GOLD

Good, but non-essential

Buy RUSH Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2006

Disc 1 - 78:32
1. The Spirit of Radio (4:57)
2. The Trees (4:43)
3. Freewill (5:22)
4. Xanadu (11:04)
5. Bastille Day (4:37)
6. By-Tor and the Snow Dog (8:37)
7. Anthem (4:22)
8. Closer to the Heart (2:52)
9. 2112 Overture (4:32)
10. The Temples of Syrinx (2:13)
11. La Villa Strangiato (9:35)
12. Fly by Night (3:21)
13. Finding My Way (5:07)
14. Working Man (7:10)

Disc 2 - 76:43
1. The Big Money (5:34)
2. Red Barchetta (6:08)
3. Subdivisions (5:34)
4. Time and Still (5:09)
5. Mystic Rythms (5:53)
6. The Analog Kid (4:47)
7. Distant Early Warning (4:57)
8. Marathon (6:09)
9. The Body Electric (5:00)
10. Mission (5:16)

- Geddy Lee / bass guitar, bass pedals, synthesizers, vocals
- Alex Lifeson / electric & acoustic guitars, synthesizers
- Neil Peart / drums, percussion, electronic percussion

With:
- John Rutsey / drums on "Finding My Way" and "Working Man"

2xCD Mercury Records (2006)

Thanks to arhka÷s for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Gold Music

