AURORA CONSURGENS

Angra

Angra Aurora Consurgens album cover

Buy ANGRA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. The Course Of Nature (3:47)
2. Ego Painted Grey (5:49)
3. Salvation: Suicide (4:21)
4. The Voice Commanding You (5:29)
5. Passing By (6:31)
6. Breaking Ties (3:30)
7. Scream Your Heart Out (4:24)
8. Window To Nowhere (6:01)
9. So Near So Far (6:11)
10. Abandoned Fate (3:09)

Japenese Edition Bonus Track
11. Out Of This World (4:36)

Search ANGRA Aurora Consurgens lyrics

Search ANGRA Aurora Consurgens tabs

- Edu Falaschi / vocals
- Kiko Loureiro / guitars
- Rafael Bittencourt / guitars
- Aquiles Priester / drums
- Felipe Andreolli / bass

Label: SPV

Thanks to Benjamin_Breeg for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

ANGRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANGRA Aurora Consurgens Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Angels Cry [Blu-ray]Angels Cry [Blu-ray]
Limited Edition · Import
Imports 2013
Aurora ConsurgensAurora Consurgens
Steamhammer / SPV 2006

More places to buy ANGRA music online Buy ANGRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANGRA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANGRA Aurora Consurgens ratings distribution

ANGRA Aurora Consurgens reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars This is Angra with new style .

When I got a copy of Classic Rock magazine of last year edition where there was supplementary CD that contains "Breaking Ties" of Angra new album, I thought Angra has changed their music style. This song did not attract me at all at first listen because by the time I listened to it my mind was preoccupied with determination of the kind of music Angra typically plays. Because I was not impressed with "breaking Ties" that for me was just mundane rock tune so I decided not to buy this album. But then, I found that our local label Aquarius dare to issue this album locally (of course with local price) so I finally bought the album for the sake of completing the collection: If I already got previous albums of Angra, why not this one?

When I tried to spin the CD, I was quite surprised that the music was not as mundane as I thought. Even from the opening track "The Course of Nature" (3:47) I can sense that the band's music has moved forward into another kind without sacrificing the roots of their music: power metal, characterized by speed and double pedal bass drum. As fan of the band with best album I like most is "Rebirth" I then expect that this album would sound something similar to "Rebirth". Too bad that it turns out the music is totally different. Of course I was struggling on how to best enjoy this album at first spins. Strange to me that I came to spin the CDs many times after the first spin. I find that the opening nuance of the first track is similar with "In Excelcis" of Rebirth album but the rest is completely different.

Why liking this album?

A Movement. I would say that the change of Angra music to this new style as a movement into other style (therefore this is "progressive" then) is a progress, musically. The band keeps searching their new style through experimenting with some formats in which their previous album "Temple of Shadows" can be considered as transition to this new level. For beginner of Angra music, I don't think this is a perfect album to start with because the compositions are not really straight forward. Traditionally, Angra was considered as metal band with high register notes vocal line performed by the band's previous singer Andre Matos. Through this album, Angra wants to wipe out that image and creating something different. The vocal of Edu Falaschi in this album is like a combination of Bernie Shaw (Uriah Heep) and DC Cooper (ex Royal Hunt).

Cohesive Whole. As far as I understand, this is NOT a concept album. But, listening to this album in its entirety sounds to me like enjoying the album with a storyline. Of course I talk musically here, not considering the lyrics per se. It sounds to my ears that the movement from one track to another has linking pin that connects them. Musically, this album is cohesive from start to end. If you enjoy this album only half-way through you might have lost the nuance. Put it another way, once you spin to this album you will be hooked into the rest of the track where the acoustic guitar accompanies vocal.

Excellent Performance (of the band). I want to emphasize here on the vocal capability of Edu Falaschi which has improved tremendously in this album. I say this commenting to his performance in this album's third track "Ego Painted Grey" where at the end of first verse (approx minute 1:12) when he screams "eeeaaaaaaaa" from moderate voice moves upward into high register notes. It's a great performance! Guitar works by two players Kiko and Rafael indicate excellent harmonies with different roles as riff maker and as melody. Aquiles also performs excellent and dynamic drumming especially during segment transitions. All of them provide neat music at the end result.

Excellent Tracks. For sure, there is no such thing as bad track from this album. I do not favor "Breaking Ties" but it does not mean it's a bad track. The rest are all excellent ones. From the opening track "The Course of Nature" into "The Voice Commanding You" and into "Ego Painted Grey" they all sound like a cohesive whole. The tracks also have strong and powerful lyrics. "So Near So Far" is a great track, in my view.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Of course, if you do not favor heavy parts of progressive music, it's gonna be very difficult for you to accept this album. The other worry that I think you might find difficulties in enjoying this album is the melody. Of course for my ears I find OK with this album but I don't think this album is quite melodious for most of people. So, accepting this kind of music is really a challenge. Even if you get used to the band's music, you might not like this album because you might have strong preconception about the band's previous works.

I would put it really up to you to decide. For me personally, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110652) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

Review by WaywardSon
3 stars On this album, Angra opted for a more stripped down sound and re-invented their overall sound, moving more to a traditional metal sound.

The albumīs first four tracks are very good, and on first listen I thought that this would be a five star album all the way. The standout tracks being "Ego painted grey" (the beginning slow vocals which build up reminded me of Iron Maidenīs Hallowed be thy name) which is probably the best song on the album, and the great riff from "The voice commanding you" (which really works well in their live show)

But halfway into the album the band seems to run out of ideas and the sound in general seems quite uninspired. Maybe Kiko Loureiro was concentrating more on his second solo album at the time of this recording, because the last half of the album has songs which range from good to average.

Probably the weakest of the three albums featuring Edu Falaschi on vocals, although his voice sounds great, itīs the last compositions which make this release a three star album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#161124) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2008

4 stars Angra's latest effort, Aurora Consurgens, is a very direct and cohesive album, which leads the band to a more "prog metal" side of it's carreer, a fact that can dissapoint some of their fans. After the masterpiece "Temple of Shadows", Angra decided not to record another concept album, and built ... (read more)

Report this review (#116309) | Posted by Benjamin_Breeg | Sunday, March 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I'm not a huge fan of heavy metal bands, though am very keen on some like Dream Theater, UFO and Magnum. What I look for is either a bit of "progressive" tendency, as in Dream Theater's music and, to some extent, Magnum's or plenty of melody. This was my first taster of Angra and I thought the ... (read more)

Report this review (#113125) | Posted by alextorres | Thursday, February 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars well when i got this ablumn at first i was diapointed about the singer and stlye change there style change kinda moved to more power metal heaveir and the singer change from Eduardo Falaschi to edu falaschi which at first i thought was bad but he kinda grew on me after a while well any way well i ... (read more)

Report this review (#103556) | Posted by #1floydfan | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hmmm, most puzzling this album. It sounds like nothing Angra ever produced. Their musical strayed from the epic power sonority of "Temple of Shadows" into a heavier, moodier type of metal. First track brings DT to mind at once...but without the soul and heaviness. The remaining ones are more l ... (read more)

Report this review (#97562) | Posted by April_Ethereal | Tuesday, November 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just got my copy from Amazon about a week ago. I've listened it I don't know how many times, but for sure, they were a lot. This CD is just the perfect resume of Heavy + Power + Progressive Metal I've ever heard. Let's start with the only thing I don't like: The absence of Brazilian rythms ... (read more)

Report this review (#96708) | Posted by nzeus | Wednesday, November 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANGRA "Aurora Consurgens"