AURORA CONSURGENS

Angra

Angra Aurora Consurgens album cover

Buy ANGRA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. The Course Of Nature (3:47)
2. Ego Painted Grey (5:49)
3. Salvation: Suicide (4:21)
4. The Voice Commanding You (5:29)
5. Passing By (6:31)
6. Breaking Ties (3:30)
7. Scream Your Heart Out (4:24)
8. Window To Nowhere (6:01)
9. So Near So Far (6:11)
10. Abandoned Fate (3:09)

Japenese Edition Bonus Track
11. Out Of This World (4:36)

Search ANGRA Aurora Consurgens lyrics

Search ANGRA Aurora Consurgens tabs

- Edu Falaschi / vocals
- Kiko Loureiro / guitars
- Rafael Bittencourt / guitars
- Aquiles Priester / drums
- Felipe Andreolli / bass

Label: SPV

Thanks to Benjamin_Breeg for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

ANGRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANGRA Aurora Consurgens Music

Best Reached HorizonsBest Reached Horizons
Steamhammer Us 2012
Angels CryAngels Cry
Jvc Japan 1993
A CHAVE DO SOL THE KEY LP BRAZIL 1988 Dr SIN ANGRA Manowar Iron maiden Helloween US $66.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Angra: The Holy Box [Limited] [Numbered] ~ New 3-CD Box Set (1998, Lucretia) US $149.95 Buy It Now 4h 45m
ANGRA - BEST REACHED HORIZONS [886922605826] - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.33 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Angra - Rebirth [CD New] US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
LP INOX - INOX BRAZIL Heavy Metal Salario Minimo Sepultura Angra RARE US $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 52m
ANGRA / Aurora Consurgens /JAPAN LTD CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
ANGRA 'Lisbon' CD 1998 CNR France PICTURE CD SIGNED BY ALL MEMBERS ULTRA RARE US $89.99 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Angra: Angels Cry (1993) / CD TAIWAN US $22.89 Buy It Now 14h 54m
ANGRA FIREWORKS, MC CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
Andre Matos - Mentalize CD 2009 Japan OBI MICP-10856 ANGRA US $35.00 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Almah - Edu Falaschi CD 2006 Japan OBI VICP-63524 ANGRA US $35.00 Buy It Now 23h 18m
ANGRA - TEMPLE OF SHADOWS Indonesia Cassette Tape VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANGRA - FREEDOM CALL/HOLY LIVE - NEW CD US $20.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Pure Metal Sampler Vol.2 Japan CD OBI Thunderhead Angra Conception Running Wild US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pure Metal Sampler Vol.2 Japan CD Thunderhead Angra Conception Running Wild US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WIZARDS s/t 1995 JAPAN CD OBI + LYRIC BOOK self titil MINT Angra Viper US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
angra live acoustic at fnac japan OBI !! only japan released !!!!!!!!!!! US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Freedom Call [EP] by Angra (CD, Aug-1999, Century Media (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Angra - Angel's Cry-20th Anniversary Tour [CD New] US $59.68 Buy It Now 1 day
ANGRA - Aqua - CD BRAND NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LABYRINTH-6 DAYS TO NOWHERE-CD-progressive-power-vision divine-kamelot-angra US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EVIL MASQUERADE-THIRD ACT + 2 bns-CD-manticora-majestic-treasure land-angra US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Angra Holy Land Studio Album 1996 Melodic Metal Cassette Tape US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Karma - Leave Now!!! Angra Japan Digipak CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Angra - Fireworks Japan/Sealed New CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Avantasia Lost In Space Part I CD Edguy HElloween Angra Pretty Maids US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VIRGO st Japan cd 11tracks ANGRA andre matos HEAVENS GATE US $7.00 [0 bids]
ANGRA - ANGEL'S CRY - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $44.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Execution Live Reunion- Tribuzy, NEW, Import, Iron Maiden, Primal Fear US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SEPULTURA RATAMAHATTA CD PROMO MTV VIDEO MADE IN BRASIL 1997 ANGRA MAKE BELIEVE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Angra - Angels Cry [CD New] US $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANGRA REBIRTH UKR. SPECIAL EDITION SOYUZ BRAZIL POWER METAL VIPER US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Angra - Aqua 2010 [CD New] US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDRE MATOS - Time To Be Free Cd Sealed Angra Shaman Edguy Stratovarius US $7.90 [0 bids]
VIPER - SOLDIERS OF SUNRISE CD ANDRE MATOS ANGRA HELLOWEEN HEAVEN'S GATE US $7.90 [0 bids]
Viper COMA RAGE LP ORIGINAL 1st PRESS 1994 Brazil SEPULTURA ANGRA KORZUS SHAMAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RHAPSODY LIVE HAMBURG SET/4/2000 LP 5 TRACKS HAMMERFALL GAMA RAY ANGRA OF FIRE US $86.60 Buy It Now 2 days
ANGRA / LISBON JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANGRA - AURORA CONSURGENS - NEW CD US $7.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Angra - Holy Live CD *SEALED* (1997) US $13.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Andre Matos / Time to Be Free JAPAN Angra *C US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bittencourt Project / Brainworms I JAPAN+1 Angra A US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kiko Loureiro / No Gravity JAPAN Angra B US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA REBIRTH WORLD TOUR LIVE IN SAO PAULO 2CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 2003 US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VIPER COMA RAGE CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1994 Angra Helloween Iron maiden Manowar US $19.66 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA FREEDOM CALL CD BRAZIL 1st PRES 1997 WITH 2 BONUS TRACKS IRON MAIDEN VIPER US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DREAM DRAGONSLAYER CD MADE IN BRAZIL 2002 HELLOWEEN MANOWAR ANGRA MERCYFUL FATE US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DREAM EVIL UNITED CD DOUBLE MADE IN BRAZIL 2006 HELLOWEEN MANOWAR ANGRA VIPER US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