21122112
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Roadrunner Records 2012
Hold Your FireHold Your Fire
SignalsSignals
Mercury 1997
TAYLOR DAYNE: TELL IT TO MY HEART CD! W/DON'T RUSH ME I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! EX+ US $5.98 Buy It Now 31m 30s
RUSH OST 1992 JAPAN CD OBI WPCR-326 Eric Clapton US $15.99 Buy It Now 32m 23s
Rush Week, Doug Clark And His Hot Nuts, Gross Label, For Adults Only, Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 23s
RUSH Chrome Logo Sew Iron On PATCH New Official US $7.09 Buy It Now 38m 25s
Rush "Rush Permanent Waves" Vinyl LP Mercury 1980 SRM1-4001 CLASSIC ROCK VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
45m 33s
Tom Rush - Self-Titled CD, feat. songs by Jackson Browne, James Taylor,etc. VG US $5.95 Buy It Now 52m 8s
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour (3CD 2013] hard rock Brand New & Sealed US $7.99 [0 bids]
55m 40s
RUSH Presto JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW WPCR-14993 2004 DIGITAL REMASTER US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
ADRENALINE RUSH CD MOTLEY CRUE - Tňve Tave Wanning - US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Jane Wiedlin 45 rpm Rush Hour & The End of Love with Picture Sleeve EMI 1988 US $5.50 [0 bids]
MOVING PICTURES--RUSH--1997 CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
LICK LIBRARY LEARN TO PLAY RUSH ELECTRIC GUITAR DVD NEW US $26.60 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Hold Your Fire [Remaster] by Rush (CD, Jun-1997, Mercury) US $4.27 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Public Enemy - Yo Bum Rush The Show (CD 1995) {CD Album} 0714-CS-99 US $7.67 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Coldplay, A Rush of Blood to the Head Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
MAHOGANY RUSH IV VINYL LP FRANK MARINO US $1.99 [0 bids]
RUSH Test For Echo JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD NEW WPCR-14996 2004 REMASTER US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head (2002) US $1.62 [0 bids]
Helena - Feel The Rush 4 Track CD Single US $5.28 Buy It Now 3h 25m
CD Rush of Ushers - Delightfully US $2.11 Buy It Now 3h 33m
AFTER THE GOLD RUSH LP - NEIL YOUNG - REPRISE - 1970 German A4/B2 N/M US $24.48 Buy It Now 3h 40m
JENNIFER RUSH international version CD the POWER OF LOVE madonna's eyes 25 lover US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, Jun-1992, Capitol) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole (Reissue) CD US $19.40 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Big Time Rush - B.T.R. (Uk Edition) CD US $18.64 Buy It Now 4h 26m
RUSH PERMANENT WAVES JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT WPCR-13478 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Hard Rock 1980's Scorpions Rush Kiss Deep Purple Whitesnake Foghat Hagar Styx CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
JENNIFER RUSH - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION US $11.35 Buy It Now 5h 10m
RUSH Moving Pictures CD 1981 US $13.26 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Otis Rush - Mourning In The Morning CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Sally Whitwell - Mad Rush CD US $31.45 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Frank & Mahogany Rush Marino - Real Live CD US $20.93 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Various Artists - Rush CD US $14.20 Buy It Now 5h 24m
KISS CREATURES OF THE NIGHT LP BRAZIL ONLY 1ST PRESS 1984 RUSH SPIRIT OF RADIO US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Mahogany Rush - Mahogany Rush Iv/World Anthem CD US $26.53 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Rush of Fools by Rush of Fools USA CD #07-2 US $1.20 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Child of the Novelty/Maxoom/Strange Universe by Mahogany Rush (CD, Jul-1995,... US $14.71 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Bobby Rush - Vol. 2-Essential Recordings CD US $13.60 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Rush - 2112 CD 602537150168 US $32.84 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Frank & Mahogany Rush Marino - Real Live! CD US $31.85 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Jennifer Rush - Stronghold CD US $18.36 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Rush Brett - We Believe CD Pop Rock US $20.65 Buy It Now 5h 32m
SUPERGRASS RUSH HOUR SOUL SEALED NEW COLOURED VINYL 7"TWO TRACK SINGLE*MINT ITEM US $12.98 Buy It Now 5h 32m
RUSH All The Worlds a Stage 2xLP 6672 015 Gatefold VG/EX US $8.15 Buy It Now 5h 35m
neil young After The Gold Rush lp vinyl new sff US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Rush - Clockwork Angels 280G Vinyl 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.08 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Rush - Moving Pictures: Live 2011 Dli LP Vinyl Record US $22.23 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Rush - Super Very Rare Special 2 CDs - Brasil (Sealed) US $23.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Tribute To Rush - String Quartet Tribute To Rush [CD New] US $16.03 Buy It Now 5h 59m
