaker ~ PARKWAY USD $135.38 Buy It Now 23h 40m
RAMBLIN RAY PRIVATE SOUTH DAKOTA GOLD RUSH 45 RECORD USD $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Prelude After The Gold Rush 11 Track Vinyl LP USD $8.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage Vinyl 33 RPM Record Album Neil Young AFTER THE GOLD RUSH VG+ Cond USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (180 Gm) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $42.23 Buy It Now 1 day
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (CD, Jul-1987, Reprise) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young : After the Gold Rush CD (1987) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH GOLD RUSH 7" VINYL BUY 2 GET ONE FREE USD $5.44 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP.GATEFOLD EPRISE LABEL USD $7.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush 1970 Reprise Release USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After the Gold Rush REPRISE LP NM gatefold with large poster USD $20.50 [8 bids]
NEIL YOUNG LP LOT / Everybody Knows Nowhere + Comes Time + Gold Rush +Zuma USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Neil Young ?- After The Gold Rush (REF TS) USD $24.73 Buy It Now 1 day
EBAY / CD Neil Young After The Gold Rush USD $6.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush LP (Canada) - 1970 - RS 6383 - VG++ USD $30.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young- After the Gold Rush UK original with poster USD $27.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush NEAR MINT Vinyl LP Gatefold REPRISE USD $19.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP HEAVY VINYL LIMITED PRESS GERMANY GATEFOLD New USD $34.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush 1970 Cassette Tape Reprise Still Sealed USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Label Error, First Cover USD $10.00 [0 bids]
(CN473) Geezers of Nazareth, Gold Rush - 2004 DJ CD USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Black Gold-Rush CD NEW USD $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
(DD60) My Tiger My Timing, The Gold Rush - 2012 DJ CD USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young (4) LP LOT "Everybody, Gold Rush, Zuma, Hawks and Doves" VG- to VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG Official Release Series 1-4 4CD NEW Harvest/After The Gold Rush USD $30.31 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush 1970 REPRISE Records LP USD $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (1993) USD $1.91 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH ULTRA RARE OZ CASSETTE TAPE! USD $14.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Salute - Gold Rush Ep [Vinyl New] USD $14.93 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush 1970 Spanish Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $32.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Exc- Near Mint Surfaces No Bar Code USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH CD Masters Of Harmony 1990s Chorus Champion Nightlife 1996 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG exc vinyl lp AFTER THE GOLD RUSH USD $5.87 [0 bids]
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush ( K-444088 ) 1970 Album Cassette USD $5.45 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP Album Gatefold Cover 1970 MSK 2283 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush LP 1970 Reprise Records RS 6383 NO INSERT VG+ VIN USD $6.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Just One of Those Things by Nat King Cole (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG-AFTER THE GOLD RUSH VG+/VG+ classic rock LP USD $10.98 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL YOUNG "After the gold rush" G'fold UK LP REPRISE K 44088 1970 A2/B3 +POSTER USD $31.33 Buy It Now 2 days
^^CD Neil Young After The Gold Rush 11 Tracks USD $5.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young, After The Gold Rush, Reprise Records MSK 2283, 1978, Gatefold, ROCK USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
(FV661) My Tiger My Timing, The Gold Rush - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.11 Buy It Now 2 days
33 RPM NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH EX. USD $10.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - AUDIO CASSETTE TAPE --- With Label on Case USD $5.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Young After The Gold Rush Cassette, Reprise - Play Tested USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GOLD RUSH - West Wind - BARE Records 3319 - Colorado label SEALED LP USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Young Neil-After The Gold Rush VINYL NEW USD $25.84 Buy It Now 3 days
After the Gold Rush by Neil Young (Vinyl, 1970, Reprise USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - CD - (1993) USD $4.76 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH 1970 LP RECORD A2/B2 USD $20.43 Buy It Now 3 days
After the Gold Rush-Neil Young Gatefold -with insert USD $8.16 [0 bids]
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - CD - (1993) USD $4.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young After the Gold Rush PROMO EMPTY BOX for jewel case, mini lp cd USD $55.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH Album-- 8 TRACK TAPE USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.99 Buy It Now
Gold Rush '79 K-Tel Records Volume 2 Rick james GQ Foxy Hot Chocolate USD $33.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GERMAN press NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP NYA ORS disc 03 GATEFOLD/POSTER USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACK GOLD - RUSH-CD USD $0.95 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG After The Gold Rush Rock RECORD LP VG USD $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young, After The Gold Rush, Reprise Records RS 6383, USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PRELUDE - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH 1974-LP/Vinyl/Record USD $0.99 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH SEALED JAPAN CD LIMITED EDITION JAPANESE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Neil Young, After The Gold Rush, 1970, Vinyl LP Record Album, MSK-2283 USD $1.29 [1 bids]
NEIL YOUNG 'After The Gold Rush' Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED USD $37.46 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW The Days of '49: Songs of the Gold Rush (Audio CD) USD $26.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Duophonic by Charles & Eddie (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) USD $3.97 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP RECORD REPRISE 1970 EX VINYL RS6383 W/ POSTER USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEIL YOUNG AFTER THE GOLD RUSH REMASTERED CD NEW USD $10.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Neil Young After the Gold Rush LP Vinyl Gatefold 1st Press Stereo 1970 - VG+ USD $74.14 Buy It Now 4 days
INDIRECT Midas Touch 12" 2 Track In Die Cut Titled Sleeve B/w Gold Rush (mx1225) USD $6.80 Buy It Now 4 days
GEEZERS OF NAZARETH Gold Rush CD 3 Track Radio Edit Promo B/w Gold Rush And Hard USD $4.28 Buy It Now 4 days
LP kiel auditorium, st. louis
RUSH
~ USD $15.95
CD kiel auditorium, st. luis, mi february 14 1980
RUSH
~ USD $7.97
More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Gold ratings distribution

