SPEAKING OF NOW

3. Another Life (7:13)
4. Gathering Sky (9:26)
5. You (8:57)
6. On Her Way (5:41)
7. Place in the World (9:54)
8. Afternoon (4:45)
9. Wherever You Go (8:03)

Search PAT METHENY Speaking of Now lyrics

Search PAT METHENY Speaking of Now tabs

- Lyle Mays / Piano, Keyboards
- Steve Rodby / Cello, Bass (Acoustic)
- Antonio Sanchéz / Drums
- Cuong Vu / Trumpet, Vocals
- David Samuels / Percussion, Marimba
- Richard Bona / Guitar (Acoustic), Vocals, Fretless Bass, Percussion
- Pat Metheny / Guitar (Acoustic), Synth Guitar, Guitar (Synthesizer), Guitar (Electric)

Warner Bros / Wea

Thanks to avestin for the addition

PAT METHENY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAT METHENY Speaking of Now Music

Pat Metheny: Speaking of Now LivePat Metheny: Speaking of Now Live
Multiple Formats · Import
Video Arts Japan 2008
DVD$90.88
Speaking of NowSpeaking of Now
Wea Japan 2002
Speaking of Now - Pat Metheny Lyle Mays (Jazz Guitar CD 2002) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
PAT METHENY:SPEAKING OF NOW USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
CD/Japan- PAT METHENY GROUP Speaking Of Now +1 bonus trk w/OBI RARE WPCR-11203 USD $14.49 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Pat Metheny - Speaking of Now (Live Recording, 2002) USD $2.28 [1 bids]
Speaking of Now by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, 2002 Warner Argentina) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
PAT METHENY GROUP - Speaking of Now CD; 2002 WB; Lyle Mays, Antonio Sanchez USD $0.15 [2 bids]
Speaking of Now by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, 2002, Warner Argentina) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Pat Metheny Group 2002 Speaking Of Now Tour Taiwan Ltd Promo 5 Trks CD RARE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Pat Metheny Group-SPEAKING OF NOW LIVE DVD NEW USD $9.86 Buy It Now 6 days
PAT METHENY GROUP-SPEAKING OF NOW CD NEW USD $16.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Pat Metheny Group : Speaking Of Now CD (2002) USD $8.63 Buy It Now 9 days
PAT METHENY - SPEAKING OF NOW - 9362480252 USD $9.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Pat Metheny Group, Speaking of Now Audio CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Pat Metheny Group - Speaking Of Now Live - NEW DVD USD $19.58 Buy It Now 13 days
Pat Metheny Group Speaking of Now USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Speaking Of Now by Pat Metheny/pat Metheny Group CD (CD) USD $13.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Speaking of Now: Pat Metheny Group USD $0.99 Buy It Now 15 days
PAT METHENY GROUP - SPEAKING OF NOW LIVE - 5034504936775PMI USD $10.06 Buy It Now 16 days
Speaking of Now by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, Feb-2002, Warner Bros.) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Pat Metheny - Speaking Of Now (NEW CD) USD $10.60 Buy It Now 18 days
Speaking of Now by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group (CD, Feb-2002, Warner Bros.) USD $11.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Speaking Of Now - Pat Group Metheny (2002, CD New) USD $16.98 Buy It Now 19 days
PAT METHENY - SPEAKING OF NOW NEW CD USD $25.36 Buy It Now 19 days
Metheny,Pat Group - Speaking Of Now [CD New] USD $13.67 Buy It Now 20 days
Pat Metheny Group CD Speaking of Now 9 Tracks USD $4.75 Buy It Now 23 days
Metheny Pat - Speaking Of Now CD USD $22.69 Buy It Now 25 days
Pat Metheny - Speaking of Now (Live Recording, 2002)0093624802525 FREEPOST CD USD $8.65 Buy It Now 25 days
PAT METHENY GROUP-SPEAKING OF NOW CD NEW USD $10.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Speaking Of Now - Pat Metheny New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $26.34 Buy It Now 28 days
Pat Metheny Group: Speaking Of Now 5034504936775, DVD REGION 2, BRAND NEW USD $23.84 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PAT METHENY music online Buy PAT METHENY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAT METHENY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAT METHENY Speaking of Now ratings distribution

PAT METHENY Speaking of Now reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Speaking Of Now' - Pat Metheny Group (5/10)

Here is an album I had high expectations for. After a brilliant earnest introduction to the music of jazz fusion guitarist Pat Metheny with the album 'The Way Up', I was all too eager to look into some of the other music the man had made in more recent years. Seeing a copy of 'Speaking Of Now' checked in at the local public library, I was excited to take this home and give it an intent listen. Unfortunately, the progressive and engaging sound that I was first enchanted with is not here in nearly the sort of degree I would want, instead lending a hand to a banal, albeit very well performed style of smooth jazz. While 'Speaking Of Now' is certainly not a bad album, the somewhat harmless nature of the music leaves something to be desired.