RUSH MIDNIGHT - Rush Midnight US $11.56 Buy It Now 6h
RUSH - Power Windows (CD 1985) WEST GERMANY Pressing US $11.43 [0 bids]
RUSH - Chronicles (2CD FAT BOX 1990) WEST GERMANY Pressing US $14.70 [0 bids]
GEDDY LEE - Rush Guitarist and Vocalist - My Favorite Headache CD - Matt Cameron US $3.95 Buy It Now 6h 27m
RUSH MARATHON VERY RARE 1st CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE LTD 200 COPIES US $408.23 Buy It Now 6h 29m
RUSH - Rush In Rio (3CD 2003) DIGIPAK / Germany Pressing US $14.70 [0 bids]
RUSH - A Show Of Hands (CD 1989) WEST GERMANY Pressing US $11.43 [0 bids]
Duophonic by Charles & Eddie (CD, Jul-1996, Gold Rush) US $13.06 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Rush - Time Stand Still (The Collection) NEW CD US $5.73 Buy It Now 6h 36m
RUSH SHOW DON'T TELL PRO3 CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE 1 VERSION US $138.80 Buy It Now 6h 36m
RUSH SHOW DON'T TELL PRO4 CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE 2 VERSIONS US $326.58 Buy It Now 6h 40m
JENNIFER RUSH - The Power Of Love - 1985 UK 2-track 7" US $5.72 Buy It Now 6h 47m
JENNIFER RUSH - Ring Of Ice - 1985 UK CBS 2-track 7" US $5.72 Buy It Now 6h 50m
RUSH DREAMLINE PRO8 UNIQUE CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE US $204.11 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Silk Don't Rush LIKE NEW 2 Track CD Single 1996 R&B Vocal Soul US $5.76 Buy It Now 6h 51m
We Once Were * by Rush of Fools (CD, Sep-2011, Entertainment One Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RUSH ROLL THE BONES PRO9 CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE US $204.11 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Rush - 2112 - Super Deluxe - 3720485 US $112.21 Buy It Now 6h 57m
PRELUDE. "AFTER THE GOLD RUSH" 7" PICTURE DISC, ORIG UK 1982. NM - FOLK RECORD US $4.08 Buy It Now 7h 2m
RUSH WITHDRAWN HALF THE WORLD CANADIAN ONLY PROMO CD SINGLE PRCD17 US $408.23 Buy It Now 7h 3m
TOM RUSH SELF TITLED COLUMBIA 360 STEREO VG++ US $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Rush - Presto (Cassette) 24HR POST!! US $7.33 Buy It Now 7h 8m
MAHOGANY RUSH IV Vinyl LP ORIGINAL ISSUE 1976 VG+ Frank Marino US $2.50 [0 bids]
RUSH TOM - MERRIMACK COUNTY/LADIES LOVE - BGOCD514 US $19.84 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Rush 2112 1981 EXC + CON.(433) Record LP Album Like New!! R.C.A. Copy!! US $36.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
RUSH TOM - TOM RUSH/WRONG END OF THE RAIN - BGOCD361 US $17.90 Buy It Now 7h 27m
RUSH-FAREWELL TO KINGS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F45 US $28.99 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Otis Rush - West Chicago Blues (NEW CD) US $14.27 Buy It Now 7h 34m
RUSH - MOVING PICTURES - VG COND. 1981 US $43.42 [0 bids]
The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987 by Rush (CD, Sep-2008) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Paula Abdul Rush, Rush 45-rpm Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
COLDPLAY_A Rush Of Blood To The Head__used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $10.64 Buy It Now 7h 42m
COLDPLAY promotional only INTERVIEW cd press sheet A Rush of Blood Chris Martin US $15.95 [0 bids]
RUSH - THE SPIRIT OF RADIO 7" (USA COPY) 80 VG US $1.60 [0 bids]
Rush self-titled 1st USA Masterdisk 1974 Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! VG++ US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Rush All the World's A Stage 1976 1st Masterdisk Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG+ US $24.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Rush Grace Under Pressure 1984 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $32.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $29.38 Buy It Now 7h 54m
RUSH SAME SELF / WITH OBI BT-5162 US $149.99 [0 bids]
Jennifer Rush - The Power Of Love (Extended Remix) 12" US $10.21 Buy It Now 7h 55m
COLDPLAY A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD C.D.NEW US $13.26 Buy It Now 7h 58m
FOOLS RUSH IN - RICK NELSON US $1.63 [0 bids]
RUSH 7" / 45 THE BIG MONEY / RSA ( LIVE ) CANADIAN PS M/M US $40.82 Buy It Now 8h
SHRINK!!Tom Rush- Wrong End Of The Rainbow-Columbia C 30402 FOLK/ROCK Lp NM US $15.95 Buy It Now 8h 10m
RUSH-CARESS OF STEEL-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F45 US $28.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Opus III Its A Fine Day CD Single PWCD215 3 Mixes + Evolution Rush US $2.43 Buy It Now 8h 13m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 14m
RUSH CANADIAN 12" PROMO RED SECTOR A / RED LENSES SPE-023 US $122.47 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Rush Vapor Trails JAPAN CD OBI SEALED K371 US $16.99 [1 bids]
Coldplay A Rush Of Blood To The Head CD Album 2002.Factory Sealed New. US $5.70 Buy It Now 8h 28m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Gold ratings distribution

