YOU ARE THERE

Post Rock/Math rock

Mono You Are There album cover

Buy MONO Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. The Flames Beyond The Cold Mountain (13:29)
2. A Heart Has Asked For The Pleasure (3:43)
3. Yearning (15:38)
4. Are You There? (10:25)
5. The Remains Of The Day (3:41)
6. Moonlight (13:04)

- Diana Parameter / cello
- Inger Peterson Carle / violin
- Thomas Yang / violin
- Susan V°elz / violin

CD Temporary Residence B000EMSY2U (2006)

Thanks to Jimbo for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MONO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MONO You Are There Music

Hymn to the Immortal WindHymn to the Immortal Wind
Temporary Residence 2009
For My ParentsFor My Parents
Temporary Residence 2012
Formica BluesFormica Blues
Fontana Island 1998
Holy Ground: NYC Live With the Wordless Music Orchestra (CD + DVD)Holy Ground: NYC Live With the Wordless Music Orchestra (CD + DVD)
Temporary Residence 2010
You Are ThereYou Are There
Temporary Residence 2006
Elvis Presley Something For Everybody 12" LP 1961 MONO Brazil US $15.90 [0 bids]
29m 54s
PATTI SMITH 7" Promo 45 FREDERICK Mono b/w Stereo 1979 Near Mint Arista US $6.99 [0 bids]
29m 55s
TOSCANINI EDITION 9 Serkin ANIA DORFMANN Beethoven Piano Concerto RCA Mono LP NM US $12.00 Buy It Now 30m 3s
MARIANNE FAITHFULL/GO AWAY FROM MY WORLD LONDON 3452 MONO US $8.99 [0 bids]
30m 3s
MONO POP LP - LYN ROMAN - COLUMBIA 2219 - "THE MANY FACES OF LYN ROMAN" US $20.00 Buy It Now 30m 18s
EDMOND HALL - Petite Fleur Vic Dickenson Ellis Larkins UAL4028 mono LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 30m 26s
James Darren - Love Among The Young lp album Mono US $4.99 Buy It Now 30m 28s
DAVID SNELL the subtle sound of LK 4745 1A/1A 1st mono pressing 1966 LP PS EX/EX US $35.53 Buy It Now 30m 34s
Patsy Cline That's How A Heartache Begins Orig Mono M US $100.00 Buy It Now 30m 39s
MOON DREAMS Norman Petty Trio Mono Buddy Holly NM CL-1092 columbia 6-eye US $69.99 Buy It Now 30m 52s
PREACHER ROLLO Five Saints Ostrich Walk DG Mono NM lp US $28.95 Buy It Now 30m 53s
Chere' Fuller "Hey Mama" b/w mono" Brykas 1201 45 w/PS RARE Country Rock EX/EX US $12.50 Buy It Now 30m 55s
James Brown - Handful Of Soul LP Mono NM/VG++ s US $39.99 Buy It Now 31m 2s
Gerry Mulligan "California Concerts" - 1955 Pacific Jazz DG Mono Lp PJ 1201 US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 8s
The BACHELORS Bachelors' Girls vinyl LP MONO LL 3491 US $6.95 Buy It Now 31m 31s
TED CURSTON - THE NEW THING & THE BLUE THING LP ATLANTIC MONO 1441 US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 8s
Piano Concerto A Minor Guimar Novaes LP Vox PL8520 VG+ MONO US $9.99 Buy It Now 32m 36s
Bill Marx (Son of Harpo) "My Son the Folk Swinger" 1963 mono JAZZ SEALED US $19.00 Buy It Now 33m 43s
Murad, Jerry & Fabulous Harmonicats - Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White (Mono) US $3.75 Buy It Now 34m 13s
PEGGY LEE "BASIN STREET EAST" T 1520 MONO 12" LP * i combine shipping * US $7.18 Buy It Now 34m 56s
THE SIDEKICKS Featuring "Fifi The Flea" LP VG+ Original 1966 RCA MONO US $22.49 Buy It Now 35m 9s
Buddy Collete Block Buster Vinyl LP RGB 2001 mono dg US $59.99 Buy It Now 35m 10s
THE UNFORGETTABLE NAT KING COLE SINGS THE GREAT SONGS T-2558 MONO 12" LP "KING" US $7.98 Buy It Now 35m 13s
45 RECORD RONNIE MILSAP: PLEASE DON'T TELL ME HOW THE STORY ENDS, MONO US $2.24 Buy It Now 35m 42s
The Beatles - Help! LP Mono Gatefold Capitol MAS-2386 US $9.99 [0 bids]
35m 59s
Commander Cody - Don't Let Go (Stereo) / same (Mono) 45 rpm 1975 Promo US $2.00 Buy It Now 36m 25s
FRANK SINATRA DORSEY STORDAHL we 3 LP VG+ LPM-1632 Mono RCA 1s/1s Vinyl US $45.00 Buy It Now 36m 44s