The jazz played here can easily be described as background music; the sort of music that plenty of advertisements or corporations use when they meed a sort of music that won't offend anyone. Here you will hear a very clean sound on the guitar, met with plenty of major chords and soothing, almost ambient vocals. A great piece of music to relax to after a long day yes, but in terms of a full-fledged musical experience? 'Speaking Of Now' hints at brilliance, but it seems to come up short of anything worth being described as a masterpiece.

That being said, the album is saved in no small part due to the consistent and dynamic musicianship of all members involved. Of course, Metheny takes the spotlight here quite a bit more than the others, but overall, the listener is graced with a well-rounded, developed sound that is sure to put a stressed mind at ease. In terms of the compositions, things are kept generally upbeat, with a few tracks (such as the ambient ballad 'You') taking a slower- paced approach. All of the music on 'Speaking Of Now' is defined by its mellowness, which ultimately makes it an album one can only put on, should the mood fit.

While the compositions rarely have any significant or memorable parts to them, it is surprising how complex some of the arrangements can get in the music, considering how inherently mellow and laid-back the music is here. The spotlight here is always on the musicianship though, and regardless of a few more intricate moments to the songwriting, it is hard to praise the composition when it is neither dynamic, energetic, experimental or memorable. It is then the job of the musicians (Metheny included) to devote their efforts in transforming the lifeless arrangements into something that breathes with life. To a mixed extent, they succeeded.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#409641) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 28, 2011

Review by EatThatPhonebook
3 stars 6/10

"Speaking Of Now" is a forgettable and at the same time unforgettable album for Pat Metheny.

"Speaking Of Now is one of jazz guitarist Pat Metheny's most recent albums, precisely 2002. As we all know this musician is known among the jazz community as a constant innovator concerning his own sound, morphing differently from album to album. But, to my surprise, I find "Speaking Of Now" something that I've heard before from this musician.

When I first listened to "Still Life (Talking)", (by Pat) released in the late eighties, I was convinced that it was of much more recent years, because it's sound was strikingly similar to "Speaking Of Now": both of them had vocals in more than one spot, both of them are largely influenced by Fusion, as also many of his albums were. But the similarity of those two pretty similar albums, very separate in time, made me praise "Still Life (Talking)" and criticize "Speaking Of Now": on this album, I didn't hear a thing that was new to me. However, I can't deny the enjoyment I had by listening to this, in few spots quite a bit, others most definitely less. Highlight tracks include songs like the ten minute "Proof", greatly structured, and the opener "As It Is". The other songs have some high points, as well as low ones. But the thing that did it for me, the thing that turned me on about these songs, are the vocals, which give in my opinion a very precious addiction to the music.

Overall, a decent album, but nothing really special at all, something that honestly didn't do anything for me, if not some enjoyment. It is yet another Pat Metheny obscure little album that has shining moments, but nothing at all that makes it an essential listen. Forgettable in a way, unforgettable in another.

Send comments to EatThatPhonebook (BETA) | Report this review (#566723) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 12, 2011

5 stars Being a long-time PM/PMG fan this was an album I was very much looking forward to when I became aware of the line-up changes which Pat had made, in particular Antonio Sanchez on drums. I was far from disappointed - all the usual trademarks were there: great, melodic, soaring guitar solos, tastef ... (read more)

Report this review (#502313) | Posted by AlanShaw | Saturday, August 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars If I have to describe this album I would say guitar driven atmospheric jazz fusion. Really enjoyable and light.One can recognize certain musical style patterns here. Different kinds of melodic voice incantations, nice mellow piano interludes. I will not go piece by piece because most of them have ... (read more)

Report this review (#351844) | Posted by petrica | Monday, December 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars To me this is Metheny's finest album. It's all about well-composed and clear music with a variety of different styles mixed together. The band makes up a truly amazing ensemble. Though being jazz, at places the music gets extremely atmospheric - even to be compared with some symphonic prog greats ... (read more)

Report this review (#126848) | Posted by Deliriumist | Tuesday, June 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Speaking of Now contains the same mystical and organic beauty as an aesthetic tale of futuristic space travel between alien worlds: each diverse, aloof, yet strangely homey and oddly familiar. Haunting in the most cosmic of fashions, delicately spacey, and wholly attaching: Pat Metheny's Speaking of ... (read more)

Report this review (#85607) | Posted by Shakespeare | Thursday, August 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PAT METHENY "Speaking of Now"