GOLD

10. Ride Easy
11. Don't Cry
12. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
13. Never In A Million Years
14. My Own Time (I'll Do What I Want)
15. The Heat Goes On

12 Too Late
13. Suspiction
14. After The War
15. Am I In Love
16. Summer (Can't Last Too Long)
17. Prayin' 4 A Miracle
18. Days Like these

Search ASIA Gold lyrics

Search ASIA Gold tabs

2005 Geffen 0602498813027

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition

ASIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ASIA Gold Music

Gold by Universal JapanGold by Universal Japan
Universal Japan
Rock Masters: Heart Of GoldRock Masters: Heart Of Gold
Carinco AG 2011
ASIA Self Titled 24 KT GOLD CD Audio Fidelity (2010) NEW, OUT OF PRINT USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
ASIA Self Titled 24 KT GOLD CD Audio Fidelity (2010) OUT OF PRINT USD $37.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Planet Asia & Gold Chain Military - Chain Of Command (CD New) USD $15.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Planet Asia & Gold Chain Military - Chain Of Command [CD New] USD $14.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Asia Best Of CD *SEALED* Heart Of Gold Tears Fight Against The Tide etc USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ASIA GOLD THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION 2 CDs USD $2.18 [3 bids]
Gold Platinum Quiet Riot Police Michael Jackson Asia 8 TRACK FACTORY SEALED USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Asia: Gold [SHM-CD] (Japan) USD $32.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Wishbone Ash Gold Dates SEALED 2004 UK 2 CD Uriah Heep Asia King Crimson USD $23.95 Buy It Now 2 days
GOLD FACE! 35DP-25 1A2 ASIA S/T JAPAN 1st Press 1982 CD 3500Yen CBS/SONY USD $169.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ASIA - The Asia Story feat. John Wetton (2003) 2-CD Fatbox MINT GOLD DISCS USD $14.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Asia by Asia (CD Audio Fidelity) 24 KT GOLD AWESOME MINT AFZ 068 W/SLIPCOVER USD $24.48 [3 bids]
Planet Asia & Gold Chain Military - Chain Of Command CD USD $21.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Sampler Gold CD Mamas & Papas Temptations Tom Jones Jackson 5 Marvin Gaye Asia USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
?? ?? Dance Music From Asia Africa and Latin America 24K Gold Made in Japan CD USD $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GOLD & PLATINUM HITS OF THE '80s (CD 1999) 16 Songs 1980s TOTO CARS NENA ASIA+ USD $12.55 Buy It Now 5 days
ASIA-GOLD-JAPAN 2 SHM-CD F00 zd USD $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Various Artists Asia - Ulees Gold Asia CD USD $15.29 Buy It Now 6 days
JUDY COLLINS AMAZING GRACE 2004 SONY MUSIC ASIA 24K GOLD CD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Japan 2 SHM CD SET - ASIA GOLD - 1. PRESS mint USD $199.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ASIA - SELF TITLED - GOLD CD - SEALED AFZ068 (CD, May-2010, Audio Fidelity) USD $43.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Hong Kong Hacken Lee 1996 ??? MTV Karaoke Rare Polygram Asia Gold VCD FCS4212 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Chae Min - Heart Of Gold Asia CD USD $22.19 Buy It Now 9 days
Gold Member - 1St Album Asia CD USD $22.19 Buy It Now 9 days
PINK FLOYD PULSE P.U.L.S.E SONY MUSIC ASIA GOLD 2 VCD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Gold - Asia (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.91 Buy It Now 13 days
Asia - Gold (CD New) USD $14.93 Buy It Now 13 days
Asia - Gold [CD New] USD $12.80 Buy It Now 13 days
Asia - Gold CD NEW [2 Disc, Remastered] USD $26.21 Buy It Now 15 days
Asia - Gold Rmst CD Pop Rock USD $23.89 Buy It Now 15 days
ASIA ASIA Low Limited Edition # 176 24K Gold CD SEALED MINT Audio Fidelity USD $50.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Chain of Command Planet Asia & Gold Chain.. Audio CD USD $29.10 Buy It Now 17 days
Asia gold - CD Compact Disc USD $8.29 Buy It Now 18 days
Asia - Gold / Definitive Collection 2CD *SEALED* OBI USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Gold - Asia New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $25.61 Buy It Now 21 days
LW 5060 Borodin Steppes Of Central Asia Ansermet 10" Decca Black/Gold (NM/EX) USD $39.01 Buy It Now 21 days
Michael Jackson History On Film Vol. 2 1997 Sony Music Asia Gold 2xVCD FCS4539 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Michael Jackson Dangerous - The Short Films Sony Music Asia Gold 2xVCD FCS4532 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Celine Dion The Colour of My Love Concert 1995 Sony Music Asia Gold VCD FCS4500 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21 days
ASIA - Gold - South African Double CD DGCD075 *NEW* USD $24.00 Buy It Now 22 days
*SEALED GOLD AUDIO FIDELITY CD ASIA # 3483 USD $39.94 Buy It Now 22 days
*SEALED AUDIO FIDELITY GOLD CD - ASIA - # 3843 GOLD DISC USD $37.95 Buy It Now 22 days
GOLD [ASIA (ROCK)] [2 DISCS] [602498813027] NEW CD USD $8.93 Buy It Now 23 days
ASIA**GOLD (RM)**2 CD SET USD $8.95 Buy It Now 23 days
RICHARD MARX Stories To Tell Special Asia Edition CD + DVD Singapore GOLD DISC USD $59.99 Buy It Now 24 days
ASIA SELF-TITLED (1982) S/T ORIGINAL JAPAN CD 35DP25 GOLD FACE 1A2 CBS/SONY USD $99.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Asia Gold - 2 CD Set - New USD $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
ASIA Lp...ASTRA...Gold Promo Stamp issue...NM Vinyl...FREE BONUS Lp included!!!! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 25 days
ASIA "GOLD" 2 CD ROCK NEW+ USD $15.64 Buy It Now 27 days
PLANET ASIA + EVIDENCE - GOLD CHAIN MUSIC (12") 2000!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Asia CD Asia 24 KT GOLD LIMITED USD $100.00 Buy It Now 27 days
THE PLATTERS GOLD Greatest Hits 2CD NEW 24Bit Mastering Asia Release Gold Disc USD $22.99 Buy It Now 28 days
OASIS THERE & THEN ASIA VERSION GOLD 2 VCD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 29 days
0 result found for "ASIA"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy ASIA music online Buy ASIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ASIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ASIA Gold ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(29%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(57%)