BUDDY JOHNSON - WAILS LP MERCURY MONO 1957 DEEP GROOVE JUMP BLUES US $9.99 [0 bids]
37m 8s
AHMAD JAMAL ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT LP MONO ARGO 751 DEEP GROOVE NM- US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL AT THE PERSHING BUT NOT FOR ME LP EX MONO US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL POINCIANA LP MONO NM- ARGO GREY/ BLACK LABEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL HEAT WAVE LP MONO NM- CADET LP777 US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL TRIO LP EPIC LN 3212 MONO VG- US $4.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL QUINTET LISTEN TO ARGO LP 673 MONO VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL ALL OF YOU LP MONO DEEP GROOVE EX ARGO 691 US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
AHMAD JAMAL AT THE BLACKHAWK LPARGO LP 703 MONO EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 20s
COLETTE-RARE FRENCH 4 TRACK MONO-10'' US $29.95 Buy It Now 38m 19s
SOLID GOLD SOUL - MONO ATLANTIC 8116 - ORIGINAL 1966 US $18.00 Buy It Now 39m 30s
Dimitri Tiomkin: Giant OST LP vg++ '56 James Dean Capitol W-773 mono original US $7.99 Buy It Now 40m 4s
JOHNNY CRAWFORD (rifleman) /rumors/1963 mono lp US $12.99 Buy It Now 40m 33s
VINYL 45 Glitter Band - Makes You Blind Arista promo mono & stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 41m 11s
Kaleidoscope 45 We're Not Getting Any Younger / Same MONO (Soul) Promo DJ NM US $25.00 Buy It Now 41m 14s
LOUIS ARMSTRONG LP VINYL 1924-1927 EL JOVEN LOUIS SATCHMO MONO MCAB 5044 US $19.97 Buy It Now 41m 41s
THE WORLD OF THE ZOMBIES DECCA MONO PA 85 plays VG+ SHE'S NOT THERE SUMMERTIME ! US $8.55 [2 bids]
41m 55s
Ultra Rare Jimi Hendrix "Are you experienced" MONO!!! US $150.00 Buy It Now 42m 18s
LOUIS ARMSTRONG Satchmo at Symphony Hall Vol 2 Vinyl LP Coral CP49 Mono US $22.26 Buy It Now 42m 52s
Johnny Cash Bitter Tears MONO CD in Mini LP Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 43m 57s
Johnny Cash Ring Of Fire Best Of MONO CD in Mini LP Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 43m 57s
Johnny Cash Orange Blossom Special MONO CD in Mini LP Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 43m 57s
Johnny Cash Blood Sweat & Tears MONO CD in Mini LP Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 43m 57s
MARV JOHNSON Motown Lp I'LL PICK A ROSE FOR MY ROSE ~ VG to VG+ MONO UK PRESSING US $30.79 Buy It Now 44m 46s
JOHNNY MATHIS Lp THE SWEETHEART TREE ~ MERCURY mono VG++ US $5.20 Buy It Now 44m 47s
BIG BILL BROONZY - BIG BILL'S BLUES LP MONO COLUMBIA WL 111 VF US $85.00 Buy It Now 44m 54s
MONO The Strawberry Alarm Clock Incense And Peppermints LP Uni 3014 Psych Acid US $90.00 Buy It Now 45m 16s
The BACHELORS No Arms Can Ever Hold You LP Mono US $7.95 Buy It Now 45m 17s
Marty Robbins~Self~Titled~Lp~Orig~Columbia~Mono~DG US $39.95 Buy It Now 45m 42s
Led Zeppelin PROMO Atlantic 2865 Rock and Roll MONO/STEREO in Company Sleeve US $67.50 Buy It Now 45m 42s
Dave Brubeck Qt. w/ Paul Desmond "At Storyville:1954" Early Columbia Mono Lp US $11.99 Buy It Now 46m 20s
TONY BENNETT left my heart in san francisco LP VG+ Promo CL 1869 6 Eye Mono CBS US $25.00 Buy It Now 46m 26s
Ramsey Lewis Wade in the Water vinyl LP cover in shrinkwrap Cadet LP774 MONO US $9.99 Buy It Now 47m
Johnny Hodges The Big Sound Verve Clef Series Mono US $15.00 Buy It Now 47m 16s
SHORTY ROGERS Chances Are It Swings RCA Mono NM-!! US $25.00 Buy It Now 48m 19s
LARRY SONN / AL COHN / HAL McKUSICK The Sound Of Sonn CORAL Mono US $25.00 Buy It Now 48m 19s
PHIL SUNKEL Phil Sunkel's Jazz Band ABC-PARAMOUNT Mono VG++/NM- US $20.00 Buy It Now 48m 19s