RUSH Gold reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Another Rush compilation... but so what, one isn't supposed to buy any if not necessary. As a librarian in response of music I must say this friendly prized 2-cd was a perfect choice to our library where Rush music didn't nearly exist before. (Edit several years later: of course I have increased the number of Rush albums in my library!)

From their debut (1974) up to Hold Your Fire (1987) each studio album is represented by two or three tracks (except Caress of Steel by 'Bastille Day' only). Naturally one can argue about choices; I would have minimized the amount of two first raw albums and replaced some tracks here and there, but in general it works very well.

The chronology is broken within each CD; the first disc covers their most proggy period (the long tracks are 'Xanadu' and 'La Villa Strangiato') and the second their 'synth' period starting from Moving Pictures. In fact I enjoyed the latter more. Maybe because my first ever Rush album was Signals, which still is a (minor) classic to me. Also, I like the art work showing the 12 album covers as an art exhibition. What else can be asked from a compilation?

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#110986) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 08, 2007

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!!

Well, look what we have here. Yet another Rush complitation. Of course as a complitiation, there is no reason a fan should buy this, but this is a farely good introduction to Rush for a new emerging fan. The first disc is more of their progressive years, and disc two is more of their synthed years. While all the music is good, they really made some boneheaded moves (only the opening of 2112!! After that I went and listened to the real version!!!). Other complitations of theirs are better, but this isn't horrible or anything. I wouldn't even reccomend starting with a complitation, and this isn't the one to start with anyway. Pass it by, even newbies to Rush.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#192503) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Gold' - Rush (Compilation)

Judging by the song choice here, this is a decent representation of Rush up to 'Hold Your Fire.' But the question here is, what the hell happened to all of the material after that album? While this 'Gold' album is supposed to be a greatest hits for Rush, there's still material from 'Presto,' 'Roll The Bones,' 'Test For Echo,' 'Counterparts,' and 'Vapor Trails' that was in existence when this compilation was produced that definately could have made it onto this two disc set. This was compiled in 2006! While there's an obvious excuse for not having Snakes & Arrows material, what about classics like 'Superconductor,' 'Animate,' or 'The Pass?'

If you're set on buying a double-disc compilation, buy something a little bit more complete, like 'Chronicles.'

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#205790) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 08, 2009

Review by Peter
3 stars The two discs and 29 tracks of RUSH GOLD offer a thorough retrospective of Rush's 70s & 80s catalogue, with selections from of the Canadian power prog trio's first twelve albums. Long-time, committed fans will of course already have the original albums, and thus won't find anything new here, but sometime and/or late-coming fans (such as your faithful reviewer) will herein find all the Rush they know from the radio, and really need. Furthermore, RUSH GOLD is bargain-priced to sell, and thus represents a formidable bang for your buck.

Most of the band's better-known numbers are here, and the sound is excellent. You get all the perennial FM hits like "Fly By Night," "Closer To The Heart," "The Spirit Of Radio," "Freewill," "Limelight," "New World Man" and "Tom Sawyer." Also included is the epic instrumental workout "La Villa Strangiato," plus additional essential material such as "The Trees," "The Big Money," "Red Barchetta," "Subdivisions" and "The Analog Kid." My absolute favourite, though, is "Time Stand Still," which blew me away with its sheer power, unexpected beauty, and moving lyrics when I first heard it here. Crank it up!

If you've ever enjoyed the odd Rush song when it comes on your car radio, yet have somehow resisted buying any of their albums, or are unsure where to start, this collection would represent a fine overview. RUSH GOLD is a solid compilation of some very solid music, and well worth the minimal entry price.

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#280727) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 06, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars 155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie

This is my first Rush album and it means a lot to me as it was the first of many and I systematically collected the entire Rush catalogue including live albums and DVDs. But this is where it started for me so it has sentimental value. Someone told me, a magazine actually, that Rush were an exceptional band and I was not ready to indulge in a studio album just from the hearsay of a magazine, however when I saw this 2 CD greatest hits collection I knew this would be a fantastic way to be introduced to Rush. After all it featured much revered tracks such as 'Bytor and the Snow Dog', 'Xanadu', 'La Villa Strangiato' and 'Working Man'. I knew these tracks were supposed to be classic Rush songs so the risk would be worth it surely. I had no idea what I was getting into. I was completely blown away with this compilation.