FASTER PUSSYCAT LP PROMO MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 1987 KISS POISON MANOWAR ANGRA US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DR SIN DR SIN 2 CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1ST PRESS 2000 WITHOUT BARCODE SEPULTURA ANGRA US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA FREEDOM CALL CD MA DE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1996 WITH 2 BONUS IRON MAIDEN US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA Holy Land / live acoustic at fnac 2xCD ORG 1st Press 1996 CNR french Press US $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Shaman - Ritualive USED CD/DVD Rare import Angra Avantasia Helloween US $25.00 [0 bids]
ALMAH-FRAGILE EQUALITY-CD-symbols-dark avenger-power-angra-hibria-shaman-melodic US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA - REBIRTH WORLD TOUR LIVE 2 CD - 18 Songs US $11.89 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH TARJA TURUNEN My Winter Storm Korea CD New ANGRA US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VAN CANTO Metal A Capella (1 Bonus Track) Korea CD New METALLICA ANGRA US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
@ CD Angra - Aqua / STEAMHAMMER RECORDS 2010 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA / hunters and prey /JAPAN LTD CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA / holy land /JAPAN LTD OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Wizards Japan CD w/obi angra brazilian melodic metal VICP-5634 US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGRA EVIL WARNING cd Limited Edition mint Stratovarius Helloween Gamma Ray US $12.00 [0 bids]
ANGRA - AQUA - 308632 US $16.47 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA - BEST REACHED HORIZONS - 260582 US $17.52 Buy It Now 4 days
MORGANA - ANGEL CD DR SIN ANGRA SHAMAN EDGUY AVANTASIA STRATOVARIUS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA - Angels Cry (20th Anniversary Live) - 209120ERE US $18.24 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA - Angels Cry (20th Anniversary Live) - 209121ERE US $23.64 Buy It Now 4 days
A CHAVE DO SOL LP BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1stPRESS 1985 Iron maiden Manowar Angra US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kai Hansen Worx - Gamma Ray Helloween Angra Japanese Import CD VICP-60217 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SILENT CRYING CD STRATOVARIUS/VIRGIN STEELE/ANGRA/ELEGY/THUNDERHEAD/ETC TT 020-2 US $4.85 [0 bids]
Machine head metal maniacs magazine iron maiden Marilyn Manson manowar angra US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Angra: Aqua (2010) + Bonus Track / CD TAIWAN US $22.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA-REBIRTH-JAPAN CD C94 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Angra - Best Reached Horizons (NEW CD) US $17.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Angra - Angels Cry (20th Anniversary Live) (NEW CD) US $18.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Angra - Aqua (NEW CD) US $17.41 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA-ANGELS CRY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR-JAPAN DVD J50 US $42.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA LISBON ( CD ) JAPAN SEALED US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANGRA HUNTERS AND PREY CD 8 TRACK MINI ALBUM INCLUDING VIDEO TRACK GERMAN US $12.97 Buy It Now 5 days
Thalion / Another Sun JAPAN+1 Angra Helloween Dark Moor *E US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
HOT STUFF KIND OF CRIME LP PROMO BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1993 ANGRA HELLOWEEN METALLICA US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGRA HUNTERS AND PREY CD BRAZIL 1stPR 2002 1TPORTUGUES US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SCELERATA DARKNESS AND LIGHT CD ANGRA HELLOWEEN SHAMAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Angra : Holy Land/Angels Cry CD (2010) US $19.42 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGRA-Aqua CD NEW US $14.76 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGRA-Best Reached Horizons CD NEW US $14.76 Buy It Now 5 days
LABYRINTH Timeless Crime Ep Cd Org99 Metal Blade Vision Divine Cydonia Angra US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGRA REACHING HORIZONS CD NEW MINT 1996 INCLUDES BONUS TRACKS ORIGINAL CD ANGRA US $19.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER CD METROPOLIS 2 QUEENSRYCHE IRON MAIDEN PORCUPINE TREE ANGRA US $5.00 [0 bids]
Angra - Fireworks CD - 1 Bonus Track US $14.87 Buy It Now 5 days
Angra - Freedom Call / Holy Live 2CD Set US $14.87 Buy It Now 5 days
Angra - Holy Land CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
VODU SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION LP BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1986 METALLICA ANGRA VIPER SHAMAN US $66.60 Buy It Now 6 days
ANGRA 'Lisbon' CD 1998 CNR France PICTURE CD SIGNED BY ALL MEMBERS ULTRA RARE US $89.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ANGRA-ANGELS CRY-20th ANNIVERSARY TOUR-JAPAN 2 CD G35 zd US $31.50 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDRE MATOS - THE TURN OF THE LIGHTS CD +BONUS TRACK $2.99 S&H ANGRA VIPER US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KARMA leave now!!! +2 Japan CD ANGRA SEALED MINT US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Angra Best Reached Horizons Taiwan CD w/OBI US $25.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Angra Best Reached Horizons Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD w/OBI US $27.68 Buy It Now 6 days
Angra: Hunters and Prey (2002) / CD TAIWAN US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy ANGRA music online Buy ANGRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANGRA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANGRA Aurora Consurgens ratings distribution