Spencer Davis Group "I'M A MAN" 1967, Mono Pressing! VG++ Nice Original.! US $29.95 Buy It Now 49m 43s
Starring Jo Stafford 1953 Mono LP Still In Shrink Rap MINT EX! US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m 2s
JOE TURNER: Jumpin' The Blues LP (Mono, sl cw, few foxing spots obc) Blues US $25.00 Buy It Now 50m 50s
? Marketts - "The BATMAN Theme" (W.B. 1642) (Mono) (with "The Cat Women") US $19.99 Buy It Now 51m
Mel Torme Comin Home Baby LP AT 8069 Mono US $14.99 Buy It Now 51m 18s
BARTOK Bluebeard's Castle Istvan Kertesz Vinyl LP DECCA MET311 Mono US $18.84 Buy It Now 51m 29s
SIDNEY BECHET - THE SIDNEY BECHET STORY - MONO US $55.00 Buy It Now 51m 36s
LI SON JACKSON - ROCKIN AN ROLLIN -IMPERIAL BLUES- VERY RARE 1951 -MONO - FRANCE US $125.00 Buy It Now 51m 56s
Brenda Lee Miss Dynamite Brunswick 8347 Mono LP UK England Press VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 38s
DON RENDELL QUINTET "Roarin"" UK 1962 Mono Ex US $89.12 [3 bids]
53m 26s
Bobby Hebb Sunny Philips 7740 Mono LP UK England Press Near Mint Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
53m 36s
REX ALLEN: Sings And Tells Tales LP (Mono) rare Country US $50.00 Buy It Now 53m 46s
SHARON JONES & DAP-KINGS Give People What They Want LP NEW SEALED MONO VINYL US $24.99 Buy It Now 53m 51s
Anita Carter ANITA of the Carter Family vinyl LP 1964 MONO EX w/SHRINK US $38.00 Buy It Now 53m 54s
AGUSTIN LARA the music of LP FAIR LPM-1057 Vinyl 1955 Record USA Mono Very Rare US $67.99 Buy It Now 54m 39s
Sarah Vaughan in Hi-Fi COLUMBIA 6-EYE CL-745 MONO DG ORIGINAL US $9.99 [0 bids]
54m 42s
Sonny & Cher Lp The Best Of Mono Atco Original US $3.99 [0 bids]
55m 25s
24 Hours/ Bad Day Blues- The Headstones Garage Rock Mono Sundazed US $6.00 [0 bids]
55m 59s
Fredde Lowe We Ain't as Tight as We Used to Be Polydor Mono Stereo Promo 45 SOUL US $17.16 Buy It Now 57m 27s
SIBELIUS Symphony No3 / 6 Maazel Vienna Vinyl LP DECCA LXT6364 Mono US $25.69 Buy It Now 57m 29s
HITS FROM IVY LEAGUE ROCKIN' BERRIES SORROWS LP MARBLE ARCH (1966) EX++ MONO US $10.27 Buy It Now 57m 31s
SIBELIUS Symphony No4 Tapiola Maazel Vienna Vinyl LP DECCA LXT6365 Mono US $25.69 Buy It Now 57m 52s
Julie London Is Her Name 1955 LP Vinyl Original Liberty Press Mono LRP 3006 US $47.99 Buy It Now 58m 3s
THE BEATLES CD MINI LP YESTERDAY TODAY ORIGINAL STEREO/MONO US $27.99 [0 bids]
58m 37s
REDONDOS: Full Circle With The Redondos LP (Mono, reissue) Rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 58m 54s
Bobby Vinton / The Big Ones / 1962 / Epic LN-24035 / Mono / Yellow Label / Vinyl US $1.50 Buy It Now 59m 1s
REMEMBER HOW GREAT? VOL. 2 VARIOUS ARTISTS LP 196? MONO US $7.99 Buy It Now 59m 24s
BILL COSBY Is A Very Funny Fellow Right LP - 1960s Warner Bros. Orig. MONO US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h
Victoria De Los Angeles Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau Duets Vinyl LP HMV CLP1891 Mono US $17.12 Buy It Now 1h
ULLANDA: Watching You Watching Me / Mono (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h
Johnny Otis Everything You Said Came True/Same Mono&Stereo] 45 RPM Epic EX promo US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h
DION - RUNAROUND SUE LP MONO LAURIE LLP 2009 VF US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h
Dizzy Gillespie Dizzy Goes Hollywood LP Phillips PHM 200 123 MONO Original US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE OUTSIDERS ALBUM #2 CAPITOL T-2568 MONO ORIG CANADA PRESSING PSYCH EX+/EX+ US $39.99 [0 bids]
1h
THE BEATLES HELP! ALBUM MONO ORIGINAL KT TAX CODE FROM 1965 PLAYS GREAT ! US $46.26 Buy It Now 1h
ELLINGTON At Newport LP on Columbia 6-Eye DG mono original NM- US $7.50 [3 bids]