ASIA Gold reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This Package of Asia Gold retailed at a very cheap price, locally, and I always recommend my friends who have not got the first three albums of Asia to purchase this CD. This is a straightforward recommendation because I like the first album of Asia and all songs are featured here in this compilation. I think as far as rock music concern - no question of the music being prog or not - the first album of Asia is really good. The opening track of this compilation, Heat Of The Moment is taken from the first album and it was a major hit in the 80s. Only Time Will Tell is also a good rock music from first album. Time Again is my best favorite track with great opening and powerful guitar riffs augmented with dynamic drumwork by Carl Palmer. Wildest Dream is probably can be considered as track which has prog elements especially on its symphonic keyboard work combined with stunning guitar by Steve Howe. Without You is also another excellent track from first album. What I do really like with Disc 1 is the last three songs. eye To Eye has great melody and stunning guitar solo. The Last To Know has a great flow. True Colors has symphonic elements in it. Disc 2 also contains good material like Open Your Eyes which has catchy keyboard work. Go is another favorite of mine because it has great guitar riffs and catchy melody. Most people would like Voice of America, I believe. Rock and Roll Dream is also a good track.

Overall, it's a recommended compilation.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars As I bought years ago the three first ASIA`s albums ("Asia" in the LP format in June 1982 and in the CD format in September 1993; "Alpha" in the cassette format in late 1992, and in the CD format in mid 1998; "Astra" in the cassette format in late 1986), I didn`t see a good reason to buy this "Gold" 2-CD set, but I finally bought it one week ago, at a very good price: 2 CDs for less of the price of one, with all the tracks from these three albums included, plus 4 songs from the "Now and Then" compilation album from 1990, and 3 tracks which originally were released as B-sides of singles taken from their first two albums.

This "Gold" compilation has all the tracks remastered, and all these tracks are all the tracks that ASIA released in the Geffen label between 1982 and 1990. Three and a half albums included in two CDs at a very good price. And I wasn`t disappointed. Yes, it is true that all the tracks are slightly faded out a few seconds before in comparison to the tracks which appeared in their original lenght in the original albums, but it doesn`t matter, because the fade-ous were done very well. The sound of all the tracks is very good, much better than in the original CD releases.

The tracks from the "Asia" album in these new remasters made me listen to sounds which I never heard before in clarity, for example, several acoustic and electric guitars, and even the sound of a drumstick "out of place" in one song! The track recorded during the same sessions, "Ride Easy", which was released as the B-side of the "Heat of the Moment" single, is a very good song, composed by Wetton and Howe, a song which until now I never have listened before in the original arrangement. I slightly prefer the acoustic arrangement of this song which they included in their "Fantasia" live album and DVD in 2007. Their first album from 1982 is their best in my opinion, so now with the inclusion of "Ride Easy" the release of this album sounds better.

The tracks from the "Alpha" album, are in my opinion the most improved in sound due to the remastering in comparison to the original CD, which really has a poor sound, even in comparison to the original cassette release! The cassette release had the bonus of one track, called "Daylight", which appeared as the B-side of the "Don`t Cry" single. "Daylight" (also included in "Gold") was better as a song in comparison to some of the songs which originally appeared in the album. The same happens with the other song previously released as the B-side of the "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes", called "Lyin`to Yourself" (composed by Wetton / Howe). In this song, Howe plays very good guitars. I don`t know why it was only released as a B-side, but the politics in ASIA´s management and record label underrated Howe`s songwriting qualities in 1983. This led the band to several conflicts between the members which finally finished with Howe being fired from the band, a mistake that marked the less success of their next album. The band never was the same without Howe (and also years later without Wetton and Palmer).