ANGRA Aurora Consurgens reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars This is Angra with new style .

When I got a copy of Classic Rock magazine of last year edition where there was supplementary CD that contains "Breaking Ties" of Angra new album, I thought Angra has changed their music style. This song did not attract me at all at first listen because by the time I listened to it my mind was preoccupied with determination of the kind of music Angra typically plays. Because I was not impressed with "breaking Ties" that for me was just mundane rock tune so I decided not to buy this album. But then, I found that our local label Aquarius dare to issue this album locally (of course with local price) so I finally bought the album for the sake of completing the collection: If I already got previous albums of Angra, why not this one?

When I tried to spin the CD, I was quite surprised that the music was not as mundane as I thought. Even from the opening track "The Course of Nature" (3:47) I can sense that the band's music has moved forward into another kind without sacrificing the roots of their music: power metal, characterized by speed and double pedal bass drum. As fan of the band with best album I like most is "Rebirth" I then expect that this album would sound something similar to "Rebirth". Too bad that it turns out the music is totally different. Of course I was struggling on how to best enjoy this album at first spins. Strange to me that I came to spin the CDs many times after the first spin. I find that the opening nuance of the first track is similar with "In Excelcis" of Rebirth album but the rest is completely different.

Why liking this album?

A Movement. I would say that the change of Angra music to this new style as a movement into other style (therefore this is "progressive" then) is a progress, musically. The band keeps searching their new style through experimenting with some formats in which their previous album "Temple of Shadows" can be considered as transition to this new level. For beginner of Angra music, I don't think this is a perfect album to start with because the compositions are not really straight forward. Traditionally, Angra was considered as metal band with high register notes vocal line performed by the band's previous singer Andre Matos. Through this album, Angra wants to wipe out that image and creating something different. The vocal of Edu Falaschi in this album is like a combination of Bernie Shaw (Uriah Heep) and DC Cooper (ex Royal Hunt).