More places to buy MONO music online Buy MONO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MONO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MONO You Are There ratings distribution

MONO You Are There reviews

Review by GoldenSpiral
4 stars Meet Mono.

They're a japanese instrumental post-rock band, and theyre one of the best ones around. Often compared to labelmates Explosions in the Sky, I find them a great deal darker and more haunting. They have an eerie sense of harmony, dynamics and suspense. I have had the unique pleasure of seeing this band live, which can only be described as "out there".

On to the album: The first track, "The Flames Beyond the Cold Mountain", starts with near silence as very faint and haunting chords slowly fade in. Gradually more layers are added, the drums start to wail, and eventually the song is a dense cacauphony of crashing drums and screaming, fast-picked and heavily delayed guitar layers. This song is a great example of what Mono does best. They can take a simple theme and expand on it, continually adding layers upon layers until the intensity builds to a breaking point. Just when you think you will go deaf from the noise, they back off in favor of softer guitar harmonies.

The album consists of three 13+ minute epics, each separated by a 3 to 4 minute interlude. This is a very effective structure for their music. The interludes are usually softer, more ambient, and feature different instruments such as keyboards or xylophones. The second epic, "Yearning" is overall a bit lighter than the first, but still every bit as emotional. The music builds and backs off frequently, eventually bursting into a very loud chaos directly out of near silence. The third epic, "Moonlight", is more orchestral in nature than the rest of their music (which is normally based only on guitar, bass and drums).

This is an album to listen to with the lights out. You have to feel this album. As I learned during their live show, Mono are an experience, not a band. This is a great album from a great band, their best work to date, and an excellent addition to anyone's collection, but not quite a masterpiece... yet.

