THE ANATOMY OF...

Between The Buried And Me The Anatomy Of... album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Blackened (Metallica) (6:40)
2. Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue) (4:55)
3. Day I Tried to Live (Soundgarden) (5:28)
4. Bicycle Race (Queen) (3:09)
5. Three of a Perfect Pair (King Crimson) (4:11)
6. Us and Them (Pink Floyd) (7:52)
7. Geek U.S.A. (Smashing Pumpkins) (5:25)
8. Forced March (Earth Crisis) (3:52)
9. Territory (Sepultura) (4:50)
10. Change (Blind Melon) (4:07)
11. Malpractice (Faith No More) (4:02)
12. Little 15 (Depeche Mode) (4:31)
13. Cemetary Gates (Pantera) (7:05)
14. Colorblind (Counting Crows) (3:47)

Search BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME The Anatomy Of... lyrics

Search BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME The Anatomy Of... tabs

- Tommy Rogers / vocals, keyboards
- Dusty Waring / guitar
- Paul Waggoner / guitar
- Dan Briggs / bass
- Blake Richardson / drums

CD Victory #297 (2006)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME The Anatomy Of... Music

More places to buy BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME music online Buy BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME The Anatomy Of... ratings distribution

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME The Anatomy Of... reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars I acquainted myself with this band's music through a friend of mine who made me listen to some of the tracks from their 2005 record called Alaska. My friend considered them to be a promising young act that still haven't really found their musical direction. I certainly agreed with him on that issue because at that particular point it felt as though Between The Buried And Me had great instrumental skills and lacked a sense of direction in the songwriting department. This basically meant that my proper album introduction would have to wait until something more substantial would come out of all this talent.

At the time that The Anatomy Of... appeared on the store shelves I didn't even make the connection to the band I previous heard but the cover art definitely caught my eye. I looked at the back cover of the album and noticed quite a variety of song titles that I knew and loved so much. That was also when I finally remembered who Between The Buried And Me were and felt that all this was just too much of a coincidence to ignore.

The album's first two tracks aren't that spectacular because the low guttural vocals make Blackened sound a bit like a parody of James Hetfield's vocals and although the cover of Kickstart My Heart is passable I just don't like this song to begin with. Day I Tried To Live on the other hand is definitely a fresh take on this somewhat stale Soundgarden composition which incidentally also kicks off my favorite part of this album!

The cover of Queen's Bicycle Race really shows how versatile Between The Buried And Me could actually be and things got even better with Three Of A Perfect Pair! It was a very proper pick of a King Crimson track which suited their style and I applaud the band for not going for a more obvious choice of a cover title!

It's usually impossible to make a cover sound as good as the original especially when it comes to Pink Floyd, but that is exactly what Between The Buried And Me manages to pull off with this version of Us And Them! It really shows the level of detail and determination that the band has put into these performances and although some of the later covers don't measure up to the bar set by these four particular tracks I definitely think that they gave a solid performance on this record.

The Anatomy Of... proved to be a great introduction to what this promising young quintet was capable of! All they needed to do now was to transform their inspirations into some great original material and judging by their next release the band didn't disappoint!

***** star songs: Us And Them (7:52)

**** star songs: Day I Tried To Live (5:28) Bicycle Race (3:09) Three Of A Perfect Pair (4:11) Territory (4:50) Little 15 (4:31) Cemetary Gates (7:05) Colorblind (3:47)

*** star songs: Blackened (6:40) Kickstart My Heart (4:55) Geek U.S.A. (5:25) Forced March (3:52) Change (4:07) Malpractice (4:02)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#265099) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Review by colorofmoney91
2 stars "The Anatomy of..." serves as a great crossover opportunity for fans of Between the Buried and Me to learn about King Crimson, Pink Floyd, and a few other non progressive bands, and a few bands that are relatively unimportant.

I'm not a huge fan of cover songs, so purchasing this cover album was odd feeling. But it was better than expected. Between the Buried and Me's wonderful musicianship bring otherwise boring songs up a few notches and leave them on a tolerable level. Their cover of "Three of a Perfect Pair" by King Crimson is fantastic, though not far different from the original other than Tommy's voice. The Queen, Soundgarden, and Faith No More covers also stand out and the latter two definitely have been fused with the BTBAM sound (heavy, screamy, etc.).

This album is an interesting listen, but not necessary by any means. "The Anatomy Of..." serves mostly as a fun novelty item from the band and for them to share with their fans the music that motivated them to create the band and make the best music that they could. If you're interested, check it out.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#431163) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 11, 2011

3 stars I will start this by saying that I am not a huge fan of cover albums. I don't count them alongside their main discography. They get their own section. Don't get me wrong. I love a good cover song as much as anyone else. I just prefer them live and not in the studio. Sure, it helps support b ... (read more)

Report this review (#252416) | Posted by CJCrackaMcNasty | Monday, November 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME "The Anatomy Of..."