As a newbie to the band nothing prepared me for the likes of 'The Spirit of Radio', the melodic 'Freewill' or the heavy riffing 'Bastille Day'. 'By-Tor and the Snow Dog' lived up to expectation as a prog classic, as did the classic '2112 Overture' and 'The Temples of Syrinx'. I was surprised that I had heard this latter track on the metal radio show some years back; it's a genuine rocker with Lee belting out a killer chorus that is as memorable as anything I have heard. The band are a powerhouse of guitar rock on the instrumental 'La Villa Strangiato', one of the classics of prog. The band sound raw and very heavy on the last three tracks of CD1, 'Fly by Night', 'Finding My Way' and 'Working Man', of which I am a real fan with its riffing guitars and awesome vocals, featuring an amazing instrumental break.

CD2 has some of the more recent Rush tracks up to the time of release and is not as good as the early material but still great rock, full of Lifeson's clanging guitars and melodic vocals, with huge drums from Peart. 'The Big Money' and 'Red Barchetta' are always favourite 80s tracks, as well as 'Time Stand Still' and 'Distant Early Warning'. One of the best Rush tracks undoubtedly is 'Limelight' which has become an outright treasure over the years to my ears. I like the synthesizer heavy tracks from "Signals" and "Power Windows" but there is no forgetting gems such as the incredibly popular 'Tom Sawyer' that starts many live performances.

The booklet is a colourful look at the album artwork and tells me where the tracks originated from and this was a sure fire way of enticing a Rush newbie, that I was, into getting the albums one at a time. As I said I have a soft spot for this album, there was not much missing that was brilliant from the first albums of the band I must admit, but it is still essential to get the actual albums. There is a lot missing such as 'Hemispheres', 'Cygnus X1', and 'YYZ' but overall this compilation offers a great deal. The compilation is an excellent intro to Rush and with 2 CDs worth of their best material, at a very reasonable price too I might add, this is irresistible for a Rush newbie. For the initiated of course there is nothing new but still a fantastic collection for any Rush fan, well compiled, well packaged, and containing just about everything brilliant about Rush.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#286599) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review by Gatot
3 stars I perfectly agree with AtomicCrimsonRus who said "155 minutes of pure gold Rush jammed onto 2 CDs- absolutely ideal for the Rush newbie". What a good statement as it applies exactly right for this compilation. Of course this is especially for those who have never heard Rush which is I believe not that many. What I think is that many people have heard Rush but not familiar with the music and the albums. I prefer to recommend newbie to buy album by album starting with "Exit Stage Left", "Moving Pictures", "Hemisphere" and "A Farewell to Kings". Once he is familiar with that albums he can continue with others. But for newbie sometimes they want something in one package representing the musical journey of the band with various changes of the styles.

Starting the compilation with "The Spirit of Radio" (4:57) is a bold decision even though time- wise it's not taken from the first album. The interesting part is the opening lyrics which indicate energetic morning with "Begin the day with a friendly voice" as Geddy Lee sings. Disc One basically varied in terms of style as it has acoustic sesion wiyj "The Trees" and it has great "La Villa Strangiato" and ended with old song "Working Man". Disc Two represents the later stage of Rush as most of the songs were taken from albums that utilized keyboard except Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta.

Overall, this is a very good compilation of Canada's power trio Rush. Keep on proggin' ...

Peae on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1059334) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 13, 2013

4 stars As a Long Time RUSH Fan, I remember the first time someone asked me why there was not a RUSH Greatest Hits album, like there were for so many other popular Rock groups. I thought to myself, Well, they really don't have any Hits, and anyway, ALL there songs are Great, so it would practically i ... (read more)

Report this review (#192550) | Posted by Analog Kid | Wednesday, December 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars my god...i like to hear a new album of them. Did the record company made them to release another compilation CD. The songs that are issued are quite standard and predictable. So we can choose for Rush through time, Chronicles, Retrospective I and II, The Spirit of Radio....by the way...no song ... (read more)

Report this review (#94722) | Posted by | Monday, October 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Though this album won't interest poeple who already own 1990's Chronicles, because those two compilation are very similar, I'd strongly reccomend this album for those who want to discover more about this excellent band. All their hits are on the tracklist, plus many track that are regulary pla ... (read more)

Report this review (#81839) | Posted by Arhka÷s | Friday, June 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Gold"