Send comments to GoldenSpiral (BETA) | Report this review (#84175) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Review by Philo
3 stars After waiting for what seemed an eternity, Mono's You Are There album didn't live up to the expectations I had created for myself. I should have known better, I am a grown man after all and big enough, six foot five, not to let expectation get the better of me. Of course in the meantime I had obtained a copy of the brilliantly atmospheric, darkly menacing, contemplatively aggressive, One More Step And You Die. In the context of things, that album would look to be the point where Mono peaked, and it came very early in their career. You Are There is just lacking in any true depth. The band are playing better and tighter, the structures are probably somewhat more cohesive, but it's the creative element that has diminished from Mono circa 2006. The album, a double, is working on the same basic formula for each lengthy track, some of it hardly sounds any different than anything on the previous album, the one with the stupid long title which goes Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined. Like that one, Steve Albini records and mixes. Like that one, the recording is often left wanting, tired and lacking dynamics. Like that one, this is like that one. Confused? Yes, their are some very emotive parts coming through, as per usual, but the recording is sparse and fails to grab the last burst of life or just the simple [%*!#]ing energy out of the tracks way too often, especially on the more laid back string augmented tunes. The big and breezy and yearning "Yearning", as part of that split album (with Pelican), really did flatter to deceive. I waited a long time to hear this album and part of the problem in hindsight was the waiting. Yes, it's a good album, but is it good enough? Good enough for what you may ask and/or say. I had expected more from Mono at this stage, but growth does not seem to be their strongest feature. You Are There is regressive progressive rock, and music of our times. We probably deserve it. I hope for their sake they don't continue to use Albini for their next outing because something tells me that if they do the results will not be a million miles away from this one, or the previous album which was also a double album release. If that becomes the case I'll be keeping my money firmly in my pocket.

Send comments to Philo (BETA) | Report this review (#98704) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Review by Prog-jester
5 stars Yes, we are there and will stay here as long as you need us, oh mighty japanese Post- Rock creature !!!

The first time I heard the band, I thought of some kind of unknown GYBE/EitS jams now released on CD. Fortunately not - they're real band, from Japan, and they play the best kind of Post-Rock now since GYBE had gone on vacation. They're DARK, MELLOW and sometimes ETHEREAL, but they're also ROUGH, WALL-OF-SOUNDful and MELODIC. I use to hum "Human Highway from their debut" frequently y'know...

"You Are There" is a mirror-like album where each side reflects another - a long track, a short track and a closing long track. Long ones usually start with tremolo guitars and then build up to hardly bearable crescendoes which makes you feel as if you're somewhere in the mountains where you lack air and you have to breath deeper but you're still can't get enough...Shorties are usually piano-bells-violins pieces, extremely melodic and cinematic.

I've no problems with giving 5 stars to an album which truly DESERVES it. "You Are There" is a northern song sung by dark angels, and you MUST hear it. Highly recommended.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#121332) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 08, 2007

4 stars I was surprised at how mellow this music was, especially "A Heart Has Asked For The Pleasure" , "Are You There ?" , and "The Remains Of The Day". The other three longer tracks start out quiet but build slowly to an all out sonic assault.There are 3 guest musicians playing violin as well as 2 guest musicians playing cello, while the band is made up of 2 guitarists, a bass player and a drummer.

"The Flames Beyond The Cold Mountain" slowly builds with gentle guitar melodies until 6 minutes in when we have a full sound. At 8 1/2 minutes we have a powerful wall of crushing sound. The song calms back down to the same gentle guitar melodies from earlier before we are blasted again 12 minutes in. "A Heart Has Asked For The Pleasure" is a pastoral song that features intricate and delicate guitar throughout. "Yearning" opens quietly with gently picked guitar that makes me think of the title. 4 minutes in it starts to build as the drums come in. It gets emotional for me 6 1/2 minutes in for some reason before they are on fire a minute later.They burn for over 4 minutes ! Then it calms back down.

"Are You There ?" is a beautiful song with violin and cello as it slowly builds. Again there is so much emotion here after 6 minutes. It settles back down as the strings are joined by the guitars. "The Remains Of The Day" is another beauty with piano melodies and what sounds like rain falling. "Moonlight" starts off on the wrong foot for me as I just can't get into the first 3 minutes.Then the strings come in followed eventually by the guitar as it builds slowly 7 minutes in. The rest of the song becomes very intense. Nice.