The tracks from the "Astra" album also sound better, but the production of this particular album sounds a bit dated, full of reverberations (even more than in the "Alpha" album, which suffers also a bit from this), and very eighties in style and sound . In this album, the main instruments are the keyboards, and Geoff Downes demonstrated more in this album than in the previous two from the band, that he is a very good keyboard player, very much influenced by Pop Rock and less by Prog Rock. The songs became even more Pop Rock in sound. Most of are good songs, but the band lost some of their original sound without Howe`s guitars and songwriting. New guitarist Mandy Meyer`s playing style was very different from Howe`s, playing mostly in the Hard Rock-Heavy Metal style. He is a good guitarist, but his playing has a secondary role in most of the songs from "Astra". This album is very much in the same sound as others from the mid eighties, with Peter Cetera`s "Solitude / Solitaire" and ELO`s "Balance of Power" being other two very characteristic albums from those years, with the use of electronic drums and very eighties synth sounds. In Howe`s official website he was asked why he left the band, and he said that he was fired, but that he also was asked months later to record guitars for this album, but he declined the invitation. So Mandy Meyer became the new guitarist. The band never toured to promote "Astra" because the album wasn`t as successful as their previous two.albums, and the band split.

From the tracks which were originally released as "New Tracks" in the "Then and Now" compilation (which I previously recorded on a cassette from a Radio broadcast in 1992): - "Am I in Love?" was an outake from the "Astra" album. It is a ballad similar to some balllads included in some GENESIS` s and PHIL COLLINS`s albums and in albums from other bands or soloists from the same period. Meyer`s guitar only appears briefly in this song. - "Summer (Can`t Last Too Long)": a good Pop Rock song recorded in 1987 with guitarist Scott Gorham and drummer Michael Sturgis (so, recorded without Carl Palmer), very eighties in style with electronic drums. Another good Pop Rock song, called "Kari-Anne" (a studio track previously released in the "Asia Live in Moscow" album in 1991, released by Rhino Records) was also recorded with Gorham and Sturgis in the line-up, but it wasn`t included in this "Gold " compilation maybe because it wasn`t originally released by Geffen Records. - "Praying 4 a Miracle": a song composed and produced by Wetton with David Cassidy (yes, a former member of "The Partridge Family"!). It is also a good ballad. - "Days Like These": a good Rock song which was composed by Steve Jones (is he the same member of the "Sex Pistols" band?), which was released as a single to promote the "Then and Now" album.

About the booklet notes: I think that they have a good history from the band. The only thing that I didn`t like is that they don`t include the release dates of the singles and from the "Alpha" album. But they are good anyway.

In conclusion, if you don´t have the first three studio albums from ASIA albums (and the four "new" tracks from the "Then and Now" compilation) in the CD format, or you never have listened to the songs previously released as B-sides of singles, or you didn`t like the sound of the original CD releases, this "Gold" compilation (with "Gold"really being the title of a series of two- CDs compilations from several bands), this "Gold" compilation from ASIA is the best choice to listen to them in better sound, with one song played after the other after a very brief silence between them (in comparison to the original CD releases). Very good remasterings.

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I want to start this review congratulating Guillermo for his lenghty and detalied text about this same CD. Thanks to that I was realizaed Gold was not a simple collection fo songs, but the three first Asia Lps put together plus some 7 extra tracks (3 were released as singles b sides and four came from the Now & Then compliations and otherwise unavaialbe). The price is quite cheap for a double CD that has 36 songs and almost 160 minutes of music.

The most important aspect of this compilation is the fact that all 3 works were totally remastered. I remember when I bought the first Asia CD some years ago and was very frustrated by its sound: as with so many realeases in the early 90´s the recording companies didn´t bother to give those old horses a decent remastering. Now I don´t have to wait a new (and probably costly) version of those CDs, since I have them all on one. On the case of the Asia´s debut album I´m glad it included one extra song that was recorded around the time but was left out: Ride Easy (it was used as the b side of the Heat Of The Moment single). It was a nice touch.

Although I was never much fond of both Alpha and Astra at the time they were released, I´m pleased to hear them again. Ok, they were popier and more AOR oriented than the first one (on which the balance of pop and prog was so fantastic), but now I see they were very well done and have great melodies. Some tracks are obviously better than others, but none is really bad. If you´re not too radical you´ll probably like them too. I´m glad to say I got a lot more than I expected when I bought Gold. If you´re a fan of Asia, this is a must have. A very nice package indeed!

4 stars Wow, cant believe this hasnt been reviewed yet. This relase is not exactly a greatest hits or best of album from Asia, its basically the first three studio albums combined onto two cd's along with some unreleased stuff/demos. For the price, you cant go wrong with this. I mean, its Asia. While so ... (read more)

Report this review (#139297) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Thursday, September 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ASIA "Gold"