RUSH Gold reviews

Review by Matti
3 stars Another Rush compilation... but so what, one isn't supposed to buy any if not necessary. As a librarian in response of music I must say this friendly prized 2-cd was a perfect choice to our library where Rush music didn't nearly exist before. (Edit several years later: of course I have increased the number of Rush albums in my library!)

From their debut (1974) up to Hold Your Fire (1987) each studio album is represented by two or three tracks (except Caress of Steel by 'Bastille Day' only). Naturally one can argue about choices; I would have minimized the amount of two first raw albums and replaced some tracks here and there, but in general it works very well.

The chronology is broken within each CD; the first disc covers their most proggy period (the long tracks are 'Xanadu' and 'La Villa Strangiato') and the second their 'synth' period starting from Moving Pictures. In fact I enjoyed the latter more. Maybe because my first ever Rush album was Signals, which still is a (minor) classic to me. Also, I like the art work showing the 12 album covers as an art exhibition. What else can be asked from a compilation?

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

Well, look what we have here. Yet another Rush complitation. Of course as a complitiation, there is no reason a fan should buy this, but this is a farely good introduction to Rush for a new emerging fan. The first disc is more of their progressive years, and disc two is more of their synthed years. While all the music is good, they really made some boneheaded moves (only the opening of 2112!! After that I went and listened to the real version!!!). Other complitations of theirs are better, but this isn't horrible or anything. I wouldn't even reccomend starting with a complitation, and this isn't the one to start with anyway. Pass it by, even newbies to Rush.

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Gold' - Rush (Compilation)

Judging by the song choice here, this is a decent representation of Rush up to 'Hold Your Fire.' But the question here is, what the hell happened to all of the material after that album? While this 'Gold' album is supposed to be a greatest hits for Rush, there's still material from 'Presto,' 'Roll The Bones,' 'Test For Echo,' 'Counterparts,' and 'Vapor Trails' that was in existence when this compilation was produced that definately could have made it onto this two disc set. This was compiled in 2006! While there's an obvious excuse for not having Snakes & Arrows material, what about classics like 'Superconductor,' 'Animate,' or 'The Pass?'

If you're set on buying a double-disc compilation, buy something a little bit more complete, like 'Chronicles.'

Review by Peter
3 stars The two discs and 29 tracks of RUSH GOLD offer a thorough retrospective of Rush's 70s & 80s catalogue, with selections from of the Canadian power prog trio's first twelve albums. Long-time, committed fans will of course already have the original albums, and thus won't find anything new here, but sometime and/or late-coming fans (such as your faithful reviewer) will herein find all the Rush they know from the radio, and really need. Furthermore, RUSH GOLD is bargain-priced to sell, and thus represents a formidable bang for your buck.

Most of the band's better-known numbers are here, and the sound is excellent. You get all the perennial FM hits like "Fly By Night," "Closer To The Heart," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Freewill," "Limelight," "New World Man" and "Tom Sawyer." Also included is the epic instrumental workout "La Villa Strangiato," plus additional essential material such as "The Trees," "The Big Money," "Red Barchetta," "Subdivisions" and "The Analog Kid." My absolute favourite, though, is "Time Stand Still," which blew me away with its sheer power, unexpected beauty, and moving lyrics when I first heard it here. Crank it up!