I really like this band a lot and in particular this cd. Highly recommended !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#133462) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 17, 2007

Review by burritounit
4 stars Mono is possibly one of the best post rock acts there is and "You are There" is the proof to support that statement. You are There is an extremely emotional album that has a melancholic feel to the music as Mono is not your typical post rock band yet it's being compared to other post rock bands such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor and other bands of the same genre because of their dark intriguing melodies. Their music tends to be a bit of simple but creates an extremely dark atmospheric melody filled with emotions flying all over head as you listen to it.

The first song The Flames beyond the Cold Mountain is an incredible introductory track of the album with a dark, hunting yet melodic sound with a huge explosive crescendo. The only flaw in this song was the ending because it's so boring and lacking. I usually tend to skip this part most of the time. A Heart has asked for the Pleasure isn't that much of a complete song (it actually is). I would just simply consider it much more like a transition for the next song because it has nothing that outstanding. Yearning on the other hand sounds a bit creepy and hollow at least in my opinion. After the first part Mono makes a short silenced part that lasts a couple of seconds all just to explode immediately of to next part in which I must admit that it really scared me a lot as it made me jump out of myself (it still scares me though). The ending is quite usual as the music starts to fade out slowly. Are you There? Is one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard out of all the music I've heard. It has the same rhythm for almost the entire song with barely no crescendo as you would normally find in other post rock bands. The Remains of the Day is yet another transitional track (at least in my opinion) which has the same melody on the whole song driven by a piano instead of a guitar. Nothing outstanding to listen. Moonlight is the most stand out song of this album, following the same formula of melancholic melodies with incredible dark rhythms and atmosphere with a sad ending of "hope".

In overall the album is a great album with just a few flaws that can be easily ignored. You are There is an intensive experience of emotional music. Recommended for fans of GY!BE and Explosions In the Sky and of post rock itself.

A true post rock masterpiece yet I find that something is missing. Close to five stars.

Send comments to burritounit (BETA) | Report this review (#162509) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008

Review by Warthur
3 stars I actually like Mono's You Are There a little less than their preceding albums; it's still a well- produced and well-performed post-rock calvacade, but I think the soundscapes in question are a little less well-judged. For the sort of slow post-rock sound Mono go for, judging exactly how long to let the quiet parts rumble on for before breaking out in a loud instrumental crescendo is crucial, and I think this time around their judgement calls are a little off. Still, anyone who enjoyed the previous three albums will probably find You Are There to be a reasonable addition to their collection; I just don't think it should overshadow their previous work.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#685999) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 25, 2012

4 stars My favorite of the MONO albums, I very much admire their overall approach to the Math Rock/Post Rock sub-genre: full of power and emotion, thick atmospheres with stellar instrumentalism. The guitar is especially powerful for its out-of-the-ordinary "soloing" feel as the pick or fingers rapidly, rhyt ... (read more)

Report this review (#377640) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Monday, January 10, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars 4.5 stars really. It's good to see Mono's new 2009 album 'Hymn to the Immortal Wind' getting lots of recognition. (Currently number 4 in the PA top 100 of 2009). This 2006 release is also excellent. Mono are one of best Post Rock bands out there. The cellos and violins in the background d ... (read more)

Report this review (#241995) | Posted by digdug | Tuesday, September 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Mono- means one. but this band uses far from one beat and far from one mood mixing emotions up within the listener and using multi-tonal instrumental pieces to suck you in and make you not want to touch the cd player till its completion. ... (read more)

Report this review (#161907) | Posted by shentile | Saturday, February 16, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Mono sounds a bit like the result of copulation between Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor with a hint of Pelican thrown in for good measure. Mono is probably the slowest-feeling post rock band I've ever listened to, but that doesn't necessitate a delicate sound by any means ... (read more)

Report this review (#114298) | Posted by CaptainWafflos | Monday, March 05, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MONO "You Are There"