Cohesive Whole. As far as I understand, this is NOT a concept album. But, listening to this album in its entirety sounds to me like enjoying the album with a storyline. Of course I talk musically here, not considering the lyrics per se. It sounds to my ears that the movement from one track to another has linking pin that connects them. Musically, this album is cohesive from start to end. If you enjoy this album only half-way through you might have lost the nuance. Put it another way, once you spin to this album you will be hooked into the rest of the track where the acoustic guitar accompanies vocal.

Excellent Performance (of the band). I want to emphasize here on the vocal capability of Edu Falaschi which has improved tremendously in this album. I say this commenting to his performance in this album's third track "Ego Painted Grey" where at the end of first verse (approx minute 1:12) when he screams "eeeaaaaaaaa" from moderate voice moves upward into high register notes. It's a great performance! Guitar works by two players Kiko and Rafael indicate excellent harmonies with different roles as riff maker and as melody. Aquiles also performs excellent and dynamic drumming especially during segment transitions. All of them provide neat music at the end result.

Excellent Tracks. For sure, there is no such thing as bad track from this album. I do not favor "Breaking Ties" but it does not mean it's a bad track. The rest are all excellent ones. From the opening track "The Course of Nature" into "The Voice Commanding You" and into "Ego Painted Grey" they all sound like a cohesive whole. The tracks also have strong and powerful lyrics. "So Near So Far" is a great track, in my view.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Of course, if you do not favor heavy parts of progressive music, it's gonna be very difficult for you to accept this album. The other worry that I think you might find difficulties in enjoying this album is the melody. Of course for my ears I find OK with this album but I don't think this album is quite melodious for most of people. So, accepting this kind of music is really a challenge. Even if you get used to the band's music, you might not like this album because you might have strong preconception about the band's previous works.

I would put it really up to you to decide. For me personally, this is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110652) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

Review by WaywardSon
3 stars On this album, Angra opted for a more stripped down sound and re-invented their overall sound, moving more to a traditional metal sound.

The albumīs first four tracks are very good, and on first listen I thought that this would be a five star album all the way. The standout tracks being "Ego painted grey" (the beginning slow vocals which build up reminded me of Iron Maidenīs Hallowed be thy name) which is probably the best song on the album, and the great riff from "The voice commanding you" (which really works well in their live show)

But halfway into the album the band seems to run out of ideas and the sound in general seems quite uninspired. Maybe Kiko Loureiro was concentrating more on his second solo album at the time of this recording, because the last half of the album has songs which range from good to average.

Probably the weakest of the three albums featuring Edu Falaschi on vocals, although his voice sounds great, itīs the last compositions which make this release a three star album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#161124) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2008

4 stars Angra's latest effort, Aurora Consurgens, is a very direct and cohesive album, which leads the band to a more "prog metal" side of it's carreer, a fact that can dissapoint some of their fans. After the masterpiece "Temple of Shadows", Angra decided not to record another concept album, and built ... (read more)

Report this review (#116309) | Posted by Benjamin_Breeg | Sunday, March 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I'm not a huge fan of heavy metal bands, though am very keen on some like Dream Theater, UFO and Magnum. What I look for is either a bit of "progressive" tendency, as in Dream Theater's music and, to some extent, Magnum's or plenty of melody. This was my first taster of Angra and I thought the ... (read more)

Report this review (#113125) | Posted by alextorres | Thursday, February 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars well when i got this ablumn at first i was diapointed about the singer and stlye change there style change kinda moved to more power metal heaveir and the singer change from Eduardo Falaschi to edu falaschi which at first i thought was bad but he kinda grew on me after a while well any way well i ... (read more)

Report this review (#103556) | Posted by #1floydfan | Monday, December 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Hmmm, most puzzling this album. It sounds like nothing Angra ever produced. Their musical strayed from the epic power sonority of "Temple of Shadows" into a heavier, moodier type of metal. First track brings DT to mind at once...but without the soul and heaviness. The remaining ones are more l ... (read more)

Report this review (#97562) | Posted by April_Ethereal | Tuesday, November 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just got my copy from Amazon about a week ago. I've listened it I don't know how many times, but for sure, they were a lot. This CD is just the perfect resume of Heavy + Power + Progressive Metal I've ever heard. Let's start with the only thing I don't like: The absence of Brazilian rythms ... (read more)

Report this review (#96708) | Posted by nzeus | Wednesday, November 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANGRA "Aurora Consurgens"