If you've ever enjoyed the odd Rush song when it comes on your car radio, yet have somehow resisted buying any of their albums, or are unsure where to start, this collection would represent a fine overview. RUSH GOLD is a solid compilation of some very solid music, and well worth the minimal entry price.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars 155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie

This is my first Rush album and it means a lot to me as it was the first of many and I systematically collected the entire Rush catalogue including live albums and DVDs. But this is where it started for me so it has sentimental value. Someone told me, a magazine actually, that Rush were an exceptional band and I was not ready to indulge in a studio album just from the hearsay of a magazine, however when I saw this 2 CD greatest hits collection I knew this would be a fantastic way to be introduced to Rush. After all it featured much revered tracks such as 'Bytor and the Snow Dog', 'Xanadu', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. I knew these tracks were supposed to be classic Rush songs so the risk would be worth it surely. I had no idea what I was getting into. I was completely blown away with this compilation.

As a newbie to the band nothing prepared me for the likes of 'The Spirit of Radio', the melodic 'Freewill' or the heavy riffing 'Bastille Day'. 'By-Tor and the Snow Dog' lived up to expectation as a prog classic, as did the classic '2112 Overture' and 'The Temples of Syrinx'. I was surprised that I had heard this latter track on the metal radio show some years back; it's a genuine rocker with Lee belting out a killer chorus that is as memorable as anything I have heard. The band are a powerhouse of guitar rock on the instrumental 'La Villa Strangiato', one of the classics of prog. The band sound raw and very heavy on the last three tracks of CD1, 'Fly by Night', 'Finding My Way' and 'Working Man', of which I am a real fan with its riffing guitars and awesome vocals, featuring an amazing instrumental break.

CD2 has some of the more recent Rush tracks up to the time of release and is not as good as the early material but still great rock, full of Lifeson's clanging guitars and melodic vocals, with huge drums from Peart. 'The Big Money' and 'Red Barchetta' are always favourite 80s tracks, as well as 'Time Stand Still' and 'Distant Early Warning'. One of the best Rush tracks undoubtedly is 'Limelight' which has become an outright treasure over the years to my ears. I like the synthesizer heavy tracks from "Signals" and "Power Windows" but there is no forgetting gems such as the incredibly popular 'Tom Sawyer' that starts many live performances.

The booklet is a colourful look at the album artwork and tells me where the tracks originated from and this was a sure fire way of enticing a Rush newbie, that I was, into getting the albums one at a time. As I said I have a soft spot for this album, there was not much missing that was brilliant from the first albums of the band I must admit, but it is still essential to get the actual albums. There is a lot missing such as 'Hemispheres', 'Cygnus X1', and 'YYZ' but overall this compilation offers a great deal. The compilation is an excellent intro to Rush and with 2 CDs worth of their best material, at a very reasonable price too I might add, this is irresistible for a Rush newbie. For the initiated of course there is nothing new but still a fantastic collection for any Rush fan, well compiled, well packaged, and containing just about everything brilliant about Rush.

Review by Gatot
3 stars I perfectly agree with AtomicCrimsonRus who said "155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie". What a good statement as it applies exactly right for this compilation. Of course this is especially for those who have never heard Rush which is I believe not that many. What I think is that many people have heard Rush but not familiar with the music and the albums. I prefer to recommend newbie to buy album by album starting with "Exit Stage Left", "Moving Pictures", "Hemisphere" and "A Farewell to Kings". Once he is familiar with that albums he can continue with others. But for newbie sometimes they want something in one package representing the musical journey of the band with various changes of the styles.

Starting the compilation with "The Spirit of Radio" (4:57) is a bold decision even though time- wise it's not taken from the first album. The interesting part is the opening lyrics which indicate energetic morning with "Begin the day with a friendly voice" as Geddy Lee sings. Disc One basically varied in terms of style as it has acoustic sesion wiyj "The Trees" and it has great "La Villa Strangiato" and ended with old song "Working Man". Disc Two represents the later stage of Rush as most of the songs were taken from albums that utilized keyboard except Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of Canada's power trio Rush. Keep on proggin' ...

Peae on earth and mercy mild - GW

4 stars As a Long Time RUSH Fan, I remember the first time someone asked me why there was not a RUSH Greatest Hits album, like there were for so many other popular Rock groups. I thought to myself, Well, they really don't have any Hits, and anyway, ALL there songs are Great, so it would practically i ... (read more)

Report this review (#192550) | Posted by Analog Kid | Wednesday, December 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars my god...i like to hear a new album of them. Did the record company made them to release another compilation CD. The songs that are issued are quite standard and predictable. So we can choose for Rush through time, Chronicles, Retrospective I and II, The Spirit of Radio....by the way...no song ... (read more)

Report this review (#94722) | Posted by | Monday, October 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Though this album won't interest poeple who already own 1990's Chronicles, because those two compilation are very similar, I'd strongly reccomend this album for those who want to discover more about this excellent band. All their hits are on the tracklist, plus many track that are regulary pla ... (read more)

Report this review (#81839) | Posted by Arhka÷s | Friday, June 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Gold"